Hampered in His Plans Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, that's at least part of it." said Adele.

"There's more?" I asked. I knew she would only tell me as little as she could, partly to protect herself.

"Let me ask you this, Don." she said, turning onto her back and staring at the ceiling. "You're well aware of the things Cook is doing with his businesses, and profiteering from his Council position. But other Council members are going along very easily, don't you think? Why would that be?"

"Well," I said, "Reginald B.F. Lewis would get a big campaign contribution, funneled through T-Square. Malinda Adams gets support for her feminist causes, maybe a nice donation to Planned Parenthood. McGillie, Colby, and Schoen will have none of him, nor will Goldman and Steele. Pastor Westboro will get a nice ten percent tithe, and probably more, for First Baptist Church. Kelly Carnes? Hmmm, her husband is a wealthy dentist, and I'm not sure what her lodestone would be for working with Cook."

"Having said all that," I said, "obviously someone benefits further in this." I let my mind wander into the compartments of the Eightfold Fence...

*BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!*

It was my Police cellphone, and Cindy on the line. "Commander, there's been a murder at Union Hall. The National Union President, one Jack Naples. He's dead, stabbed from behind..."

To be continued.