All Comments on 'Hesitating Leanne Ch. 01'

by 69junkie

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Brad's Cane

I find myself slightly confused by the part where Brad took a "3' dowel and cut a 2"4' piece". I'm not entirely familiar with the system of using ' and " to indicate measurements, and I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to imagine the cane and that ruined my enjoyment of the story for a bit. It would perhaps be a bit more helpful if you could use the metric system (cm would be nice) or write out in full the measurements in inches and feet.

Still, once I got over my initial hangup about his cane (I love canes, so details like this are more important to me than they really should be), I did enjoy the story (except for where you described the 'slash of his cane', since that sounded way too violent for a first-time BDSM scene).

Anyways, loved the story, but what happened to chapter 2?

69junkie69junkieabout 11 years agoAuthor
Feedback to 'Brad's Cane' (Anonymous, 02/17/13)

A special thanks for your comment of 02/17/13; and for your attentive eyes :-)

I apologize for a very foolish mistake - the respective line should have read:

...a length of 3” dowel and (he) cut a 2”4' piece... Eew - I'm terribly sorry!

Now on to the explanation: 3” stands for 3 feet, and 2”4' stands for 2 feet 4 inches.

That means - in metrics - that Brad bought a piece of ~ 90 cm length and cut off ~ 20 cm, resulting in a 'useful' length of ~ 70 cm for the cane.

------

On to your second 'concern':

I'm not familiar with BDSM, on the contrary - I judge (especially) the 'hard' stuff to be disgusting, nothing less than that. I would never hurt a woman, I simply can't, just the idea contradicts my moral principles. That implies, of course, that I'm not familiar with the terminology; thus I had no idea that 'slash' would sound too rowdyish. And again I have to apologize - I just relied on my lady's expertise. My fault.

I'd thought that my 'Author's Note' made clear that this is not MY story, but an idea and the work of a (former) dear friend of mine.

She'd submitted her story's first chapter to LitE years ago; being displeased with the attention and ratings she got she was beset by doubts when it came to her writing ability, so she decided to delete her LitE account - and the story was lost to the world.

Some later she begged me to be her (voluntary) editor, and asked if her story was worthy trying to improve; I edited it and tried to convince my lady that it were much too good to get dusty in a cabinet. We discussed, and discussed but still she was unsure; in the end I decided that the easiest way to convince her might be to submit the story once more, now on my account, but as 'her publisher'.

Now, the result was convincing, indeed; the (edited, and partly revised) story got the attention it deserved, and the ratings surprised even my lady. Nonetheless she begged me to omit additional efforts; well... a lady is still a lady, and I followed her directive, of course.

Therefore I'm afraid that I'd never get her allowance to submit the following chapters.

Might be better anyway; the story is completely edited and in principle ready to submit, but in regard of your diction and your concern I assume that you most likely wouldn't really like to read the remaining chapters. They include repulsive scenes and procedures... I had to force myself to finish the edit.

Well, hoping that I could answer your question comprehensively, I remain

yours, Bernd,

-aka 69junkie-

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous