All Comments on 'Finding the One Ch. 08'

by Kojak01

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Thank you

An enjoyable romance, short but sweet.

mammoetmammoetover 6 years ago
great story

It just ended to soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

It was an okay story that was drawn out far too long, why couldn't this chapter be tacked on the previous, seem silly the way you broke it up. Also your editing needs some work and I don't understand why so many writers on here hyphenate words that are not hyphenated. "well-deserved" Two separate words, it's not hyphenated. That is just one example.

CanexoCanexoover 6 years ago

Lovely. Hopefully we will hear more of Marc and Mel. Well done.

Kojak01Kojak01over 6 years agoAuthor
@Anon

I had my reasons for going with short chapters but as I said in the note at the beginning I agree that this chapter was a bit short.

Regarding spelling: according to the Cambridge Dictionary well-earned is clearly hyphenated. The same will probably apply to other "questionable" hyphens.

nreh21nreh21over 6 years ago

Really Enjoyed the story, cant wait for your next offering. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh dear....

....didn't want this one to end.

OK, so it's not perfect and there is scope for criticism, but I thought this was an excellent storyline and I couldn't give a damn about the chapter lengths.

Look forward to your next story.

pip1247pip1247over 6 years ago
Too short

Your a great writer and I feel like this story could have gotten more indept with the characters at this point. Both have good passion, so a fight scene would be better now that they are together and show the struggles between them.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Well said, Kojak. (Not hyphenated)

Common usage seems to be that words are hyphenated when used as compound adjectives and adverbs, but not when used as adjective and noun and adverb and verb.

Thus we may have a well-deserved punch.

Or we may instead say a punch was well deserved.

Ain't pedantry fun?

Lue

LecamLecamover 6 years ago

I really am pulled toward stories that quickly draw the reader in. This story is one of my favorites. It kept my interest all the way and the characters were first class. Sorry it is over, as I looked forward to each chapter. I would like to see the characters continued into another story.

happytechguyhappytechguyover 6 years ago

Great story! I gave each chapter five stars!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Thumbs up👍🏻

Overall an enjoyable and entertaining story that is well written. The only downer is this story was unnecessarily broken up into too many short chapters which became a distraction for this reader.

GironGironover 6 years ago
Mainly good, bordering on great, but

First of all I have to say I really enjoyed this story. The plot is good, most characters are well described and some twist along the road made it entertaining to the reader. But there always is a but.

If these 'errors', in lack of better words, would have been adressed the whole story, and these comments are regarding the whole, would have been even better imo.

I saw the Melissa angle early but really lacked her as a character. I got the first 'coldish' meet and the 'professional' second (and third) one when she waited on him (and his business partners). Then you really introduce her well at the barbecue.

Next she is spilling her heart out on that first evening home from the hospital. She even falls in love with him without knowing him. This could have been adressed much more smooth if you used those two weeks 'better'.

More on that here. I read something about it after Ch.6 too.

You skipped the romance you promised us, together with the short chapter warning ;-), in the prewords. Well most of it. But the relationship revelations, with revealing outfits and promises, was way more rushed than needed. You had two bloody weeks to fill with romance. You had some pieces, the showering, the hair drying aso. But instead you fast almost forwarded it. And in romance fast forwarding isn't a good thing, :-) You could also have shown his care for his family and more to get her go from interested to 'in love'.

Thats the big ones i guess. Now some points on this chapter that I found messed things up some.

I, personally, really didnt like the quick fuck in the hall way (perhaps was that Ch7?). And the *being clear medically' could have been adressed smoother with her vet background and monthly checkup due to it or something. The BJ-'argument' seem way off and the Lovedovey in the end was unnecessary.

But there isnt a perfect story written yet, at least not one I have read, so please continue writing. I will most likely read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Good read.

Thank you for this very most excellent story. I have read all stories posted on this site I must say very awesome stories and writing is very capturing. Must success to you.

auhunter04auhunter04over 6 years ago

well done, very well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice and

I won't use "but". I don't give a darn how long or short the chapters are. That is up to you. You are doing the work. I'm a freeloading reader.

A suggestion I would make is I would have enjoyed the development of more of the side characters a bit more and over a longer period of time. Say those at work. What happened after he got back to the office. What happened in the intervening 4 years. Did she set up a vet practice. How did it get funded. What was his fami9ly's reaction. We knew from the category of romance how it was going to end almost from the beginning. However we would also have enjoyed more of the loose ends tied up.

Thank you

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
Loved it from start to finish

The story was well worth the read. Enjoyed looking into his character but would have liked insight into what drew her so strongly to him; it seemed like love at first sight on her part. So what did she see? Still 5 stars!!! Thank you for your great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Too much of a fairytale

Basically, the story was 90% him going "Nope, this isn't going to work out" and then a time-skip to find out that, eh, guess he was wrong.

The story seemed to be crying out for one of the many obvious problems to come up (different socioeconomic levels, his being a workaholic, her being in school with a preexisting set of friends that might tweak his trust issues), him thinking that this is the end, and it turning out that their relationship is strong enough to work through them.

A fairytale romance with no conflict or drama was a bit disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved it

Couldn't stop reading this story. Thanks for your time and efforts.

LwcbyLwcbyover 4 years ago
Good story

I really enjoyed it gave you either a4 or 5 on all of them except one, my fat finger accidentally gave it a 3, I apologize. Keep on writing, PLEASE...

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Missed

Could have missed out chapter seven,i.e gone straight from six to eight and and saved time as seven was a complete no no.Also why did it take four years before they got married?.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Sweet

Well done.

5 stars.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Why

Why four years,before they decided to get married.Also after his two weeks home care,there is no mention of him returning to work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Missed opportunity to show us how Helen and Sandra react to their relationship. Andrea, Pat, and Diane could also figure into the last four years. So much story was left in the dust. Would love to see more of them being together and four years is so long to wait for a wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Nitpic: They waited four years for the wedding. Nothing was said about when they decided. Is four years a long time? Damn straight. Why wait? The most obvious reason is she wanted to wait until she was through with veterinary school. To be fair, I have the advantage of personal experience. My situation wasn't exactly the same, but it was close enough. No mention of him going back to work? Why bother? It isn't like we didn't know he'd be doing that.

@Mrfriendly8181: How Helen and Sandra reacted isn't in question: they're both thrilled; that much is obvious from everything they said earlier in the story. To "show us" would have been redundant.

Look folks, the author said the characters stopped whispering their story in his ear. As a rule, that means the story is over. The author, recognizing that where the story ended would be unsatisfying for many readers, made an effort to close things out for us. Was it the most skilled or polished denouement? No. Am I going to complain about it? No -- a lot of authors here wouldn't have made the effort, so I'm not going to criticize one who does.

Great story, despite the relatively weak ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKojak01@Kojak01
739 Followers
Hi everyone, just a small update on me. I'm still around but experience a massive writer's block. Mostly caused by work and life. Things are looking better, though. I feel like I could soon start on finishing one of the stories I've worked on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES