Following the Sun Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hush, keep your voice down. I'll talk to you later."

"Want me to go for a walk to allow you two to, er, you know what?"

"No, say here and behave normally. Just cool it Sharon."

The young women walked arm-in-arm to Pete and Sharon announced, "Here he is Nellie, the best fuck on the planet."

Horrified Nellie attempted to pull away but couldn't break Sharon's grip.

"Sharon!"

"It's all right Nellie. Your sister is over-excited and hallucinating."

They waved Sharon off next morning, she making the tearful speech that she'd never forget that week being on the road with Pete.

Nellie and Pete stayed at three more camps in the Portland region, having a good look around and then headed for Seattle.

After leading the conversation for an hour Nellie fell asleep and Pete yawned, aware he must keep alert. It was wonderful having Nellie back and she just adored the RV. Although it was pre-owned it had been brought back to immaculate order by the dealer who'd accepted it back as a trade-in on a new and even more luxurious RV.

The reunion with Nellie had gone exceptionally well, the normally vivacious Sharon fading almost into the background for the first couple of hours. Really she didn't emerge as a personality until they arrived back from dinner in Portland. Sharon had stood facing them and declared aggressively, "Right who's for a threesome?"

Nellie had consumed a martini and two wines so she let loose and said, "Is it just you and me or are joining us Pete?"

He'd leered and said he usually went along with the majority vote.

Pete breathed in deeply, thinking about last night. It had been so intense and yet so gentle. Both girls had massaged him and sucked, occasionally lifting to kiss each other and then in a selfless act Nellie had said, "You first Sharon" and had guided Pete's dick into her. He thought he'd remember that moment for a long time, being loved by two loving sisters.

After he'd got one away Sharon had sat on his face while Nellie had ridden him cowgirl, their first real fuck since they were in New Mexico together. What they'd managed to have at the Stevens's home was rather limpid sex because Nellie had been nervous about making noise and had refused to go out into the RV. Thank god she appeared to be settled again. Perhaps that indicated just how wound up she'd been over resigning from her well-paid position in theater that she'd since told him had a waiting list of nurses seeking premium theater positions like that.

They stayed a week in Seattle. Nellie had been there on a high school visit years ago and thought she'd could give that city a miss but Pete was keen to visit, not having been there before. They spent the first night in a beautifully landscaped RV park but had the feeling they were lined up like plots in a cemetery so headed out next day to a park on the side of Green River, about twenty miles from the CBD. That location was much better but they agreed they preferred wilderness camping. The camp offered bike rentals and they enjoyed cycling everywhere apart the once they went to the CBD they traveled by cab. Pete found that Nellie wasn't too bad to go shopping with and they went to a late afternoon movie and had dinner at a noisy Italian restaurant that had a great atmosphere.

Pete said, "RVers I've socialized since leaving Sacramento are friendly and quite okay but not like the ones we associated with down south."

"Yes but once again that was real wilderness camping and I suspect for some reason that the type of people attracted to the wilderness seems to generate camaraderie."

"Yeah, I think you're right."

From Seattle they went to Missoula via Spokane and Pete was excited about crossing into Montana. This was new territory for both of them and they went through places they'd never heard of before and some of their sparse campsites on public land had them surrounded by breathtaking views and endowed them with the feeling of near-isolation.

"God I was dubious about the twists and turns coming here," Nellie said. "but now we are in heartland Montana I would have kicked myself for missing this."

For the next month their route took them slowly to Billings via Butte and then through Wyoming where they left I-90 to take I-25. Pete who'd grown up on Western paperbacks and Western films was keen to visit Cheyenne.

"That's cool," Nellie said.

She studied routes on the Internet that night and said, "Cowboy after Cheyenne we may as well cross to Laramie and then continue west on I-80 and in to Utah. I'd like to visit Salt Lake City. There are big wilderness areas south and then we can take I-70 and head back east into Colorado taking in Grand Junction. I'd like to go through to Denver and then down to Colorado Springs, but really taking our time."

"Right."

"Oh by the way can you get us there without losing us?"

Pete grinned and said cheeky bitch.

She smiled and said. "Mom said you have no idea of geography. When we were in Texas you emailed them saying we'd be passing through the Denver-Fort Worth area."

"I did not. Denver is 800 hundreds miles or more away from there."

"You probably meant Dallas-Fort Worth area."

"Yeah of course I did. Obviously it was a Freudian slip."

"Why blame him? Take responsibility for your own mistakes."

"Talk to me like that and you could miss out on sex tonight."

Nellie apologized. "Oh please Master, forgive me. You are quite capable of finding your way from A to B if B is within sight of A. I did not mean to question your supremacy."

"You are forgiven. Remove your panties."

"Get fucked," she giggled.

CHAPTER 2

Nellie and Pete were camping out of Salt Lake City when she received a call from the HR department at her former hospital.

She talked for a few minutes and then said, "I'll call you back Sandra in ten minutes with an answer."

Nellie called to Pete who was across at another site having a beer with two guys. "I need you for a couple of minutes Pete."

She heard one of the guys say to Pete his wife probably couldn't work the gas.

"Yeah what is it?"

"Pete something has come up. The hospital has tried two replacements for me, both providing unsatisfactory, and now the third one has made a giant foul-up and is being transferred out of theater."

Pete lost his smile. "So they want you back?"

"Yes urgently."

"For how long?"

"I would think permanently or at least till I train a junior to take over from me."

"How long would it take to train that replacement?"

"Perhaps two years."

Pete looked very unhappy.

Nellie said she could always say no.

"The truth Nellie, what do you really what to do?"

She said haltingly, "It's my calling."

"Okay go. That's you only choice Nellie."

It was a defining moment for them. Pete knew it was the end of the line. "Off you go and get packed. I'll call a cab to be here in half an hour."

"I can be ready sooner."

"Don't forget to call the hospital."

"Oh god yes, thanks for reminding me. This is happening so fast."

Pete accompanied Nellie to the airport. She was very tense and didn't want to be touched, saying that would make her become distressed. "This is the end of us, isn't it?"

"Let's not rush into that assumption. Resettle first and then and then we'll discuss it."

At the airport Nellie remained calm, Pete respecting her wish not to be touched. He wondered how she could work under pressure in theater and yet be emotionally unstable as she was now? Perhaps training and team support cancelled out any weaknesses of team members.

It came time for Nellie to go.

"Goodbye."

He said goodbye and she then clung to him desperately and said, "I'm sorry Pete but my mind is back at the hospital and perhaps it never did leave, even after I quit."

"I know. Nurses are supposed to be dedicated. You are a credit to your profession."

Nellie burst into tears, glanced at him intently while saying thanks for everything. She hurried off, not looking back.

"Well, goodbye Nellie," Pete said mournfully.

* * *

Around 1:00 am that night Pete's phone went. He jumped an inch off the mattress because he'd remained awake, missing Nellie.

"Pete Kurtz."

"Hi, how are you holding up?"

It wasn't Nellie. Who the fuck was it? He then twigged.

"Cathy?"

"Well that took some working out but then you are male."

"Cheeky bitch."

She laughed and said Nellie had arrived home in a bit of a mess emotionally but she was okay now, asleep. "I waited till everyone had gone to bed before calling. I suspect she didn't call you."

"No but that's fine. She's chosen the hospital over me and she knows I know that."

"Life can be such a bitch can't it?"

"Tell me about it Cathy."

"Look what I was really calling about it your new bus or whatever it's called has second two more beds doesn't it?"

"Yes."

"Well I was wondering would you like Neville and I to join you for a few days? We'd like to find out what life on the road is like."

"I'd really like that Cathy. When?"

"Well practically any old time for me. I can bring some of my work with me and delegate someone to do face-to-face interviewing and my PA does half of my work for me anyway. Neville is not so lucky."

"Well I'm heading for Colorado tomorrow and intend going through that state slowly. Have either of you been to Colorado?"

"Neville often went there to ski in his student days but I never have. I know it's a lovely state."

"Well if you guys cannot come till later I plan to swing into Kansas from Colorado and then visit Oklahoma and swing back into New Mexico and finish up near Tucson in Arizona to winter over with some people I met when last in New Mexico week ago with Nellie. We pre-paid for adjoining sites for three months."

"Sounds great. Now you don't mind us imposing?"

"Of course not. It would be a pleasure Cathy. Just make sure it happens."

"That is very charming of you. Good night darling."

"Bye."

Pete slid his phone shut and grinned. Now who was making a Freudian slip? She'd just called him darling.

Cathy called him two days later, mid-afternoon.

"Hi, it's Cathy. Where are you?"

"On the bank of the Crystal River out of Glenwood Springs on a route that takes skiers to world famous Aspen."

"Just a minute, I'll bring it up."

"What you can use a computer?"

"Funny man. Ah, I have it. It looks real tiger country."

"That's true."

"Neville and I can meet you in Denver on Friday. We could come out to your camp by cab."

"Yeah that would be best."

"I have your email address. I'll send flight and arrival times. This is so exciting and it will be wonderful seeing you again."

"Yeah, I think that too. Bye Cathy."

"Goodbye darling."

Only then did Pete remember he'd not asked how was Nellie.

God Cathy would be a great traveling companion. She was very lively with a stronger personality than her daughters who still lacked the depth of interest that maturity through experience brings. But Neville? He sighed and grinned. Dear dull Neville would be okay.

* * *

The tense atmosphere in the family room could be cut with a knife. Sharon had brought in the drinks and handed them to her sister and parents and put the tray down and taken her drink when her father said, "Don't be mad at me Cathy but I'm sorry I can't go to Denver for this fortnight of careering around. My locum I arranged has called in sick and I can't organize and brief another one in time."

Cathy burst into tears and said he was always messing up their vacations by wanting to re-arrange schedules and this time she was not having it. "I'll go alone."

The atmosphere became tense.

"Mom you can't be with Pete alone," Sharon said. "You'll need a chaperone and I can't come because I have a field trip next week that I simply cannot miss."

Nellie, wide-eyed, said, "Mom you and Pete will think about sex. Out in remote areas there's not a lot to do apart from tramping, fishing if you are into that and trail bike riding if hire bikes are available. A bottle and a half of wine between you two and your resistance will be gone."

"Don't be alarmist Nellie. You have made your father turn quite white. I'll simply set the ground rules, one being that he must not take advantage of me."

"Do you think Pete will want to have sex with your mother Sharon?"

"No dad. He has a preference for young pussy."

"Sharon shut up," ordered her mom. "That was gross."

"Sorry mom."

Neville said, "Well I don't know about this. It seems to be placing unnecessary temptation in front of Pete."

Nellie sniffed. "I think it will be okay dad. Mom will be safe unless she goes to his bed. He didn't touch me until I did that."

"Yes that was my experience too dad. Just don't show yourself naked to him and don't get into bed with him mom."

"Thank you girls," Cathy said icily. "Neville I have made all the arrangements and so I'm going. If you don't like it tough."

"Yes dear. Come home if he steps out of line and you may also take my Smith & Wesson."

"Thank you dear but that won't be necessary. As Sharon has said, my age alone will protect me sufficiently."

Cathy stared at them laughing at her comment, perhaps they all had conjured up images of such a situation.

* * *

Cathy was paying the cab driver when Pete entered the camp riding a hire trail bike. He spotted her.

"Hi Cathy, welcome. Let me get that."

"No all done thanks. The ride took only forty minutes."

Pete parked his bike and kissed her and looking around asked, "Where's Neville?"

"He pulled out at the last minute when something urgent came up," Cathy lied, suspecting the truth was Neville had second thoughts about being cooped up in a bus but declined to admit that.

"Er Cathy, you'll be alone in the RV with me."

"Yes of course. I didn't expect you would have other company because you didn't mention that on the phone."

"Um what does your family think of this?"

Cathy continued calmly, "They came up with various scenarios and I told them to shut up and grow up. Christ Pete, in three months I turn forty-nine."

"S-so it's okay with you and okay with your family?"

"Yes Pete. Just feed and entertain me and keep me safe. That's all you have to do. Have you a bike for me?"

"You ride?"

"Of course I do. I took up trail biking when I was fourteen and have never stopped. I also play tennis and go hiking, so I hope you are into those activities too?"

"Yes. This is strange. Your daughters are not very sporty?"

Cathy sniffed and said, "Are we ready to go Pete?"

"Ah yes, let me take these two bags. You take the others. I'll come back for the bike."

Cathy stepped inside and looked round and said, "Very nice." She'd inspected it in Sacramento but had not really paid much attention. The two sofa beds had been made up.

"You have my bed; the door can be shut for privacy."

"No thank you. Sleeping out here will be fine but if you see me nude don't look."

"What?"

Cathy said a little icily, "What is it that you don't understand?"

"You said if I see you nude don't look. Well if I see you nude I've already looked."

Cathy smiled. "Do you think my body is worth looking at then?"

"Um for your age..."

"Christ not you too. Neville passes me a compliment only to add 'for your age' and bang goes that compliment.

"You must excuse me. I am somewhat nervous."

"What of a woman?"

"Um the mother of two young women I know very well, er have known intimately."

"Darling may I suggest there's no need to talk with concern about my family. In fact it might be a good idea not to talk about them. Now where does one get a drink around here?"

"Ma'am, your favorite vodka martini is about to be mixed." The drinks arrived.

"Oh good boy. Hand me that and then show me around in here and how everything works."

When that was done Cathy said she'd take a quick shower.

"We are on supplied water and waste water services here. Take a long shower if you wish."

"Thank you. Do you have something to do or are you going to stand there and watch me undress?"

"Um I'm off to rent you a bike and retrieve mine."

"Good boy."

Pete returned, having lectured himself how to pose as Mr Cool.

He entered to find Cathy facing him. She was in a halter top and high cut short-shorts.

"Jesus."

She snorted, "What's the matter now?"

The would-be Mr Cool stood dumbly.

She smiled knowingly. "I understand. So tell me without adding for my age."

"You have a great figure."

"Don't you think these are too large?" she said pointing vaguely at her breasts.

"God no. I mean no."

"Why thank you young man."

Pete suggested they sit outside under the awning to have a few drinks.

"Why, are you attempting to get me drunk?"

"Oh funny lady. It just that it's cooler out there. It reached 72F today."

She smiled. "Ah your confidence is returning. You looked ready to wet yourself when finding I'd turned up here alone."

Pete grinned and collected the jug of martini mix and three pint bottles of beer.

Cathy said as if deliberately attempting to unnerve him, "Too many drinks and I become sexy."

But Pete had dragged himself into Mr Cool mode. "Oh really Cathy? I thought at your age sex would be only a dim memory."

She grinned without commenting.

Yes, thought Pete. His confidence had returned and no way would this woman be taking control.

"Fetch me a pillow for my back darling."

"Yes Cathy. Let me put down this jug, glass and bottles first." God she had him over a barrel in an instant. He scowled and walked back for a pillow and then had his first sexual thought about Cathy: he pictured himself having her over a barrel.

Jesus, he thought, and almost tried to step through the fly screen in the doorway.

Over the next hour three separate couples stopped and chatted briefly. Cathy said to Pete, "I didn't expect people to be that sociable."

"RVers see themselves as a community, an international community really. Although we come across the occasional surly couple and even outright assholes, the majority are affable. If you'd like them to stay a little longer invite them to have a drink. If you wish to prolong engagement then suggest you all contribute to a shared lunch or dinner. Out at the lakes or in mountain wilderness you can even share joint breakfast. It's how the system works."

"God that's a change from home where some of our neighbors scarcely speak to us."

"Perhaps you have daughters who have their music up too loud and whose friends drive noisy vehicles?"

Cathy looked at Pete thoughtfully.

He topped up her glass and she said, "What is an RV?"

"It's an acronym for a recreational vehicle and because you are riding and camping in one you are known as a RVer, the RV in that being written in capitals. They are sometimes referred to as campervans, which is the word used in other countries, or motor homes but look-alikes in trailer parks are known as mobile homes. These three areas that slide out to extend the floor area when camped are known as sliders. RVs originated from caravans that evolved from covered wagons."

"Ohmigod, this is a whole new culture for me, isn't it. Sharon told me she was bored shitless, um that was the term she used, on her first day on the road with you and then as the life aboard evolved she found herself assimilating. You did have sex with her... it wasn't her making it up?"

"No she was being truthful. We came together for sex, many times," Pete said studying his bottle, missing Cathy's expressions.

"Well she is twenty Pete and Neville and I considered that old enough to determine who she has sex with and when she has it."

"Like acknowledging she's an adult."

"Yes exactly."

After dinner they went bike riding and Pete discovered no matter how hard he clapped on the pace he couldn't shake Cathy riding either beside or behind him and she just powered away from him going down steep slopes on rough ground. He gritted, hating being beaten at anything by a female.