I Know What I'm Doing Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She found Ethan and I arguing playfully in the lounge. I'd noticed him eying the fireplace wistfully a few times and announced that we'd build a fire that night. He'd snorted and flat-out refused.

"Why not?" I challenged.

"Aiden it's the middle of December, for heaven's sake! I don't think cosy fires are the way to go at the height of summer."

"Oh, 'cosy' is such an understatement, dear," Carolynn's voice slithered in from behind us. Her eyes were trained on Ethan. "Aiden and I have made some utterly decadent memories before a number of fireplaces in our time. Not this one, though. Never got around to it."

My temperature rose, "Carolynn this is no longer your home. Next time you set foot on my premises, you're to announce yourself down at the Montgomery and wait for someone to notify me. Though I seriously doubt there'll be a next time."

"Don't be silly, Aiden. This is every bit my home, my place is by your side. If you'd let go of your hurt pride you'd admit that we belong together. It's why you called me here, is it not?"

"Think again."

"I should go," Ethan was already making his way to the door.

Not again. "No, Ethan. Carolynn is the one who isn't welcome here." I turned to face her, "I only asked you here because I wanted to be sure that you understood what I needed to say. I want you out permanently. I'll give you three more days to have your belongings removed. If you don't, I'll have Dan donate them to the nearest churches."

Her smile never wavered, "You wouldn't dare."

"Carolynn, the sight of you makes me sick. I can't wait to get you out my life. "

Ethan fidgeted, "This is a private matter. I'll give you two time alone."

"Oh, please," Carolynn scoffed at him. "You've spent about as much time as I have in his bed, so this makes you an equal partner in the wonderful news I have, dear."

Ethan blushed, shaking his head, "No. No, we don't-"

"Leave him alone, you bitch," I snarled. "Face facts and quit trying to drag innocent people down into your mess with you."

She circled Ethan, but addressed me, "It hurts that you'd refer to it as a mess, my darling, but that's alright. I understand that you need to be shown the full picture first -- then you'll be as happy as I am."

"What the hell are you on about, woman?"

Ethan was murmuring, "...leave now. I'll just leave so you-"

"I'm pregnant."

The triumph on Carolynn's face was outweighed only by the horror on Ethan's.

/What the fuck just happened?/

"You're can't be," everything in me denied what she'd just said.

She sauntered over to me, ever the proud cat, "Oh, you know it's true, darling. Need I really count the last times we fucked-" out of the corner of my eye I saw Ethan wince, "-passionately and deliriously? Before our tiffs, naturally. I'm almost three months along. Isn't that the most superb news?"

When she reached me she wrapped her arms around my neck and planted a light kiss on my lips. I snapped out of my shock then and pushed her away.

My first thought was of Ethan. The horror was giving way to anguish and he was looking at me more and more as if I were a stranger. He was slipping away from me. I couldn't allow it, not after everything I'd done to get him this close.

"Ethan..."

"No," he put a hand up, pleading with me to keep my distance. He walked out but, thankfully, moments later I heard his footsteps thudding up the stairs. All was not lost, not yet.

"You know, this is not the reaction I was hoping for at all. I understand your reluctance to break out the champagne, what with my condition and all, but seriously darling, a kiss wouldn't hurt."

I wanted to wrap my hands around her throat and squeeze till she stopped saying these things. "Why are you doing this?"

She touched my cheek, "I'm not doing anything, darling. We did this together. Once it's sunken in I know you'll be happy, you just need time to adjust, that's all. We belong together, Aiden. How many times have I told you this? Now you can see for yourself how right I've been."

I pulled away when I heard Ethan coming back down the stairs. I made it to the foyer in time to see him carrying a bag towards the front door.

"Ethan, could we talk about this first," I tried desperately.

He stopped a few steps away, "I haven't managed to pack everything. I'd appreciate if you could have the rest of my stuff sent over to Dan's place. I'm certain they won't mind letting me crash on their couch until I can work something else out."

He opened the door and left without ever looking back.