All Comments on 'Games SOME People Play! Ch. 15'

by EllenMelville

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleover 6 years agoAuthor
I recognize some of buddies....

like mtalworker and bsracer back to support my work. Overall, this series definitely seems to be getting an increasingly tepid reception. Each chapter is not hard-driving erotica because as I wrote, as always happens, the story became to take on more dimensions and the characters had their own ideas. To me, that makes the erotic passages more interesting, not less. But those who come to Literotica for more conentrated erotica, and that is totally natural, may find what I write diluted...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Does the Literotica system match ratings with pen names? And for that matter can particular anonymouses be tracked through a series?

I ask, because I don't think that the quality of your writing has diminished with increasing chapters. While not able to put a finger onto why, I thought this chapter 'better' than the previous couple.

It would, however, be interesting to know whether declining ratings signify repeat readers becoming bored or new readers scoring lower because they don’t know the history behind the characters. Without that history it can be difficult to identify with the participants. Knowing whether some revelation is “typical Stephanie” or “didn’t expect that from Susan” really adds to my enjoyment.

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleover 6 years agoAuthor
A real first-rate mind, called "Anonymous,"

has commented on Chapter 15 and my uncertainty about reader responses.

Can't wish for more than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Is there a problem Ellen?

Write for yourself and if others like it enjoy the fact that you got to share your work with those that appreciate it. If they don't, don't sweat it you didn't write it for anyone but yourself anyway.

So why do you keep worrying about ratings? If it was good enough for you to publish it once, then take it down, then republish it without changing so much as a single comma, and republish it here again hoping to introduce it to a new audience - why be shocked or concerned when the reactions aren't what you want or expected?

You're sounding like someone who posted a cat video on FaceBook and only got two likes. So then you take it down. Wait a few days. And repost it. Again only getting two likes but from two different people. And being disappointed that it didn't get four likes. Who cares? If you believe in it, if you enjoy it, if you like it, post it, FOR YOU, not for them. You'll never please all of us. And instead of high ratings (or likes) hope for constructive criticism that help you create deeper, richer characters, that help you think about both erotica and personal conflict of the characters, its impact on the characters, and it's resolution. Things that will help you be a better author and move you forward with whatever will become your next work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEllenMelville@EllenMelville
Naked Town, Naked Lives: In A Fashionable Long-Island Resort Any Lust at Any Price" ($3.99 on Kindle) Games Some People Play: Like When You're Tied-Up Bare-Ass." ($5.99) "The Slave Girl in "Spartacus' or Can A Classy Bitch Get Laid: Sixteen Erotic Stories" ($2.99) I write...