All Comments on 'House of Cards Ch. 08'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I wonder

I wonder how many comments this one will get?

As for me I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Sure enough - you did it!

I'm sure that some of your critics will go off the freakin' deep-end because Tom really cheated. Sounded like a rather therapeutic fuck to me.

Reconciliation or not - the process of two people getting on with their lives is fascinating. And you're doing a great job of addressing, indirectly at least, the problem of the marriage being restored to its former state (if ever) and that's really the issue of trust.

Maybe this should have been posted under novels/novellas. LeBroz

noone269noone269almost 19 years ago
It's crashing.

You can be a great writer, but you have got to end this story now. the story line has gotten away from you and now it's dragging.

It's good to see that he got some payback instead of relying on "Carrie", but I gotta say I think Tom is really starting to be an unlikable character. I think he's an asshole personally, and I hope that Marianne finds out the truth and ends it. This whole "Carrie Affair" which doesn't exist is really a mistake. If he wanted Marianne to suffer, then why not do it for real? Now he has Andrea and Steve lying for him, and it's going to blow up in his face. You now have two unlikable main characters, Tom the asshole and Marianne the slut, and the pace of this story makes a turtle look like Speedy Gonzalez.

You still haven't dealt with any major issues, is she still talking to Eddie? What about Eddie's responsibility? How does Tom feel about Eddie's use of his pet name for his wife? What about Eddie and Marianne's affectionate intimacy? That's just four of the issues that have just been touched on briefly and then tossed by the wayside.

Also the story is now really starting to drag, can't you do longer chapters? This chapter really did nothing to advance the story, ok he got some payback and his rage at his wife popped up again for the umpteenth time. Wait a minute, now he has decided to let his wife COOK for him again! Wow! That's a HUGE development! I don't mean to be cruel, but COMEON!! Give us something more!

I am going to stick with this story out of sheer curiousity, but it's going downhill. I certainly hope something of significance happens in chapter 9, because if it doesn't then this story is going to crash and burn. I am now convinced that you should have ended the story with Tom divorcing Marianne and getting some form of payback on Eddie. That right there was would have made a very good five chapter story, but now we are on chapter eight and there is no end in sight. It's obvious that you got carried away with the storyline and the implied challenge when you read all the comments about how there is no way we could see a reconciliation, now you are left with a mess.

I'll say it again, you have the potential to be a great writer, but you really made a mistake with the reconciliation angle. Next time make sure that you plan things out in advance and make sure that the story is consistent throughout. Also be sure that you don't make either main character completely unlikable before you try get them back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I liked this story

up to this point. The writting was good and it had a good plot. Now, Tom is making Marianne suffer too much. So he slept with another woman in Atlanta, but two wrongs do not make one right. He is now as guilty as her for sleeping around. Now the shoe is on the other foot and sooner or later Marianne will find out and hell hath no furry like a woman spurned. If you keep pushing Marianne away from Tom, you might push Marianne and Tom apart forever. Then the kids will be the ones to suffer. Marianne, seek a divorce attorney and tie up all of the assets before Tom has a chance to liquidate them for you and the kids sake. Tom is another snake in the grass. You never know, Marianne might have set up the whole thing in Atlanta. Marianne, seek revenge on Tom if you did.

DeadWouldDeadWouldalmost 19 years ago
Ah well

saved me from writing my own comment.

noone269 said it all so well.

This story is getting away from the author,and it started out with so much promise.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
He Should Have Called Her Anni

He should have called Kristen Anni to get back at Marianne. Kidding.

Honestly, the story in this chapter started to look too realistic to be intersting. It is now like a subset of a soap concentrating on two people. We have no idea where the story is going and how long it is going to take to get there. And by being a soap, it will have too many uninteresting, stand-still episodes and parts thereof.

I bet the author albeit talented no longer knows where the story is going. He does not have any more clue than the rest of us, and that is a bad sign.

I am haging around to see where it is going but with much less interest than before. I no longer feel a rush when I see that a new episode is out. I no longer read with interest. I skip most of the stuffing paragraphs. The erotic scenes in this story are out of place. They are a waste of time. The only thing I remember is that she waked him up with a blowjob and that he finally fucked her doggy style. I did not pay any attention to the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Problem

The fundamental problem with this story is that it started out of the gate with Marianne acting horribly. Then, with each new chapter, the depth of her betrayal and lack of empathy was revealed to be even greater, yet Tom ineplicably grew more determined to get back together with her. Now Tom is behaving badly.

So we really have no reason to like or care for either character. We've never seen their good sides, and in fact, the bad side to Marianne is so bad, she acts so heartlessly and thick, still utterly failing to understand what she's done unless he treats her like a two year old and does the exact same thing to her, that I have a hard time believing she could even have a good side.

As a result, I used to be very emotional agitated about what happened to these two, but the more we learn more about them, the more I simply don't care what happens to them. I'll probably keep reading out of emotional internia, but my interest is less with each new part. What does it matter if he gets back with Marianne? She seems to be such a selfish, self-centered bitch that he'd be far better off with someone else. And why should I care about Tom, when he acts so strangely wimpy, for instance not caring one bit about the way Eddie was trying to throw the cheating in his face, and acts so strangely stupid, for instance completely trusting Marianne now despite her recently proven untrustability.

These kinds of problems were pointed out in countless reader feedback comments, but the author has chosen to ignore all that feedback and get the story out as fast as possible, for some inexplicable reason. That's too bad, because it could have been so much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
So far, so good

Got a tough sell here; I bet everyone wants a one chapter "special."

Now the chat with the kids set for tomorrow night should be something. Do the parents start to let the kids down gently, even though they're in their early teens? And, of course, the trust issue will be there for a long time to come. He implies as much here in this chapter when he again doubts that the marriage will ever be the same. you think?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
HARDLY INTERESTED ANYMORE

I hardly read this chapter.Skipped through most of it.Read just a few paragraphs out of the hole two pages.Loosing intersest in this story,which is to bad cause it started great.There are alot of loose ends and alot of holes in this story still.The main one is the use of the husband's pet name for his wife by eddie.Dragging to much.

gusteufgusteufalmost 19 years ago
Disaster in the making !

There is a part of me that likes that Tom has got payback. But, I do not like that part of myself. Tom has lost any high ground he had. They are still married, Tom keeps telling himself that he loves Marianne and wants to save the marriage. What he has done is every bit as bad as what she did, and what can he justify it with, "You did it first"? When he talks to Marianne, will he say "Oh that story about Carrie, I just looked you in the eyes and lied, but WOW you should have seen this little swede I banged!"

I enjoy good revenge stories, but not when it brings the victim down to the culprits level. No matter what Marianne has done, legally and ethicly Tom is an adulterer. He has nulified anything Marianne has done. Now, I know alot of people will scream that Marianne deserved worse, and I agree but not when Tom lowers himself doing it. Tom shares his intimate details of his marriage and sleeps with a virtual stranger. Isn't that what is destroying Tom's marriage.

If he needed that type of revenge, he should have at least got a legal separation. Then got together with someone and if Marianne was honestly feeling repentant, it would destroy her to see him with someone else. I realize I am probably speaking from the minority, but I can not justify his lying or his adultry from either a divorce or a reconciliation standpoint. Sure, on a base level it feels good to see Marianne get payback but not by doing what she did.

Enjoying the tale.

Keep writing Ohio.

Gus

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
better

I like this chapter because he did get some form of revenge but Im still frustrated on why he see no need for revenge against eddie how can he not see that eddie has to share the blame he was the one going after his wife!! I know i would be fucking pissed! and I still see no proff that she even stopped seeing him. i would like to see tom stop all his lying and just get a divorce and move on that way they both would be happy i think.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Painless Punishment?

Now that Marianne's paying for her infidelity, folks are starting to come to her defense. Are these the same ones that couldn't wait for her to be punished?

And Tom's little roll in the hay with Kristin (didn't see that one coming!) allows him to experience "clinical" intimacy. If this author stays true to form, I'd expect Tom to be eventually admitting that Carrie was a fictitious affair - AFTER he also admits to the weekend quickie with Kristin.

Of immediate interest is the pending conversation with the kids. Are they going to be brought up to speed on their parents' difficulties? After all, they aren't toddlers anymore and not going to be at camp forever.

This probably should have been posted in the Novel/Novellas area since it looks to be going on for quite a bit more. Makes for a fascinating read - there are plenty of other quickie stories to satisfy short attention spans.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
keep it up

I like the way the story is going, keep it up.

gusteufgusteufalmost 19 years ago
Just to Clarify...

I believe in revenge, and Marianne, if she is being honest, does not have a clue of what she has caused. I am not or could not defend her, but I do not believe Tom should drop to her level. This is not 'my story' but my idea of revenge would be devastating. If I were Tom, I would:

(1) Tell Marianne we are going to get a legal separation. When the children come home, they will both sit down with them and explain things to them. Marianne will have to admit that she betrayed Tom and her marriage vows, so that the children understand that Tom had nothing to do with the separation.

(2) Tell Marianne that Tom has someone to keep an eye on her and she can have absolutely no contact with Eddie or anyone else. If she even says 'Hi' to him on the street they will just go ahead and divorce. (He can put the recording device back in the car and start checking the ones in the house to check on her.)

(3) Tell Marianne up front that Tom is going to find someone to have a relationship with for at least 9 months and she can just imagine the level of intimacy that Tom is having thru that time. Maybe record an particularly hot episode with before and after cuddle time to play for her.

(4) Tell Marianne that at the end of that time they can get together and see if they can or still want to have a marriage. But, if she can not do any or all of this, that they will just go ahead and divorce now.

I have no sympathy for Marianne, but Tom is not going about this the right way. If Marianne has to confess to her children, live in fear of being watched if she screws up again, and know that Tom is enjoying himself, do you think that she might wake up to what she has done?

This is not my story, but just to answer those that think that I might be coming to her defense. I do not believe you have to be a liar or adulterer to punish a liar and adulterer. I am enjoying the story even if I do not agree with Toms actions.

Gus

baldybear2baldybear2almost 19 years ago
Love it. Very well written and believable.

I thought I should balance-up the negative comments others have left. I think the story is very well written and was actually worried that this was going to have one of the same pathetic endings you see so ofeten in other stories. To often characters appear to "forget" what has happened and they live happy ever after after an unrealistically short time, or the victim rushes out for some kind of silly deliberate revenge - and then they get back together.

I like the fact the fact the the character has confused and messy feeelings - and that any future reconciliation (or not) is going to take time and not be easy.

Well done for producing something well thought out and dare I say - more believable. I am looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Personally I am hoping they get back together, but I hope he makes her work for it - and does it on his terms.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Please, pretty please continue

Ohio this is a masterpiece, please continue because this story as well written as it is, can take many turns. Tom might find himself getting back in the groove with his wife, then Kristin appears clouding up his throughts. Eddie might show back into the picture and Marianne could have second thoughts on hooking up with him again. This story is going great and I love it.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Please, pretty please continue

Ohio this is a masterpiece, please continue because this story as well written as it is, can take many turns. Tom might find himself getting back in the groove with his wife, then Kristin appears clouding up his throughts. Eddie might show back into the picture and Marianne could have second thoughts on hooking up with him again. This story is going great and I love it.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Please, pretty please continue

Ohio this is a masterpiece, please continue because this story as well written as it is, can take many turns. Tom might find himself getting back in the groove with his wife, then Kristin appears clouding up his throughts. Eddie might show back into the picture and Marianne could have second thoughts on hooking up with him again. This story is going great and I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
now I am confused,

I am one of your biggest fans, but when you had Tom sleep with Kristen,now I am all confused. How can the man claim to be pure and innocent when it comes to adultery, and he does it himself. All that happened there was for Marianne to go back with Eddie.

Which I come to the conclusion that neither one is interested in being married anymore, just being roommates. Their mutual friends are having a blast watching a live version of "Dumb and Dumber".

Good luck with the rest of the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A good turn

Meeting and having sex with Kristin was good for Tom. Now he is "even" with Marianne. The next is to sleep with Marianne and to determine if he really has feelings for her. Will Marianne remain faithful to Tom if they get back together? Let's see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
House of Cards.;....Indeed!!!

Ohio, This is treuly a very well written and throughyly thought out. A good flowing story line. And well.....one hell of a sad story to boot!!! Please keep writing, only keep in mind, shit happens! And houses made of cards fall down...Can "Tom" reconcile with "Marianne"? do they even really want to? Are they only going to continue to hurt themselves/or each other? Can't wait to see where you are going to go with this....

fregenfregenalmost 19 years ago
Obviously Tom feels that since Marianne broke

the marriage vows they no longer apply to him either. Okay. I would have preferred him going for separation or divorce first but that is certainly up to him.

When Marianne asks him to come home he becomes instantly angry again. Obviously his interude with Kristin was not enough. It appears that his rage will only be sated if he screws someone as many times as she did Eddie. Let's see 8 months of 2-3 times a week comes out to about 85 times. Less the two times with Kristin of course. Of course, Marianne will be aware of all this extramarital activity while it was going on when he wasn't but it's only fair that she suffer, isn't it?

Then what? Are the revenge scales balanced? Will he and Marianne then go back to a happy marriage? Would be kind of unlikely, no? I think Tom needs some space and some counseling. Interaction with Marianne seems to be counterproductive at this point and his actions, while understandable, seem to be spiteful. Again okay, he was the originally wronged party. But after he has finished his game of 'I won't take you back until I have hurt you as much as you hurt me' will there be any basis for a marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
It is happening

After Tom's feelings disclosure in chapter 7, were it was clear that Mariane's total lack of respect impacted him a lot, hi is acting in a human way. Hi lost his respect to her.I don't blame Tom. I dodn't see why insist in a mariage were it lacks respect. Mutual forgiveness will not solve it. They need respect eachother because this is what make a mariage work (besides love). This is gone. They should split to make it less painfull, and let them remain friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Boring

I didn't even read your shitty story.

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
You almost Redemed Yourself...

... with Kristen. That part was really good. Then at the end he wimped out again with Maryanne. Well, it's his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good Chapter

This was a good chapter. This was one chapter where depression and tension didn't hang in the air. The scenes with Kristen were well realized.

I feel that there is getting to be balance in the Force (as they might say in the Star Wars saga). Even the evil Eddie fades in the background a bit.

If Tom and Marianne could be reconciled---in a reasonable way, that would be good. Or there is Kristen---possibly. Life can go on.

Good turn in the plot.

playingcardcompany

samissamisalmost 19 years ago
It Appears

that the Husband is building his own house of cards. Lying about an affair, getting mutual friends to lie, then actualy having an affair.

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 19 years ago
Fitting title

Fitting Title to a great story a house of cards can be knocked down, but can be rebuilt if one chooses. That is what you a doing with this story, a marriage knocked down but one that can be rebuilt if the couple wants it bad enough. Again well written Just great

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 19 years ago
House of cards comes tumbling down!

Well, the wrting is good..and flows well.

But I have to ask: what is the message of the story? I agree with others here who have brought up the point that two wrongs don't make a right. Now that Tom has has a relationship himself,and let's not delude ourselves, the way you wrote it brought emotional contact into it as well with Kristen. It was not "just sex"! Tom can no longer take a moral high road. Adultery isn't a case of tit for tat. (pardon the poor pun). In short, he blew it. He lost any right to complain or feel any anger with his wife. Others have brought this to your attention as well. And now, what does he do with his friends? He had them lie for him, which they did thinking it was only a lie to help the wife see the emotion trouble he was having. NOW the situation is different. Doe he now go to them and say, "Oh you know that affair I asked you all to back me up on? Well, heh heh, opps, I sorta actually had one so you won't really be lying to her. Hope you don't mind being a part of this tawdry little mess?" I know if Tom were my friend I would tell him and his wife, "So long. I don't want to be a part of this. I have too many problems of my own. Adios, write when you find work"

So like I said: what is the message behind the story? Is it adultery is bad unless you are doing it to revenge a prior indiscretion? It's OK to have "friends" lie for you as long as it serves a greater purpose? excuse my ignorance but I am just not getting where this is headed.

Can't wait to see what happens next however, because all these folks are seriously disfunctional.:-)

Later,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good writing, but

it is becoming a marathon! Do we really need many more characters introduced? Is it set up so both spouses can see the pleasure of an open marriage and get laid everywhere, all the time? Any other solution will seem hypocritical at this point. Tom no longer has reason to be upset. Husband and wife seem to be a matched set, morally. This is now a perfect union. It would be much sadder if one of the two kept their vows. When neither spouse cheats, or both spouses cheat, you are in a different genre. We no longer have a wronged party.. just a party! (It is great to see Chagrin back with his astute observations! He needs to give us a story!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Me too!

Like a few others I am beginning to wonder if the story is running away from the original theme.Having said that ,I did enjoy the Scandinavian fuck session.Looking forward to the next developments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Another....

....great addition to the story! Keep 'em coming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Marianne fan

The writing continues to be excellant, but my support for Marianne continues to grow, primarily because Marianne,the guilty one,at least is trying to redeem herself. Tom,om the other hand, for a man who is so in love with Marianne, does not seem to have any problem having a short but torrid affair with Kristen, followed by a sanctimonious comment that it can't continue because he loves his wife.Tom also seems to have no problem discussing all of his marital problems with Andrea and convincing her to lie to Marianne about his fictional fling with Carrie. If Andrea is Mariannes best friend God help Marianne. With friends like Andrea who needs enemies. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Well now!!!

Let us NOT forget the FACT that Marianne cheated on Tom, fucked a much younger man for 8 months. Lied to Toms face did everything she could to hide the affair, if Tom hadn't have wised up recorded them she still would be fuckin the young stud. Hell she probably is still going to fuck him when this all blows over, Tom one large word, "D.I.V.O.R.C.E.", then move on with your life.

Paul

EffectEffectalmost 19 years ago
Great story so far but to those that say Tom...

is wrong. Please. Lets be real here. What Tom has done is no way in any shape or form as bad as what his wife did. Be honest. How can people even say that, have you been reading the actual chapters.

She cheated for 8 months, lied to his face when he confronted her, did not appear sorry that she had actually cheated but that she got caught and that getting caught hurt her marriage. She is being forced to understand how her husband is feeling. She killed his confidence and to a degree self-worth. Had she not been found out she might have continued on for who knows how long.

Personally I think she has stopped. At least that's the picture painted by the author. That is until he revists the recorders in the house. It's good that she is finally understanding how Tom has felt after learning that she had been cheating for 8 months and all the things she said and did.

Compare that to him lying about an affair. The end result of that is worth the lying. She clearly didn't understand just how wrong she was but she is now. Him lying about that is different from her lying about not having one. He lied about a fake one, and she about a real one that had been going on for 8 months and would have gone on for who knows how long.

The situation with Kristan. While I think he shouldn't have done it, it doesn't not mean he doesn't have the high moral ground anymore. Compare what he did to what she did. It isn't even close to being even. Not by a long shot. What she did still greatly outweighs anything he has done.

Lets not ignore the outcome of what he did. I don't the wife realizes just how much damage she's done to her husband. What he did ended up being a healing experience for him, not a revenge on or a getting even experience. At least that's how I took the way the author presented the situation. He's gotten back part of himself that he lost after finding out his wife was cheating and the author says this during the story I believe.

Can he still call the wife on her cheating? Yes. Look at the length of it, the amount of work she put in to keep it a secret, the lying to his face about it, the disrespecting she did by lying, cheating, hiding it. Take all the and compound it by the length she cheated and how long the "fondness" between her and Eddie went on.

There is a good chance Kristin and Tom won't see each other again but as a result both of them lost a lot of what they lost due to their experiences in the past.

I like that the author is taking his time to tell this story. Though I think this might have been better in the novella section. He appears to be writing the story as he goes along and I don't have a problem with that. It's nice to read a story that deals with the emotions of the characters. It seems more sensible that a sitaution like this would take some time to play out.

Had she have rubbed the cheating in Tom's face, and laughed or gotten angry with him when he found out, etc as some wives in other stories have done then I would complain that he should have left her long ago and taken the kids. She seems to know she's wrong but not so much about her feelings. She doesn't seem to be angry or nasty. Tom still seems to love her but after Kristin he now knows that he can actually start over if it comes to that. Which I think might have been one of the underlining problems with him in that he felt he needed his wife in his life after all this time. That clearly isn't the case anymore since he himself would be able to meet someone else if it came to that, allowing him to feel a LOT better about himself. So it taking this log for him to sort out his problems is good I feel.

He doesn't come off as a wimp at all to me. Yet someone that was confused and hurt. He doesn't like that she was with someone else. Wasn't it mentioned a few chapters ago that it made him sick. I like the idea of just getting the audio. Who wants to watch their husband or wife with someone else? Hearing is already bad enough, but watching it just leaves you with those images forever which was pointed out in the story.

Though I really hope the author actually brings up the pet name issue again. That's really the major thing that is bothering me. That Tom hasn't thought about it. Maybe that didn't dawn on him yet after everything else that happen. Also the situation with the kids and her going out when he was away on business as well. I'd like to see that brought up again. Or at least retcon it so it came out differently. Even if the kids didn't see this and she snuck out while they were sleeping and got back before they woke, there is still the issue of her putting their children at risk by leaving them alone in the house while she went out cheating. Now that is something he should thrown in her face again and again since it isn't about him but the children which should be number one for both of them.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Isn't it Time?

While one can understand what Tom did with Kristan, my concern is that by not shutting it off, and continuing to lie or torment Marianne about his affair, that the chances of a reconciliation are falling. Isn't it time for him to make up his mind, does he want to be back with his family, or does he want to say goodbye to Marianne?

Clearly Marianne is still coming to grips with what she did to him, and believing that he had an affair helped her realize the pain that was caused.

At the same time, Tom is partially in the same boat, if he wants to be a family, he has lost his fidelity.

Maybe it is time for him to be honest with her, and to take the step either to reconcile, which I would prefer, or to get a divorce.

Yes the reconciliation won't be easy, and she has far more to apologize for and to explain, but now, she isn't the only one.

Punishment has run its course. It's time to bring it to a head, one way or the other.

andrew

batjac69batjac69almost 19 years ago
two wounded souls do not make a whole

All you did was show how two incomplete people do not make a whole person when both are needy. You did not make love...you shared wounds in the story and sex was the drug to deaden the pain.

I am sure many got off on the story, but your writing is good enough that I felt bad for the two people in another mistake over sex.

cageyteecageyteealmost 19 years ago
I'm really enjoying this story!

I'm really enjoying this story and I hope I am encouraging you to continue!

You've put a great deal of time, effort and thought into it!

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

cageytee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Unfortunately

the author in his inexperiance is now writing largely for himself and the fun of it. I don't think he realizes that he is way off the signaled plot path of the original premise.

While its exciting for him to do this and have many comments pro and con, the natives are getting surly and the credibility sought for the story and its author is peeling off with each new previously unchartered unplanned sortie into the unknown. Eventualy, the balls in the air will be a what happened here and what to do about it scenario. Meaningful credibility which started so well, will vanish like fog before the sun of clarity.

In this case it doesn't appears to be malicious - just a new author"itiss", a malady suffered by most but especially by those without a plan who write on the fly forgeting what preceeded tonewise, character traitwise, or setting new plot paths which conflict the original. She lies = bad / he lies = ok? / she cheats = bad / he cheats = ok? Where is the continuity or rhyme or reason or logic or fairness? Where has the hero or person who had character gone? Who can now reasonably call for justice or the reality of consequence? The poor kids should now go to thier grandparents for a living background of how responsible life is led by role models of worth.

Stop it author - calm down and get back to earth where you began - salvage what you can - then end it and start fresh and more learned on the next effort. Mistakes are common but don't compound them - credibility is your currency but it can't be bought willy nilly.

Author - you have displayed talent but not planning or discipline - shit happens. Grow with purpose if you wish to. Selfishly, we hope you do.

with some Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
heres the deal

this is starting to drag out,and i always thought she should get the boot,have him put the recorder back in her car to test her one more time.and have him find out she is still lying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Quicksand

This story is like quicksand. It is something that you don’t want to get stuck in but once you are there you have to deal with it.

I am disappointed with this story that had so much potential and now is on life support. I will continue reading to see if the patient can make a miraculous recovery or dies a slow death.

Reconciliation with Marianne to most of the readers (myself included) would be an unsatisfying conclusion to a lengthy story.

Like many of the others that have left feedback, I can not believe Tom would be so stupid to now think that Marianne would not lie especially since she has demonstrated that it is her best talent.

Once a cheater always a cheater just as once you lie it is easy to lie again.

For those who damn Tome for his tryst with Kristen, keep in mind that he has moved out and for all intents they are separated.

I am rooting for an ending that sees Marianne to be the person we all want her to be; a cheating bitch. I also hope for Tom and Kristen to shove it in Marianne’s face.

One more comment… when writing if it does not further the plot it is just filler.

Ken

RandallRRandallRalmost 19 years ago
Like Chinese Water Torture.....

That's what makes it so good!!!! Well done, thus far Ohio! They are short hits, but each has a different punch, for those that don't like it that way, the way the author wants and chooses to play out his fine work....then DON"T READ IT!!! Write your own stuff and submit it for Godsakes!! This is a new writer, first submission story, just be constructive of good emerging talent, don't be so negatively destructive. Isn't after all, this site about about a little titillation, fantasy mixed with realism/ voyeurism/sexism and goodness knows what else for fun????? PLENTY LIKE IT AND SO DO I.

To business: I see you finally got him laid, not before time. For those of you who can't fathom the importance of this, you have to re-read some chapters.....the ones about how deeply and in what particular ways 'Anni's cheating has screwed his psyche and sub-conscious around. The fling/pairing (I hope long term relationship) with Kristen was so beautifully and thoughtfully done and fits perfectly. This guy is quite shattered, and at times a little unhinged (as you would be if you were going through this situation). The platitudes of his devious self-serving so-called 'wife' are always going to be falling on irrevocably damaged ears after all the lies, and betrayal. Ohio, through Kristen, has given Tom back something precious that has been wantonly and destructively cast to the dust by Marianne....Tom's self-worth as a man, his confidence as a lover, the knowledge that someone with finer qualities than his soon-to-be ex wants him!!! He now is more self-balanced to properly deal with his feelings and emotions, and deal with Marianne and Eddie as they sorely need dealing with in some quite extreme ways.(please do this part thoroughly, Ohio, ok with me for plenty of pain, suffering and blood if need be).

Lets hear something of further recordings, and let Tom twist the literal knife a little. I think I know where you're going Ohio, more power to Tom!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR 9 !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Tom is not the guilty one!

Come on. If you don't have marriage vows you don't have a marriage, and Marianne broke those almost a year ago. When she did that she did away with the marriage. She's enjoyed acting within the form of marriage since then, but she made it an empty shell. She's had the "delicious fun" of screwing someone else, then coming home and having her poor loving sucker make love to her as if she was what he thought her. As if she was precious, honourable, a good and faithful wife - just as he was valuable, honourable, a good and faithful husband.

It was her decision to make him a cuckold, to betray his love, take advantage of the honour in which he held her; her decision to betray him, dishonour him, and extract enjoyment from doing so. She was enjoying her lover while she knew she had a loving husband at home, then she was enjoying her husband's love while extracting double enjoyment from the knowledge that she had been fucking her lover just hours before, or would be just hours away. Enjoying illicit delights that were only possible because her husband honoured her and trusted her, and she deliberately set out to take advantage of - to dishonour, to betray - his love and trust and honour of her. The little intimacies that sixteen years of marriage had built, she gave away, deliberately perverted - deliberately had her lover use everything that she and her husband had built together. That was no longer a marriage, and it was her decision to make it that way.

If Tom at last acts on her decision, if he acts as if she has done away with their marriage, then it is no fault of his. If he acts as if he enjoyed and valued the marriage while there was one, and would like there to be one again, then that's his decision to make. Maybe they can rebuild a marriage, but there's no marriage now. She's already made that decision, got caught out in it, and was unrepentant until she began to realise how much it would cost her.

I'm enjoying the story. I'm interested to see where it will go, and I've got enough attention span to stick with it. I'm not going to try to insist that you cut a novella or novelette short and force it into a short story.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Concur with Anon in Australia

Marianne betrayed Tom and the marriage. What's left are two very conflicted people. Marianne is distraught at being caught, yes, but also, as Ohio makes clear, she belatedly realizes that this marriage is in trouble. She finally "gets it," she can't have her cake & eat it too.

I'm going to go back and re-read the entire series and this time put out some of my own comments on the earlier chapters. But also, this is so well written it deserves better attention and a re-read.

I've rooted for the cheated spouse in other stories, especially when the cheating spouse is presented in such a poor light. But here, Ohio is doing a great job of showing how torn up both partners are; I admit it - here I'm hoping for the happy ending.

But only time will tell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Is Adultery OK?

Tom has been shit on...no dispute. Does Tom deserve better?...yes. Has Marianne broken her vows and his trust?...definitely. Does Marianne's infidelity give Tom a reason to divorce?...hell yes. Does Marianne's lies and adultery give Tom the excuse to lie and commit adultery?...no, not if he has any self-respect and honor.

When you get married, you get a license and usually some type of ceremony. When you sign your name and take the vows, you are saying what you will do, not what the couple does, you are only a couple after both are finished. If one spouse breaks the vows, then you can break the union. Your vows are still in effect until the divorce.

Imagine, that they can not reconcile and divorce and both try for custody of the kids. Do you think the judge will look at them and say..."Tom, you committed adultery X number of times. Marianne, you committed adultery XX number of times. Plus Marianne cheated first, so Tom you are the more moral and decent parent...You get custody." If there were any real justice, he would look at them and say..."You two need help, can you find a decent relative to care for the children while you both get individual psychiatric care?"

Tom has been hurt and devasted...no argument from me. But, are you telling me it is ok to do something that you know is wrong, as long as you did not do it first or as much as the other person? If Marianne was stealing money from her job? Do you also think that Tom can do it also? As long he does not do it first or take as much?

I know I am being flipant here, but. There are more than just the two people to consider. It is never just about the spouses. There are children and other family involved. What you do will effect more than just your spouse. Do you explain to your children that cheating is fine...just do not be the first one to do it? Lies are okay, just as long as someone else does it first.

Tom has been hurt and he deserves better. But, it goes back to my first question...Is Adultery OK? If you can answer yes and justify it...then you must be smarter than I am...because I can not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I like it! .

Keep it up! Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
for ...Is Adultery OK? - Not Really.

If adultery means cheating, then it's not okay. If adultery is consensual then it's a sick thing to do but it is "ok."

The pain of adultery is caused by the broken promises that we make with one another. If you are into sex as a sport, then multiple partners may cause you no great grief but then you will not be feeling intimate feelings for your usual partner no matter how civilized it would be to feel to feel them. Sex is the outward intimacy of hopefully an inward intimacy. Partners who are open and honest with one another do not "cheat." They keep their word and let their partner know about every little communication line that would make any difference. For instance, they mention when a communication opens up with a collegue of any sort when that communication involves personal information. They don't mention "I told the butcher I wanted 1 pound but then changed my mind and told him 2." They DO mention "The guy I used to work with at Acme called me today out of the blue and wanted to know how I was doing." It is not because their partner doesn't trust them. They say these things because their partner does trust them and it wouldn't occur to them not to mention it. If the hearing partner cannot handle information like this when it is benign then there are problems with their relationship which require repair. Each partner must be mature and sane and love and really hear their partner's information in the spirit in which it is spoken. And they must not withhold from one another. Cheating adultery is the worst kind of narcicism and is sicker than anyone except the warriors of these battles can understand.

--- irchristo@aol.com

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
It's about time he got some pussy

Well he can't blame his clouded thoughts on having a load backed up. He had the chance to unload any backup sperm that he may have had while he was in Atlanta.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
How are you going to keep Tom down on the farm now that he has seen Paree'?

He now knows there are some real women out there so why would he want a used up skank like Marriane?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
I'm glad that he finally got laid

I think his wife needs some therapy, she must be going through some middle age crisis.

I'm glad that he is still sticking it to her, giving her the same as she did to her husband, at least for a little while yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This is a total loss . . .

He's an idiot, playing games and dithering. He deserves the fruits of those games. Hurting people and stringing them along, even if they are sluts and whores as she is, is just wrong. Divorce her, move on. At least she'll be better off even if it was her fault in the first place.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Well Now He's an Adulterer Too...

What did that accomplish?

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Two wrongs

may never make a right, but it can help ease the pain.

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
the was great

It aint cheating, once the vow is broken the marriage is over, the court thing is the law big deal breaking the law doesn't send you to hell,adultery is a sin that's your honor and soul that shit sends you to hell, you have broken it before god, its over i hope he gets tons and tons of pussy. this art makes sense.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved this chapter

I am curious to see what direction you go from here. I am generally never a fan of the "I need to fuck someone else to make things even" mindset, but I loved this development. This was about personal healing for these two. Actually, in the interlude with Kristin I see the door to reconciliation opening. I am anxious to see if you have hubby pick up on it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
better

Glad he remembered he was a man. Saddened by the fact he still finds ANY reason to keep this piece of shit in his life. WASTE OF TIME

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Don't divorce her

Just don't ever go home. And when you see her out in public? Greet her with "Hi, whore!" Perhaps the next time, "Nice to see you again, slut!"

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Tom, you need to help Kristin find a job in Cleveland!

Did the author throw us these sex crumbs to partially justify the later reconciliation? I was about to comment re Tom spending the night vs. Marianne spending the night when I realized Marianne could not have done that when the kids were home; so that had only been happening while Tom was on trips AND the kids were at camp. (Detailed justification = she would not have shuffled the kids off to the grandparents on a night she was home alone with the kids. That would have raised way too many alarms.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amateur Shrink

Amateur Shrink? out of the mouths of babes? This is why if you are married don't go to friends for advice, how many face adultery? 8 months in this story? heavy sexual adultery where she even had sex day before her anniversary with her husband and on their anniversary night a BJ? A professional should have been sought after regardless of the cost if the marriage is worth it. This faking lies, now has changed because he now has had a sexual affair and two wrongs don't make a right. You just cannot put the bullet back into the gun once its fired.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'm giving up on this

Just utterly unbelievable. This guy is more of a woman than his wife. Did you have a ghost wrighter for this tripe? Perhaps Matt Moreau or some other Champion of Cuckoldry?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Story Taking A Disappointing Turn

Taking marital advice from friends is stupid. He will become a willing cuckold. He will deserve anything Eddie and Marianne force him to do...wear pink lace panties...sit in a chair with a chastity cage on while he watches Eddie fuck Marianne...forced to lick Eddie's dick clean...orally clean up Eddie's cum deposits...wear a dog collar...let Eddie drill him in the ass...agree to chemical or even physical castration. Lose his children's respect...become the laughing stock of that area.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're down to 2 ☆'s now

Its beyond silly. Rapidly approaching LUDICROUS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

#wacc_shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I am done

unreadable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

What did you expect from that OhioCuck?

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
5

for content and effort and for a great LW story that pissed off the ashol of LIT!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
5

for content and effort and for a great LW story that pissed off the ashole of LIT!

grabmyballs2grabmyballs2over 7 years ago
I'm so Glad He Found Kristen

I can see he is recovering a bit. You do such a great job explaining his mental progression. Sure, some inarticulate critics can't seem to "get" your effort. I just admire what you have created,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tom?

Never forget, my man, what you had with Kristin for only a few days, your wife had with her lover for 8 months. 8 months of them lording it over you, keeping that evil secret and he was fucking you just as much as he fucked your whore.

miss_hornymiss_hornyabout 7 years ago
stupid male ego

so does 2 wrongs make a right ?/ .. ABSOLUTELY NOT

if you house was on fire would you use gas to fight the fire?? .. ABSOLUTELY NOT

if one partner cheated on the other .. then would the other go and cheat to, to try and save a marriage?? .. ABSOLUTELY NOT

there is no excuse to use for her for having cheated on her hubby .. but what he did was for the sole purpose of the his male ego was hurt

mainly he used her cheating just for the sole purpose to have some pussy on the side

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just two cheaters

He's lost any moral high ground in my view. Now I couldn't really care less whether he saves his marriage or not. If the reader loses their investment in the story then it fails. Sorry well written; it could have been excellent if they had pursued a path of her finding true remorse leading to reconciliation. This is not it. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well why not

whats good for the goose is also good for the gander. the gander got hers for 9 months now its the gooses turn. stop defending a cheating slut. whats morals got to do with it. you dont bring a knife to a gun fight. and you dont make a ho a housewife

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 7 years ago
Funny

This story, which I like, generates more comments than most stories on lit

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
miss_horny

Only one wrong was committed and that was her lengthy adultery. Screwing lover on anniversary was insidious action but she had already voided marriage contract first time she cheated

Like it not all you moral high ground advocates, natural law demands scales be balanced-every action equal and opposite reaction!

No male ego at all-love how that phrase is so often used as if females have no ego. Fact is having younger lover stroked her female ego and had everything to do with her betrayal.

If he does not balance scales she will have no idea of the hurt-only that she got away with cheating and was forgiven

Females are always screaming about equality-now they are just under 8 months from being equal!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another necessary element (in my view) of reconciliation falls into place

If one spouse cheats, I feel the other spouse has to have an affair. Otherwise, there are no consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This is getting too drawn out... He needs to shit or get off the pot... She's a disloyal bitch... And he's an indecisive wimp... And as others have said if he doesn't at least beat eddie's ass theres little point to the story... And leaves the story with few likable characters... Jmo

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Numerologically speaking

8 Eight Octa. Destruction/building. There is hope here...small...flickering...yet real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This train wreck should have ended 2 chapters ago.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

This would have been much better if Kristen was local and they started a long-term affair. His bitch of a wife needed to suffer for her betrayal.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

I agree with DetroitRockCity, this should have ended One or two chapters ago.

But now who can trust who both are officially cheaters now. even if one tell the other whats they are doing. But mind fucking her is a bad move. should have come clean with her that fist Sunday. now he's in her shoes so now she'll have trouble believing what he says.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
At least

At least he finally got a little real.payback. This is the only realistic, man thing he has done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Time to go

The marriage is over. The deception is now two ways. And the cheating is as well. Don't blame him, but he should realize this is a step backwards , not a step forward. I realizs, in the progression of the story, it is important that his ego heals, but there are other ways to do that. The length of the story is important, I guess , to allow for the wounds to heal. But I think you could skip several of these chapters. And while reconciliation is inevitable, they really should be done. I will read all of this , but not thinking this is a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Tom is written as so weak

Kristin practically had to drag him to her cave. Maybe I'm beginning to understand why Marianne wanted Eddie. Tom is such a cuckish dweeb

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

This will be an RAAC story one can feel it already.

He should divorce her end the marriage she has pissed and shit on. That marriage is dead.

If he still wants her date her again and test a new relationship with her..

If it works out live with for a while and if they still pan out then marry her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tom Can Do No Wrong

Once Marianne cheated on Tom with Eddie, all of Tom's actions are those of a single man. The marriage vows are what holds a marriage together. Breaking the vows is like voiding a business contract. He is no more obligated to Marianne than he is to the bag lady on Magnolia Street.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

When My wife Cheated on Me .. I got a Divorce as fast as I could .. My Daughter who I Loved got up in Court and Lied . So I paid My Ex what the least that I could . And kicked in 30 thousand if her and Her Daughter changed their last Names .. Screw them Both and her Boy Toy walked her Daughter down the aisle . I was Deer Hunting that day in Colorado ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

this has been a RAAC throughout, even if ditches her in end it is still a Raac

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What's with the terms of endearments he uses when talking to her? Hi honey, that's ok honey, blah blah blah. Seriously, you'd think he hadn't just found out she was cheating on him. His actions after the fact is pretty pathetic and hard to read. At least in this chapter, you actually let him sleep with another women, instead of just letting him have a fake affair.

russ603russ603over 2 years ago

I don't think injecting an affair into the story has done any good. Two wrongs never have a right outcome, so now he is just as guilty as she is - no matter the time involved in an affair, it is just simply WRONG! No matter how it is phrased, it is still infidelity. If he is going to do the same as her, then he is just as guilty as she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The cheating was 9 months about 36 weeks from November to July.

Marriane met, intensively screwed, fucked, sucked, swallowed. 2-3 times weeks or about 100 times during the whole shenanigan with his bf.

No mention of anal action, still this was serious, no-holds barred hardcore cheating by wife.

The reconcilition at any cost (=RAAC) was less likely to hapen than burn the bitch/bastard(=BTB) ending

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

In this episode, Tom, the cuckolded husband, seems to have got his balls back. I had nearly lost all hope for him in the previous episode. I am looking forward to him dumping his cheating skank wife in the next episode! 5 stars. (PS: I am getting a bit too involved with the characters so the writing must be good).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Tom is just not a take charge guy. Yes he had an extramarital encounter, but was still too shy to take the bull by the horns and go through it. Guys like him are the ones who will be permanent victims. So sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Author pushed the envelope too far. Not only does wife cheat 2-3 times per week for over 8 months, meaning almost 100 encounters and many, many couplings, but also hearing obvious excitement, and her sharing such intimacy. Bridge too far for 99.99% of the male portion of the human species. Should have toned it down to get some more realism at a RAAC. Not one of his better works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oaky, Tom had his confidence boosted and now knows that there is at least one woman who finds him sexually appealing but he is still trying to get Marianne back in his life without hearing her swear off screwing Eddie. Why?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

another chapter of BS but I keep reading, waiting for something "good"

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

I take it most of the commenters here are from the US. It is obvious that the comments are made by people who are unsophisticated and have a very limited world view. This is not an indictment but an observation from outside their insular world

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK, I have read a few stories written by KIWIs and have a sense that, if represented by their writers, men there seem extraordinarily tolerant of their wives and lovers fucking around. I have lived all over the world and experienced several cultures intimately and in my “insular” view is unusual for men to accept adulterous acts on the part of their wives, except that that some KIWI writers are entirely too willing to excuse their mate’s adultery. Perhaps they have a culture wherein males enjoys being cuckholded. Just saying!!!! Oh by the Kiwihunter, fuck off.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Do not pay attention to the kiwi. He uses the same name on another site that is just filled with fine examples of self respecting and confident men that have hot wives, are willing cucks and of course he is a big cheerleader, so yeah ther is that. As to this insipid piece, yeah, it is well balanced as 8 months equals one or two nights and she kept secrets while he is informing her, or sure that makes total sense. Why is this writer considered hi level? It would be en extremely hard task to find even one normal man that would go to raac after wifey screws around over 100 times. Why does the author need to make such an unusual and long stretch try to get justified. No happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To reply to some commenters; this author is appreciated for twists on old or borrowed story lines, or new theme treatments not often seen. His (?) stories are also easier to read because gender and names are rarely transposed,.and grammer and spelling are B+. One is not tied up rereading for comprehension. He might be a 4.25 star writer (this series, aside,) but compared to others, in comparison he becomes a 4.6, which rounds to a 5. To a small degree, he wins by defalt - de'fault of slightly better writers who simply partially ruin their own 4.6 stories, down to 4.25, which rounds to 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Commenter from roughly a year ago with pist starting with "Author pushed the envelope too far...' hit the nail on the head. Her betrayal is too much. Less than 1% of men would stay with her and only for thr sake of the kids and they would discreetly open thr marriage up. Trust destroyed. She showed she is a selfish, self centered, narcissistic slut. She screwed the guy like 2-3 times a week for 8 months, that is about 100 sex sessions. So maybe 3000 f$cks with his youthful stamina? Ludicrous. I take back the 1%. There is another 2% who are wiling cuckolds who would get off on her cheating. Of course she woukd lose respect for such a man and eventually file for divorce. What a trainwreck.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous