All Comments on 'I'm the Monster Now'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The Stang I know and love has done it again! Bravo, 5 stars!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
See this is the way you handle a whore

Fuck all the talking and psychobabble BS, dump the whore and roll on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

As a woman who does not treat men like crap, I woulld like to say bully, huzzah and atta boy to him. All the skanks and douchebags of the world need to be branded in visable spots so decent folk can avoid them. Nicely written tale.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
So Much Less is So Much More !

Would that also The Daytona 500 be pared down to 250. If you want to get Miko reved up, write a story about the suspiciously, minuscule time deferential between Danica Patrick announcing divorce from husband & admitting relationship with her teammate &. fellow driver, her new Go Daddy Ricky Steenhouse Jr.

Your characters all talk like NASCAR fans anyway. This was predictable but quality schtick & wisely didnt wear out it's welcome in tandem with killer closing line, Instead of running on fumes finish . Fuel' Marks. *****

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Loved it

Short and snappy. Reads like HDK.

karan9876karan9876about 11 years ago
Loved it.

I loved it because this was not the usual Stang stuff where the husband is a wimp in the name of romance. Keep writing more in this genre Stang... These ones are very rare from you...

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 11 years ago
Well Done

The man did what he had to do. Unfortunately, I used to be married to a woman just like Tricia. One can only hope that karma is a cruel teacher.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
A cut above your usual fare

For one thing, there was less saccarine in it. Saccarine always gives me a headache.

It's amazing what you can do when you cut out the man constantly repeating "I loved her more than anything" about 50 times, at exactly how short it is.

A nice little vignette about a broken woman and the men she used to further her goals...whatever they are. It helps that this guy had a bit of bark on him, not being a total Saint. He felt far more human than the last number of offerings.

One of the rules of writing is not what you can add, but what you can subtract and stil tell the tale.

Nicely done.

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Another one

Another great story. I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Satisfying Revenge?

Satisfying. There is a sense of abstract justice in this story. The protagonist gets his revenge, and maintains his integrity throughout the story. Sometimes I wonder if any if the writers here have ever really taken revenge on another person in their actual lives. It is a very different experience. When you seek to balance the scales you walk a fine line between being a good person and an evil person. You cross that line when you take revenge. Revenge by it's very definition is a sin. It is like a lot of sins, fun to fantasize about, but usually doesn't turn out well when you act on your fantasy. There is a price to be paid for your sins. Maybe you get the bill in the afterlife for your sins. In my experience you pay as you go. Some people just don't realizing that they are paying for their own behavior. They blame their misfortune on outside forces and do not see that many of their problems are the result of their own actions or the actions of people close to them. Yes, that means that you have to steer clear of bad people even if they are close to you. If you don't you will share in their misery.

OverstarOverstarabout 11 years ago
Good read

Shorter than normal, but definitely a good read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
another good one

another good one. unusual but well played out. THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very good!

Excellent work kinda short, but definitely still a quality piece! I really hope you can branch out one of these days perhaps with a sci fi or fantasy story, I think you would definitely make a great one, especially mixing your themes of infidelity and love in there!

mike2710mike2710about 11 years ago
Great Story

Now that was original. Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas.

TheThinker45TheThinker45about 11 years ago
Good as usual.....But...

Good read. I did Like the twist, all your stories are great reads. I think your stories are

the reason I Keep coming back to LIT, and Loving wife. Good as Usual, But I mostly like the video of the bulitt chase after I googled the 2013 midnite Blue Mustang GT. Hey check it out Man thats nice.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 11 years ago
Nice theme and good story until the end...

... I have to think that opening the door and telling Trish that she doesn't live there anymore right before slamming it in her face would have been a much better ending. But hey, you're the author, I just read the stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I had a good laugh. :)

I loved that he still tapped that ass at the end like she was a whore, which she was.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
That was Great Fun!

Even if you did give away the whole plot in the title--- Except for her plan B which was also quite amusing. Is she a sociopath or a psychopath? The way you brought in the back story was excellent. I am sure that there will be negative reactions from the Wimp Patrol...

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 11 years ago
Pretty Good.

Nice little story...keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
As usual - a very entertaining tale from StangStar06

Great job of character development with such a quick story. I still felt like I got to know the hero. I also liked the "O. Henry-esque" twist in the plot. Thanks for the read. A request, though, please write another one sometime in the near future, like you used to, with an emphasis on the Mustang. You had almost convinced me to veer away from the mystique of 911 Porsches. Thanks, again StangStar06.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very good story.....

I liked it a lot. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Cry like a baby

I think this is the best format /length for this story. And I think the extra revenge sex is a nice touch.

I do like the long stories when there are plenty of twists and turns that really make the story dense and intricate, so that when you are done you think, "yea those long parts were important to include." Sometimes on this site longer multi-chapter stories have so many scenes and details that just drag the story out, and don't add to it.

But I also love the short ones like this. The other end of the spectrum. I think this is a real effective short story with an interesting angle on the issue.

I love the comment about good guys and bad guys: "And they cry like a baby when he does the same thing to them that he did to every other woman he'd ever been with." Classic line.

Thanks

BDEarthBDEarthabout 11 years ago
A good short read!

SS6 your stories are always entertaining; thanx very much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
absolutely

fucking great

dinkymacdinkymacabout 11 years ago
Excellent!!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
LOL

thanks for brightening up my snowy morn.

really made me laugh at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Truly fantastic!!!

I don't know how Stang manages to turn out a Master Piece like this every week. But for the millions of us decent men who were betrayed by a filthy slut whore wife who valued nothing but sex and left our sacred homes to go out and get it, Stang is our hero. No one else can heal our broken hearts and restore our sense of manhood the way he does. We love him like a brother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
F'N Great...

...as usual!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story!

This will go some way to salve the cucked and broken non-men that frequent Loving Wives with their utter hatred and fear of women. Excellent!

pogmapogmaabout 11 years ago
First time - I think???

Nice and quick and to the point.

Best thing was not a single smirk, not even the hint of a curled lip. I really like all most all of your stories so keep'em coming.

No smirks dam I loved it.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Fun read. Light & quirky.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
That was masterpiece

Short but done beautifully,one of your best. Amazing that you can put out a story every week. I can only hope you can keep this pace up for year to come.your one of the best ever on this site. Thank for all the great reads.a fan....

jacsrjacsrabout 11 years ago
Very nice

Forget the bad comments, they just are jealous, just keep on writing as you have been. You fill your stories with quality. Liked every one.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 11 years ago
Great read SS06...

I can't believe it was only two pages...but they were two great pages; thanks again.

cbf1304cbf1304about 11 years ago
fantastic

Great story.

Mostera1Mostera1about 11 years ago
Yes

Agree with most everyone here. Less is more!!!! Well done, an easy 5*****

Thank you,

M1

dab10dab10about 11 years ago
great story

i am still laughing

i agree about not deleting negative posts sometimes i even re post on my Google plus page and share the laughter

another great read ss06

Dab10

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I liked it. 5*****

Brevity is good and you got it done right. More short ones please. tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
See

You can really write a great story in only 2 or 3 pages.

My college English prof said, "I am writing you a long letter because I don't have time to write a short letter."

I am glad you had time to write a short story.

jack

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
Great

What a great story......Short and to the point. I was number four and know that feeling perfectly. Yes, I was stupid and it happened to me. Thank you

AZSAMAZSAMabout 11 years ago
Got It

Good, quick and short. But I knew what was coming after maybe three paragraphs. Am I reading your stories to many times!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thanks for a short story

I always liked your writing, but since your stories got so lone i had to stop reading them. I hope you give us more. Over 4 pages way too much for me. And this was a great story.

jiminabjiminababout 11 years ago
Thank you

Thanks Stang. Another good one. I like a lot here prefer the shorter stories. Thanks for the write. Wish I could repay but it'e not in me. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I'm in the middle....

My preference is 3-7 pages. But....I'll read whatever you submit. Thanks for the story.

5 stars...My second was a fifth for her...the attendent looked at me and said "you're a brave man!" Lasted a month! Looking back, ya gotta laugh....

kalharrikalharriabout 11 years ago
nice

just read it twice and I am still smiling. great way to start my day. thanks again for all of your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This was better written than you might think

I realize that long-winded stories are in your comfort zone Stang, but you did a really good job with only two pages. Sometimes that's right for a story, sometimes it's not. Given the sheer volume of material you put out, I think you'll find that with some introspection, "fleshing out the characters" really just means making sure all your usual archetypes are in place - the good-guy husband, the cheating whore, the second chance wife, the faithful Mustang, the long-winded diatribe by the husband about how he loved her and she must not ever really have loved him...

... somethings aren't needed Every Single Time. Deciding between a short story or a long one is about keeping your material appropriate to the occasion. You got it just right here, and hopefully between you and Miko, you can work it out the way it needs to be. You're breaking out of your comfort zone and that's a good thing. You're not always going to win at it - don't expect to - but the process of growth is about learning what you did wrong and what you did right.

I'm not one of those readers who objects to the far longer stories, but short ones with a kick to them - like "I'm the Monster Now" are nice too. Five stars.

Keep it up!

dbdukedbdukeabout 11 years ago
Great Shorty!

Boy that was one out of the ordinary for you. Great job!

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
I liked it I would've loved it if it was longer

I love your long stories. This one was really really short--but it was good nonetheless.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
I enjoy you longer stories - but thi was great too

You did this perfectly -

Quick, clean, complete - nice job -

I do like taking my time and enjoying the stories you write no matter the length - as a rule - so do what you do best and write the way you want to - most of us will enjoy what you do - heh -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent work-- as always

nice job, you developed the hero's character, made some good interesting points, and provided some good entertainment. I would like to see a follow on that attempts to justify and explain the wife

Pls keep wrting- you make my day!!

katranmankatranmanabout 11 years ago
Short and Sweet

*5! Excellent job SS06! This one, although much shorter than usual, felt much better to me than most of your more recent stories. Light, easy, funny and leaves a good feeling at the end. I don't think that it needed to be any longer, sometimes less is more. Thanks so much for posting, and I'll see you next week!

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 11 years ago
Good as Always

Two little items: (1) Telling Gary you are going to move, then talking about dating the waitress and other local girls was just a little off-putting. (2) At the end, saying to Tricia ("For the past few weeks I've been begging you for it..") couldn't be accurate if the divorce was just final. I'm just the picky type. Good story as always.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
OH YEAH

Great tale. The monster got hers in the end. The evil devious cheating bitch took it one guy too many and in the end had no one. So the whore lost. It warms my heart to see such a thing.

Oh Yeah

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 11 years ago
Meh

It was good and the bitch ended up used up like her ex husbands, which was good. But the overall premise and storyline was pretty weak, Stang I've read most of your works on this site and to be honest this one was kinda lacking. There was hardly any emotions, clever twist's or even the public shunning I've come to luv and expect from your stories. overall 2/5, your so much better than this.

catphan8catphan8about 11 years ago
Well done!

Another good one by Stang!

TelleophoneTelleophoneabout 11 years ago
Awesome

Another wonderful story..this one short and sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Damn!

I usually have to say that your stories are too long and too predictable. This one was worth all the hype. I actually wish it was longer

t_i_n_at_i_n_aabout 11 years ago
Great!

What a terrific way to handle it!!!! Great Idea!

sbart921sbart921about 11 years ago
Excellent Short Story!

How you were able to develop the characters is such a short space is a testament to your genius. Let's see - she wanted to get fucked, so he made sure her current one wouldn't, then he literally fucked her, and the he fucked her again by tossing her into the yard. Brilliant.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
Another 5* story.

Really worked, too.

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Definitely among your best

the shorter format works far better for you.

The only bit that 'jarred' a bit - for me, anyway - was the little interchange with the waitress. I know it was meant to tell us that he was certain to be okay, but the level of realism you'd established was definitely lowered by that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5 * - The brevity added to the story

This was succinct and solid. I enjoy your longer stories when they are particularly strange or goofy (i.e. funny), but others tend towards verbose.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
Nice

Laughed my ass off,and then some...this is a hemingway of lw,short,to the point,and finishes strong,plus the language is simple as hemingway's was.Shows some real craft,but mikothebaby must have sent it back with disgust since the ex wife didn't end up in hell or in a mexican brothel.

ace4869ace4869about 11 years ago
Good one!

That was a good short story. Nice read.

Thanks!

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Good

Good short....thanks. Back to basics works on stories too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Every week!

You stand and deliver! Thanks for a great flash, and I noted the extra work on the character development, and agree that it is harder in a shorter format. The trick of it is pulled off here, we get a very acurate picture of her with just a few paragraphs. Nice concept, and it really worked here.

DG HearDG Hearabout 11 years ago
Good story

I liked it. Good story, of course I like most of your stories. You always deliver a story that is worh taking the time to read

with respect

DG Hear

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Predictable

Although I could see what was coming in this story long before you got there I still enjoyed the read and appreciated the short version this week. I love to read the comments and shake my head at some of their attitude about your writing. What makes the world interesting I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story, well written.

This story was straight forward and to the point. The ending was predictable, but it still flowed nicely and, very effectively, kept the verbiage to the necessary minimum. I try to read all of you stories, but frankly I don't have time to spend reading a lot of senseless (unnecessary) prose, so I either quit reading altogether, or I just scan the stories picking out the more or less key points, and the ending. Sorry, but all of your "stang stuff" is just too much for me...most of the time.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
A good short story

Very fast paced and strait to the point.

Thanks for the read.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 11 years ago
I enjoyed the premise but

it sure stretched my incredulity levels. Perhaps he could have done the most basic of background checks? Like meet her family or some of her friends? Short stories needn't be so one-dimensional. 3*

Hands0nmanHands0nmanabout 11 years ago
Maybe dimwit has a point.

In the future all fictional charter should be required to undergo a fictional background check and a fictional polygraph.

angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 11 years ago
i like your new length

it looks good on you.

IgorSchmidlapIgorSchmidlapabout 11 years ago
Less is more

MUCH more! Characters are better balanced and not quite so neurotic. More believable.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 11 years ago
Handson the man(?)

Not sure what your point is apart from trying to insult me. Noted. Now why don't you try and make a comment about the story? Or better yet, stick to your own category and leave LW to the strights.

karan9876karan9876about 11 years ago
Stang look at the positive comments!

Stang look at the positive comments this story has received. As a writer this should be tremendous feedback for you in terms of writing your stories. So what have we learnt from the comments in this story?

A) Less is more... Rightly commented by someone that less is more, story is more balanced. Moral of the story? You dont need to write a story that's so long that people go off to sleep as characters behave in an abnormal way.

B)The man is not a fan of Matt Moreau's stories..... The man in the story does not behave like a wimp in the name of romance, as is the case in many of your stories. When a man behaves like one it makes much more sense. Try sticking to it is all I can request. Rest is up to you.

The high scores on this story indicate that most people agree with these views and that's refreshing... Hope to see more such stuff from you.

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

That was a very well written story. Nuff said, five stars.

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 11 years ago
Good, as Usual.

The two of you have set an extremely high standard for other writers on Lit. I have enjoyed all of your stories. Don't you get tired of 5 star ratings? Congrats on getting to Daytona. I'm in the process of moving and was not able to make it this year. Perhaps we'll have the chance to meet next year.

Again, thank you for another in a long line of great short stories.

deadonedeadoneabout 11 years ago
Good Story, enjoyed it

Really enjoyed it.

Of course she be happy to be walking away.

She is a SS06 first wife! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

By my favorite writer but I think you cheated. You got the story in

And it's shorter but only because you left out my favorite part. As a woman

I usually want to see it from the woman's point of view. No matter

how stupid or scatter brained she is. There has to be a reason even

If it's only on her mind. So you must do a part 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wow

You are a fantastic writer, I have read all your stories on this site and enjoyed them all. Thankyou.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsabout 11 years ago
Babe Hits Another One Out Of the Park

Don't care what some of those other tweebs say, you are one good writer and one I always enjoy reading. Some times I don't necessarily like the subject matter (rare as it is) but I always enjoy the way you tell it.

silver_fox0092silver_fox0092about 11 years ago
Ditto

Lane nailed that one. Definitely another good read. I like some of the longer ones, but this one was good in itself. Keep writing and we'll keep reading.

DMarshalDMarshalabout 11 years ago
And yet again....

you get 5*****. I had and ex girlfriend in college just like that. She said all kind of BS about me to others, especially to potential replacements. She just didn't count on them coming and confronting me about it. It was an interesting day when she found she couldn't get into the apartment complex. I only felt bad about the situation, because I didn't go the BTB way. She was only spared because I liked her parents who saw me as a son, as apposed to a boy dating their daughter. She still had to face the people she lied to and found her out, and especially the wrath of daddy, and her mother wasn't to far behind.

mikothebabymikothebabyabout 11 years ago
to bigchefwayne

I did not get to Daytona - had to watch it on TV like most other poor (money wise) folks - but I needed to get it edited in between the duels and the Nationwide race and all the other stuff associated with Daytona. Thank goodness my Tv is set up so I can see it and the computer monitor at the same time. NASCAR and football do not get in the way of editing that way - LOL

zed0zed0about 11 years ago
Short & Sweet

With a happy ending, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
Outta the park...

another fine tale, welll written, with a nice ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hmmm

I love ur stories always read them u have great skill and an excellent sense of humor as will as character development in a fast and unobtrusive way.

What i dont get is all the cheers for the sometimes nasty endings. Hey, life is tuff and people do stupid things and sometimes they pay dearly. You chronicle those kinds of lives. I really enjoy the emotions and makes me think how stupid we humans can me. I dont cheer the one down and crawling. The story requires it but i dont have to cheer.

Jim

count2threecount2threeabout 11 years ago
Nice Story.

She must really have a knack for finding the good guys (aka whimps) if she really would try that on a monster she would get the fedex divorce (i.e. where they find her in many different small boxes)

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago

Hahahaha ! I like how he unceremoniously dumped her on her ass. You are really funny.

A galaxy of Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
short and sweet

great story for such a short one

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Excellent!

For a moment there I was afraid he was going to take her back!

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago

I hate stories in which the perfect husband gets cheated on. I hate them because he doesn't exist. If you are the perfect husband, your wife won't have a reason to cheat. In order to be the PERFECT HUSBAND you have to be the PERFECT MAN. You will have to satisfy her more than any other man in bed, you will have to always be exactly what she needs emotionally every second of the day, and you will have to do all of this while keeping a job that pays well enough for her to have absolute security. Just because we feel that we are the perfect husband just because we don't beat our wives and don't cheat on her doesn't mean that we are. Let's face it, this guy is a fantasy, not the poor sap who gets cheated on.

But the story did make its point, and it was entertaining. I gave it 5 stars.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@javmor79

Of COURSE perfect husbands get cheated on! Just because a husband is perfect doesn't mean the wife is!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful!

The only thing better would have been if he'd have busted on her face the last time and send her out the door with a sperm covered face!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN YOU PLAY GAMES

make sure you are the only IT. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
well done

just enough to give us all we need to understand and appreciate who the real monster is.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous