All Comments on 'Fugitive'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 164 Comments
labigqlabigqover 12 years ago
not bad

Would have giving you five stars, but you didn't have an ending. Hope this is only part 1. Anyway, I gave u 4 stars for the effort...looking forward to the "2nd" part! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Chapter 2

There's got to be a follow up - you can't leave it there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Read

This was a great short story. Please finish it

ipmwebipmwebover 12 years ago
Next Part?

I would like to read the next part - nice change from the usual cheating wife stories with the added drama.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Nowhere near enough!

Damn! You have me totally engaged!

JusttooldJusttooldover 12 years ago
More

I sure hope this wasn't the end of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Please

Get a good editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I hope that was chapter 1......

Otherwise it will be filed under "Good story with no ending."

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Needs a follow up. Good start.

Keep going.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 12 years ago
Good start

Let's see where you go with this. And don't you dare leave us hanging like some other authors ;-)

RopergirlRopergirlover 12 years ago
PLEASE continue!

Love your writing and this one was no exception BUT....I would really like to see you continue this one. Too much left hanging!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
The start is easy.

If this is the entire story, it disappoints. If it is a chapter, it is too short and it should be so labeled. I am interested, but have no idea if there is more or not. If this is a chapter, it should have been two or three times as long. If it is a story, well, it was brief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Follow up

Continue with a scorch wife policy though steve boy has been eating shit sandwich for a while migh be pleasant to find out how they survived . Like all of your work good start 4 * due to the incomplete nature.

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Puzzling

I really like the premise, it is excellent, however;

This reads like a "preview of coming attractions", not a complete story or even a chapter of one.

Rather than belabor it, I fully agree with HDK's comments.

Thank you

M1

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Meh,

I didn't hate the writing, but there is no closure. And it's awfully brief also.

All in all, I'd say a fragment of a story.

Hope you've got it in you to come up with an ending.

Good luck. M.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 12 years ago
5 stars

Good stuff wineman, look forward to the ex and the asshole lover being incarcerated for conspiracy to commit murder and insurance fraud.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 12 years agoAuthor
I knew it

That story was written 1 year ago. My editor at the time, Grogers7, told me that the story was good but I needed to flesh it out. One week-end, I got in the groove and fleshed it out to twice the lenght and on my final save poof! my memory stick had a problem and I lost the complete document. I was never able to recreate the groove and I sat on it for months, trying to make something more out of it. I was unable.

As for a sequel, I might come with one but I find nothing that could do a good interesting job. The only plausible outcome is that the police finally caught up with him and there is no statutes of limitation on kidnapping. If you have a nice idea about a sequel take the keyboard or PM me.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Interesting piece

I had not realized that the Canadians were into this no fault business.

Basically it does not pay for a man to get married under those conditions! I guess that declaration will get me defined as a misogynist twerp.

The funny thing is that when I first defended the equality of sexes it was so the gals could be engineers and scientists if they wanted to.... but now I would have to defend turning adultery back into a crime, etc. I really do not get it why can't I defend my space? I paid for it!

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Good RRS

1. Good romantic revenge story (RRS), it deserves 5 stars.

2. In JPB's story the husband blackmailed the wife with the video of the planning murder.

3. I think it is very difficult to disappear in the nowdays. You are right a sequal is very difficult. Forsyte's excellent thriller's (The day of the Jackal) method for the ID change does not work at all.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
Too short

For the amount of action going on this tale just seems too short for me. You could have made it more complex story for what was going on. Don't get me wrong, I liked the story and would like to know what happens next.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 12 years ago
Good story so far.

I hope you or someone else comes up with a chapter two. Myabe Stangstar can help you? Or maybe HDK? anyway what you have written is good thank for writing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THERES ALWAYS A FLAW IN THE PUDDING

its terrible when its family. TK U MLJ LV NV

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Good Start...

It explains the husband's side. I am hoping there is a second chapter, from the wife's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very good story

but I only gave it 4* because it was left unfinished. You need to give the wifes side of what was goingl on and how he and the kids did after running again. Let the kids snail mail her about there feelings about how she had treated there dad. Just some type of closer for dad and the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good stuff likegoodwine. Since you've declined a sequel perhaps hawk or hue coulkd take up the baton just for fun. She deserves whatever they'd end up doing to her, the slut. Anyone except you x_John_x.

Well worn plot but you hit it running, and never lost control. I liked the - he came three times - quip. The protagonist may have acted despicably taking the kids away from the mother but we don't really give a fuck, though having to produce the vids was the laziest get out. Still, sharp tight writing, thanks.

Something Bruce22 said struck me about how it's not a percentage winner for men to marry in a no-fault state. Good point, but apart from the obvious angle of that counting for women, I think most of us still marry for lust, sometimes mistaken for love! Karma's a bitch, too. You fuck a girl you've just taken from a guy (however big a jerk he is) and then marry her??

It's a shit happenstance of human nature that rejection hurts and is worse if the rejection comes with betrayal. It'll happen to most of us in a lifetime. It's how we deal with it.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 12 years ago
Re: The last comment.

Who said anything about me writing a second chapter? I suggested Stangstar Or HDK but you are right your two suggestions would be good, I am sure they would write a very good second chapter.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
OK but kind of bland

He finds his wife cheating, collects his assets and runs away with his kids. That's the formula for a lot of LW stories. There is no confrontation whatsoever, no justice visited on the arrogant Steve, and not much on his faithless wife. The rest of the story is about having to come clean with his kids and that's pretty easy because he had the evidence.

Why would he think he couldn't run again? He has fake IDs that the cops are probably not aware of. He has significant assets, Buy a used car with the fake ID, get across the border quickly before they post it. Switch IDs once more to disconnect the car purchase and border crossing, travel a little ways and get another used car, drive a ways and dump the old car in a lake, and then meander across the country. Look how long Whitey Bulger was in hiding (17 years) and he was a most wanted felon. The kids know enough now so as to not give themselves away. No one is going to look very hard for an on the run husband who could be almost anywhere.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
I agree...

that an ending would be appreciated. A high profile northern mobster was caught recently after fifteen years. He and his wife were living in a condo in California. If he had chosen a rural location he would probably not have been caught. A famous newscaster said that he walked by the place everyday and had no clue. Interest in cases like the one in the story wane in time, especially with with the ton of new stuff that happens everyday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
planned murder

Your character seems strange, is got the brains to make money etc but does not have the intelligence to go to the police with a murder plot...

Courts might give no fault divorce but would they really give custody to someone plotting murder?

"I'm thinking that we would be better off if Mark had an accident, you know, like a car accident or a hunting accident. It could be arranged you know. You would have everything, including a good pay-off from the insurance."

would the above look good in a custody dispute....

Simple go the police with your solicitor and get them to place surveillance on them..

At best it would cause difficulty for her in a custody depute, at worst they can be looking at jail time

more then likely she would settle out of court to his advantage

The story itself is very good

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 12 years ago
Excellent

Great story but it begs for a sequel. Please someone add a sequel to this tale.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
GREAT SHORTY!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
RandomHardon

got his creampie :)

OkiedokesOkiedokesover 12 years ago
Well Done

Well written as a very tight story. I made it one of my favorites.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
I gave you credit...

...with 5 * - now you owe me an ending, likegoodwine!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
Very nice

make this a series of close calls and in the end he meets a nice woman and life goes no....great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
insipid drivel

Great idea ruined by pedantic and uninspired writing. Stop pandering to uni-brows and exercise the writing talent you've displayed in other stories. Build more tension, add more depth to the characters, more natural dialogue/less boring narrative. C'mon Man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Timing, even when leaving a place/situation.

DawnzoDawnzoover 12 years ago
I hope this is a continuing saga...

I want to know how it ends:)

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years ago
okay LGW

I agree with th rest of the pack, this is a great opening. give us a great ending. the guy below is right a series of close calls would be great. You' re a great writer, we know you can deliver the goods. all you have to do now is be the mailman.SS06

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
No Ending!

I decided that I wasn't going to read the "Sultan of the Endless story" 's offering today! So I go to read one of my favorite author's stories instead. Guess what? I get a story that doesn't have an ending! C'mon Man!!!

jasonh nailed it when he mentioned in his comment that there was no confrontation scene. These stories just come up short when the cheaters are not held to account.

In any event, thanks for sharing the story. If this one is ended, then I guess so be it. I will read your next one.

I am still not going to read the 'Sultan of the Endless story" 's offering for today.

MissouriUSA

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago
You TEASE!

LOL-that was cruel to tease with a story like that!

Fine story-you can bring back the ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Short as it is, it is still a great little snippet of a story...

not a full story --- despite the brief recount of what happned 8 years in the past --- but it is better than 98% of the junk here these days. <p>

of course, I wish it were longer.... but that could have ruined it, too. So, it's short and bittersweet... more sweet than bitter... so I'm totally for it. <p>

what helps the snippet is the humor in it; short as it is, it has a tinge of dark humor in it; the REVENGE was so raw and simple but also so CLEVER --- on both the first escape from the law and wife as well as the second, done BY THE KIDS --- it's very satisfying....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hey - short by sweet!

Liked it - but would like to see them get away with it and the slut ex-wife have a fatal accident on the way. Stupid bitch!

WILLACWILLACover 12 years ago
Hope

there's more...........and some from HPV after he left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
how clueless

You that leave coments about the evidance aparently dont have a clue on how the real world works. This is most likely thee most accurate story I have read in a long time. the evidence I had on my ex wife was almost the same and the courts still gave her half of everything and my kids, wich I only get to see for 2 weeks in the summer. If i had this guys money and resorces i would have done the same thing he had.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hope there is more to come

Great story hope for many chapters to follow.

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 12 years ago
well done

Great story it begs for more chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
dont have a clue

Yes we do live in the real world.. let’s try other real world out comes..

Bitch arranged to have her husband killed had her lover stab him repeatedly.. she now in jail for attempted murder..

Real world second example man fled to Mexico with his kids, he told his kids wife died in a plane accident (sounds like this story) he changed his name and his kids moved back to California where he lived for decades.. Until he was caught because of his kids found out she was still alive has now serving jail time with buba and the kids will not speak to him..(Great win).

Case three the Jacqueline pascarl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Pascarl

she divorced she got the kids, he snuck them back Malaysia were his a prince the stayed there until the kids contacted the mother in this case it went in his favour ie he was a prince in Malaysia

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
Interesting...

His approach to solving his problem was a good one for both himself and his kids, but illegal. Had he told them the truth before they discovered part of the truth the story might have been quite different. The stuff of perhaps another story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good story. Definately better than most.

Lookign forward to more chapters.

SteinermanSteinermanover 12 years ago
Great start

Loved it! More, please.

likeboblikebobover 12 years ago

i agree, a good start but too short and unfinished.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Basically an excellent story.

I would have rated it 5 stars if it was longer and wasn't incomplete. Instead I rated it 3***.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hoping there will be a chapter 2

A novel story. The way it was left, I'm hoping to see where they end up even if only after another sic months have passed.

Stii_AnonymousStii_Anonymousover 12 years ago
"To whom that pussy belongs?" Huh????

I find it really hard to believe all the comments about how good this story was. It is inconceivable that the wife was screwing her ex BF the entire time with the in-laws knowledge and consent and hubby had no clue. This story was chocked full of bits and pieces of over used lines from other stories. The outline could have been a good one if it had original writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
"You keep using that word.

I do not think it means what you think it means."

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A lot of stories are far-fetched

and strain the bounds of credulity; that isn't the problem with this one though. LGW had a good idea for a story, maybe it sat around for a year, then got submitted without the requisite work to make it really good.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
The rest?

Where's the rest of the story?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A nice believable story

Well written and edited, with good solid characters.

Thanks for the read

DavidYoungDavidYoungover 12 years ago
Right

Very Good and more please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
liked it

Got the kids on his side - home free; but the murder plot would have saved him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Finish the story

please ... as long as it does not end up as a Cuck/Wimp tale!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

That's it? Story has absolutely no closure. Write an ending at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Finish

I wonder if you will ever finish a story?

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
ARCHAIC DIVORCE LAWS

turns stability into runners. TK U MLJ LV NV

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
What is the author supposed to do; continue the tale until his death?

There are many ways to end a story, and this is one. It ends at the start of another part of his life.

This is almost the ultimate LW male running away rather than dealing directly with a problem. Sad.

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Disappointing Story - 5 stars for the writing

No finish. The bad guys won this one

ValerionValerionalmost 12 years ago
Sequel?

I wouldn't mind a sequel for this. Fun story though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Liked this story.

It needs to follow through to a completion of some sort.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 12 years ago
people, people, people

It has an ending

You all act like you want someone to do all the work for you by writing in down

You want a sequel or ending write it yourself

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
For the author and auhunter04

Yes indeed, I can come up with an ending. Several in fact. That is not the point. You would not eat a half cooked steak. No one drives a car with only two wheels. Half a candy bar stays on the shelf. If you publish a book with an open ending but never come out with a sequel or series then word gets out an you're never published again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great

I have thought of this option myself. Except, I was planning on a trip to a country without extradition.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great Tale

The question is, What is the outcome?

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Change the law

It is time to change the law that automatically gives the custody of the children to the mother. In the case of adultery, the offending spouse should lose all rights to contact with the children. Any contact should be at the will of the other spouse.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
Canadian Law

Having gone through this but in reverse (she took my son away from me). In this story, the court has not made a ruling before he left. Therefore, he is not kidnapping his own children. Until he is in court and there is a court order, nothing will be done about it. And even if he had been to court there was a case of a woman from Toronto who vanished with her kids to B.C. for over ten years and nothing was done when she was found. The law is not equal by any stretch of the imagination but they still will do nothing until they give you a summons. Ignore the summons and be found in contempt of court and a bench warrant for your arrest and thirty days in jail. A far cry from kidnapping though. I gave this a ***** for originality.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

This has such a rich storyline. Too bad it was not more fully developed. Well done.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Nice - short but noice

And open ended - you could work more out of it later - Nice work -

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sweet

Short and oh so sweet. Usually less-talented writers try to pad their stories and stretch them out for 8-10 pages or several installments. In this case, a talented writer pulls the plug too soon. There is enough meat in the plot to allow for at least a Part Two (her relationship with the asshole, the cross-country chase, the kids, maybe a love interest, a final showdown, etc...). How about it, LGW?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
good start

Where's the rest.

DearfieldDearfieldabout 10 years ago
part 2

This story could use part #2.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
where is part 2 ?

This is good enough to deserve a part 2

Little things like how is she supporting herself and the boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good start

But really needs a second chapter and more info on what happened to the wife.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Agree Part 2 Needed

But NOT to tell how cheating wife has been doing, don't care, she should only rot in hell!

But I'd like to see how he and kids make out, maybe they can leak his evidence to at least get the authorities off his back.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I FOUND YOU====I GOT YOU----THIS TIME

Not Quite but ALMOST....tk u mlj lv nv

IndyOnIndyOnabout 9 years ago
FINISH THE DAMN STORY!

Your stories are good but only seem to be one page long? Take another day, week or month but please finish the story...we need to know of the wife's misery....what happened to "Steve" and how the family got revenge on the wayward mom!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I agree with everyone else

Where's the second part? You can't leave it here!

sameer73sameer73almost 9 years ago
finish the story

A very nice story but you need to finish it

Dubby49Dubby49over 8 years ago
What law has been broken

A father disappearing with his kids is no crime unless there is a court order for him not to do so. No police force would waste time and resources tracking the father down. The US immigration authorities may deport him as an undocumented (the new PC term for illegal) immigrant but the RCMP wouldn't be interested.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

heydog52heydog52about 8 years ago
FINISH THE DAMN STORY

You heard me. Finish the damn story. Other than NOT FINISHING, it was a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Desperately

Needs an ending. Please!

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Nice story about a man with no options raising a couple good kids.

@Dubby

You are right up to a point.

Yes a parent can leave with a child BUT

The other parent can file for emergency hearing to get a court order to make the other parent return the child.

Remember, he never left any proof of anything, he just took all the money, the kids, and ran.

She could EASILY get the emergency order to return. At which point, then the police would be able to get involved.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
My take

There are so many stories on Lit that are unfinished it cause one to wonder why. My guess is the authors of these unfinished stories start out with a pretty good idea about the plot and start writing. They then hit a wall because they never thought the story through to end, and are just flat out clueless about how to smoothly end the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Surprisingly satisfying

I usually favour BTB, vengeance and payback themes and I always seek some sort of closure at the end of the stories. However, this one here ended perfectly for me. He has the love, loyalty and custody (not in legal terms but in reality) of his children, he has the money and he has his health and abilities. He has already burnt the bi*** and is still ahead of her. The hope and possibilities in the last passage is way more satisfactory than any other endings one can easily find in LW section stories. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Yet another 'writer' on this site who can't finish stories. 1* Also needs to fin another editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This has the makings of a really good story. Unfortunately, a story, by definition, needs an ending. Something this little tale lacks. It should never have even been posted. It’s incomplete. 1 star. D

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
OK Good start

Now finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
and then?

more...!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too good...

...to stop here!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous