All Comments on 'Funny You Should Ask'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 222 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure why so many people were surprised by the "twist" ending. Between the category and the tags, it was pretty obvious pretty early in the story where it was going. Still, it could have been a decent story if the "author" had actually finished writing it.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Best writer ... every story 5* so far

FoldingFoldingover 1 year ago

Thought provoking story. This has 2 sequels, dependent upon the actions of the husband. He has a choice here and very short window in which to make it. A few seconds at most. Will his wife be Carla or Bella?

If this is to be a simple BTB ending then confront her. Demand that she live up to her "Obligations." Whine about his hurt and his expectations. This will ensure she returns to Jack. She'll be Carla.

If he wants her he needs to keep quiet about his friend's misfortune, seduce and woo his wife. He did it at least once...do it better the second time. Hard to accept but he's been given quite a gift, a window into his wife's emotions. It sounds like Jack introduced her to new physical feelings. Shame on the husband. He needs to meet and hopefully exceed the bar his friend has set. Then, if he's successful either gently wonder if it isn't time for her to replace the necklace...or buy a better one and ask if he's earned the right to replace it. She'll understand that he knows and has decided he can't live without her.

Oh. If Carla / Bella doesn't know what a Clannad ring is she's the only one who doesn't. Her friends, associates will see it and know it's from her lover. Know that it symbolizes ownership. Some will ask if it's from her husband and react when she admits that it's not.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Creative plot. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative. Makes you wonder what people who go undercover must deal with temptation. Would love to see a sequel. But it is clear he needs to confront her. Not saying reconciliation is not possible. Heck maybe even probable depending on thr husband. He has inside knowledge into what she has been thinking and can work to address things that led her astray. This wa clearly a complex set of factors. She needs therapy snd they need counseling. Even then maybe marriage doesn't survive. But NOT confronting just makes it so much worse especially if kids enter the picture. Still would be interesting to read a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, I think many of your readers saw that coming way before it arrived. Still, well written.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Is it Hank or Frank?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

1 star for leaving it like that.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine9 months ago

Is Frank the same as Hank? Good story. Needs a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Somebody needs to write a sequel that shameless woman needs to pay for her actions.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

would be great if your stories had endings that revealed more of what happens with the characters....they are great up until the endings you use which leave too much curiousity as to what really happened and what the cheaters feel and experience

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

that was twisted and very good at the same time .

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Great storyline, great flow, definitely needs a second chapter... thank you.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson5 months ago

Didn't see that coming until near the end. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Shit happens. Let it go as people acting as

people do. Doesn’t have to be the end of the

world nor the end of the marriage.

John Updike put it quite well “you can't trust anyone

not to fuck, that’s what people do.” There was no malice

or promiscuity in what she did and her having a one night

stand would not have hurt her husband had he not met his

old friend.

No one would wear a gift from a lover back home. This was

an unrealistic twist.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. But to all those who think the husband should just let it pass: Why do you think this was the first time? This has been her job for some time. Sure she is burned out. But what if this has occurred before? Also regardless of the one night stand, she had an emotional affair as well. That is if anything more devastating. She developed real feelings for Jack in a short time, while still going back to her husband. That is an affair. Maybe they make it. We don't know enough of what each is thinking. Author left it intentionally open. Good twist but not enough aftermath to know what will happen. As the reader we can each draw our own conclusions. For me personally, if it is one time sex that is tough but forgivable. She is undercover in a stressful situation. But the emotional part and her wearing the Celtic knot openly to remember Jack and their time together, that is a big problem. Not sure how counseling will readily fix trust issues and her lies by omission. He rjob is obviously bad for her and their marriage. Dunno.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. The only thing that could have made it better is if the wife also knew she was caught up like everyone else including the readers. The last line should have been: "Funny you should ask, Carla."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

I haven't re-read this yet, was going through the comments, was surprised to see an older comment by me endorsing at least the possibility of RAAC, as I don't believe in RAACs, which by their very nature are undeserved.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How asinine.

Not very good investigators if they didn't manage to catch that the field agents husband was a college buddy of one of the suspects.

The MC had no place on the trading floor, he was definitely prey rather than predictor and behaved like no other such trader, ever.

The internal systems should have been able to check on trades etc., and it would have been obvious, no need for an investigator to go undercover like that if it were an internal investigation. However, the company themselves wouldn't gaf if it wasn't blatantly obvious, definitely wouldn't bring in the law and cause damage to their own reputation when a good talking too and letting go would work so much better.

It's the SEC and other regulators that would care, but they'd go in mob handed, take files and use forensic analysis to work it out.

Really, stupid and unlikely story... and I'm at a real loss to understand how she got into a position to actually know which one of them was guilty. Seems like it was all just a ploy designed to construct a scenario where a college buddy ends up unknowingly banging his mates wife.

Oh, and they were such good buddies that he hadn't even been invited to the wedding, had never even met the wife, even though they lived within easy driving dustance. Not even close enough of a friendship for the friend to whip out his phone/a photo to show his 'mate' his wife. Really? What sort of clown would then crybaby his secrets to such a distant acquaintance??? Maybe that's why he's so unlucky in love, because he's a complete loser.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just read some of the comments, so funny.

She came back and from the words of her lover, it was all over. She chose her husband. So fragile male ego could get all twisted on 'oh no, my possession has sullied itself', or he could grow a pair and be a man and understand that she chose him. In life that's really all that matters.

Sadly little boys and their toys mentality rarely grow out of the dynamic of caring about superficial irrelevancies and can never see the wood for the trees.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 days ago

Oh sh*t, that's gotta suck. Good story though and a nice twist at the end. Four stars and thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous