Honorable Infidelity - Second Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm so sorry honey, I wish this had never happened. I want my family back together. Grace does nothing but cry and it's bothering Melanie. Steven mopes around the apartment and refuses to talk to me or Grace. Your dad doesn't understand why getting divorced from Grace has soured you on Steven but he has a pretty good idea and is pissed at Steven and refuses to talk to him. Nobody is happy and I just had to try to do something to change it. You understand that don't you, Tom? I just had to," Mom said as she broke down crying.

I got up from my chair and put my arms around her. I wanted to tell her that it would be OK but I couldn't do that. I so wanted her to be happy since she was one of the two innocent people in this whole mess, her and Melanie. I felt bad about Melanie, I really did, but as a single guy I knew I couldn't get custody of her and she needs her mother. I got up and sat back in my chair.

"I'm sorry I can't give you what you want, Mom. I wish I could, but I can't. Both of them thought so little of me that they didn't feel they could come to me with their concerns. They felt that they had to do something without my knowledge that they knew was going to affect more than just the two of them. Their problem, and mine, was that they felt they could do it twice. I wish them both well, Mom, but I can't say that they don't deserve what they've got."

I got up from my chair and kissed my mom on the head. I walked out the door a second time to the sound of tears.

*****

I'm settled in my new place in Georgia now and life is going along smoothly. The new promotion has done wonders for me as I'm so busy I don't have much time to think about my personal life. I call home once a month and Mom is careful never to say too much about Grace or Steve. She does tell me that little Melanie is doing well, she's walking better now and she's talking better too. I'm glad to hear that, she didn't ask to get involved in this mess. I plan to set up a college fund for her but Grace isn't going to know about it. She didn't contest the divorce nor did she ask for child support, though her lawyer told her she was crazy. I'm using some of the child support money I figure I would have paid for the college fund, she should be able to go to Harvard if she wants.

Do I miss Grace? You bet I do. Do I miss Steven? Yeah, I have to say I do. Would I take either of them back? NO WAY! When your wife screws you over with your own brother it breaks way too many bonds of trust, bonds that not even family ties can fix.

The End

Copyright November 2006 by fdkman262