Finding my Mother

Story Info
After 25 years, I found my birth mother.
9.4k words
4.58
78.5k
169
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LincolnSST
LincolnSST
111 Followers

My name is Kevin Williams and I'm twenty four years old. I stand 6ft 2in tall and weigh around two ten. Brown hair and brown eyes.

So, here I sit at the kitchen table, wondering what the hell I'm going to do with my life.

What got me here was the second worst thing that could happen. The first was when my Mom died. I was the ripe old age of seventeen. She was walking down the stairs carrying a box of old clothes for Goodwill and lost her footing. She ended up at the bottom with a broken neck. My Dad and I managed, with lots of help, to get through it. I struggled through that year in high school and managed to graduate on time. Our bond was even stronger after going through the grief process.

With fierce determination, I graduated from college with a 3.9 average due to the fact that I didn't want to disappoint my Dad. His plan was for me to take over his business and it was my dream too.

He and a good friend started up an engineering business and built it into a little short of an empire. Their key to success was the government contracts that he had. A high school buddy had gotten into politics and he quickly found out how business was done in Washington. He learned where and how much grease it took to land contracts.

One month after I graduated I was sitting in my office down the hall from his. I heard a woman screaming and bolted out the door. My Dad's secretary was standing in the doorway screaming and pulling her hair. I shoved her out of the way and found my Dad laying on the floor. I shouted at Mary to call 911 and started CPR on Dad. I don't remember how long I kept at it, but the paramedics pushed me out of the way and started to work on him. I sat there in shock, leaning against the wall watching them. He had turned blue and they couldn't find a pulse. Finally they put him on the gurney and rolled him away. I just sat there, with tears running down my face.

***************

I just sat there trying to find some way to organize what I have to do. I have a $3 billion dollar business that I only have a vague idea how to run and no family to turn to. The only friends I have were in college and for all practical purposes, they're gone. The closest thing to family I have is Marie. She is the housekeeper that Dad hired after Mom died. She had been a friend, lover and a surrogate Mom. I guessed her age in her early thirties.

It all started with her the summer before I left for college. I had been out late partying with some friends. She came in with some of my clean laundry. I always slept in the nude, and I had pushed the blankets down in my sleep. My morning wood was up at full mast.

I heard her clear her throat and I opened my eyes. It took a minute for me to realize what was going on. She was just standing there looking at my cock.

"Wow, Kevin. Nice package you have there."

"Marie! You could knock before you come in."

"I did. You were dead to the world. This way I get to see your package. Very nice."

I started to pull the blankets up, but realized it was too late.

"Go take your shower and piss that away. I'll straighten your room up."

I showered, shaved and brushed my teeth. When I came out she was laying on my bed, stark ass naked.

"Come over here and let's see if we can get that beauty back up. It's time you started learning how to use it."

Not being stupid, I did as directed. That started my education in the finer points of fucking. Over the next four summers and all vacations, we tried to fuck each other to death. I never did know if she was taking care of my Dad too. I never asked, but I suspected. They never let on that they were when I was around. My Dad never remarried was what made me suspect.

***************

A year has passed and I'm finishing up clearing out the house. I sold my business and the house was in escrow. I gave Marie $1 million. She wouldn't take any more.

"You'll always have a special place in my heart, Marie. Thank you for all you've done for me."

She smiled.

"The pleasure was all mine. You be careful out there. Don't let all of this money change you. You're a good man with a good heart. Stay that way."

We kissed and I watched her drive away. A tear ran down my cheek.

****************

The money for the business was in an account in the Cayman Islands. I planned on keeping the money from the house closer. I had two weeks to move out. I still didn't have any idea where I was going to land. Once I got the house taken care of I would decide. All that was left was my bedroom furniture, some stuff in the kitchen and a lock box holding my Dad's personal papers. I had donated everything else. I needed to go through them. They were in a metal box he kept in a closet in the back wall of his office. I set it on the table in front of me and opened it.

On top was his and Mom's birth certificates, their marriage license and some pictures they had taken over the years. I laid them on the table and took out an old wrinkled manila envelope. I pulled the papers out and almost had a stroke.

I was adopted.

It took me a while to process it. I sat there, looking at my birth certificate and adoption papers. I'm sure my mouth was hanging open. They had never mentioned it to me. I saw my birth mother's name for the first time in my life.

Sarah Upchurch. It gave her age at fourteen. I had been Kevin Upchurch for just a few days. The dates on paperwork showed that everything was ready to go on the day of my birth. The adoption papers had a little more information, but it was all twenty five years old. I thought it was odd that there was no name for the father. Her Dad probably wasn't real happy about her getting knocked up at fourteen. Sarah may have been worried that her Dad your do some harm to his body if he knew who it was. She must have refused to tell him.

The first thing that came to mind was social media. I opened my Facebook account and typed in her name. I really didn't think anything would be there. She had probably married after all these years. There were three accounts under her name. I opened one and saw a young girl that looked to be in her early twenties. The next one was black. Two strikes. The next one had possibilities. She looked to be in her thirties, Brown hair and brown eyes. Her cover photo showed her sitting in a porch swing holding a cat in her lap. Her profile picture was just of her face. I zoomed in, trying to get a close up of her face. I increased it till it started to pixel out. I just sat there, looking. Could that be her. How do I contact her. I couldn't do a "Hi, Mom. Guess what."

I looked through her pictures and saw one of her in the parking lot in front of an office. The sign on the front of the building said Valley Real Estate. She was standing by the back of a car with California plates. I chuckled to myself thinking of my detective skills. Yeah, a lucky detective.

I opened my search engine and typed in the Real Estate name. Three were three in California. The second one had her listed as an agent. Damn, I'm good. Just call me Sherlock. I was getting excited at the possibility that this was her. My actual real Mom.

I decided to make up a package and send it to her with copies of all the paperwork I had found. I would include a cover letter telling her a little about myself and how I found her. At the bottom I put a post script: "If you aren't my Mother, please let me know and I'll never bother you again."

I dug out my picture album and took out a picture of me in my track uniform from college. I included that, my cell number and email address.

I sprinted out to my car and broke several speed limits going to Kinkos. I got the copies and sped to the post office. I sent it over night, priority mail and anything else that would speed it up. They said it would get there tomorrow afternoon.

***************

"Good morning, Sarah. Here's some mail for you. You got something going in Phoenix?"

She laid a manila envelope on my desk.

"Thanks, Linda. I'll sell a house anywhere, but I don't have anything going on there."

"You look deep in that computer. Got a tough one going?"

"Sure do. I have the perfect house for my client, but it's over priced by $75K. It's going to be one tough sale."

"I see. It will probably tough to get them down that much. They must have some emotional attachment to the house."

"The listing agent told me they raised three kids there. They've all moved out and they want to downsize.

"Well, good luck with it."

"Thanks."

She turned and walked out as I looked at the return address on the manila envelope.

Kevin Williams? I was sure I didn't know anyone with that name from anywhere. I cut it open with my handy dandy letter opener and pulled out the contents. There was a picture, some documents and a cover letter. The picture looked familiar, but no one came to mind. I read the cover letter.

I screamed: "Oh my god."

Linda came running in.

"Sarah, What?"

I just sat there looking at the picture., dumbfounded. All kinds of thoughts raced through my mind.

'After all these years my son had found me.' Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would happen. I had pushed it so far back in my memory that it was just something I rarely thought about. This can't be happening. His father had died in a training accident in the Army years ago. It's just not possible. I let Linda read the cover letter and look at the picture.

"Sarah, do you think it's true or some kind of a scam?"

"Oh god, I don't know. What kind of a scam could it be. Here's my name on the birth certificate. The hospital name is right, and his fathers name isn't there. I remember I wouldn't tell them who it was. My Dad suspected it was Brian, but I thought he would kill him."

"What are you going to do?"

"Try to calm down first. I almost peed my pants."

"Jeez, Sarah. I hope it's true. So cool to finally meet your son. Especially after all these years. Are you going to email him of call?"

"Email first, then maybe a phone call."

I sat in front of my home computer composing an email, trying not to seem too excited. I wanted to appear cautious in case it was all a big mistake. Happy with what I wrote, I clicked send. I knew tonight would be sleepless. I checked my computer every half hour for an answer. I kept looking at the picture he sent. He was so handsome, just like I remembered his Daddy. Then it hit me. My yearbook.

I literally ran in my bedroom and dug in my closet. I found my yearbook and hurried back. I found Brian's picture and laid Kevin's next to it. The likeness was amazing. He had his Dad's eyes and mouth. It just had to be true. My son had found me. A tear ran down my cheek.

I started remembering my time with Brian. It was all coming back in a rush. How much I loved him and especially the night I got pregnant. It was his Senior Prom night. He had a car, but my folks dropped me off. He had it all planned out. A friends older brother had an apartment close to the school. He was going to let us use it. Brian was going to be my first. I loved him so much I would have given him my life. We even decided not to use a condom. We wanted to be as close as possible. We did it two times and hurried back to the school. I was finally a woman. I was so naive about it I didn't realize I didn't even have an orgasm. Looking back now, I knew he didn't last long, but I was in love and it didn't matter.

Of course, I missed my next period. I didn't say anything till I missed the next one. I had to tell my Mom. Needless to say she was shocked but like any loving Mom, she just held me while I cried my eyes out.

My Dad was a whole different story. He was the Chief of Police for the City. At first he went ballistic. He wanted to know who the father was because he was going to kill him and hide the body. I remember my Mom shoving him up in a corner. She shook her finger under his nose and told him I needed him as a father, not as a cop. I wasn't one of his criminals, I was his daughter. He finally settled down. The rest is history. I would give my baby up for adoption.

I found out later that all along he suspected Brian was the guilty party. He hunted him down one night and told him in no uncertain terms that he was going to disappear, one way or the other. Brian opted to join the Army. My Dad would have made his life hell if he stayed in town. I heard a few years later that he was killed in a training accident.

**************

I sat on the bed, trying to get some perspective on what was going on. I just had to wait for her answer. I turned on the TV to kill some time. I was so antsy I couldn't even concentrate on it. After scrolling through all the channels three times I decided to go for a run. I had been slacking off over the past few months. I needed to get back to my routine.

I changed into some shorts, a t shirt and my Nike's. I checked my email and grabbed my I pod an headed out. I did a fast three miles and came back, covered in sweat. A quick shower and I was back at my laptop, checking for her return message. Nothing.

One way or another I was going to leave the house soon, either to move on with my life or to hook up with my Mom. I decided to pack up what I would take. If nothing else, it would give me something to do. I started sorting my clothes. I figured I would be traveling, so a ten day supply would be enough. When I landed somewhere I could get more. I was a billionaire. I could buy a whole store if I wanted.

An hour later I checked my email account. There was an answer from Sarah. I almost shit myself. Her answer was guarded. It didn't surprise me at all. She had included her cell number. I decided to call her.

"Hello."

"Hello, Sarah. This is Kevin Williams."

"Hello, Kevin. How are you?"

"That's a good question. I'm not really sure. Surprised, anxious, nervous and apprehensive to name a few."

"I must confess, I'm right there with you."

"I guess my first question is, what do we do now. All the paperwork points to the fact that you're my birth mother."

"Well, I suppose we should meet. I would be more comfortable if we were face to face."

"I agree on that. But I was thinking how we can confirm it quickly before we get too far into this. Let's have a paternity test done. That will settle it once and for all."

"Good thinking. You're in Arizona. Maybe we could meet halfway?"

"I've sold my house and escrow closes in about a week. I could have my agent take care of the leftover details and leave here tomorrow morning. It's just over three hundred miles. I could drive it in one day. I could call you when I get there."

"I'm trying to hold down my excitement, and not doing a very good job. If indeed you are my son, we have lots of catching up to do."

"About twenty five years to be exact. I'm not doing well holding down my excitement either. I'm expecting a sleepless night."

"I don't think counting sheep will help."

"Probably not. I may go out for another run. Maybe exhaustion will work."

"You're into running to stay in shape."

"It started in college. I was on the track team. The picture I sent is from my junior year. I guess it just got to be a habit."

"Sounds like a good habit."

"Oh. Feel free to check out my Facebook page. There's some stuff about my former life there. I've made it public. It goes back about ten years."

"I'll do that while I'm not sleeping tonight."

"Well, if I'm leaving in the morning, I need to finish my packing. You take care."

"I will. Good night, Kevin."

"Good night, Sarah."

I tapped end call and smiled. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

******************

We were sitting on two extremely uncomfortable chairs in front of a desk. A man in a white lab coat walked with some papers in his hand.

"Hello. May I see some ID, please?"

He compared the names on our drivers licenses to his paper work.

"Thank you. Concerning the paternity of Sarah Upchurch and Kevin Williams. You are Mother and Son."

We both jumped up like we were sitting on sharp tacks. We grabbed each other and hugged. We thanked the lab coat guy and walked out, hanging on to each other.

I stopped and looked at her.

"OK, what do I call you, Mom, Mother, Mama, or Mommy."

"You silly, Mom will be fine."

We just stood there, looking at each other.

"Mom, I haven't thought this through past getting the lab report. What do we do now?"

"We get you moved from that hotel to my house. I cheated and cleared out my spare bedroom. I just knew your were mine."

"Then we celebrate. We're going out for dinner and a bottle of champagne. What's the very best restaurant in town."

"I think it's Adamo's. My broker says there are no prices on the menu."

"Perfect. I'll call and make a reservation."

"I'm so happy. This is just the best day. My son found me."

I finished unpacking and heard Mom making noise in the kitchen. I walked in and saw two coffee cups setting on the table. There was a saucer with some cookies next to one cup.

"Sit down. It's coffee, cookie and talk time. I told you I cheated. I also make cookies last night."

I had to chuckle. A new Mom making cookies for her son. We were catching up in more ways than one.

"I added one teaspoon of sugar to my coffee and picked up a cookie. Thanks Mom. My first cookie made by my Mom."

"I'm not used to being a Mom. I tried to think of something that Mom's do for their sons. Cookies came to mind."

I took a deep breath and looked in her eyes.

"I have a secret to tell you. A really big secret."

"I hope it's a good secret."

"Oh, it is. I wouldn't do anything to spoil today. My Dad; Oh, god. That sounds weird. Anyway, my adopted Dad owned an engineering company. When he died, he left it to me. I had no idea how to run it so I sold it. I'm a billionaire."

"Oh my, Kevin. What are you going to do with all that money?"

"I haven't thought about it since I found the adoption papers. But, I think the question really is, what are we going to do with all that money."

"I wouldn't know. I've always worked. I have no idea how to be in the idle rich group."

"I'm sorta the same. All I've ever done is go to school. During the summers I just hung out with my friends."

She smiled.

"We can start tonight when we go out to dinner."

****************

It's been almost a year since I found my Mom. We finally got caught up on our past lives and settled down. I was surprised she didn't have a boyfriend or husband. She was a good looking woman with a nice personality. She was a people person. I didn't quiz her about it. I figured if she wanted me to know she would tell me. It may have been from the trauma of losing her boyfriend and son years ago. Not being a psychology major, I really didn't know.

We did have a discussion about us living together. We agreed that until one of us found someone special we would stay together. To date, it hadn't happened.

She did have a date now and then, but nothing lasting ever came of them. She did come home late a few times, but never spent the night.

It was pretty much the same with me. I was pretty good at the bar pick up thing because that's how I operated in college. I got laid now and then, but feast or famine had been my way of life all the way through college and I gotten used to it.

One thing I did notice about her. She had that, "I have a fat ass" syndrome." From what I could tell she was about ten or fifteen pounds overweight. I casually mentioned the I would like some company on my morning runs. She agreed and I started her off with walking. After a month I moved it up to walks with some jogging. After two months, I noticed her pants were getting a little baggy in the butt. She noticed too and she took me along on some shopping trips. She wanted my opinion and I gave it.

One day I tried to get her to go into Fredrick's. I didn't have an ulterior motive. It was more of a joke than anything. She didn't bite, but I noticed that her granny panties were disappearing. Thongs and bikinis were appearing in the laundry. The bikinis and t shirt was her after shower attire in the evening. The morning walks and jogs certainly made her legs look good. They trimmed up really well.

LincolnSST
LincolnSST
111 Followers