All Comments on 'Finding the One Ch. 03'

by Kojak01

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
stattionstattionover 6 years ago
Very short chapters

Love your work but this would have been better as just one long entry.... or even halving the number of chapters to eight would have helped. Single page chapters are a little annoying.

Kojak01Kojak01over 6 years agoAuthor
@stattion

Thanks for your feedback. I'll keep that in mind for future stories and submissions.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanover 6 years ago
i agreed with @stattion

you are a good writer and the story is interesting but one page chapter is a waste of time unless the reader is just looking for a quick rub seccion. i have read stories of 30 pages long and i prefer that to wait another week for another one page story. but at the end its just my opinion. you do you

Kojak01Kojak01over 6 years agoAuthor
@JoTaKuSan

Many thanks for your feedback. I highly appreciate your input.

As this story is already finished, and the short chapters are part of the intended structure, I'm afraid there is not much I can or want to do about it.

But I take your input and most likely will have longer chapters in future publications, also because I think it suits my style better.

But as my favourite author Stephen King once said in a prologue (by meaning, not by word): A short story is like a stolen kiss, a promise for more, while a novel is a full blown love affair.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
????

I don't understand why Melissa thinks he owed her a call before he went to a public club? In any case, she would be dead to me.

I'm mildly curious what will happen to our socially dysfunctional hero. I enjoyed the story about the nephew. I'd like to see Melissa frustrated and ignored. Seems the females in your story we know almost nothing about.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
I agree,,,,,

Unless you really want the mix to settle or even ferment these short chapters are less fun than longer ones.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 6 years ago
Still reading and interested.

Even though I agree with previous comments on

the short length of these chapters. Keep writing

and I' ll keep reading and enjoying.

Mnghm17Mnghm17over 6 years ago
Interesting

Well written, well edited and intriguing. I'll read on and see what happens

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Kojak01

I understand the series is finished. I've read your justification for submitting mini chapters. After reading this far and looking at the comments section may I suggest that you may run the risk of providing opportunities for multiple low scores posted in frustration?

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Not Having Much Luck

Sex but no romance. Short chapter unfortunately. 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In defense of the author's decision to post short chapters: every chapter so far (admittedly only three) has had the appropriate story arc for a chapter. The divisions are logical, and it is therefore perfectly appropriate to post them as they are. If the author weren't posting the chapters in this length, then the appropriate method would be to post the story as a single unit, which would mean a story of (if the current pattern holds) about 10-14 pages -- not too long, but long enough that a lot of people would recognize the internal structure and complain that it wasn't posted in shorter chapters. It is possible that there are larger story arcs that would justify combining two, three, or four chapters, but after only these three chapters, we don't know that, so these complaints are currently inappropriate.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKojak01@Kojak01
Hi everyone, just a small update on me. I'm still around but experience a massive writer's block. Mostly caused by work and life. Things are looking better, though. I feel like I could soon start on finishing one of the stories I've worked on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories