How Wonderful Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I went into town and picked up the divorce papers and the restraining order. My next stop was at a locksmith shop to arrange to have the locks changed tomorrow while Gerri would be with Mark. Finally I went to a hardware store to pick up a package of heavy duty trash bags and a large water cooler.

If I were a drinking man I probably would have spent the remainder of the afternoon getting drunk. I had never known this level of despair and helplessness in my life. No matter how I tried, I could not bring myself to see any way to repair what Gerri had so knowingly and purposely ripped apart. I thought about counseling, but again, I couldn't find anything as a foundation for rebuilding our marriage. It was now obvious that Gerri had been lying to me quite a bit lately and lies don't provide what's necessary for building or repairing a foundation. Put very succinctly, I could not imagine anything that she could do that would restore my faith in her. I would always be asking myself if she were lying.

I was brought up believing that if one loves another, one does not purposely and knowingly do things that will hurt the other. Gerri, through her infidelity, has made it clear that her love for me, if there is or was any, was unimportant. I think the one thing that hurt the most was that she was having an affair while she was supposedly loving and caring for our children.

What would happen if somehow the children had walked in on them? The most bothersome hurt was that of wondering how I had failed her. What had I failed to provide that sent her to another man for satisfaction? I had no answers for any of the questions that were rattling around in my consciousness.

It was hard going home and knowing that this was the last time I would go home to a wife waiting for me in the kitchen. After dinner I went to my shop and composed my farewell letter to Gerri.

Tuesday morning during breakfast Gerri was discretely trying to ascertain where I would be during the day. I knew she just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't accidentally walk in on them. I told her that I would be at the salvage yard all morning and probably into the afternoon. I assured her that I would be home no later than three.

When I left, I went to the market and bought three bags of ice and dumped them in the cooler. Then I went back and parked down the street and waited for Gerri and the kids to leave. I gave them five minutes to get to Sharon's and then I went home. I took the trash bags I purchased yesterday and dumped, and I mean 'dumped' all of Gerri's clothes, cosmetics, and other personal items into them. Next I packed clothing for the children to last for a week.

While I was busy, the locksmith arrived to change the locks. As he was getting started, my cell phone rang. As I guessed, it was Gerri. She asked if my problem had been resolved yet (her excuse for calling to see where I was). I told her it would be resolved before three this afternoon. About then, the locksmith called to me asking if I wanted them all changed.

I started to cover the mouthpiece and then decided not. I yelled, "Yes. There should be four of them, two in front and two in back. Please key them all the same." I knew Gerri would have no idea what I was talking about and it gave my location (salvage yard) some added realism.

Gerri was still on the phone and she was gushing over with the fact that my problem would be resolved and how happy it was going to make her. Then she hit me with one that almost made me burst out laughing. She told me that Sharon would keep the kids tonight and that we could go out for dinner and then that I had better be prepared for a very active night.

I wanted to say, "Gerri, if only you knew what I had set up for you today." But I didn't. Instead I said, "Sounds great but don't count on me for much tonight."

I pulled Gerri's car out of the garage and crammed the trash bags into it. I placed her keys in the large manila envelope that contained the divorce and restraining order papers, and placed it on the front seat of my van. The last thing I did before leaving was to fill the cooler containing the ice with water and put it in the back of my van along with the suitcases for me and the kids.

As I got into the van, my cell phone rang again. This time it was Anna informing me that mommy wasn't going to lunch with them today. I thanked her and told her that I knew and that I would see her after a while. I drove to Sharon's house and there I took the envelope and the cooler and quietly entered through the kitchen. I placed the envelope on the kitchen table and proceeded to Mark's bedroom door with the cooler. Moving down the hall I could hear sounds that didn't need any explanation.

At the bedroom door I took the top off of the cooler and quietly pushed the door all the way open. Gerri was on top of Mark with her back to the door so she couldn't see me. Mark couldn't see me either since Gerri's body was blocking his view of the door. I picked up the cooler and stepped over to the bed. Mark then saw me and made a head gesture to Gerri. Just as she turned her head and saw me I dumped the ice water on them.

They both screamed and Gerri fell to the floor. I waited until Mark started to get up, and then, holding one handle of the cooler I swung it as hard as I could and hit him in the rib cage. This sent him rolling and sprawling to the floor where he lay moaning. It felt good to know that his moans were not from pleasure. By this time Gerri was on her feet trying to cover herself and exclaiming through tears, "Oh Sam, Oh Sam."

I stood there a moment savoring in the satisfaction that I had probably put Mark out of commission for a while.

I looked at Gerri, dropped the cooler, and said, "Goodbye you cheating bitch. There's an envelope for you on the kitchen table," and I turned and walked out.

She almost caught up to me as I started out the kitchen door. I don't really know what she was saying. It was a blabber about loving me, and not leaving her, and so sorry, and can't we talk. I walked on to the van leaving her standing in the kitchen door wrapped in a sheet.

I turned and said, "Goodbye you slut and sorry excuse for a wife and mother. Have a good rest of your life." I then drove to the park.

Sharon about wet her panties when she saw me. I saw her reach for her cell phone and I called out as I went to the kids that she didn't need to call, that Gerri already knew I was here. She seemed to relax probably thinking that I hadn't walked in on anything at the house.

She asked, "Is everything ok?"

I told her it would be as soon as I got the children out of here. The children saw me and came running. I hugged them and told them we were going on a little trip and for them to get in the van.

As soon as they were out of ear shot, I looked at Sharon and told her that Gerri now had her divorce papers and that she (Sharon) may find herself named as an accessory. She started to say something and I just looked at her and said, "Goodbye you worthless slut," and walked off. As I got in the van and started, I saw her gather her two kids and head for her house.

As we drove off, the kids wanted to know where we were going and where mommy was. I told them we were going to see Uncle George, my brother, and Aunt Sally. I had talked to George earlier and made arrangements for the kids to stay with them for a while. I explained to the kids that mommy had done something very bad and that we wouldn't see her much any more. Anna wanted to know if she was bad because she didn't go to lunch with them. I told her, no, it was what mommy was doing bad that made her not go to lunch. I was surprised that she let it go at that.

(To be continued)

12