All Comments on 'In a Class of His Own Ch. 04'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

Got caught up on this story, so much more enjoyable when you can read three chapters at one sitting. You write very well, your characters are full dimensioned and interesting. I hope he and Nina get together, they just fit so well as you have written them. I also loved the part about the game, although I was a Niners fan because of where we lived. The recollections of those days, the players and "Da Bears" is a very fond memory.

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaalmost 7 years ago
Schmeebs!! What a great word!

All teen-aged boy-lingo aside, this story is touching and romantic...and funny ;-).

Nice work; keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Um, wat?

You mean Steve McMahon, don't you? He was the quarterback for the Bears in the '85 season. There was no Steve McMichael.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 7 years ago
Dear Anon: Steve McMichael did exist

He was a Defensive Tackle and played for New England, Chicago and Green Bay. Jim McMahon was QB for the '85 Bears.

SkarredmindSkarredmindalmost 5 years ago
144 condoms. Gross.

Seriously love your stuff. (I'm a hardcore game geek myself, so added bonus!) Reading Westrons now, and discovering your other stories while waiting on new chapters. (Started with your D&D series, and have been a fan and follower since!)

Anyway, I just read the bulk condom line and stopped reading to come back here and comment. I laughed out loud! That was fantastic!

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
THAT BEARS GAME WAS AWESOME!!

I remember watching that Bears Game. You forgot to mention first round draft pick defensive lineman William THE REFRIGERATOR Perry. I loved it when he would play a down or two on offense scoring two touchdowns his rookie year, 1985.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Refridgerator...

Meh.

Mr. Perry was a wall that was could barely move.

Force him to run wind sprints and he'd keel over dead...literally.

That all aside, the authour's story is good so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You know this is a damn good read when you're left wanting more...!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story! Sorry to burst the Bears bubble for you, but I remember the best game from that season and quite possibly for me the greatest game ever. It was the Monday night game, when Dan Marino rolled out all game long for the one and only time of his career and put point after point after point on the vaunted Bears defense to remain the only undefeated team in NFL history.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES