All Comments on 'Happy Anniversary Dear'

by cageytee

Sort by:
  • 151 Comments
bigurnbigurn9 days ago

Well, I gave this one 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐. Only for the writing and effort. The wife came across as dumber than a box of rocks. Despite her " plan" , it gave the appearance that, if old Billy had said the right things... She would have been off screwing him before the day was over. Also, to anonymous, from 3 months prior... Lying to your spouse and setting up a meeting with the opposite sex, is a betrayal.

Buster2UBuster2U13 days ago

When he caught her with Billy it should have been an automatic divorce. If NOT what would it take catching them fucking?????? Divorce the cheating lying whore! She won't stay away from Billy like Hubby told her. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

The appearance of impropriety IS an improper act, however much people want to paper over it.

Some of us know that.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 2 months ago

Good one! Made her sweat, but she’ll get her own back…

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. Entertaining. Even more seeing the btb commeters howl at the moon for blood. Lol. What a bunch of maroons (Bugs Bunny joke). Nothing to see here BTB crowd. She wasn't trying to make her husband jealous. If you read the freaking story you would know that. She wasn't cheating. If you consider what she did cheating then you are grade A morons and you deserve whatever incel existence you may fall into. She was trying to teach the asshole a lesson and it got out of control. The husband and his friend then decided to teach her a lesson about doing something stupid. She in no way cheated. She made a dumb mistake trying to teach a Neanderthal a lesson. Read the story trolls? 5 stars.

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Miss you here in lw

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld4 months ago

He's too forgiving, she still met with Billy on his home turf. By the husband not getting his pound of flesh from Billy he proved he was a wimp and a couc. Divorce is the first answer. Then destroy Billy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The bitch decides to forgive him!!!!!. Oh, hell to the NO! Her pride will be the end of them. Tomorrow, it's time for a heart to heart.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Good story. I agree with BTW, the idiot’s comments are one of the best parts.

SignedBTWSignedBTW4 months ago

As Usual

Nixrox has no clue. In 10 months we go from 1 star to 10. Kind of an I Love Lucy story here and she was on the air for decades so it worked for a lot of people for a long time. Just for the writing. fun and the idiot's comments, *****'s Signed: BTW

BlueHemiBlueHemi5 months ago

Good story that's well written. Thanks!

Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

Great story and I am sure it taught her a valuable lesson.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Based on the back story, Jess has to now be at least 40. She acts like she’s 14. “I’m going to prove to my dad that I can handle things myself !”

He should have just divorced her anyway. Too foolish to be a wife. Just glad that the story doesn’t say anything about children. She’d be a terrible mother!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

i never like a person who deliberately make their spouse jealous only so they feel better about themselves

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I would not trust the bitch.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

5 stars - for the writing itself - not the message. The woman needed to be sleeping in the spare bedroom for at least a week to reinforce the need for communication, no matter how embarrassing the situation might be.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story, tho I've never heard of one spouse, allowing a cheating one back in the house, it becomes acceptance to that cheating. If they have sex, maybe, but not just living together. However, while I'm happy that the stupid plan to embarrass this guy was the truth & the marriage continued, I think that he should've made her sleep in a different bed- guest room if they had one - for at least a couple days to enforce the danger to the marriage. As important, in response to her relatively coldness she had towards him, her husband. Because he told her of this guy's history & she's spending too much time with him? In the end, 4 stars for the story telling & writing. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. Laughing at the btb commenters got their hackles up. Yes she was stupid and prideful and her comeuppance of Billy fell apart. But there was never any intention to cheat. She got caught in her silly game to embarass Billy and it backfired. Grow up.

ttt59ttt598 months ago

Nope on a couple of levels. If she'd been burned that bad before she'd never put herself in that situation. His threat of divorce was far more than a fun cover up for a surprise party.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0359 months ago

Enjoyed this feel good story, well written.

XluckyleeXluckylee9 months ago

I don't care if the author is man or woman, this is a good story 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great twist for a Slightly stupid wife..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice twist. The rule here is always question and confront. If they really are planning to cheat, you make it that much harder to proceed or break it up entirely out of shame or fear. Doing nothing can lead to runaway catastrophe. If the spouse had nothing planned, it was all a misunderstanding, or something completely different was going on, then at worst you have an argument about lack of trust. You lose all agency when you just sit back and watch. If they have already been having an affair for some time, not relevant to this story, then they have to change strategies, will be scared, and if vigilant, you will catch them in a mistake. Often if really suspicious, using a PI to follow the other guy is better. As you probably get more information. In this story Gord confronted Carla and it resolved the issue quickly, though his wife did not know until the surprise was unveiled. On a separate note, Jess comes off as pretty dumb and a bit prideful.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - i hate practical jokes because someone is always the BRUNT of that 'JOKE' and sometimes it is NOT funny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A sort of good story NOT sure if the author is male or female but SEEMS TO ME THE AUTHOR IS FEMALE all of the assumptions are sort of from a female perspective (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Commenters are too freaking serious. Lighten up. She mad some unwise decisions and her attempted gambit backfired, but she did not betray her husband. Chill. And hubby was worried but then turn things around and played a practical joke to surprise her st a party he already had previously set up. Lighten up people. And she got her punishment by being terrified how things were being misinterpreted and playing out badly. Yeah she lied and should not have, but she did not mean harm to her husband or marriage. She got caught in her own lie and to save face, she kept lying. Is that healthy to a marriage? No. But people have egos and make mistakes. People lie all the time to each other. It is a question of frequency and degree. People who love each other tell white lies all the time. "Does this dress make me look fat?".

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

Good story. No good will come from either of their actions. Hopefully there's still an 11th anniversary.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

4 stars because she deserves punishment for lying to him, regardless of her excuses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've always despised practical jokers and this story serves to remind me why. Also, Jess deserves some degree of censure for dreaming up such a preposterous scheme, for putting herself at such risk in a bar full of drunk, horny men, for doing it behind her husband's back and for lying to him. Not impressed with the outcome.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

well written. think she should walk out and let you explain

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4 star.

She got lucky. Did it never occur to either of these women just how many people have been found guilty on circumstantial evidence alone?

What if her spouse had not been aware of the stupid plan and Billy and his mates had been boozed up and ready to pounce on her? All parties might regret the ensuing trial from that but that wouldn't erase what happened.

Communication is always the name of the game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jess is one dumb ass woman. Her friend goes to the ladies room and still hasn't shown up after over an hour. One would hope she might start wondering why ane begin to connect the dots.

lover1953lover1953about 2 years ago

Great plot twist at the end. 5 stars.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 2 years ago

...and why would anyone want to be friends with a guy like Coombs.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 2 years ago

Jesus, what if Coombs didn't feel like making a quick exit, and to save face in front of his friends, picked up a steak knife and ...this was a bad idea all away around. But it was good read, that's for sure.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Could have gone real bad. I would divorce my wife of 47 years if I saw her, even alone, in a dance hall/bar full of horny men. For any reason or none. Wouldn't think twice.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 2 years ago

Fun little story. Thx

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - there is NEVER a good reason, or time to play a practical joke on anyone.

Just changing a few sentences could turn this story into one more Burn the Bitch, when nothing really happened.

Playing with fire like this, could hurt so many different ways, that I just think it was too dangerous. Just the thought of this practical joke turns my stomach and I've been married to the same woman for more than 1/2 a century.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Huh, this is more of a farce than a story. Like a short inconsequential light play. I guess it is okay.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

oh i enjoyed this one omy this one was a bit diff ty for the read. sure she should have known better after having a cheating lying spouse. but it was still a fun read

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Lego, you're talking about your fans, like me. I really like this story. He smacked her upside her head without doing permanent damage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice try, but . . . sorry, doesn't work for me.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

I kept asking myself, "Why the hell doesn't he phone Carla and let her confirm Jess' story?"

.

GREAT ending! Of course, the legions of no-writing ANONs and BTBs won't like it. In their celibate, fantasy worlds, women all wear chastity belts, a burkha and stay in the kitchen with the rest of the wimminz!

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

Regardless of her intentions she still lied and kept it from her hubby. She deserves far worse than what she received

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nope, first off marrying a cousin/friend’s ex is weird and a bit creepy, especially the part of her still being invited to family events by herself after the divorce.

As for the marriage, when a wife does not take the warnings seriously and even goes behind your back to meet with another man at the very least get a legal separation because of her lack of respect for you

For a confrontation at the restaurant, I would have just dropped the packet watch on the table in front of Billy and said here you go, they are both your’s and walked out. There would be no party at the club as I would have canceled it after hearing the call on Thursday to arrange a meeting

with another man before she was to have dinner with me for our anniversary.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Good story. She deserved a harsher punishment.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGabout 3 years ago
HOW THE FUCK ??????

did this ever get into "loving wives" catagory ? She's a lying cheating slut who should have never spent the whole evening with Billy that first night...

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 3 years ago

Nice surprise. I liked the story and gave it 5 stars. I would also say that husbands and wives should never dance with other people unless specifically approved by the spouse. Dancing is sex standing up. My wife and I are both very good dancers and we go dancing every Friday night until this covid thing. We do not dance with other people. I do not share my wife with other men and she does not share me with other women. That should be a rule with married couples. It is a rule with us and we just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary last year. We are both as happy together now as we were when we first got married,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
funny

i laugh my ass ,when the man shit his pants ,and jess smelt it lol

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago
5*

Secrets always come back to burn you, and if you're lucky it's only a tiny one. Great story, hopefully we see lots more from you.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Friction is evident in all human endeavor. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Secrets can bite you in the ass

Good story

But agree he should have let her handle it and then dinner

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Again, this was a good one with some humor . Good joke, although she might not see it that way tomorow.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
The problem with secrets

Good story. The whole scenario only happened because the wife was arrogant, too proud to tell her husband that he was right. She compounded matters by trying to handle it herself, again not sharing with Harry.

The flip side: Gord shared with Carla. That allowed Harry to reset his plans, and demonstrate that Jess was wrong at each step of the fiasco, with their marriage intact.

You’d think Jess would have been more understanding of Harry’s anger at the golf dinner, since they each had been married to a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

Was as surprised at the ending as was Jess!! She expressed her opinion of the joke with her comment," Happy Anniversary Dear.....you son of a bitch." but if she has a sense of humour, she should appreciate what Harry did to Coombs and the follow through. Great story. 5*****s.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
I just read this story for the second time.

It's fun, but she's going to kill him later. She was wrong, but she won't see the humor in it once the party is over.

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Great story

I didn't see that coming! Well written - a really good yarn.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great story

Don't know about Jess but I sure was surprised. Great little story.

oldephooleoldephooleover 5 years ago
Surprise - Reprise

Great read, Did not suspect the surprise that came.

post a comment before, but I could not see it. I do not know what I might have done wrong

Oldgrump on SOL

oldephooleoldephooleover 5 years ago
Surprise

Great Build Up - Totally surprised by the ending Love the story

Oldegrump on SOL

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago

Well written and believable story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
These are two of the dumbest women alive

How on God's green earth did the two of them think that a plan like this was a good idea? If he hadn't gotten lucky and found out about their hairbrained idea she would be facing her second divorce about now. I can think of three rocks out in my back yard that have more brains than these two women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

Totally beleivable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I didn't like it

This story maligned me and ruined my good reputation. It will be harder to get laid now.

Billy Coombs

(aka tom anon) 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
over the top

A little too much if you asked me. I would have walked out of that "party" pissed. Surprises are nice, but not when you use the heartstrings to set them up. Infidelity is not a trivial matter.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

She got herself in trouble trying that BS. Me I would at least Separation to put one big scare in her that she will not pull her BS again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice story with a wonderful twist

For once I am glad to see married couples push through problems in life. In this story, I the reader see only a so called horn dog named Billy, whom clearly made several attempts through flirting and other means to tempt Jess. The issue I see is not an attempt at committing adultery by Jess or the cover up by Carla which was not ever going to happen. In fact by the comments everyone assumed Jess was about to cheat. In fact Jess was only going to publicly embarrass Billy in front of his friends and the town. The true invisible villain in my mind, Billy may not be the sort of guy to accept humiliation of that level, given the recent rise of violent crimes involving guns or hot tempers, I see Billy as a man that will seek revenge. I see Billy going home, grabbing a gun and stalking out Jess and offering pay back in a deadly and unfortunate situation. The solution would be to ignore such un wanted advances and instead of accepting the drinks and pouring them into a bush, try not even toughing the glasses and leave standing. Soon guys like Billy will get the hint. If Billy became obnoxious and a potential scene was developing then Jess and simply walk away and stand with her husband, perhaps a whisper that Billy is becoming to intrusive and is bothering her. I am sure Harry can take care of little Billy. The surprise, was classic. I really enjoyed the story. 5 stars

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Cute Little Zapper At The End

But Jess definitely deserved the "trick" that was played on her. Agreeing to meet with Mr. Horndog anywhere, any time was a truly bad idea. Especially doing it behind Harry's back....

Harry was in no way a "son of a bitch" -- Jess was a lying cunt who went down a wrong and dangerous path. Without the intervention of friends, it could have been a disaster for her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Cuck a doodle do ....

CageyCUCK shoots off again in his bedroom closet while his three hole cum dump, "Loving Wife" soils their marital bed with another big cock "real man" so CageyCUMSLURPER can post other RAAC literary gem!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NFW

I would of just divorced her. Who need the emotional trouble that she was making.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

stupid shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Only one glitch

I was wondering if Carla was locked in the toilet. His wife never wondered where Carla was, nor claimed to her husband that she was there with her.

As written, the husband takes what he knows is an innocent prank, and scares the shit out of his wife, and why is that? To put her down? To make her beg, even though she had done nothing to deserve it?

When I, the wife and found out he had played a really cruel practical joke on me, I'd dump a water pitcher on his head, or at least want to. At a minimum, I'd give him the cold shoulder for a week.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@vickie_tern huedogg

Split the difference and you have bullseye.

She admits she chose her path because she did not like that she was wrong and husband was right. While justifiably upset about billy's action at dance, husband should not have publicly berated wife. Of course wife should have limited her dancing with creep to only one dance. Actually she should not even had on dance with him. Certainly she should not have lied to husband.

Husband crossed fine line when teaching wife a lesson.

The whole episode would not have taken place, but then we would not have story to nit pick if she had acted in proper manner in first place if she had acted properly in first place.

Knowing sleaze Billy was, while agreeing to one dance and walking to dance floor she tells ol billy to keep hands in respectful place. She does so in no uncertain terms. The second his hand goes to her butt, her hand leaves a bright red imprint on his face. Slapping him so hard everyone hears.

I do not agree with females' belief they are allowed to slap males in retaliation for any comment. However, he was warned and his grabbing her butt is sexual assault and she has right to defend herself.

Too bad liberals and feminsts have convinced the public and the justice system that a husband is no longer allowed to defend the honor of his wife.

WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HAD ANDY JACKSON-ANDREW TO SOME-PRESIDENT JACKSON TO OTHERS-BEEN IN ATTENDANCE WITH WIFE AT DANCE AND HAVE BILLY PAW ANDY'S WIFE.

CHECK HISTORY BOOKS TO READ WHAT SENATOR JACKSON DID TO ANOTHER U.S. SENATOR ON FLOOR OF U.S. SENATE WHEN THE ONE MADE DISPARAGING REMARKS ABOUT OL HICKORY'S WIFE.

NOTHING LIKE A PUBLIC BEATING WITH GOOD OL HICKORY CANE TO STRAIGHTEN A SLEAZE OUT.

MEMORY MIGHT BE FAULTY BUT MY RECOLLECTION IS THE SLANDEROUS SENATOR WAS BURIED A DAY OR SO LATER

YES I KNOW ANDY'S WIFE HAD BEEN A WORKING GIRL BUT THAT WAS BEFORE SHE WAS HIS WIFE

ALWAYS ADMIRED JACKSON FOR HIS CHOICE AND HIS DEVOTION TO HER AND HIS UNFAILING DEFENSE OF HER HONOR

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
Very good...

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5

annony reads everyone of these stories and votes I, he is juts an old fat ugly fag!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

this moron really wrote some stupid shit...

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 8 years ago
i loved this

thank you for sharing.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Another read for me

and I am glad I took the time to do it. Wife is still a stupid, headstrong bitch who will fuck it all up, sooner or later. I read somewhere that this type of "playing" from the wife is "all fun and games until someone has to die" and that's probably really the truth. Headstrong woman and guys in town who not only don't care who they hit on or who sees them do it. And that have a big, bragging mouth can really lead to some bad times for all concerned. It's just a matter of who gets caught doing what and who gets a really strong killing performed on them. And in real life the wife usually doesn't miss out on the retribution, just because the husband can't bring himself to hurt a woman. Seems to me that in some instances women give up that "protection" afforded by chivalry and have to take their lumps like the stupid bitches they are.

Still awful good reading. Thanks.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
PRACTICAL JOKES HAVE AN ADVERSE WAY OF BACKFIRING

even when they dont have an intentions of doing so. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
You Know

I guess once in a while when an alleged cheater says, "It's not what it looks like," just might be telling the truth.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Wife was a stupid, headstrong

bitch who absolutely had no respect for her husband. You don't talk to someone you respect like she did, you don't treat someone you love like she did him and confronting the asshole that half the town thought she was fucking in person to try to

"shame" him is ludicrous at best. I think that the marriage is in serious trouble, just a matter of time before her desire to not let her husband "win" an argument with her by any means possible will surface again and he will have to hurt someone this time. Not worth the effort, shouldn't have to be on guard constantly in your marriage. People deserve to feel secure with the ones they love, not worried about what kind of stupid games they are constantly playing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Could have been a bit tighter. Who's to say that Carla didn't tip Jess off, and that the original intention was to fuck Billy? You could have eliminated that hole by having hubby set the whole thing up from the beginning: recruiting Billy as part of the ruse. Four stars. A fun read.

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
Excellent story

I loved it. I'm a romantic at heart and it made me feel good. I thought we were heading for a BTB ending to a wife that didn't really deserve it, but was pleasantly surprised by the twist.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
This was a fun read!

Was Jess so flummoxed that she did not notice Carla had been in the ladies room for over an hour?

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 10 years ago
This was a great story

It's nice to see that the wife loves her husband and as most women are just to stubborn to admit when her husband is right about something. Nice way to put her straight and show his love for her.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 10 years ago
Did not Care for the Story

Not sure why I did not like it, but both husband and wife seemed to want to hide the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thought that I liked the story, and glad that it ended well; but

anybody who'd already been cheated upon by their previous spouse; would have "extreme" issues with trust (remember; it took them 2+ years to hook up), As well as; "Not without each of us first establishing what we expected out of a marriage and what each of us would do without a moment's hesitation if we didn't get it".

Excuse me; but "how does this fit into the Loving Wives category"? There needs to be a CHEATING / STUPID SPOUSE / SIGNIFICANT OTHER or WTF category added.

I'm a romantic at heart and love happy endings, but this doesn't work for me after mulling it over & over & over. Jess is supposed to be honorable and intelligent; Ha!!

Jess was proud that Harry was a fine upstanding member of the community, an Official at the Club. However; during the "minor incident" at the Club Event, while only having One Drink, she let Billy take advantage of her (bought her 3 drinks / "accidentally" rub his erection against her while dancing); Bull-Honky! Why would she dance with him (a well known Womanizer / Home-Wrecker) in the first place? ("That's a little further than Billie has ever pushed me before") WTH, she'd put up with it before; I don't believe that Harry was aware of this! Exactly "how long" did she think that it was safe to be seen with him before it would cause a scandal? What is her definition of cheating; the line she will not cross? She was humiliated? What about what she'd done to Harry at that dance, talk about humiliation? She never even thought of that! She should've immediately Publicly shut Billy down but she didn't! When Billy contacted her again "twice"; she should've informed Harry. Her actions could have lead to a catastrophic ending due to many unanticipated issues that could have arisen (including the few that were pointed out). Let's see; as was pointed out, meeting Billy at "The Horn" a Bar / Hotel with his "home crowd", yep brilliant. So what if he & his cronies didn't like the outcome of the confrontation, what if they never made it that far? Where was Jess & Carla's safety net? She apparently thought that they'd just walk-away "Scott-Free" and it would be over! OMG it could've gotten ugly!!! Would their dead or mutilated bodies ever be found? Oh yes; besides which of course, nobody knew where they was supposed to know where they were because they'd lied.

She obviously didn't consider the rumor mill (even from the first confrontation) causing embarrassment via the two Ex's, the extended families, their friends, neighbors, towns folk, etc... hmmm - which would at minimum, result in a complete loss of credibility.

I just noticed; Carla picked up Jess & Gord picked up Harry .... interesting!! Why wouldn't Harry have picked up Gord since they were supposed to be going to the party later! Harry & Jess were going to get a ride home, or to the club?? It's stated "We arrived at the club and the parking lot was full", but how?

A few readers missed something in the story; Harry overheard Jess when she was on the phone with Billy and then talked with Gord. In the meantime Jess & Carla made their plans. Harry & Gord did NOT know "the plan", only of the meeting. At that point they both thought that Carla was helping Jess cheat! They both found out about the plan after it was already in motion. These readers missed that Gord had later grilled Carla, then passed it on to Harry on their way to The Horn.

BTW; Harry heard the conversation on Thursday, he did not immediately cancel the party so he hadn't given up on her. Plus; he was still getting "all of his ducks in a row" even as he and Gord were following the "up to this point" treacherous back-stabbing, cheating wives

Of course; Carla and Gord's relationship would've been hurt badly is she were in fact helping Jess cheat. Gord was under the assumption from Friday night to sometime Saturday afternoon that this was the case, for surely he informed Harry of "the girls plan" as soon as he could to relieve his concerns. She did in fact lie, we don't know how that ended up.

Admittedly; only a card and flowers would not be acceptable, but DUH she asked for a party; planning a 10 (especially after their history), 25, or 50 year Anniversary Event would almost always include family and friends, so of course a weekend would be required since very few could attend if they had to drive more than a hour or so and then go to work on Thursday. I'm actually surprised that a "Renewing the Vows Ceremony" wasn't included to prove Harry's commitment to her. Talk about "foot in mouth" for Jess!!

Um, let's see "Mission Accomplished", so Billy was embarrassed, but at Harry's expense because now everyone thinks that she did in fact cheat on him. Sorry; but it doesn't add-up! The only way that I can see Harry "Saving Face"; would have been to walk into the Anniversary Party, telling everyone that it was off & why!! OOPs; scratch that; he should've made Jess tell everyone!!

Absolutely hilarious "Love Always, Jenny" engraved on the back!! ROFLMAO

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
as i read this story over and over i feel the wife has played the husband

and is either has been or was planning to have an affair with Billy

she comes across as a cheating slut

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Nice twist at the end

I really lliked it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well,

They sure did embarass me in front of my posse. Only thing that made it worth it was fucking Jess the week before. That was good tight pussy. Don't believe me? I've got the pictures and I'm going to show them to Jess soon and give her a chance to buy them back--once ass fuck per picture. Then I'll send them to that asshole Harry before I leave town. But first, I'm going to get more of Carla.

Billy Coombs

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
Troubling but great story

The story was great the husband and wife seemed to have a troubling sense of trust or maybe they were just rolled into this as the author presented more of the manipulate wife's view of the surprise anniversary plot. Perhaps the husband really in fact had blanket trust and pummeled her emotions with his ploy at making her surprise more effective. The fact that the husband's perspective as presented was inconsistent with the ploy was troubling in drawing a clear logic to the story allowing the ambience of the wife's plan in doubt and the husband's plan not clear. It for interesting reading due this apparent flaw but in the final analysis detracted from the feel good element of the story. The reader had to endure the drama without a clear vision as to what the reality of the characters were in fact. This convolution is always troubling and waters down the climax of the story. However, the story ended well and it carried a great theme. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Humorous- BUT

While this is funny, I know I wouldn't be amused if my spouse decided to meet a known woman chaser- especially when she KNEW his goal was getting her into bed. I also may be old fashioned, but some guy trying to cop a feel of my wife's ass on the dance floor is NOT a minor or unimportant thing. I keep my hands to myself around women, and I require the same standard from my spouse. IF my wife allowed some guy to play with her butt- I would consider that in itself to be cheating.C

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
I Would Have Done This One W/O The Twist

She lied & publicly humiliated her husband, even though she knew his feelings about Billie. Does this relationship really have a solid future? Probably not.. I would have preferred you explored the original path; despite her intentions, doesn't she realize that she is jeopordizing her marriage? She went out of her way to deceive & stick-it to her husband. I believe there are more issues here than the text illustrates. Nicely written.

PatsyPoohPatsyPoohalmost 12 years ago
Loved it

Great story, I kept thinking where did Carla go, obviously she was in on it but surely Jess would have called her for an alibi.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Not Bad

He really put her thru the ringer for the party. Shit, I didn't like her anyway.

HA

rvwsrvwsover 12 years ago
Loved it

I can always count on you for a good LW story.

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Nice Twist.

Only Problem is, which is in no way your fault, that because it was only 2 pages it was clear that there has to be some kind of catch. Would the story play out as it was set up, it would have been much longer. That ruined a little my surprise but other than that good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good twist at the end, but your grammar is lousy.

Your story was concise and got where it was going in good time. I did think our hero put Jess through a little too much, but...

The use of the Incorrect Personal Pronoun

I can, however, find you guilty of the very common error of confusing the usage of "me" and "I". I won't go into the theory of case usage, objective case vs subjective case, but I can tell you a very simple way to use the correct pronoun. (That is if you or anyone else really cares about this.) Everyone seems to think it is very sophisticated and correct to use "I" all the time, but it is not correct. The way to tell is to look at the sentence and eliminate the other noun or pronoun and just listen to whether it sounds right or not. For example: "Jenny and I went to the store". Take out "Jenny" and you have "I went to the store." Sounds right, doesn't it? You would never say: "Me went to the store", so "I" is indeed the correct pronoun. On the other hand if you said: "Marty sold the car to Jenny and I." You would drop out the Jenny again and would be left with: "Marty sold the car to I." This is clearly incorrect and should be "Marty cold the car to me" or in the extension to the original: "Marty sold the car to Jenny and me". This is indeed the correct usage. I could tell you that you should always use "me" after a preposition, but that might be a little too technical.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous