Guardian Wolf Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And Jessica?" she heard Rachel say, "If you ever presume to interfere with James or me again I will fucking kill you. Are we clear?"

Jessica could not form a single sentence and simply nodded her head numbly. Nothing about tonight made any sense. And it was all her father's fault. If he had not insisted on making her come tonight, nothing would have happened. But now she didn't know what to make of anything. She continued to rock herself on the floor of the bathroom and mutter incomprehensibly to herself. She didn't even notice Rachel open the door and exit the bathroom. After taking precious moments to gather her shattered wits about her, Jessica tried to stand on weak legs. But her brain was unable to successfully transmit signals to her legs before it shut down completely. Jessica blacked out entirely and knocked her head against the tiled floor. Her last conscious thought was a growing rage against her father; he would pay for all this.

************

When Rachel exited the bathroom she walked squarely into the sculpted mass of her mate. With her anger now spent on tearing Jessica Hamilton a new asshole, her courage had fled as quickly as it had come. She was afraid to look up into James's emerald eyes, fearing what she might see there.

"Look at me baby!" James said in a stern, yet soft voice. His eyes had a golden amber tint in addition to his piercing emerald eyes. He was not happy.

Rachel looked up at her mate with as demure a countenance as she could muster. She batted her eyes in a desperate attempt to cool his anger. She knew she was in deep, deep shit.

"That wasn't what I meant when I said to handle the situation with diplomacy. You shouldn't have let Jessica get to you like that. You let your anger cloud your judgment and you seriously scared the shit out of her. You could have seriously hurt her as well; you came this close to crushing her larynx. Thank the gods you haven't gone through the transformation yet. You have no idea the damage you could have caused if you had shifted. Marcus would never forgive us if you killed his mate.

There is no telling what Jessica will do now. She probably thinks you are a strung out psychopath now, and that's if you're lucky. Your actions were neither Alpha like nor lady like. You need to learn to be more diplomatic and control your emotions better. If you are to be a proper Madam you need to learn to not let people get to you like that. You must be calm and in control of your emotions to handle the tough situations," James lectured to Rachel like a father to a wayward child.

"I know, I know. It's just when she said that stuff about you and how I probably hired you like some gigolo, I fucking lost it. No one insults my mate and gets away with it. I am sorry I disappointed you, but I had to get through to her and I let my wolf do the talking. She doesn't put up with shit either. I know Jessica probably thinks I am squirrel shit crazy now, but I don't care! Let her think what she wants of me; she needed someone to give her a swift kick in the ass. Marcus needs to strap her down and beat the snob out of that girl! A little humility never killed anyone." Rachel said exasperated.

"That is up to Marcus. If she truly is his mate, he will instinctively know how best to handle her and discipline her. You let her petty jealousy and selfishness affect you. You jeopardized yourself, your mate, and your pack. If she goes around blabbing what you said, there is no telling what the consequences may be. She will probably just shake it off like a bad dream or something, but you have to learn patience and restraint. A time will come when you will have to make her an ally and you can't do that if you can't see beyond your juvenile hatred," James said. Rachel lowered her head. She felt about an inch tall right now. James was right. She had lost her head.

"However, this probably was necessary for Jessica. She needs to realize that there are other people in this world and they do matter. You were right about her babe. If she can't get beyond her selfish desires and wants, she will end up miserable and alone. I know my best friend; Marcus will only tolerate so much with Jessica. He will not abide a narcissistic and selfish mate. There is no room in the pack for someone like her; she needs to look deep inside her and figure out what she truly needs. Just remember this for the next time you go terrorizing selfish cheerleading sluts," James said with a smile that warmed her heart and enflamed her pussy.

"So...that's it?" Rachel asked hoping that her ass chewing would be the extent of her punishment.

"Far from it. I will mete out your punishment later. I need to remind you that this type of behavior will not be tolerated," James said as he looked towards the woman's bathroom. He could have sworn that he heard something thump to the floor.

"What was that noise?" Rachel asked. She heard it as well.

"It sounds like your tirade scared Jessica more than I thought. It think she just passed out. Open the bathroom door so I can go and pick her up," James said.

"But...can't we just leave her in there? I'm sure she will be alright and it's really where she belongs," Rachel began to complain, still irritated with the head cheerleader.

"Rachel. Do it now!" James barked an order with a menacing growl at his mate. He was in no mood to put up with this juvenile shit. Jessica needed help and he was going to offer it.

Rachel almost yelped like a startled pup as she rushed to open the door. James was in no mood for jokes and she didn't want to anger him any more than he already was. She feared her ass would be bright red before tomorrow. Rachel shivered at the thought of being disciplined at the hands of her mate and the wetness between her legs only increased. Why did the thought of punishment turn her on so much?

James went into the bathroom and retrieved an unconscious Jessica from the bathroom floor. He cradled her carefully in his arms, mindful of the bump to the back of her head. She would have a monster bitch of a headache when she came to. James asked Rachel to retrieve his wallet from his back pocket and remove a twenty dollar bill.

"Go to the concession stand and by some bottled water or juice. She will be dehydrated when she wakes up. Also see if there is some aspirin or ibuprofen at the counter; she will most likely have a bad headache when she wakes. I am taking her back to her seat and to Robby. Meet me there after you get back from the concession stand. Hurry, now please," James said. It was an order, not a request.

"Right away," Rachel said.

Her anger was forgotten as she started to worry that her actions had caused Jessica real harm. She didn't want to hurt the girl, just scare her away from James. Rachel was starting to feel like a real jackass for her actions back there. James was right, she could and should have acted more Alpha like. She had let her petty jealousy and selfishness overcome her common sense and sound judgment. She needed to learn real patience and how to best control her anger. Maybe a real good spanking would teach her a lesson. But Rachel knew that it would take more than a simple spanking to help her rein in her emotions. She hoped her mate would be able to help her; without his help she would be in deep shit.

Rachel had no doubt that James would make her pay for her actions later, but now she needed to help an unconscious woman; even if that woman was Jessica fucking Hamilton. Pushing away any lingering thoughts of anger and jealousy, she rushed to the nearest concession stand and ordered both a bottle of apple juice and a bottle of water. Rachel imagined that Jessica would need the added sugar from the juice as well as the water to feel better. Rachel asked the gentleman behind the counter if he also sold any aspirin or something like it for a headache. The man said he didn't have any to sell but there were some aspirin tablets in the first aid kit below the counter. The nice young man reached underneath the counter and came back up with two packages containing two tablets each. Rachel thanked the man profusely then ran in the opposite direction to catch up with James.

She rushed back to their portal entrance with the two bottles and looked for James. She found him setting a still unconscious Jessica back into her seat as he talked with a concerned Robert. She made her way past the row of people enjoying the concert until she stopped behind James. She tapped him on the shoulder and handed him the juice, water, and the aspirin. James kissed his mate and thanked her before turning back to Robby.

"Here is some aspirin and water when she wakes up. She will probably be dehydrated and have a headache. We noticed a bump on the back of her head when we found her passed out. She should also drink this apple juice to keep her blood sugar up," James said as he handed the contents over to Robert.

"What happened exactly?" asked a very confused Robert. She went off to use the bathroom and came back unconscious in the arms of James Wolfe.

Rachel spoke up first, "I had to use the restroom and James didn't want me going alone. I was using one of the stalls and when I came out to wash my hands, I found Jessica passed out on the floor. I'm guessing the heat in the arena and all the noise finally got to her. Keep an eye on her and make sure that she can walk out of her under her own power before you leave. If you need us, page us over the public address system and we will come find you."

"Okay," Robert said still concerned and a little put out that he had to watch over Jessica instead of enjoying the concert.

"Just a second," Rachel said suddenly as she turned on her heels and made her way back toward the exit and concourse.

Where are you going babe? James asked in her head.

I thought I would get Jessica a bag of ice or a cold compress. That bump on the back of her head will probably leave a good sized goose egg if she doesn't put something on it. Rachel answered back in his head.

I'm proud of you mate. This is the way a true Alpha should act.

Rachel could feel his pride in the praise and it made her feel a little better after her actions in the bathroom. His confidence and trust in her felt like a warm blanket covering her. She made her way quickly back to the same gentleman at the concession stand.

"Hi! I'm back again. I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have like a bag with some ice in it that I can buy or maybe something I can use as a cold compress? A girl I know fainted and she may have a good size bump on the back of her head. We don't want it to get any bigger than it already is," Rachel said politely.

"I have just the thing. Wait here a moment," the man said.

The young man returned with a white bag and went directly to the ice machine and began to fill the bag with cubed ice. When the bag was full enough he reached up and placed a rubber stopper in the hole used to fill the ice. He returned to Rachel and placed the bag on the counter.

"This is an insulated ice bag. We use them to transport ice to the different boxes around the complex. They can hold quite a bit of ice in them, but this will work nicely as a cold compress for your friend. I have dozens of these things and I can spare to part with one," the young man explained.

"Fantastic!" Rachel gushed, "What do I owe you?"

"Your phone number?" the young man asked shyly.

"Aren't you adorable? I'm sorry to say this but I'm already married," Rachel said trying to let the young man down gently. Rachel blushed; it was still a little funny saying she was actually married.

"Was the big guy carrying the unconscious blonde girl your husband?" he asked, a little more hesitantly that he would like to admit. The guy looked like he could literally fold his slimmer body into a pretzel.

"That's the one. You're a cute guy and I'm sure you will make some girl very happy. But I am completely devoted and I adore my man," Rachel said, catching herself before she said 'mate'.

The young man looked a little dejected but hid it well with a killer smile. He thought the young woman looked far too young to be married, but he took the rejection in stride.

"What's your name sweetie?" Rachel asked sweetly. This guy seemed like a gem. Maybe one of the single girls on the squad wouldn't mind giving him a go.

"Jordan. Jordan Michaels. I'm a sophomore at Pacific North University," Jordan said, puffing his chest out slightly in pride.

Wait. Michaels. It couldn't be, could it? Rachel looked closer at Jordan and noticed the family similarities.

"You wouldn't be related to a Jayden Michaels, would you?" Rachel asked.

She watched Jordan's eyes darken slightly and a small scowl come over his face. He hid it as quickly as it came but his voice was decidedly much more flat when he answered, "He is my younger brother. We...we don't get a long."

"I'm sorry to hear about your brother's injuries," Rachel said trying to hide her familiarity to the situation.

"I'm not. He had it coming. Jayden has a lot of anger issues and emotional instability. He has been this way ever since our mother passed away. My Dad and I tried to help him the best we could, but nothing ever helped. He just walled himself off from everything and everyone. He turned into a complete asshole as compensation. I'm hoping time in the hospital and those mandatory counseling sessions really turn him around. My father was angry but relieved. He really appreciated his boss paying the hospital and counseling bills. He wouldn't have been able to pay for them otherwise. Between you and me I would want to thank the guy that beat the shit out of Jayden. He has been a shithead for far too long and he needed a serious attitude adjustment," Jayden said with a touch of anger behind his eyes.

Rachel couldn't help herself, "You want me to go get him?"

Jordan looked like he had just seen big foot. Jayden had picked a fight with this girl's husband? He knew his brother was dumb, but he didn't think he was that dumb. His brother must have developed a severe case of the Stupid's to go after a guy that size.

"Wow! My brother certainly bit off more than he could chew when he decided to mess with your husband," Jordan said as he chuckled softly.

"Yes, but like you said, Jayden has issues," Rachel agreed.

"Anyway, thank your husband for me. Whether he knows it or not he may have saved Jayden's life. Jayden was headed down a dark path and it wouldn't have taken him too long to do something to land him in jail or in the grave. That ass kicking may just be the best thing to ever happen to him," Jordan said with finality.

"I will. And thank you for being so helpful today," Rachel said as she grabbed the ice pack and placed a ten dollar bill on the counter.

Jordan looked at it surprisingly and was going to refuse but Rachel was already walking off. Before he turned his back to continue cleaning the machinery, he heard Rachel yell back to him.

"Hey, Jordan! I'll be sure and tell my girlfriends all about you. I'm sure they would all love dating a college guy. We can't have a gem like you staying single, now can we?" Rachel asked as she waved and giggled before running back to the entrance.

Jordan just waved back with a dumb look on his face. Suddenly his brain caught up with the rest of his body and he shouted after her.

"Hey what's your name?" he yelled.

"Rachel Wolfe!" was the answer that floated back to him.

************

Rachel returned to James and she was relieved to see that Jessica was conscious again. She must not have been that bad off since she was cursing at Robert to get away from her when he tried to give her the apple juice.

"I don't need no fucking juice you asshole! I need to go home. Take me home right now," Jessica demanded.

Rachel rolled her eyes. Even with a possible concussion she was still playing the part of a drama queen. She walked towards her mate who was blocking Jessica's view of the aisle. She touched James's shoulder and handed him the ice pack. Rachel noticed that Jessica's eyes got real big and she tried to shrink further into her seat when Jessica caught sight of her behind James. There was real fear in her eyes, but mostly confusion; Jessica was having a hard time remembering just what the hell happened. All she could remember was that Rachel had scared the living daylights out of her and she had reason to be afraid of the tiny woman.

"Get that psycho bitch away from me!" Jessica screamed, frantically trying to put as much distance between herself and Rachel. She was trying to crawl into the small space between the wall and her seat.

"Jessica. Calm the fuck down!" Robert huffed.

He was really getting sick of this bitch's theatrics. She was looking at Rachel like she was the devil himself and she would burst into flames at any moment just by looking at her wrong. Why was she looking at Rachel like that? Little Rachel was the sweetest, most gentle woman he knew. Why would Jessica be afraid of the tiny cheerleader like she would tear her head off at any moment?!? Fuck, what a damn drama queen. It looked like he was going to miss the rest of the concert after all. He couldn't have this bitch screaming her lungs out throughout the remainder of the concert. Robert thought she must have a concussion to be acting this way. He knew he would have to take her to a hospital now... or a psychiatric ward. Robert was seriously tempted by the latter, but knew he could only choose the former.

"Come on, we're going!" Robert said as he moved to pull Jessica out of her seat. He was in no mood to be gentle right now.

"Really? You're going to take me home?" Jessica asked elated, suddenly relieved that she would be leaving this hell hole and that she-demon behind with her skin still intact.

"No! You obviously have a concussion if you are looking at Rachel like she is a god damn demon or something. I need to take you to the hospital so we can check you out," Robby said with finality.

"No! I hate hospitals. I won't go. You take me home right the fuck now, god damn it," Jessica said as they made their way to the exit.

James and Rachel had cleared a path for Robert and Jessica and then moved out of their way onto the lower stairwell. Jessica would not take her eyes off of Rachel and she was trying to get to the exit as fast as she could without looking where she was going. Robert had to catch and steady her twice before she fell onto other people. Once she reached the stairwell she made to run to the exit, but stopped and grabbed her head. Once the adrenaline and fear started to leave she noticed she had a massive headache and she was suffering from severe nausea.

The hospital seemed like a good choice, all of a sudden. She nearly doubled over and unloaded her dinner on the stairs beneath her. Robert caught her and led her through the concourse and to the parking lot. He knew the crisp, night air would help clear her head and ease her nausea. Robert sat her on the steps in front of the main entrance and ran to retrieve his truck. He pulled up in his 2003 Dodge Ram 4-door quad cab and helped Jessica into the bucket seat. He then strapped her in and headed towards Bellevue Medical Center. He thanked all the Gods that he had remembered to grab his father's binoculars on the way out. It would not speak well of him if he forgot his dad's favorite glasses. He placed the binoculars carefully in the center console and continued towards the hospital.

Just what else could go wrong tonight? Robert thought sullenly at being forced to leave the concert. This was that old goat's fault; Jessica's father was such an asshole.

************

Before Robert had left, James asked that Robert give him a call on his cell phone to let them know they had reached the hospital safely. James also asked Robert for any updates to Jessica's condition. James told Robert that he would contact Jessica's father and arrange for them to meet Robert at the hospital. He and Rachel then went out into the concourse so they could get a good cell signal and be able to have a conversation without shouting. After he was satisfied that he was in a good location, James dialed his father.