Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
good story

and effort

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW!!!

Really good story!

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
Still wanting to know how it'll end...

Still wanting to know how it'll end...3*

billyblazebillyblazeabout 8 years ago
Good writing but ludicrous premise

And I'm not talking about the "going on a vacation with a hot girl to avoid the mobsters premise." I'm totally fine with that. I'm talking about the "therapist pretending to be the patient's girlfriend" premise--which is apparently an underlying theme of some of your stories. I started reading this particular story not realizing it was by the same author as the "Out of Love" series--a story that wound up with THE most ridiculous and unbelievable ending in the history of Literotica (which is obviously saying a lot).

Since it appears that this new story is following the same general theme, I just want to point out that there are very VERY good reasons that sex between a patient and therapist is considered unethical and is even illegal in some jurisdictions. If you really had a bunch of therapists/prostitutes pretending to fall in love with patients (especially patients that don’t even know they are patients) they would not only have their licenses revoked, they would be rightfully sued out of existence and likely arrested. The level of psychological and emotional harm that would result from anything even close to the situations you are describing would be horrific, and probably irreparable, for the "patients" that are supposedly being helped.

You are a truly gifted writer and your characters seem otherwise to be realistic and well thought out so I assume this “sex with a girl who turns out to be a prostitute/therapist” is some sort of fetish or turn-on, but it wouldn’t work, it would do MUCH more harm than good, and the “patients” would definitely NOT wind up as friends with the "therapist" that betrayed them in one of the worst ways imaginable.

cap5356cap5356about 8 years ago
love this series

love how this series keeps on going i can see how in real life this might be possible as there are many cases that this go actually work. each chapter keeps u interested in it the whole way and waiting for the next one to come out. keep writing

maninconnmaninconnabout 8 years ago
I like this guy.

And Megan rocks. Wait, it's Celtic music....Megan reels!

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverabout 8 years ago
BillyBlaze...

All this has been explained to the author when he first started writing the "Ingrams' manipulates the world of men" story line.

He doesn't care.

The fact that this type of "therapy", and I use the word only to identify what the author suggests these characters are doing, would cause massive harm to their patients doesn't seem to register.

It's like having a writer with a rape fantasy having his therapist's rape all their clients and then saying that the rape healed them all. No, really! It healed them. Really.

There is a reason why the behavior described in these story lines would get said Doctor's licenses revoked and the characters in question put in jail. It would do serious damage to the patients.

No ethical Doctor would do it. Not one.

But, never mind that. What is the point of keeping a story real enough that it actually makes sense when an author wants what he wants. Simply write that the damage actually heals the patients and keep making stories with a premise that is inane.

"So I want to write a story where police officers violently shoot people. In the head. But the bullets actually heal them!!!!. No, really. It will be a good story! Really. And I'm going to write pages and pages on it and make a whole bunch of stories about it. Yep. It'll be great. Really. No, really."

Yep, Ingams is on par with that. Which is why it can't break the 4 star threshold, despite the author being a fairly skilled writer. It's just that bad of a concept.

jezzazjezzazabout 8 years agoAuthor
Silly Premise:)

Folks.

I've said this in many emails and so on, and it's probably worth repeating here.

_OF COURSE THE PREMISE IS RIDICULOUS_

Yes, it is, and I'm the author saying that. The whole thing would never work in real life - they'd be caught, everyone of the people working there would be struck off and in jail. It's a totally silly proposition.

But, that doesn't make it any less fun. Specter and James Bond are equally ridiculous in terms of reality, but... so what? Most fiction can't really happen in real life and that's why it's fiction.

I just like the idea of manipulation through sex, and I love the idea of a clandestine agency dedicated to doing it. Of course it's not realistic. I've done my best to dot the i's and cross the t's regarding it - having at least some realistic environment helps you leave you suspend disbelief - but the basic premise itself is very silly.

That being said, I enjoy writing them, some people seem to enjoy reading them, so...not entirely sure what the problem is?

For those who really do object to the content, well, there's only two more stories left:)

As an aside, I do find it astonishing the number of people who seem to feel that because _they_ don't like something, no one else should either, and they chastise those who do.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 8 years ago
@Billy Blaze and Francis Tolliver

Megan is not Thomas's therapist. Say what you want about "Out of Love" where Jessica was hired to help Jace. But while Megan is a therapist, and she does try to help Thomas, she's not his therapist.

It is even addressed head on in the story. She says "There's no real handbook for this, Thomas. I'm just trying to do what I think is the right thing for you, to help heal the ancient wound you have. Please, excuse me if I turn into therapist mode. I really just want to help. And, it is just therapist mode. I am your friend. I care about you. And I am a therapist. But if I thought of you as a patient, I never would have slept with you. So, please, understand that this is unique for me to. But I absolutely have no agenda in this but to help you."

So, it is an unusual situation, she acknowledges it. Think of it this way. There are in fact people in real life who are therapists. And they meet people in their non-professional lives. And they probably do shift into "therapist mode" with friends if they think they can help that friend. And they might even fall in love -or just hook up- with such a friend. I think that's what Megan was describing above, and its important to remember that she is NOT Thomas's therapist.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 8 years ago
Fantasy Fiction

When I go see a movie, let's say "Guardians of the Galaxy" for instance, I pretty much know that there's no upright fox talking to the green woman and a walking tree and if I see "Walking Dead" on TV I have it on good authority that a zombie attack is not happening. If I read Tolkien, intellectually I'm pretty sure there are no Hobbits busily having second breakfasts today. However, in each case I can immerse myself into the fantasy and thoroughly enjoy myself.

So let's give the author a break here. Complaining about the proper use of psychotherapy in respect to this fictional fantasy story is silly. Oh me, oh my the entire bedrock of therapy will be shaken because of an erotic fantasy. Good grief people.

The author has created a story line and characters that tell a very good tale with a fascinating erotic central theme. Keep it up please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm enjoying your story. I will wait to rate the whole thing, but so far it has held my interest.

I can appreciate that those in the psychotherapy world feel compelled to criticize the therapy premise. I get annoyed when a writer describes how a character changed the magazine in her revolver. But I doubt anyone takes the details of these stories seriously. How could they? Its just a fun read, where good people appear to be falling in love, and the bad guys lose. That's fun, and really a breath of fresh decency on a website polluted with the celebration of adultery, betrayal, cruelty, denigration, and bestiality. Yes, I welcome some phony psychobabble that proposes to make things better for people. Preferable to the same shit we get from government and academics, who actually believe their own bullshit! And who actually really do hurt people, and end lives.

So thanks for a fun read about intense people who need help and are getting it. We know you cannot allow Megan and Thomas to end up as mates, as least not yet. I'll wait.

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
Very nice

Quite the story, the redemption of the main character, thru his acts of forgiveness and giving of himself creatively, touches me. The violin scene where he plays his creation for Megan is 5 star writing. I hope you can conclude this in a manner in which it deserves.

You are getting back to the quality of Live from the Game and it is most enjoyable to the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
even the comments suck

One cucky star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
My 2 Cents 2

In the last chapter I questioned along with others why this story is in LW. We have had no answer. Because the author wants to is no answer. Having a pretend girlfriend when everyone knows it is pretend does not qualify. It matters little that they may wind up together at the end. She is a whore maybe with a heart of gold or maybe because she owes him and was instructed to help him

javmor79javmor79about 8 years ago

Jezzaz is another one of my favorite authors. His skill is heads above most. That said, I'm not enjoying this series as much as the other Ingrams stories. I don't know what it is that is missing. Maybe the newness of the originality is wearing off. Not sure exactly. This is stilll the most creative series to hit LW, but it is like Jordan hitting the buzzer beater after the sixth championship ring. The awe has faded some, and it is just something that we expect with his level of skill.

No matter what, I will still read anything Jezzaz puts out.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
Clicking

Another nice chapter to read. Great writing; some complain it isn't their cup of tea, but if every story jezzaz wrote was the same, it would get stale perhaps. Still can't believe there are anon trolls that one star these chapters for the hell of it. I wish them festering boils. I do wonder what the last "clicking into place" was about. I look forward to the next chapter!

AffecteffectAffecteffectabout 8 years ago
Great series

I think that Ingrams is an excellent series that could go on for a long time if you want it to.

I am surprised by all of the negative comments that say the premise of the story is ridiculous and that Ingrams agents would lose their licenses and go to jail.

First, there would need to be a complaint. Where would that come from, the guy that doesn’t know he is being helped? Maybe from the crooks that got burned went to the cops? Yeah right.

Even if there was a complaint, who would it be against? Where would they send the summons exactly? What jurisdiction? What would the complaint be? Bad advice, or maybe prostitution? No traceable money changed hands. The police are too busy working on homicides (which they only solve about 63% of) to waste the time.

Megan is educated as a psychologist but isn’t licensed by a state to treat patients at an office or clinic. She doesn’t have any license to loose. She is only giving advice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ahhh, troglodytes....

...please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It's easy to see who the score cheaters are on here

Just check the number of votes they have compared with the rest of the Hall of Fame stories. These stories have 200 votes in loving wives? Right. No the author cheats and gets most of the votes thrown out. It's easy to tell. It has two favorites and this high a score? Get real

johntc24johntc24over 3 years ago
Wow

some of your best writing in this series. Really moving

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Too close and they (Ingrams and Megan) have decided it's time for her to go. Shame as I was hoping for something to come of this.

WoodencavWoodencav17 days ago

Second time reading this series, one of the best stories I’ve ever read, and this chapter is a ten ⭐️. I’m in awe of Jezzaz’s writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous