Gold Digger Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Those were the questions he never asked, of course, and at the time everything seemed perfect and, as things became more serious, Jeff brought Diane to meet his partners and she was charming as well as beautiful. As might be expected, the partners were impressed, with Chris jokingly asking afterwards, "What or earth can a woman who looks like that see in you? She must be after your money!" Everyone laughed but, in private conversations after Jeff left, that point was made more seriously.

Norm spoke first, commenting, "She certainly is beautiful and has a sexy figure and she seems very friendly and nice. Jeff is head over heels in love with her, but it is all really fast. You were kidding, Chris, but I think that you may be right. Frankly, she doesn't seem to be the type that Jeff would appeal to. He's a wonderful person, but he's quiet, not flashy and flashy is what I would expect to appeal to her."

Jan spoke up, agreeing with Norm. "I agree that she seems really nice and friendly and she obviously dotes on Jeff, but somehow I get the feeling that something is not quite right. Almost as if she is acting - a bit overdone."

Rob laughed at her, saying, "Come on, Jan, you're just jealous! You just didn't like the way she was fawning over Jeff."

"I am not jealous...ok, I'm jealous, but that doesn't change things. I hope I'm wrong, but I still felt that she was acting a part to win us over".

Finally Chris chimed in supporting Jan's view. I was kidding in part about being after his money, but only in part. I talked to a guy in the place where she works and it appears that she is mostly eye-candy. He had nothing really negative to say except that she is very ambitious. She got her current job by playing up to the bosses, but you can't really blame her for that."

"You're right, I guess, but I just don't like manipulative women who exploit their femininity to get ahead. Maybe as a woman myself I can picture her doing that and I don't like it. Anyway, Jeff is our friend and partner and I wouldn't like seeing him conned! However, I do know that any woman who is meeting a guy's friends for the first time is likely to go overboard to impress them, so I'll try to reserve judgment."

The conversation went on for some time with, of course, no consensus about Diane's real goals and intentions. They undoubtedly would have been interested in knowing that the same concerns and doubts were being discussed at almost the same time between Jeff's father and his brother Don. As lawyers, their main topic was the financial aspects if the romance went further. As his father said, "I'm always a bit suspicious about a whirlwind romance when there is a lot of money involved. She is very likable, though, and says all the right things, but I wish that Jeff would slow down and we all could get to know her better before they take the next step. One of the drawbacks of being a lawyer is that you become cynical and suspicious about peoples motives."

"Yeah! Particularly when a beautiful young woman with little money suddenly appears and captivates a rich young man!"

"Exactly! I'm going to take her at face value and welcome her as a prospective daughter-in-law, but I'm going to do my due diligence and take precautions."

There was no slowing down and two weeks later, Diane's finger sported a large diamond engagement ring and a wedding was scheduled. Any doubts were put aside, at least in public, and Diane was welcomed into the family at home and the partnership at work. However, doing that due diligence in the weeks leading up to the wedding, Jeff's father casually commented, "Oh, by the way, I have a prenuptial agreement prepared for you to sign. We want to get that out of the way."

There was a flash of a grimace on Diane's face which cleared rapidly as Jeff immediately insisted, "Oh, I don't need one of those!"

His father laughed, saying, "You've got the wrong idea, son. You don't need a prenup agreement, but Diane does. It's a fact of life that people gossip and speculate. When a man or woman who is of ordinary means marries someone who is wealthy, inevitably the assumption is made that he or she is marrying him or her for their money. The woman often is referred to, insultingly, as a gold digger and I assume that there are equally derogatory terms for men. However, as soon as it is known that a prenuptial agreement has been signed, that issue is cleared up and the gossip ends. I'm sure that Diane would be relieved to get that stigma removed, wouldn't you, dear?"

Diane's mouth smiled, but a close inspection would have picked up that her eyes divulged a completely different message. "Oh, that would work perfectly! I'm sure that there is a lot of jealousy out there because of Jeff's success. I think that prenup would remove any thought that it's only his money that appeals to me - although I'll admit that being the wife of a rich man does have its appeal! I'm proud of him and I'll be able to brag about my husband while spending large amounts of money!" This last was spoken humorously while clinging adoringly on his arm, demonstrating her sincere acceptance of her future father-in-law's suggestion.

"Yes, we're all proud of him. I'm still embarrassed when I think of the times I tried to get him to go into the law where the money was and quit playing with his computer and doodling around with games, programing and such. Now, it's 'my son the millionaire!'

Later, when alone, Diane reluctantly admitted to Jeff that, while she recognized that his father was right and that the prenuptial agreement shielded her from the gold digger gossip, but it still carried an element of doubt about her feelings for him. As she insisted, it wasn't a big deal but it did bother her a bit. Jeff, of course, reassured her immediately and promised that after their newlywed period was past and they were an established married couple, they would quietly cancel that agreement and blend their resources.

That potentially controversial topic settled, the way was cleared and wedding plans were completed. A month later the big event occurred followed by an excellent honeymoon in France. However, the night before the flight to Paris, they stayed in a luxurious suite in a Miami hotel where Diane's semi-virginal status was irrevocably changed. The bride was beautiful, wearing a sheer white peignoir and nightgown that both revealed and hid the charms beneath. Later, she presented a delectable and desirable picture as she, once again, lay naked on the bed. With her marital status confirmed and her oath to God fulfilled, there was no obstacle to her first sexual intercourse.

As Jeff approached her, his cock was, as would be assumed, rigid and prepared for her first real penetration - other than that admitted indiscretion at the fraternity house years ago. Following a considerable amount of erotic and loving foreplay, Jeff finally mounted his lovely bride and his cock slide with ease into Diane's aroused and well lubricated cunt. There was no slow, inch-by-inch insertion as might have been expected for a nearly virginal vagina, no gasp of pain as the walls were stretched for the first time since that brief fraternity experience.

A less besotted and love-struck groom in a similar situation might well have questioned his bride's veracity about her past, but such suspicions never crossed Jeff's mind. If he had speculated about the ease of entry, which he hadn't, he undoubtedly would have assumed that she was so aroused by him and the situation that the normal barriers to penetration were overcome.

Now, it may seem that Jeff was unbelievably naïve and that the signs of her mendacity were too obvious to miss. However, it should be pointed out that throughout human history the ability of otherwise competent and observant men to miss the most obvious evidence of the deceptions and deceitfulness of their wives or lovers is unlimited. Think of Samson and Delilah. Think of the role of Mata Hari and other women spies who successfully seduced men who by nature were suspicious of everyone. In the modern world, reflect on the number of men blindsided by inconvertible evidence that their supposedly loving wives were unfaithful. More pertinent here, think of the number of rich men who deeply regretted that their lawyers hadn't insisted on a prenuptial agreement as their assets disappear in a divorce court!

So, while Jeff certainly was naïve and unobservant, you need to cut him some slack, for seductive women throughout history have trapped far more experienced men in the webs they weave. In his case, he was fortunate that his lawyers, his father and brother, had his back and had protected him with that shield of a prenup. Jeff was young, not naturally cynical, and, despite his wealth, didn't really see himself as a rich man who had to protect himself from charlatans - or gold diggers!

In any case, despite Diane's prevarications and her true intentions, the first year of married life for Jeff was idyllic. She may not have been, actually wasn't, in love with him as he was with her, but she enjoyed sex. Consequently, their honeymoon in France was everything he could want. Being a conniving, greedy woman doesn't mean that she couldn't enjoy being a tourist, particularly since money wasn't an issue. Jeff treated her like a queen and she found his company quite pleasant.

For Jeff, things were perfect: a lot of sex, fascinating sights and experiences, the company of his beautiful new bride - a prescription for happiness. On returning home to Florida normal married life followed the same pattern. She greeted him with a smile and a kiss when they met. She listened to his day's events, agreed with his views and, in general, was the perfect wife. Equally, or perhaps, more important, she was always open for sex and responded eagerly to his endeavors. It was a good and harmonious relationship.

It was the same thing when it came to money. The first significant thing they bought was a new house - his small condo was hardly suited for married life. He let her make the choice and, while it certainly wasn't what he would have chosen - a typical Florida mini-mansion - he accepted it. Set in a sweeping, manicured lawn and a circular driveway, it had the inevitable pretentious entrance opening into a vast, equally pretentious hotel-sized atrium with a twenty-foot ceiling containing a curved staircase that one could picture Scarlet O'Hara floating down in her balloon-type hoop skirt. Diane loved it and its fourteen rooms and six baths! It was ostentatious and Jeff was a bit embarrassed by it when showing to his partners, but it wasn't really important to him. (As Jan privately commented, sarcastically, to Don, "Not bad for a starter home! I can't wait for when she thinks that they need more room and they get a bigger place!")

Jeff also wasn't particularly concerned with the expenditure of money. Diane jokingly had commented that being the wife of a rich man did have its appeal! As she said, "I'm proud of him and I'll be able to brag about my husband while spending large amounts of money!" Actually, Diane was reasonably frugal - well, for the wife of a millionaire, anyway. However, the total she spent per month was considerable, particularly when she was furnishing the house. She retained her own credit card, several local store cards and a bank account from before they were married - the only change being replacing her birth name, Fourey, with her married name, Anderson.

They planned to get joint accounts eventually, but she didn't push the idea for she was happy with the current arrangement. All the bills came to her and she simply turned them over to Jeff's financial manager who paid them without comment. In addition, when she told him that her bank account was low, he, following Jeff's instructions, sent a deposit to fatten it up. By the end of their first year of marriage, that account was over $100,000.00 and growing rapidly! There was no checking up because Jeff trusted her! This was better than joint accounts which would show real totals!

With the house furnished, her largest expenditure was on clothes and shoes. She had an immense walk-in closet and seemed determined to fill it. When they moved in, she hung her clothes in one end, hardly noticeable in the space available. Shopping in the up-scale stores, new clothes were placed next to the old ones and the closet was gradually filled. When married, she had around ten pair of shoes, a collection the soon reached twenty-five. These expenditures were not completely out of line with other women in what was now her financial status, and she loved it. She would look in her closet and compare the relatively small amount of clothes she had come in with and what she now had and gloated over the difference. She was very happy!

However, she was still vexed by that prenuptial agreement that limited her potential position. She tried to delicately bring up the idea of canceling that agreement, but she certainly didn't want to appear eager. In any case, she wasn't as predatory as perhaps it sounds. She had arranged a comfortable marriage with Jeff and had no thought of changing that. She was financially and socially set with a compliant husband that left her free to live as she wished. No job, no bosses to play up to "earn" promotions or raises - just playing the role of a devoted, loving wife!

But, she was playing a role! Jeff was a means to an end, the supporting actor in her life! She was completely self-centered and a realist and she recognized that she might get tired of that role or her acquiescent husband might change when tempted by a new, younger version of herself. She wanted that prenup removed as a protection against any future marital disruption. In the meantime she would play the role while indulging in the opportunities presented.

For Jeff, life was perfect. He loved his wife, loved his work - he didn't even see it as work - and loved his partners as very dear friends! Despite their early questioning of Diane and her motives, they had come to accept that their initial reservations had been proved wrong and, while their contact with her was limited, she had made Jeff happy. One day after a meeting on some legal issues in Jan's office, Don stayed behind to talk. "Jan, may I ask you a personal question?"

Jan looked at him quizzically. "Sure you may, Don, but I may not answer!"

"Good enough. Why didn't you and Jeff get together? I assumed, as I think the others did, that you two were perfect for each other and I was certain that you would end up as my sister-in-law. What happened?"

She looked at him intensely for thirty seconds or more, contemplating whether to answer. Her expression had morphed from curiosity to sadness. Finally, she replied, "That really is a personal question, but, since it's you and I know that you truly care, I'll answer it. Jeff and I hit it off as freshmen and by the time we were seniors, our friendship was a very loving one. But, it was a friendship, nothing more intimate. However, one night after a party we were on the verge of taking the next step. The problem was that we were young and inexperienced and both of us tended to be guided by logic, not emotions. We were at the brink and we both pulled away, fearful that our deep and loving friendship would be hurt if things didn't work out, physically and emotionally.

"I believe that we both expected things to work out between us and, by the time we had our masters and the future looked really bright, we were moving toward being together - I certainly was and I'm sure that Jeff was too. I think that we both came close to breeching the self-imposed wall between us, but we never did, although it was close. I assumed that it was a matter of time. I'm kicking myself for waiting for him to make the move which he came close to doing. We had a sort of date scheduled for my birthday and if he didn't finally get up the nerve, damn it, I was going to do it. Then, Diane swooped in and swept Jeff off of his feet. Look, I have no false modesty. I'm quite pretty and my figure attracts looks, but I'm not a glamorous showgirl and Diane is! I swear that she hypnotized him with her looks, her figure and her vitality! How could I fight that?

"I thought that she was a conniving bitch who was after his money. He was a ripe target with his money and all of the publicity there was about our firm's success. I honestly thought that he would come to his senses and see her for what she was. Then, she voluntarily signed that prenuptial agreement, giving up her claim to his money or his stake in our partnership. They were married, and as far as I can tell, she has been a perfect, undemanding wife for him. Every time I see him he seems very happy and satisfied.

"So, to be honest, I love him and wish that I actually could be your sister-in-law, but I care too much for him not to be pleased at how his life is working out. Am I jealous of her? You're damn right I am, but I'll hide it."

Don reached over and embraced her, saying regretfully, "Ok, honey, I'm just sorry things didn't turn out the way they should have and thank you for honestly explain the situation. I know it was hard to say those things. Frankly, your evaluation of her was exactly the same as mine and I agree that I'm surprised at how wrong we, actually all of us, were." He kissed her on the cheek and left, both regretting what might have been.

As said before, for Jeff, life was near flawless. He begrudged time away from work and time away from Diane, but even that worked out perfectly. He could work from anywhere with his mind, a laptop and the internet, so two or three days a week he would join Diane and do something together- mostly going to the beach. That may seem to be a somewhat pedestrian activity, but it was something that they both genuinely enjoyed. Jeff would work at the office until around 11:00, drive home and pick up Diane and a lunch that she, or, more likely, their cook-housekeeper, had prepared and head for the beach.

It was a beautiful beach, about five miles from their house. It technically was a private beach, with access to it from the parking lots of several resort hotels which maintained it for their clients. The entry to it that Jeff preferred was a path which was almost a tunnel through a thicket of sea grapes, shrub pines and tall grasses. It came out on a wide, long sandy beach, bordered by the shore on one side and a solid barrier of that thicket on the other. The maintenance crew had trimmed the thicket and sculptured it into hundreds of little semi-private alcoves, as they called them, so that you could lay a blanket down and have greenery on three sides and the ocean view on the other.

It was a mile-long beach with several entrances with the only problem a beach-goer would have was finding their own alcove when coming out of the water, particularly if the current and wind had taken them down the shore. This problem had been solved by leaving some areas wild as dividers and by placing different colored trash barrels near different alcoves. Very decorative and efficient and removing any concern about finding their place after swimming.

They settled into a routine: cooler, laptop, beach shoes, books, towels, blanket, etc. piled on a beach cart. Jeff would then drag the cart through the sand, its wheels leaving tracks marking the path to whichever area was empty, leading Diane to laugh, saying "We don't need bread crumbs to find our way, you're blazing the trail!" Jeff's inevitable reply was, "I'm going to get a new cart - one with fat wheels that actually turn in the sand!" He never did.

They would swim for a while and Jeff would jog down the beach and back. Other people seemingly came to the beach on the same schedule and they came to recognize the regulars. Jeff had enjoyed golf frisbee while in college and one of those regulars was a man who had played before. They met regularly and ran each other around with vigorous throws. After this energetic exercise, Jeff and Denise would eat lunch and he would start to do some work on his laptop. However, he inevitably would fall deeply asleep for at least an hour while Diane read a romance novel beside him. It always required a major effort on her part to awaken him. It became a normal part of their routine, something they laughed about together.