Golf-India-Romeo-Lima Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He left his chair: "Fine. You may thank me after we're done."

"Um... how much will it be?"

"Usually I'd say round about 800. But for you I'll discount it to one half - it's nice canvas indeed. You're athletic and I will enjoy poking tiny holes in your skin," he laughed. "Think it over and give me a call if you won't come on Sunday. Fair enough?"

"It's more than that. Don't hope, I'll be there."

"Okay. I'll make use of the sunshine and hit the road again. Thanks for the coffee. See you then."

I walked him to the door and watched him going down the stairs. For next Sunday I had to borrow a car somewhere. I already had an idea where.

Walking back to the kitchen, I heard his bike roaring off. It hurt to hear this sound, because it forced me to remember about the wreck I just dumped to the junkyard. I sighed and smiled again as I recalled the fact that it was fortunately not me who had been dumped to the junkyard. I could be dead by now or paraplegic but I was lucky and still standing, cleaning up my kitchen; and wearing a marker on my skin.

To get rid of the marker would be a task of its own. I found out that the hardcore booze Richy had "forgotten" after the welcome party did not only burn - literally, not just the throat after swallowing it - but could be helpful with cleaning matters. I got rid of most of the marker but now I was accompanied by the fragrance of drunken sailors. It did not even leave me completely after a shower.

Stay away from grandpa's moonshine, I advised myself.

I was happy that I did not have to face the public today but could stay at home and have a calm evening. I dressed in my bathrobe and prepared myself for a cozy time with a book and a glass of wine which would not burn like hell.

Cozy time? Wrong! My doorbell told me something else.

Perhaps someone of my neighbors who was facing sugar-shortage or the lack of an egg? It would not be the first time, but I never mind helping someone out. No one stood at my door so I buzzed and I heard the door open downstairs. Some heavy steps went upstairs and finally a ridiculously huge bouquet appeared at the end of the stairway.

As I saw who carried this half-a-botanical-garden, I went pale.

"Good evening, Manuel," I tried to sound casual though I thought he must notice my voice was trembling.

"Good evening, Chris. I was told I would not be beheaded if I bring you some flowers. I hope there's some truth in it?" He smiled at me slightly insecure but nevertheless charmingly.

"Some flowers? It looks like you hi-jacked a flower shop, for heaven's sake!"

I took the bouquet and thought about where I should place them. I would have to divide it because I had no vase of a size able to cope with this half-a-botanical-garden.

He smiled and nodded. "Yep. Would you hide me from the cops?"

I chuckled. "Of course. I always had a weak spot for this Bonnie and Clyde thing. Next time we'll go together and for a bank, okay? Come in."

It were fatuous jokes but they seemed to be good enough to get the hints of awkwardness behind us. He laughed slightly and entered my flat. I told him to hang his jacket and we went to the kitchen. How long ago had he appeared here the first time, following Sasha's tousled bob wearing nothing but his undies and his charming smile?

I took all of the vases I owned and divided the flowers between them. "Have a seat. Can I offer you a drink? I have some awesome moonshine from Richy's grandpa. Or perhaps better something else. People will say I poisoned you deliberately."

"I have to drive. If it doesn't cause you too much inconvenience, coffee would be nice," he laughed.

"Not at all," I answered and started the machine. "I guess I will have a cup too." I placed one vase on the table and sat down near him.

We devoutly eavesdropped the pumping of the coffee machine for quite a while.

"This are really nice flowers, thank you," I said as I could not stand the silence anymore.

"You're welcome," he smiled, "If you visit a spider, don't forget to bring a fly with you."

I frowned: "Prince Charming, uh?"

"Sorry. I feel like apologizing but I don't know what for. I don't know if to apply for an armistice or a peace treaty. I don't even know if we are at war. I just know, I dislike what had happened and whatever was my fault, I'm sorry about it."

I left my chair and went for the coffee, filling two cups. Why did my hands tremble? I took a deep breath and returned to the table. "I think this could take us a while. How about moving to the living room? It would be more comfortable."

We moved and I sat on the sofa while he sat on the armchair nearby. I had won some time to get my answer straight.

"We were not at war. I was jealous, plain simple. And I did the dumbest deed I could do. Most probably it is me who should apologize. Certainly I cannot blame you for being a likable person, can I? Neither for falling in love with Sasha. Nope, I tried already but it did not work out, I explained.

He nodded thoughtfully and had a sip from his cup. "I'm glad you're not mad at me, you know? But I was mad at you because you were such a nasty bit of a woman. I was mad about every tear you caused Sasha to cry. And there were a lot. She did not deserve that."

"Believe me, this is one of the things I regret most of all," I frowned. "Although there is much more to regret. Do you regret something?"

"Yes, certainly. I should have had the guts to talk to you much earlier. But I was angry and did not know if you would agree. I felt like I should hate you. It seemed to work out for a while; until you had this accident. I don't know, it shocked me deeply. Much deeper than I thought it could. It made me think."

"Me too," I chuckled with a good load of irony.

He shook his head laughing: "I'm really glad it did not take away your special kind of humor. I am very glad that you made it. Sometimes it takes a punch to understand things better."

"What are you talking about?"

"You won't freak out?"

"Holy Christ, why do you all consider me such a fury?"

"Because we all know, you can be!"

"Nice burn," I sighed, "Would it help if I sit on my hands?" I shoved my flat hands under my butt with ostentation.

He smiled: "Yeah, it does. Well, as you did not appear at the 'Base' in time for work Richy was very worried. You've never been late or skipped without a call, as he told. So he called around everywhere and got to know you were at the hospital, but they did not tell him anything about you. He did not know if you're dead or alive. He called us and told Sasha about it. She freaked out like I've never seen her before. I had no idea, how much she really loves you."

I nodded silently and hung on his words. I felt he was about to come to the point and did not want to interrupt him.

"Well, I should have been jealous, shouldn't I? The truth is I wasn't. I felt that I cared about you like she did - yeah, maybe not exactly like she did - but I did; and I was afraid what might have happened to you. Sasha and I jumped into my car and rushed to the hospital where we met Richy. It took a long time there as they were still examining you under the CT scanner. Sasha lied everything under the sun to get information about your condition from a physician. You would not believe how happy we were when we got to know that you'd make it in one piece. Yes, I was very happy."

"I don't understand what you're trying to tell me."

He heaped a deep sigh: "Well what I am trying to say is... you mean more to me than just a girl I once made out with. I understood it that night. I have no idea how to deal with it, but I think you should know."

I bent my legs, hugged my knees and rested my chin on them. I sat silent and chewed my lower lip.

"Leastwise you didn't explode," he sighed after a while.

"Why should I?" I asked him. I took a deep breath. "As we are talking honestly now; I do not know what to say or think. This is new to me and I never thought that anything like this would happen with me. I think about Sasha and about this crazy mess my life is. I was almost killed and now I feel I have to get things straight again. Sometimes I feel it is all too much at one time and I feel lost. I don't know if Sasha has told you anything about me? Right now I have no clue what to answer you. I'm sorry."

"No, she did not. I don't expect you to answer me. I did not ask a question."

"Maybe you did not but what you just told me did. I will have to find an answer for myself first."

"I think, I understand that," he nodded thoughtfully.

"Thank you," I smiled at him. "I think I need some time on my own now. I hope I do not offend you?"

"No, not at all. I understand," he smiled back.

I accompanied him to the door. While he got his jacket I asked: "May I ask you a favor? I have nothing to drive and need to go somewhere on Sunday. Would you miss your car that day?"

He looked at me astonished. "Ah, well, I don't think so."

"May I borrow it then?"

"Yes, okay, I'll come around, you drive me back home and then you can keep it for the day."

"That's great! Thank you," I pecked his cheek. "This one's for you," I pecked his other cheek, "and this one is for Sasha."

"I'll give it to her, no worries," he nodded with a warm smile and left.

I closed the door behind him and felt like having a glass of wine. Every time I thought things would be already messed up enough, something else appears and needs to be added to my list.

Did he just tell me, he has feelings for me?

I had a of glass wine and tried to read my book but I could not focus on the writing. I had to think about the things going on and could not concentrate on something else. It was quite late as I had yet another glass of wine and I went to bed altogether.

+++

The next Sunday Manuel was on time. I sat down behind the steering wheel and drove him home again. We were chatting and as we arrived he asked me in. I declined because I did not want to lose time. I was too curious about Vinny's design. Manuel looked as if he was okay with that, as I pecked him goodbye. He smiled and nodded as I told him to tell Sasha hello. We agreed on seeing each other that evening for a longer time.

I drove further out of town and headed down the motorway. Because I drove a car it was simply the faster way. Usually I would have worked more corners but on four wheels corners are less fun. That was what I thought about it.

Vinny was already waiting for me. He led me to his studio and showed me the design he had painted. It was the same size as the tattoo would be and it was wonderful. This bird was blazing flames. The shades were blended and the colors glowed incredibly brilliantly. All the feathers of the Phoenix looked like they were burning. The seams of the feathers looked transparent and vanished into nothing like real flames would look.

"Wow!" I was stunned.

"It seems as if you like it?" Vinny showed a shit eating grin.

"Like it is not the right word, Vinny. This is better than I could have dreamed. Will it look the same on my skin? The same colors and the shading? I mean the shading is awesome! Can it be this way with a tattoo looking the same?" I threw the words at him fast because I was really excited.

He laughed: "Hell yes! That's what I really love about you. If you like something, you're gonna go nuts like a kid at the Christmas tree. Like seeing my carbs the first time. That is great."

I smirked: "That's how I am. Take it or leave it. The only thing that could make me change would be for the sake of this tattoo. But will I have to?"

"No, please no. I just told you I like it. So have you made up your mind? It is a decision for a lifetime."

"I know that and I'm sure about it. Shall we start?"

He nodded and slipped into a pair of surgeon's gloves. "As soon you undress and lay down on the bench."

I slipped out of my clothes. I had chosen a light summer dress so it was no fuss to get naked. He was still professional enough that it did not feel awkward at all. I was more canvas than woman and this made me feel really comfortable.

"We may have a break any time," he said preparing his colors and tools. "I'll do the line out first and later go for the fills and shading."

I nodded. He placed my arm and legs as he wanted them to be and started. The humming of his machine started and I felt the needle piercing my skin so fast that I could not separate the single stitches. It did hurt, it really did. Especially as he went over the thin skin covering my ribs.

After he did the first slight outline, he told me to have a look. This would be the last chance to make corrections. I found nothing to correct and he went on. I don't know how long I laid there, eager not to move at all. I gritted my teeth in all of the time I wanted to stand the pain without moaning. But at last I felt like I could not lay stock-still for longer.

"Break?" I whimpered.

The machine went silent immediately. "Yes, of course," he nodded and dabbed the ink away. "You're doughty. I made really good progress. I think if you keep this pace, I'll finish it in three sessions."

After he had stopped, my skin burned even more. "Who ever told it would not hurt is a god-damned liar," I frowned at him.

I met his shit eating grin again as he held a mirror for me. "It was not invented for pussies. As far as I know it is originally a test for the bravery of the fierce Polynesian warriors. Besides, it can look great. Have a look."

I saw the outlines on my skin done. The first part of the Phoenix' head was already colored. It looked like on the painting. May be even better as it was not on paper but on living canvas, moving with my breath and following my shape.

I looked upon it in awe. "This is so beautiful, Vinny. Really... gorgeous! I love it already and I will adore it when it is finally done."

"I hope so. Are you ready for more? I'm starting to like poking holes in you," he chuckled.

"Let's go," I answered and lay still again.

As we were done he smeared Vaseline on it and wrapped me tight into some layers of plastic wrap. "Don't get it wet for three days. It must heal, okay?"

I nodded and we agreed on the next Sunday. I was happy about the progress of this session and drove back in a bright mood that was just slightly dimmed by my burning side. But this ink was worth it.

I parked the car at the house where Manuel and Sasha had their flat and pressed the doorbell. Someone buzzed me in and I took the lift up to the last floor. Sasha hugged me, as I reached the door.

I pulled back as she touched my fresh tattoo. "Ouch!"

She looked shocked: "Oh shit, sorry. What's wrong."

"Nothing serious, uh... just sore muscles. My exercises, you know?" I did not want to reveal my secret until it was finished.

She quirked an eyebrow. Obviously she knew me too closely for her to be so easily fooled. She did not ask further as she well knew, I would not tell her anything more.

"Come in. I would like you to eat with us. Will you?" she finally asked.

"Yes, with pleasure, thank you." I kissed her and we entered their flat. Manuel was in the kitchen and was keeping an eye on the oven. Sasha had prepared an Asian rice and we had a nice dinner together.

After the meal we decided to watch a movie and sat down on the couch in front of the TV. I got the spot in the middle and had Sasha at my right. I did not care much about the movie. The real action took place inside of me.

Sasha leaned her head on my shoulder and held my hand. She felt nice and cozy. I held her hand and we interlaced our fingers tenderly. Manuel on my other side laid his arm over the back rest and held us both together in his arm.

I was astonished to find out how natural it felt. Looking up at him I saw that he payed much more attention to the movie than I did. His face was relaxed and showed no sign or any hint that this situation could be different as it should be. He was completely cool with it. He just held Sasha and me in his arm and it was the most normal thing for him to do as it seemed.

"Security is a thumb and a blanket," came to my mind.

In this sense Sasha and Manuel felt like thumb and blanket for me at this very moment. I could not help myself, I felt like laying my head on his shoulder. With them I felt so safe and secure. It was like warm and gentle hands were covering my heart and holding it tight. I heaved a deep breath my emotions felt so strong.

I turned my head as Sasha relaxed her head and squeezed my hand slightly. She looked at me with tender and loving eyes. Her mouth showed this slight duck beak shape with her softly pouted lips and her cute smile were encouraging. I felt, that she could understand what was happening inside of me and that she was fine with it.

"I love you," she mouthed at me and laid her head back at my shoulder.

I nodded slightly and answered her by holding her hand tighter. My head rested at Manuel's shoulder. He tilted his head and his cheek and fondled my hair. This seemed so wrong but it felt so good. Could it not be right though?

It was so different from everything I was used to. It was something else, more than making out with both of them. It was much more intimate and emotional and touched me deeply. The scenes of the movie reached my eyes but did not make it into my mind. I started to think and analyze again. But then I suppressed my burgeoning insecurity. It felt too good to be wrong.

After the movie had ended Manuel offered to drive me home and I took him up on his offer with pleasure. Sasha kissed me goodbye when we left. While he drove, I sat near him and I laid my head on his shoulder the whole way. We did not say a word. It was not necessary to talk and each word would have only disturbed the intimacy of this moment.

As we reached my home Manuel parked his car and jumped out. He rushed around and opened my door, reaching his hand in to help me out. It seemed perhaps old-fashioned and prissy but I loved it. Good manners were definitely a way to seduce me.

We still held hands as I opened the door. We went upstairs our fingers interlaced as they still were as I opened the door to my flat. I turned towards him and was thinking of what to say. I took a deep breath and was about to say that I was thankful for his company and that I enjoyed the evening much. The usual stuff.

Another way to seduce me is doing the right thing at the right time, and he did it the right way additionally. I felt his hand tenderly playing with the hair in my nape as he kissed me. He was gentle and loving as I opened my lips for him and invited his tongue. Our tongues were cuddling tenderly with no urge. It felt warm and cozy deep inside my tummy.

Again we did not need to say a word. I closed the door behind him and we went to my bedroom our fingers still interlaced. As we reached the room he embraced me and kissed me again with his breathtaking tenderness. I could not recall a kiss from a man making me feel like this. A sweet hot surge was scurrying under my skin and it was weakening my knees. He made me feel so good. But I could not let it go. I had to think about Sasha and I felt it would not be right. I softly pushed him away.

"Make yourself comfortable," I whispered, "I will be back in a minute, okay?"

I don't know what he thought, but he showed no concern: "Yes, sure. Although a minute seems like too long to me to miss you."

I smiled and rushed out of the room, taking my mobile and taking shelter in my bathroom. I dialed Sasha's number.

She must have seen my number in her display before she answered: "What the fuck do you want, Chris? I tried to relax with a book and have a nice calm evening on my own." Now I heard her breath and low giggles. She sounded as if she fought against a laughter but nevertheless tried to sound strict.

"I'm at my place - with Manuel", I told her shyly and insecure.