Gold Digger Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The frisbee player, whose name turned out to be Justin Reynolds, seemed to show up almost every time Jeff and Diane came to the beach. Eventually, Jeff introduced him to her and, while she was polite when he was there, referred to him, rather scathingly as a "beach bum" after he left. Beach bum or not, Jeff obviously didn't care and their games continued. A week or so later, as they ate, Jeff told Diane, "You've been wrong about Justin. It turns out that he is not a beach bum at all. He runs a small landscaping business, mostly lawn mowing and he takes off in the middle of the day when it's so hot."

Obviously that changed Diane's evaluation of Justin and she became much friendlier after that. A couple of weeks later when she complained to Jeff that the people mowing their lawn were really careless with their shrubs, he said that he would see if Justin wanted the job. The answer was yes and he even rearranged his schedule so that he would finish their lawn in the morning so that he would continue to be on the beach at the same time. Diane was happy with the condition of the lawn and Jeff was pleased to have his exercise partner still available. In fact, on one occasion when Justin had completed work on their lawn and was planning on joining them on the beach, Jeff suggested that they just take his car and leave Justin's truck at the house until they came back. That became the pattern whenever beach time matched the lawn mowing schedule. Very friendly and convivial.

So, their beach recreation was good, there were no money problems and there were no difficulties of a personal (or sexual) nature as they approached their first anniversary. Oh, there was too much social activity for Jeff - meeting and talking to people in which he had no interest because Diane loved that part of life - but he accepted that as part of marriage's compromises. Basically, however, everything was good.

Nonetheless, as time passed, Jeff found himself disturbed by something, but he had no idea of what. It obviously was nothing of significance because he couldn't even put his finger on it or could even be sure that anything actually was wrong. However, something had triggered a vague feeling that everything wasn't as it should be - but the cause of that disturbance eluded him. It just rested there in his mind like a ghost with no substance.

Then, suddenly one day, that ghost took on corpulence and became very real and very disturbing. They had been with a casual woman friend, really an acquaintance, of Diane's at a social event, something that Jeff hated and Diane loved. He wasn't really listening to their conversation - frankly, he wasn't interested - but suddenly something happened that drew his attention. The woman made some comments about something that she believed in and Diane agreed vociferously, even adding supporting evidence. Jeff was watching her face, and he saw sincerity written all over it.

Suddenly, in an epiphany, that vague feeling of uneasiness crystalized and no longer was hidden back in his subconscious mind. He knew for a fact that Diane disagreed 100% with the woman's point of view, yet he had just seen and heard her give her unalloyed support for that belief. The individual act that evening was not of great importance in itself and perhaps could be excused as common behavior that makes social life more harmonious. However, it brought into focus a problem that he certainly never consciously would have seen as a problem - his home life was totally void of controversy and that he and Denise agreed on everything!

He never had been aware of that as a problem - who would - but he also knew, subconsciously, that things don't work like that in the real world. If she could agree so convincingly and sincerely about something she disliked intensely when talking to an acquaintance, could she do the same thing when talking to her husband? Almost certainly yes!

Jeff tried not to overreact to this revelation, but one of the things that had made their marriage so happy for him was that they almost always were on the same page and thought the same way. Now, no matter what it was, he found himself testing her reaction, trying to measure her sincerity. He was uncomfortable with doing that, but he couldn't help himself.

Things changed as a result although she never seemed to notice. He always, in the past, had been very observant with everything and everybody, but had accepted her at face value as people in love are likely to do. Now he learned to recognize little clues that separated her genuine feelings from what he came to think of as her "acting mode." She always seemed to have enjoyed hearing him discuss his work and its problems, but he discerned that her interest in it was feigned. More significantly, sex diminished when the signs revealed when she was humoring him and frequently really uninterested. Bluntly, he felt that he was being patronized

The result of this more open-eyed evaluation of Diane and their life was the recognition of how little they actually had in common. She loved big parties and events while he preferred smaller, quieter, and more intimate get-to-gathers. He preferred clean, comfortable, modern architecture and they lived in a pretentious mini-mansion with formal, ornate French provincial furniture. It is said, of course, that opposites attract - but that doesn't mean that it necessarily works in a marriage. Still, despite all of these differences, Jeff made concessions and accepted, at least in part, that her acting was an effort to make him happy by agreeing with him and doing what he wanted to do. All marriages involve compromises and he certainly was willing to do so.

So, he spent more time working and less with her. He had worked from home often to be with her - at least nearby - but now his office and his partners had more appeal. She wasn't concerned by that, actually enjoying her other activities and friends when she was freer because of his absence. However, she continued playing the role of loving wife, but did so like an actress who reads the lines perfectly but puts no feeling into the part.

However, things continued harmoniously on the surface, but there were few common interests that they shared. However, there were still a few things that they still mutually enjoy and unquestionably the best of these was one that already has been described - going to the beach. The beach activities were fun and Jeff detected no phoniness in Denise's reactions as they played around. It was genuine pleasure on her part and he enjoyed that increasingly rare feeling of togetherness that had been normal their first year together. Unfortunately, the beach was where the next unexpected revelation occurred!

One of the realities of life is that one thing leads to another. If Jeff hadn't been disturbed by that vague feeling that something just didn't feel right, he never would have had that epiphany that led to him recognizing Diane's acting role in their relationship. Without that new questioning attitude, the next, far more significant disclosure might never have occurred.

It had been a good day at the beach, and it was clear that Diane was enjoying herself just as Jeff was. They had arrived and made their way through the passageway to an alcove. They had swum, Justin had showed up and he and Jeff had a vigorous game, making each other do a great deal of running. Justin left and Jeff and Denise had lunch, after which, as usual, he reclined with the expectation that shortly he would be sound asleep. He started to drift away as usual, but before nature took its course, he began thinking about a possible solution to a software problem that had been plaguing the team.

He undoubtedly would have fallen asleep in a few more minutes, but before he did so, he heard a man's voice whispering, "Can we go now? He's out." Shockingly, he heard Diane reply very softly, "I think so." With that, she reached over and shook Jeff's shoulder rather vigorously. Stunned by this whole episode, Jeff, without really thinking, didn't react. With that lack of response, Denise just said, "Ok."

Now, if in a normal voice Justin had simply asked if Diane wanted to walk down the beach while Jeff slept, he would have quietly dozed off with no concern. It was the surreptitious nature of that brief conversation that sent up a flare of suspicion. He continued breathing regularly although it was difficult to do. If his blood pressure had been taken, it probably would have been off the charts. His thoughts were swirling all over the place, but he never doubted that this was no innocent invitation to a walk on the beach!

Diane got up, grabbed a large towel and she and Justin quietly headed away from Jeff and their alcove without looking back. He stayed in place with his eyes slightly open, wondering what they had planned. He assumed that sex was involved, but none of the artificially created alcoves were really private and there were quite a few people on the beach. A walk to the other end of the mile long beach wasn't really feasible. As the couple moved further along, Jeff leaned out to follow them with his eyes and he saw them suddenly stop and look around. Seeing that they were unobserved, Justin turned toward the thicket and disappeared into it, followed by Diane. Startled, Jeff waited for them to reappear, but when they didn't, he slowly walked to where he had lost sight of them.

Suddenly, it all became clear! They had vanished into one of the areas left wild! He could see, from their foot prints in the sand, where they had gone in. He made no effort to follow them but he listened intently and thought he might have heard voices, but nothing intelligible. He looked around and mentally marked the spot to ensure that he could find it again and went back and lay down and waited. It was almost forty minutes later before Diane returned alone. She immediately glanced over to make sure that Jeff was still asleep. Satisfied, she put her shorts and top on over her bikini, sat and read a few pages in her book, relaxing from what Jeff assumed had been quite enjoyable exercise. She then shook him roughly, finally waking him from a deep sleep - or so she thought!

They packed up and went home with, not surprisingly, very little conversation. Jeff showered and sat alone in his study, trying to assimilate the shocking events of the day. He had discovered that much of her daily reactions, particularly with him, were artificial, but the thought of her having an affair had literally never crossed his mind and he honestly was completely stunned. He was also furious, humiliated, embarrassed, hurt, betrayed and probably other emotions. How does one react to having one's world dissolve around one? What Jeff didn't do was rage at his adulterous wife. He was mostly numb. The question, of course, was what's next!

The following day he was still numb in a way. Somehow he was able to keep his emotions bottled up and he concentrated on exactly what had happened yesterday. He drove back to the beach by himself and located the appropriate spot. At first he saw no opening but, pushing sideways, not straight ahead, he encountered an actual passageway over ten feet long leading to a sandy area, about 8' x 10', hidden in the middle of the wild thicket. Looking at it, Jeff was certain that this was where his wife had been fucked. That made it more real.

He left the beach and, finding the appropriate place on the parking lot side of the thicket, tried unsuccessfully to reach the center. Giving up, he drove into town and purchased a very small, very effective and very expensive wireless security camera. He returned and easily found a spot on a branch where the camera could be solidly fastened and sufficiently hidden while covering the whole area within its frame.

He went into an empty alcove, fired up his laptop and remotely triggered the camera after downloading its software. Immediately, the screen was filled, encompassing the entire 8' x 10' sand floor within the thicket. He tested the zoom and volume control and found that they worked perfectly. Leaving the camera in place, Jeff left and went to his office. He didn't get any work done, but he did a lot of thinking.

The following day started like so many before. Jeff and Diane arrived at the beach, he dragged the cooler cart through the sand with Diane joking, as she frequently did, that is they ever got lost, they could follow the tracks back to civilization. They swam for a while, ending up being pushed thirty yards down the beach by the current and locating their alcove by the color of the nearby trash can, azure blue this time. Diane made her normal comment that the alcove should have numbers on them. Everything was normal. Justin didn't show up which suited Jeff that day - it probably would have been awkward to face him so soon. They ate and Jeff prepared for his supposed nap.

He lay there, breathing as evenly as possible, wondering if anything was going to happen. About ten minutes later, he felt Denise lightly and then more vigorously shake him. With no response from him, she got up and left. Jeff peeked out and saw her joining Justin further down the beach. Show time! Certain that they wouldn't be coming back, he grabbed his laptop and triggered the camera just in time to see Justin slip in through the thicket followed by Denise. At that point Jeff got a surprise.

He expected the two lovers to embrace, kiss and do some preliminary groping and fondling before getting down to the real action. Instead, they were, seemingly, having a casual conversation while Denise carefully spread the towel on the sand. They then calmly undressed while continuing their conversation. Justin just dropped his pants onto the sand while Denise took off her bra and bikini bottom and placed them more neatly on a smooth rock opposite the entrance. There was no hurry or urgency to get together and it was obvious that they were not new, lust-driven lovers.

Jeff sat there, frozen, watching his wife. Actually, he had expected exactly what he was seeing, but expectation and reality were two difference things. His wife of just over a year, stripping and lying naked with an equally naked man, not in a fit of passion but in an established relationship. They were extremely comfortable with each other. When Justin began foundling her breasts, Denise hardly paid attention as she continued talking.

Inevitably, of course, the actions became more erotic as they began what they had come there for. The talking ceased as they kissed and Denise spread her legs, welcoming Justin's hand as it slipped between them. The foreplay didn't last long as both obviously were ready to move to the main event. As his wife raised and opened her legs and Justin mounted her, Jeff's mind involuntarily flashed back to her supposed semi-virginal status when he, himself, first penetrated her.

Ridiculous as it may seem, he, up until that moment, still had accepted Denise's story of her innocence before he and she were married. Suddenly, he saw their total relationship in a new light and the crumbling foundation of their marriage gave way completely. He had held on to the belief that something had happened to cause her to start an affair with Justin, but this was no inexperienced woman having a first affair. He really wasn't thinking - these were not coherent thoughts - but questions about her true sexual past were ready to be asked when his mind functioned again.

At that moment, his mind definitely was not functioning in a useful manner. He sat there on the ground, his laptop on the cooler, watching his wife being vigorously fucked by another man. He saw his wife on her back, her legs wide open and in the air while that man pummeled her cunt. And she was not just lying there being taken - she was giving as well as receiving as she humped up and down, meeting his inward plunges with surges of her own.

Jeff couldn't have looked away even if he had wanted to. It, in a way, was like watching a tragedy taking place in front of you - you want to turn away before the collision, but you just can't. So, he watched without moving as the fucking reached its climax and the lovers held together in orgasm. He knew that Justin was ejaculating inside of his wife, but all he could do is watch.

It was a weird situation as Denise and Justin slumped down, totally depleted by their efforts while, at the same moment, Jeff also slumped down, finally released from the hypnotic pull of his wife's adultery. They all recovered about the same time as Justin rolled off of Denise and they just lay there. Jeff suddenly remembered the remote controls and zoomed in for a closeup, showing Denise's well used cunt. In addition, he hadn't even thought of their conversation, but he raised the volume just in time to hear her say, "l wish that we had time to talk awhile, but I had better get back before Jeff wakes up."

Once again the casual relationship startled him. Without ceremony, they just got up, put on their suits, exchanged a brief kiss goodbye and Denise slipped out through the thicket. Jeff quickly closed down his laptop and rolled over as if asleep. Fresh from her adulterous rendezvous, his wife walked into the alcove, put on her top and shorts and, a few minutes later, wakened her husband, her face with an innocent and loving expression. No one, certainly not her trusting husband, would dream that her bikini bottom was being soaked with another man's cum at that moment! Unfortunately, from her point of view, that trusting husband no longer existed.

Jeff's reaction to seeing Denise being adulterously screwed surprised even himself. Oh, the fury and humiliation was still there. So also were the hurt and the anguish at being betrayed. Added to that was the utter disbelief that he could have been so gullible. At the moment that he got a glimpse of Denise's cunt as Justin came down on her he realized in a moment of truth that he really had been conned. As he lay there, supposedly asleep, he berated himself as he thought of the things that should have warned him. "How in the hell could I have been so stupid! The sad almost-virgin story that kept us from fucking before we were married! An almost virgin cunt that could take two fingers without wincing! A woman who had never sucked a cock giving a performance any pro would be proud of! How easy it was to get into her that first time after we were married!"

It was this self-disgust that plagued him at least as much as the scene he had watched. Oh, he was angry, he was mortified, he would have liked to have struck back somehow, but the oddest thing was that he had none of the rage you read about when a man discovers that his wife was unfaithful. The idea of smashing through that thicket and confronting Denise and Justin never crossed his mind. Even the sense of betrayal, while real, didn't motivate him. He never had been a "turn the other cheek" person, but he also never had been prone to precipitous actions. Thinking and analysis were more his style, but that night, lying beside Denise in bed, he questioned himself as to why he was taking her betrayal so relatively calmly.

In a moment of clarity, it finally came to him. When he watched on the laptop, he saw exactly what he had expected, his wife committing adultery. There was no shocking surprise as many men have had when unfaithfulness is discovered. However, it wasn't the frantic love-making that he anticipated and that, he decided, was the critical component that changed his whole attitude toward Denise. Maybe, just maybe, he could understand being suddenly overcome by physical attraction and have a purely sexual affair. This obviously was not that!

If he had discovered such an affair earlier, before being forced to recognize Denise's role playing, he might have rationalized it away. Maybe! But that was not the case. His feelings about her had already taken a real blow and the basis of their relationship, unknown to her, had been in precarious shape. Suddenly, he was faced with the undeniable fact that her adultery was nothing new and that she was completely comfortable with it. His eyes were finally open to the real situation and the real Denise - gold digger! There was no noise, no quaking of the ground, but, as said before, the foundation of their marriage crumbled at that moment. The only real question after that was how do you go about ending it?