All Comments on 'Incubus Nights Ch. 04'

by earlofgrey

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story

I've been following this series, it's good. One thing though, even though this story is marked as Chapter 4 of the series, it hasn't be added to the series. Otherwise, another great read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
annnnd...

ya lost me... geared up for a fight, or at least some kind of mind game or reverse control... heck even an explosive demon freeing upon his release! nope, now hes just "consort #843"

Ill still check out the next chapter, but kinda skipped back and forth through the last part trying to find out if he didnt just submit like a good little "consort #843"

great job overall mind you, dont take my dislike of this chapter to badly, but I had high hopes to see his vampire friend do something other then... well nothing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fizzle

I had high hopes for this series. Now I am just ok with it. Sam was mad she marked him. He was a bad halfdemond now he is fi fi the poodle. If I find this series again I will try to read more but I am not looking for this like I was before.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
Kind of agree with the last comment

If Sam was gonna wuss out, then why did he go see if vampire buddy for protection? While it might be because he wanted answers but if that was the case, and he didn't want harm to come to his vampire friends, then why didn't he just leave when he woke up? Then SHE wanted concessions for his surrender? And Darren just accepted it? Were the vampires not at all able to defend Sam because they totally took a back seat when Sam started talking. I also thought we would see more of his demon side. He seems a little too tame/timid. Maybe that will change ;)

Good story though :)

HurbsterHurbsterover 9 years ago
Shame.

OK, I'll admit that was quite disappointing. Was expecting more after the last chapter. Sorry but was hoping it would be a fair few chapters before she got her Mary-Sueish claws on him.

As has been said, why bother going to the vampires at all ?

Hethen129Hethen129over 9 years ago
For him to become a warrior hero

He seems to be kind of a wuss. That's who Bogatyr are hero and absolute bad asses.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
This is the problem...

...with releasing stories in chapters. Especially if the author is continuously updating the story as the work progresses.

Conditioned by the instant gratification of 10/15 second commercials and comicbooks, too may readers lack patience.

My suggestion for your equanimity is how I resolve this. I keep a special file of stories and authors that I know will only be posted over a span of weeks, months, even years.

Once or twice a year, I go back and see if there have been any updates.

I hope you find this tidbit useful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Concur

Loved the series until it sort of wimped out at the very end. As an alternate, say, Sam is actually the son of some demon lord/prince (unbeknownst to him), and he feared his demon side with good reason. The were, always so confident and almost never wrong, made a huge mistake - she can't handle his unleashed power, and it threatens to consume her and all around her. In desperation, she must beg for help from the vampires to save her ambush, adding layers of political intrigue as she she struggles to maintain control of her empire that is crashing down around her because of her arrogance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bad

This chapter ruined the series for me. It was just so rushed and it didnt make much sense. It wasn't well written and...it was just so boring. I had high hopes for when she finally gets Sam, but I didnt expect it to be so soon and it was sloppy how it happened.

Overall, this chapter just didnt live up to the anticipation caused by the previous chapters.

earlofgreyearlofgreyover 9 years agoAuthor
Ugh

Well, after the feedback I've gotten on this chapter, I'm not sure I honestly want to continue. A lot of people seem to be displeased with it. It's frustrating. Only been seeing a lot of dissatisfaction, so I'm not sure if I want to continue.

HurbsterHurbsterover 9 years ago

No-one likes a blatant Mary-sue mate, sorry. Story was great until that last chapter though. Then, well yeah ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dont give up

Re-write this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
this is good

I enjoy it, you choose our own pace. You have a great story, please continue. I reckon to those readers they are use to long reads.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Add pepper

Here's an untried incubus having sex and he isn't doing his demon thing. It's tame vanilla sex. She doesn't need to be an alpha were to survive this. I thought he would be barely able to keep her alive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
love this

I really like your story and hope you continue

Taterbug7396Taterbug7396almost 9 years ago
Please continue!!

Great story so far......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

Loved the story and wished there was more, though it looks like you may have gotten chased off by the comments. On the one hand I absolutely understand how it must feel for you, but on the other hand, as another person that aspires to write I gotta say, the best things that will help you grow as a writer is critiques though they may be hardest to swallow. If all you see is "great job, can't wait for next chapter" that's good and all but you won't get better at all like that. I also have to admit I kinda agree with what's being said even though I still liked the chapter mind you. But yeah the lack of fighting / drama was a little letdown, but the other one was the fact he didn't go out of control when he lost his virginity. It's like you built up all this anticipation and worry from his concerns about losing control once he has sex, then he has sex and... nothing. I don't know if you were originally gonna have him react in some way next chapter or not but if you were gonna have something happen, it needed to happen "this" chapter when it was actually relevant, or even a precursor / cliffhanger. I get the feeling that unfortunately you left, but despite the negatives I still enjoyed the story and chapter and would love to see more in the future, even if it's looking grim in that department. It's your story in the end, but no offense, if you're going to put work out there for people to read, you have to be willing to accept the good and the bad opinions because you're putting your work out there to be judged. If you listen to the negatives they have many things in common that they all disliked, and you can use that to learn and progress your future writing and learn from your mistakes (yes, I view it as mistakes because it seems at least 90% of the readers/fans disliked this chapter, and ultimately you are writing for the fans. it shows because of how discouraged you got when they said bad things / truths about the chapter. If you weren't writing it for them, you wouldn't care about what they said). Anyway sorry for the rant and I wish you well in the future, hopefully someday you come back and add to this story, I for one would be back to read it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous