All Comments on 'Howl with Me Ch. 04'

by BeccaLovesWolves

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
rushed

Was she just rescued from being kidnapped and sexually assaulted?

angelicbeautyangelicbeautyover 8 years ago

Very rushed and short. You need to have detailed content

BeccaLovesWolvesBeccaLovesWolvesover 8 years agoAuthor
Length

Those of you who keep commenting about the length, I prefer to have shorter chapters that come out every 3-5 days (depending how long it takes to get posted) rather than a longer chapter every week or so. And also, I'd like to see you people come out with 2 pages (at least 5,000 words) of a really good story every 3 days including the time it takes you to send it to your editors and get it back. If you have comments about the story, by all means, let me know, but length isn't going to change much. Sorry if that bothers you, guess you'll just have to keep coming back to check.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm confused

I agree with another commenter. I thought she was just rescued from being kidnapped and physically assaulted. Now she's attending a party and having sex? Really? That seems wrong to me and way too rush.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

So she's gone from being kidnapped, assaulted, finding out about werewolves all in the previous chapter to partying and having sex in this one? you really need to read your own writing, preferably from the START so you can see how ridiculous the time line is. You may prefer short chapters but the time between posting them, there should be more character development, longer chapters and not rushed, put it all in there in one chapter chapters.

BeccaLovesWolvesBeccaLovesWolvesover 8 years agoAuthor

I'm sorry all of you seem to be so angry about a mistake like that. I would just like to point out that this is my first ever short story. Verbally attacking me for a simple mistake like that is not okay and I would appreciate it if you would stop. I do like feedback and comments, but the correct way to go about it would be giving me constructive criticism as opposed to leaving rude comments under "Anonymous"

Zodia195Zodia195over 8 years ago

Personally I find this story sweet. Every now and than I prefer a shorter story than a long, drawn out complicated one. I applaud you for returning to this story. I wish I had that kind of will power with my own stories, but most of my creative energy is now going towards my artwork, which is my career path. Keep it up I say. Yes the pacing is very fast and it wouldn't hurt to slow it down a bit, but overall I am still enjoying this.

PrincessJezebelPrincessJezebelover 8 years ago
Gonna need a tougher skin...

...if you are going to continue writing. Nothing that I read in the comments appeared to me as being verbally attacking you. Granted, a few people were a bit more sarcastic than maybe they needed to be, but they were all valid criticisms.

I can deal with the short chapters if they are coming out regularly, and you've done a good job of that. The trouble is, as many people said, the story is coming out feeling rushed. I've read countless werewolf stories, and I've never seen a mating pull work that fast. It's also a valid criticism that the poor woman had been kidnapped and sexually assaulted. Recovering from such a trauma can take weeks, sometimes even years. For him to rescue her from such a horrible situation, and then take her immediately from there into a large group of strangers, was extremely insensitive to say the least. Then to expect her to immediately agree to become his mate for life AND to have sex with him, less than 24 hours after being sexually abused, is not very realistic, and doesn't speak well of either of them.

KEEP WRITING, and keep making mistakes--that's how you learn. But you can't learn from your mistakes when you become so defensive at any little criticism. I've been writing for more than 40 years, and I still appreciate hearing someone else's perspective. Try to overlook the sarcasm and see the kernel of truth in each comment. It will serve you well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Comment for this chapter

Wow. Sexy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous