Hampered in His Plans Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was about 10:00am, and Cindy was in my office, briefing me. "The EMT Union's national leaders came into Town last night. The scuttlebutt is that they're going to organize everything, get the national Media in, then call for a strike. They may contact the Police Union people, try to get the Police to go on strike in sympathy with them. Lt. Masters has extra patrols near all the Fire Departments, and I put the SWAT on call at all times for the time being."

"What is the sentiment of our guys about all this?" I asked.

"It depends." said Cindy. "Many of the older Uniformed Police, that have lived here for a long time, are solidly against the EMTs. Most are pretty neutral, since it's Fire Department vs. EMTs. A good number of the Second Precinct guys are sympathetic to the EMTs, though. Some of that may be because a lot of the Black Community is believing what they are told that 'The Man' is coming down on the EMTs.

"Cindy," I said, "you've been here a long time, since your college days at least. What is with this animosity, this rift between the Fire Department and the EMTs?"

"I really don't know." said Cindy. "In a way, it's like the Hatfields and McCoys: no one is exactly sure why or how the feud started, but it's just ingrained now. I've had some Fire Department people say the EMTs have to go through initiation, like West Point Plebes or basic trainees."

"Except that it never ends for the EMTs. Ever." I said. "I think I'll ask Chief Griswold about it, see what he can tell me--"

Just then Mary Mahoney Milton burst into my office. "Commander! Something's happening at the Downtown Station. Myron is recording it onto the evidence servers. A couple of male EMTs are being beaten up, and a female EMT is being raped!"

"Shit!" I gasped. "Let's go! Ross, deploy our troops!" Cindy had a habit of running ahead of me, so she was well down the hall when Mary stopped me.

"Commander, the rapists are filming it." she said. "Get their cell phones."

"Call Paulina for a warrant for them now." I said. I then turned and ran down the hall...

To be continued.