All Comments on 'Frau is a Dirty, Nasty Slut'

by historycup

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good, not perfect

There's no such thing as a perfect piece of writing every time. No author has managed to produce one without the help of an editor since typewriters were invented - and probably back before that.

So don't get me wrong. I thought your story was good. It had sex, human interest, conflict, the plot was well thought out. And all the roles that usually appear in a good story were there ... antagonist, protagonist, and so on.

A story is like a painting. There are little bits that draw attention, each in turn, and there's the whole that you can usually only see when you stand back. None of those is more or less important than any other. Human nature being what it is, if you are looking at a small area in the painting - however tiny it may be - and see a place where the artist's brush slipped or spread the wrong color in the wrong place, you will still see it when you stand back to look at the entire painting. It's that little fault that you will never be able to forget is there.

Your story is a painting, the plot development, the characters and roles... all the colors and patterns are there.

But right in the middle of a tiny part, you slipped. I'm not going to tease you and make you look for it, so here: "I was deffinantly in love with her".

That spelling mistake is the little flaw that will never be forgotten. And it would have been so easy to correct, either by using an editor or spellchecker.

There may be more mistakes; I'm not saying.

And no, I am not a grammar nazi. When you think about that term, it's as wrong as it could be. When is pointing out mistakes in writing being like a Nazi? Never, unless the writer is shot or gassed because of one tiny mistake.

All I hope to do is help you avoid some of the slips and smears that get into writing by letting you know they are most likely going to be there for any writer, and with the best plot and characterizations in the universe, the only difference between a fair writer and a great writer is the attention to detail.

Keep on writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous