Gamers Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

- "I don't know ..." I wasn't sure. "The mechanics were set for six, maximum."

- "Actually," said Jazz, "this is the first time we've seen 3 on 3. In our other games, the alliances were more ... temporary. Shifting."

- "Like that time Angie and Trisha helped you bring me down, and then you back-stabbed them?" asked Cyn.

- "Yeah. Like that." said Jazz. "And Vee finished clear second, working all by herself."

We had time for a game of Mobsters, too. Cyn tried to repeat her strategy, but this time I was playing, so there were seven mobs. I was hoping to ally with Jazz, but she made another deal with Lucy, and they lured Gerry into their orbit. With Max and Cyn already thick as thieves, that left Les and I on the outside.

We didn't even have to talk to cement our own deal. He gave me a very slow nod, which I returned. Ever have one of those nights at the poker table wheneverythingworks? Cyn and Max made threatening moves, but I read their body language and decided that they were bluffing. Jazz made me an offer, trying to tempt me to join her, Lucy and Gerry, but she couldn't fool me. There aren't enough spoils, or enough loot, in this game to split four ways. And the last person invited into an alliance is usually the first person targeted when the alliance breaks up.

Les kept drawing defensive cards, while I got nothing but offensive ones. It was a simple matter to trade our duplicates to each other, until we both had solid, well-balanced hands.

It was fun to watch our friends connecting, and working together ... all the while knowing that at the moment of truth we would shut them down. And we did. Les and I shared a complete victory. It was all the more satisfying because none of our opponents saw it coming.

- "Max and Gerry should have known what we were up to." said Les, as we started the post-mortem. "I think they were distracted."

- "By us?" asked Jazz. "Are you suggesting that girls are a distraction?"

- "Only when they are as are attractive as ... our present company." said Les. "Or when the males are as susceptible as Gerry and Max."

- "Susceptible?" said Gerry. "I'll giveyoususceptible. As soon as I figure out what that means."

I backed away from the table, spreading my hands to disassociate myself from Les and his comments.

- "That's right, Dean." said Jazz. "You just keep back-pedaling. As for you, Les - are you suggesting thatyouarenotsusceptible to feminine ... charms?"

- "I calls 'em as I sees 'em." he answered.

- "That sounds like a challenge." she said.

- "But not tonight." said Max. "We have so many other things to discuss."

Everybody seemed to have a good time. All too soon, it was time for the girls to go.

- "Lunch tomorrow?" asked Jazz.

- "Sounds great." I said.

- "Afterwards, maybe you and I can go back to my place, and see just howsusceptibleyou are to feminine charms ..."

When the girls were gone, Max slapped me on the back, hard.

- "Dean, I forgive you. Consider us even." he said

- "Does that mean I don't have to play Aquaman anymore?" I asked.

- "No. You're still fucked. Twice more."

- "But we are very pleased with the new additions to our gaming circle." added Gerry.

Soon after that, Gerry and Max called it a night. Les was deliberately lingering. We had done this dozens of times before; it meant that he had something on his mind, something that he wanted to discuss privately.

I made fresh coffee, poured us each a shot of 12 year-old scotch, and waited for him to come out with it.

- "She's fantastic." he said, finally.

- "Jazz?"

- "Beautiful, intelligent, fascinating ..."

- "I agree."

- "Don't fuck this up, Dean. I mean it. She's one in a million." said Les.

- "I'll try."

- "On a different note ... I wanted to run this by you before I do anything." he said. Les looked serious. But then, healwayslooked serious.

- "Fire away."

- "My parents are loosening the restrictions on Kasia - just a little. And I can't treat her as a pariah forever. So I'm thinking of hosting the next game. And I'll invite the girls. Her friends. Or former friends."

- "You don't need my permission." I told him.

- "No, but I wanted to warn you."

- "I appreciate it, Les. But it isn't about me. It's about you and your sister. How is she?"

- "Remorseful, I think. She finally realized just how bad she ... messed up. I want to see if she can salvage her friendships. So, if I host a game, and you all come over, Kasia can face you, and try to make peace, or she can go out."

- "Your parents let her go out now?" I asked.

- "She can go over to our cousins' place. That's about it."

We were silent for a while.

- "So ... you're OK with that?" asked Les.

- "Yeah. I think so." I said.

- "Good." said Les. "So - tell me about Lucy ..."

**********************************