Highland Pack Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Andrew was speechless. At that moment, he had a call. Bertrand and Ryelle were mobilizing. His friends from neighboring countries sent messages pledging their support. Just as he look up, several dragons from Laird Maclean landed.

Baako and his brothers waited. Silently Andrew nodded. "The men smiled and went to join the betas. Baako stopped as Gina still looked forlorn. He sent a private message to his brothers. I'm fighting with Gina. This pack has earned our loyalty. Alpha Parks could have ordered us to leave, but he welcomed us. For that alone, we fight. But Gina is my priority. If anyone tries to harm my mate, then I will deal with them. The brothers shared a look, and nodded. They would protect their future sister. Not one hair on her head would be harmed.

Moving to her, Baako took her hand. She trembled. Gina looked at the handsome man, fear tainting the taste on her tongue. The Madam Alpha called, and she reluctantly let him go. Baako watched. His heart hammered in his chest. He would make sure that after this conflict, his mate would never fear for her safety again.

Mari, Suni, and Savia joined the females as Madam Gao called them to meet with her. Gina then went to see the dragon alpha bitch. Baako did not move as she walked away.

Gao was worried. She had strong females and she knew they could hold their own. Yet, she suspected that the enemy was great this time. So many others had an issue with their pack. Why can't they just leave us alone? she questioned.

Then she thought of Inuit. Yes the elimination of the Ming Clan left them displaced, but it was not that many Ming dragons living. However, she understood how alone, scared, and forgotten Inuit felt. She too had a hard time adjusting after the loss of her brother. She remembered Andrew holding her many nights as she grieved him. Back then, it never occurred to her that Inuit and other members of the clan hurt so much.

She would try to help Inuit, but not to the detriment of her family. She sent to the childcare takers that they were to keep the kids with them all day until she issued other orders. Then she met with her females. Andrew had already told the betas and was strategizing with Laird MacLean. She wanted to brief the females.

Gao watched her warriors. They were a mixture of women from three different packs. The women from Jackson were strong, beautiful. They were natural fighters. The women from Kingsley were just as formidable. They weren't as broad-shouldered as the Jackson pack females, but their lives were more sedate than those women. Gao knew they were skilled and swift. The next group of women came over from England. The women were trained British soldiers. Gao then looked around as more females filed in. Their pack was small, barely 20 females in all, several were expecting and could not fight, so special plans had to be in place to secure them. Gao already knew, their estate was a fortress. The children and pregnant females would stay inside the alpha home until the conflict was resolved.

"We are here, Madam Alpha. Give us our orders. A head female dragon from Clan MacLean stated as a small band of vicious fighters filed in. Gao smiled as the dragons from the Clan MacLean filled the room. Standing with them was her sister of her heart Ciara. Ciara was not a warrior but a seer.

She hugged her sister as Gao began to speak. She was a fighter, and would lead the women when Ciara spoke.

"Gao, you can't. You're dragon. If you fight the Weres, the others council could see that as criminal." Ciara explained.

Gao faced her friend, confused. "What, Ciara, that makes no sense. These people have threatened our home. They are a threat to my children. I have a God-given right to protect my family. If I have to destroy every other Were pack to do so. I will." She was done listening.

The females felt a sense of pride at having such a strong alpha female. Soon Suni spoke. "We stand with you Madam Gao."

Ciara was silent as her mates sent her a wave of love. They were talking with their brothers and were too concerned with this threat. They knew Ciara feared for Gao. She had been trying to get to the fortress ever since she learned of Inuit's existence.

Mari and Suni moved to Ciara. She was their sister, and also a were shifter. She understood the need to protect ones family. But the thought of Gao or anyone being hurt haunted her. Goa sent, Ciara, I will be fine. I have not existed all of these centuries not knowing how to take care of myself. When we fight, we will destroy our enemies this time.

Ciara nodded. Aidan and Layton told her that Gao had to fight this time. She would not be dissuaded. Yet, Ciara had to try anyway. The women visited when Ciara noticed Stork. Her blood ran cold. Stork was not a threat, but another demon. This demon wanted Stork and the attack on the pack was to help him get his hands on the demon.

"Gao, tell Andrew to let the dragons help in this battle. It's about something other than the makeup of this pack I'm not sure, but this fight feels evil." Ciara whispered.

Gao was stunned, silent. Andrew, she sent. Ciara saw something. We need to proceed with caution.

Layton and Aidan sent hugs to their mate. Andrew sent calming thoughts to Gao, but the women were all too aware that this war was about more than it appeared to be. Gao then began assigning roles. The Kingsley pack and Jackson pack paired up. The British fighters knew the landscape and each joined a team. With a strategy in place. Gao messaged her mate. The alpha pair felt pretty confident. Andrew knew his mate was the strongest female alpha, and nothing would keep them from defending their family.

The males dispersed with Conor receiving a call from Anton. He didn't sugarcoat anything. Anton reacted immediately. He contacted his coven and Matthias. The vampires convened at Gus's home.

Matthias was alerted immediately. Ever since the attack when his brother first arrived in the area, he was questioning. He knew that whoever was behind this had nefarious reasons. It wasn't hard to learn that whomever it was knew of Stork's plans to leave stateside. Now, he learned that the very pack that offered his brother sanctuary was under siege. This had nothing to do with wolves or other were-creatures, but everything to do with his brother being there.

Anton was speaking, Gus was ready to go, as was Griffin who stood with his friends. "I'll call the Czar of China. He has sway with the others in his region. If he stops his Weres, then that will give us time to connect with the other countries in that area."

"Elder Svennick, how long have you known about this?" Matthias asked. Everyone was tense. His stance was tense, but Anton faced him knowing he would question.

"I didn't want you to worry. That's why I arranged the trip, but somehow, my plans were leaked. They are protected Matthias. Laird MacLean will not allow anyone to harm them on his lands. " Anton explained.

Mathias stood. He needed return to the Highlands. Stork was there and he was in danger. The MacGregor Pack was being threatened as well.

Valkyrie stood, and Matthias faced her. "Val, stay here with Astredon. I am going to protect Stork." He prepared to vanish, but he was not alone.

Anton spoke, "We all are going tonight. If it is war they want, then that's what we will bring." The two covens vanished to Conor's castle.

At the MacGregor compound, Andrew and Gao met with all of the pack members. He believed in full disclosure, and welcomed his guest. The pack had to face conflict, and as his guest they had the right to choose to leave before conflict began.

"Soon the women discussed strategy and plans. Andrew had already told her the men would lead the men. Gao and the women were providing backup. Andrew consulted with Jamal Sims, and other alphas to help plan a strategy. He did not want to lose any warriors, but in a fight death happened.

Mari and Suni took on different roles. Mari helped secure the women and children. She made sure they had provisions to last at least six months. Suni worked with her and devised an escape plan. If needed, the pack would travel to Castle MacLean. Caitlyn agreed and she assigned her dragons to help man the escape route.

*****

Inuit knew something was going on. Kade left quickly and the guards whispered about the pack being attacked. They mentioned a plan to evacuate the women and children. Inuit listened. She needed to alert Myles. It seemed her lover was moving along without her.

The guards watched her closely as Inuit closed her eyes. She needed to contact her lover. She'd never contacted him mentally, and was unsure it would work, but she sent the thoughts and news of the strategies the wolves were implementing.

Myles was napping when he received a message from the dragon. He could have answered, but he had no use for her anymore. She would be collateral damage as far as he was concerned.

Mercul, once the warriors engaged, we need to get into the alphas' home. The dragons plans to evacuate their weak. We will use their weak and children to bring this pack to its knees. Myles smiled.

Mercul grinned. He'd love to slaughter a pack of weak bitches. This was what he'd been waiting for. RaNul sensed his contentment and smiled. This was a chance to connect with his son. He had to awaken the demon that was kept buried. Finally, Renuz would come home.

Myles smiled. Maybe, Inuit was useful after all. If the pack was engaged in the field, he could take over the heart of the pack. The Macgregor Pack would end, and knowing Mathias and his coven, they'd be ready to join. Then he could destroy both coven leaders, kill the demon freak, and establish his dominance over the vampires in his region.

Myles smiled, Matthias would suffer. Knowing his half-breed bastard brother would become demon. He wanted to savor the moment that Matthias witnessed his biggest failure. He hoped that the demon slaughtered them starting with Valkyrie, Matthias wife. Valkyrie Svennick hated him, and her death would destroy Matthias. That was his most secret desire, to see his former coven member suffer.

Meanwhile, at the home of the dragon laird, Conor awaited his guest. The vampire covens arrived and Stuart joined them. The dragons would not interfere in the fight, unless circumstances deemed it necessary. Andrew had to fight this was with the other Weres, so they would stand down.

Matthias stood. He made no such promises. If Stork came under attack, he was destroying anyone that threatened his brother.

Conor met with the elder vampires, Anton and Stuart Andrew joined them and the men talked. Matthias went to the Macgregor compound. He had to see Stork and Belinda.

As the men talked, Conor interjected once more. He explained the situation as best he could. Conor had dragons out scouting and they knew that several packs were poised to attack. He explained to Andrew that as Laird of the land, he could call a halt to this and no one would bother the pack again. Besides, these wolves had constantly found reasons to attack this pack. The Macgregor Pack was under his protection and it was time for others to realize such.

"Conor, thank you, but we must face this enemy. Until we face them, they will keep coming after us. I'm tired Conor, after the last visit, I thought we had gotten past this. I was wrong. I have talked, used diplomacy, given in to every ridiculous request. I'm not groveling anymore. I know letting the dragons destroy them would be easy, but then we will become the most hated of all packs. We must stand up for ourselves. " Andrew explained.

Conor listened. Kade stood with him. He understood exactly what Andrew was saying. Kade also recalled what was said by Inuit at the meeting earlier that morning. The dragon knew more than she let on. He wanted to interrogate her. He sat and listened. Sending to two of his guardsmen, he ordered, Secure, Inuit. Make sure she does not leave.

They answered, and he sat in on the rest of the meeting as the alpha and dragon laird talked. Soon someone knocked and they were joined by others. Conor heard from his scouts and they expected an attack within a few days. Andrew called his men, and they took position.

He returned home to find his guest waiting. Stork and Belinda had questions.

Belinda could tell something was happening with the women. Madam Alpha Gao was polite, but it was clear she was distracted. She also realized that it was late and the children had not been brought back out. Stork, something is wrong. she sent. Stork agreed. This pack gave them sanctuary from the moment they landed. When Belinda was attacked, Alpha Parks and his betas stood up. He still had no clue what creature attacked his wife, but Laird MacLean assured him they would find this guy. Stork knew whatever it was that plagued his new friends; they were not facing it without him.

Meanwhile, Anton visited his friends Stuart. He knew of a planned attack and was not surprised to learn of the countries sending Weres. He suspected the Weres were being manipulated. Stuart agreed, and the other vampire leaders were called on. Anton learned that Ezra had some disgruntled coven members, two in particular Myles and Mercul. He knew. He also knew that if something befell Stork and Belinda, Mathias and his sons would descend on every wolf that sat foot in Scotland.

Myles was ready. For the first time in decades, he was about to inherit everything that was rightfully his. He learned that the invading alphas were poised to attack, and he knew that Stork would definitely fight. Inuit was his eyes and ears, and she reported that the covens from Americas had arrived

"Russia and Korea are in place. China retreated. Elder Svennick interfered. Korea and Russia have questions." Myles reported to Mercul.

Mercul had a special meeting. You see, even though Myles had his reasons. Mercul worked for another being. "RaNul, the attack takes place tomorrow. He will fight. The Weres told him to stay at the alpha compound, but your son refuses to let his friends fight alone."

Mercul hissed. "We have a deal demon. I deliver your son, and you give me control over the Americas."

RaNul looked at the vampire before him. He had no respect for that particular creature. Bloodsuckers were vile and loved to think they were superior. She was the same. Ezra was one of the worse. He took great pleasure in impregnating the elder vampire's whore of a wife. RaNul smiled. He had waited decades to get this close to the boy. That damn vampire shielded him. Even after he passed away, he could not get his hands on his son. He smiled as he recalled the moment the vampire bitch conceived. She feared her husband's reaction, but in the end her hatred won. He was forced to leave and his son grew up as a vampire. RaNul sneered; his son was not vampire, but Nemyra. He would use this opportunity to draw out the demon and then reveal to his boy his new name, Renuz, which meant demon seed.

If the others survived, he could care less. His only concerned was his son, Renuz. Since the boy's arrival in the Highlands, he watched him. He was weak and the female he married took away his strength. He'd have that bitch killed, then his son would turn. After his son devolved, Renal would reveal himself to him.

Andrew led the battle. By his side was his mate, Gao. She was magnificent. She moved swiftly, vanquishing enemy after enemy. Andrew was confident. He did not fight alone. He had the best warriors from four different continents as well as vampires, and dragons backing them up.

Russia was stationed, ready to attack. North Korea took position as well. The two bands surrounded the land. Andrew sent orders and his soldiers spread out. Myles, and Mercul watched. They waited for a pack to strike.

No one moved, everyone frozen in time. RaNul watched. He needed chaos. He needed to feed. He needed them to fight so he could call Renuz forward. Yet, the army's did not move. RaNul sent a thought, causing two warriors to strike and soon the other's engaged in full combat. RaNul greedy soaked up their souls. No one would leave this battle alive and soon his son would stand by his side.

Facing each other, the wolves were defended their home. The invading wolves realized they were not expecting this to happen. This pack did not fight alone. Several bands turned to flee, but RaNul needed their energy, so he sent warriors after them. As the wolves and others slaughtered each other, RaNul fed.

The alphas of the invading pack wanted to scream foul. They had questions and it was learned that the informants worked for one vampire they soon learned that Anton's coven join the wolves, along with Caspian. They were doomed.

For the first time, Stork and Matthias fought side by side.

The visiting wolves fought with MacGregor as well.

Something is wrong, Andrew sent. Stork vanished immediately. Gao led the women. She left Suni and Mari at the alpha home. They were monitoring and protecting the women and children. She shifted to her dragon and took flight.

Andrew had to concentrate when one of his children screamed. Gao, go home. He ordered. The Alpha dragon vanished home to find her home under siege. She attacked, but had to surrender. His children were terrified.

Gao vanished home to find destruction. Guards were strewn across the yard, dead. Her children were terrified. The women that were supposed to be evacuated to safety were in deep pain and despair. Gao entered, and took charge immediately.

"How dare you come into our home and..." She stopped as the man she approached grabbed one of the expecting she wolves and broke her neck. He then grabbed another and smiled, "One more word, Madam alpha and I will kill this one too."

Never one to back down, Gao began move, to defend their home, to speak when the vampire bit another pregnant female, killing her instantly. She went mute. To keep her family alive, she had to go along with his demands.

Myles loved it. The alpha bitch had no choice but to do what he said. Gao wanted to call her mate, but he needed to focus. She had to do something. They had to escape. Belinda was sitting and she was terrified. Normally, she would not be so meek, but she had recently discovered that she was expecting. Andrew saw Stork. His men were needed, but whatever forced his mate to mute their bond had to be dealt with. Looking around, he saw Stork fighting beside his brother. He needed him to go to the castle. Andrew called out, "Stork, go to the house." Stork looked up and upon seeing the distraught look on the alpha's face, he nodded. Matthias was a skilled fighter, and would be fine. Stork vanished. The invading enemy had made short work of the guards, he found the women and children. A man, a vampire he knew would perish, held his Belinda; she cried.

Stork advanced, and she sent. "Stork, stop. Don't move. He will kill... I don't. ... Please don't provoke him "

Stork froze. He listened and then heard the faintest heartbeat. This bastard threatened to harm his wife and child. Whoever he was, he died today.

Belinda, don't worry. He sent.

Miles laughed, "A Nemrya demon, you are a disgrace. No wonder your father never claimed you." Miles smiled as realization dawned.

"What, really?" He sneered at Belinda. "A baby monster, ha, we don't need any more mixed up bastard's like you being born. I'm doing the world a favor."

Extending his talons, he ripped into Belinda lower stomach. Stork devolved with his demon in full control as he attacked Myles. Mercul, upon seeing the full Nemyra demon, tried to run, but the dragons had made it through at this point and stopped him.