All Comments on 'Highsider'

by aka_Mike

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
?

???

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 8 years ago
Huh

Dumped in the middle of a story with no backstory?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Why can't people read,

"I'll try to make this series self-existing ___so that the need to read "Long Road" is not entirely necessary, _____ however _____ new readers should keep in mind that this is a continuation of the aforementioned series."

There it is in Black and White.

And now I too am going back to catch up on the long road. .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Savannah is the city. I realize this is a follow up but is little more than a scene

I hit 2* it came out 5, sorry it will rate higher than it should. I don't like very short stories that are serial that basically go nowhere.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
more passion and throughness in recounting career highlights then romantic ones

The career part was good. The latter was willfully obscure. Is this a series? Hopefully questions can be answered. Unrated until that fine day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
2*s

Not much sense to this scene from a young soldier's life. Gave it 2*s.

What was the point of this?? Looks like it was posted in the wrong category.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Made little or no sense

Since he wasn't married why is this in LW? The sex was mediocre and the rest of the story was uninteresting. Why bother?

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Cliff's Note Version

I would love a Cliff's notes' version of what happened before this story's narrative began. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What

Must be the pain pills. *1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hooked

I haven't anything else by you, yet. But this hooked me. Pay no attention to the category purists. I'm interested in what happens next - as well as what led up to this.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
All there is or only chapter 1?

Neither option is very good. If this is all there is, it's not much. If this is only chapter 1, a chapter number in the title to warn people this is not a complete story is just common courtesy. Not including one implies indifference.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
A good read...

A good read...I liked it for now, but I think this is far from the end...3*

user110user110about 8 years ago
what?

you couldnt find any other way to end the chapter?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 8 years ago
Concur with ANON 'All there is?..'

Common courtesy to notify We-The-Readers that a story is part of a series. Some like to hold off and read 'the whole thing!' at one sitting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Commenters are right

They pay really big money to read these stories. I think they should only have to pay a portion of the fee when all segments are not posted. Or edited.

livetoreadlivetoreadabout 8 years ago
Sigh....unfinished story!

I would love to say that this is a well written story, with detailed images. I would love to point out that I noticed very few editing errors. I would love to say the main character was well developed. Although no one else is. Unfortunately I can't say any of those things because the story broke off almost mid sentence!

I can count one one hand the times I've agreed 100% with annon! TELL YOUR READERS THAT THIS IS A SERIES!!! And then break the story at a logical chapter break..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

you need to stop writing. characters aren't likable, plots are uninteresting, writing is bad, confusing and absolutely messy. just stop.

rnebularrnebularalmost 8 years ago
Brutal comments

Sheesh, annony went cray cray over this one. He did say it was a serious, it is a continuation of a previous story, and hell these are some very deep and realistic characters. In fairy tales, the characters can be two dimensional and the story still works. These are some gritty, imperfect people, and I love it. Keep up the good work!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
"The Long Road"

You say this is a continuation of "The Long Road", but it's not necessary to read that first.

While I can sort of understand that, it still seems a little illogical!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hoping for a better story than The Long Road

Enlisted personnel did attend Ranger Indoctrinaction Program and were subsequently assigned to one of the then three Ranger Battalions. However, enlisted personnel do not attend Ranger School after RIP and befo re being assigned to a battalion. Normally they will attend Ranger School after having been in the battalion for a year or so. Once again all of this information is unclassified and very easily obtained online.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Short

Short vignette, hope to read.more. Need to know about the brother.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's confusing as hell

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous