It's The Way You Look At Me Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The announcer's voice carried over the field as the starting roster was read. My name was called last as I walked onto the field and headed to the huddle. The crowd roared on our side as they called my name. I turned and gave a soft and humble wave to them before I reached the huddle and called the play. We broke from the huddle and headed to the line.

I scanned the defense and saw that Jordan's defender was playing off like I had seen in the film. I knew I needed to change the play. I stepped back and pointed to my temples as I looked first at Jordan then over at Wade on the other side of the field. I turned to Mack as he stepped forward to get the change. I glanced at Jordan again and saw his hand shaking. He got the message as I went under center again and began my count.

I took the snap on two and turned to fake the hand off to Mack. I pulled it away and set my feet to see what I had. Jordan was on a button hook route that made his defender retreat a little until he started to hook. I gave a hard fake towards Jordan then reset the ball in my grip as Jordan turned back up the field and took off. The corner jumped the fake then didn't have enough speed to recover once Jordan raced past him. I sent the ball on its' way towards the sideline. Jordan never broke stride as he ran under the ball and passed the safety as he caught it. There was nothing but open field in front of him as he easily pulled away from the safety.

I knew he was going to score the moment I let the pass go. I held my arms in the air as it dropped right into his arms. He continued to pull away from the safety until he ran out of field and scored. 91 yards to open the game was a great way to start off the night. I pointed towards the sky then ran by my linemen to tell them good job in protection before I worked my way to the sideline.

The bench cheering was drowned out by the home crowd roaring. They congratulated me as I worked my way down to find coach. He had a grin on his face as he wrapped his arm around me and spoke.

"Alright Owen," he laughed. "You got that out of your system, will you listen to the calls I give you now?"

"It was a freebie," I laughed. "You can't pass that one up."

He could only laugh as he agreed with me. "I knew I kept you around for a reason."

I laugh as I waited for Jordan to find his way back to the bench and find me. Coach had given me a lot of freedom this season. I remembered not so long ago I was on a short leash and I couldn't make my own calls. He trusted me now and let me make the calls from the line from time to time.

Jordan cheered as he slapped my butt. "I guess you were right about them biting."

I just nodded with a grin on my face as we went to the bench.

"Good job baby," we heard Kelly call.

Jordan smiled as he waved over his shoulder at her.

"You might be getting lucky tonight," I teased.

"I scored," he laughed. "Of course I am."

"Now I have to score," I said.

"I saved you some time," he laughed.

We went into the half with us leading 21 to 14. I hadn't scored but I had thrown the three touchdown passes that gave us the 21 points. I hit Jordan on another stop and go route before getting Wade involved on a post route.

We came out in the third and looked flat footed as they had adjusted on both sides of the ball. We hardly had the ball during the third quarter. They got the opening kickoff and worked their way down the field to even the score. We got the ball and went three and out after Jordan looked before he ran and dropped the pass.

They got the ball back and drove the field again to get another score and take a seven point lead. The kickoff had promise but that quickly went away when the ball popped free around the 35 and bounced around the field. The visitors' side roared as they came up with the ball and had it just inside our 40.

"There goes this game," Jordan groaned.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I quipped. "We have the fourth quarter to win this thing. Just don't drop the damn ball when I throw it to you and we won't be stopped."

"Listen asshole," he laughed. "I was trying to pad your stats so you can go to college."

"Instead it went down as an incompletion," I teased. "How's that padding my stats?"

"Dick," he joked.

They scored three plays later. A tired and deflated defense came to the sidelines as they kicked the ball off again. We kept the ball this time and finally took the field again. I led us down the field keeping things short and simple. Jordan caught a few and Wade caught a few. I hit Mack running the flats from the backfield on a few more. Finally, I ran it in from the fifteen and scored it myself.

"Pussy all around," Jordan cheered as we got back to the bench.

"Quiet down man," I hissed. "Damn, Courtney's dad is sitting right up there."

"Sorry," he said sheepishly.

We got a quick drink and talked about what we needed to do when we got the ball back. Jordan left the bench and went to watch from the sideline. I glanced back and saw Courtney smiling at me. I continued down the line of cheerleaders and saw Jamie smiling at me too. I stopped and studied Jamie as she banged her pompoms together and shouted to the crowd. Something about her kept my attention as I watched her move. The way her hips moved under her skirt had me captivated. Her ass came in and out of view as she jumped and twirled around. It was so supple and perfect. Why are you looking at your cousin I asked myself? I couldn't come up with an answer as I continued to watch her.

"Hey Casanova?" Jordan barked.

"What?" I cried.

"We are about to get the ball back. They are punting."

"Yeah, ok," I said coming back to the world and the game.

I climbed from the bench and headed to the sideline to watch them punt.

"Dude?" Jordan hissed. "What were you doing over there? I've never seen you check out of a game like that before. I was yelling your name for like a minute."

"It wasn't that long," I quipped.

"Still," he pressed.

"I need a dip," I lied and gave a Bobby a joking look.

"Sorry I sat on your can and broke it," Bobby offered.

Bobby was the center and a genuinely nice guy. He was solid but fat and rather clumsy at times. We teased him a lot but he took it in stride and never let it bother him. The banter started as more guys started to get into a teasing match right there on the sideline.

"If you watched what you were doing instead of stuffing your face all the time you would see things lying around. Damn, you know how important that stuff is to Owen."

"I can't help it that I'm hungry," Bobby laughed. "Not everybody can be a fucking stick with the metabolism of a fucking cheetah."

"Look at what you've done to Owen," Shane jumped into the teasing now. "He can't think straight."

"I'll buy him another can after the game," Bobby croaked.

"It won't do him any good now tubby," Jordan poked. "He needed to get his head straight and that shit is the only thing that helps him besides beer."

"I'll buy you a twelve pack if you win us the game Owen," Bobby offered.

"Dammit," I barked. "Can we stop already? We have a fucking game to win here boys."

"It's about damn time we agreed on something," coach said as he came into the banter. "We have three minutes on the clock."

He started giving instructions on what he wanted from us before we hit the field. We came out running the ball. We picked up a few but we needed more than a few to keep the drive going. Problem solved when Jordan slanted and caught a pass for ten yards. That gave us a first down and moved us just over midfield now.

We ran it again on first down to keep them honest. We still had time so we didn't need to completely abandon the run just quite yet. Second down had me throwing towards Wade this time. It hit him right in the hands before he dropped it.

"Sorry Owen," he said sheepishly as he came back to the huddle.

"No worries," I said quickly. "Squeeze it the next time and make sure. We still got this, let's dig deep and get this. We got two downs left."

We went with three wide as I went under center. I saw them stacking the line and knew they were coming on a blitz by the way they played up close. I knew I had to change the play as I stopped my count and pulled away from Bobby.

"Mixer," I yelled and banged on the top of my helmet. "Mikey, go wide, motion out. Bobby, I'm moving back to shotgun."

He glanced around his body to look back at me. I stepped away as I banged my helmet again and passed the word out to the three wide on my left. Bobby started passing the word to the line that I was moving back.

Mikey slipped out and stood at the wide receiver spot now as I turned to Mack and pointed for him to move to my right. "Option Mack, if they don't blitz from that side. I know they are coming, I just don't know from where."

"Yeah," he nodded.

I scanned the defense again before I lifted my foot. They were still coming but I didn't know from where. Bobby set the line as I clapped my hands and waited. The snap flew into my hands. Everything was happening quickly but it seemed so slow as my mind worked quickly to decipher the play and make my choice.

The blitz was coming from the right side leaving a small opening on the left. I knew Mack would pick up one of the two defenders and buy me a little time. The option of running left then tossing it to Mack was gone now so I took off myself rather than stand there and try to throw into traffic. I found a small opening and pushed through it. I was just about to break through the line when an arm smacked my shin and caused me to stumble. That was all they needed to slow me down and tackle me. If it wasn't for the one arm hitting my leg I would have had an easy first down.

"Fuck," I grunted as I rolled to my feet and tossed the ball to the ref. "I thought I had that one."

The whistle blew now as coach took a time out. I looked at the spot before I headed to the sideline to get the play call face to face now. It was fourth and two and we had to get the first or the game was over since we were still down by a score.

"What the hell was that?" coach asked. He wasn't mad, he was just confused by my call.

"I knew they were coming so I changed the play to the option. They ran right into it so I had to take it myself. I had it but it got tripped up at the last second. I have no idea where that arm came from."

"Alright, alright," he said waving his hand. "It's cool. I saw the blitz coming, I just thought you would go to something short and simple."

"I need Omaha for that. Three wide isn't a good one for short and simple since Frankie doesn't process audibles very well. Plus, they were coming. I wouldn't have had the time."

"Right, right," coach sighed. "I got ya."

"It's fourth and two, what do you want?" I asked.

"Let's see," he sighed and scanned his sheet. "I'll give you Omaha, PA left sweep, J in out, W hard slant."

"You got it coach," I said getting my orders then heading for the huddle.

Jordan was looking at me as I started for the huddle with the play. Since that first long pass, his defender had been giving him the short stuff underneath the plays in order to keep him in front of him. He was always flat footed and basically stood there letting Jordan run his route before he moved to make the tackle. I knew we could beat him if we went for it. It was risky but I had that feeling.

"Jordan," I called as I reached him.

"Yeah dude?" he smiled.

"Here's what I want you to do. If he plays off of you, I want you to run straight at him then straight through him. I'll drop one over your shoulder if the safety plays up to stop the run. If not, I'll throw a back shoulder pass that you have to come back for but it will get us what we need."

"You think that's going to work?" he asked.

"He's been standing there all night giving you the underneath stuff. If you press him he won't be able to recover. Just run it hard and fast and find the safety. He will dictate where I throw the ball."

"You got it man," he smiled.

"Alright," I called as I reached the rest of the men. "We have to get this. If not it's over. Let's get this done. Know your assignments and get this done. We got this."

I gave the call as it was given to me. Jordan and I knew about the adjustment and we let it be just between us right now. I went to the line and stood under center and looked. Sure enough they were playing into what I wanted. They stacked the line figuring on a run. The corner playing Jordan was off about five yards so he could keep the play in front of him and break on the ball to try and stop it.

I took the ball on a one count and stretched it out for Mack on the fake to the left. I pulled it back and rolled to my right to see what Jordan was doing. By the time I saw him he had about three steps on his guy with no help over the top. I set my feet and let one go that flew perfectly through the air then dropped over his shoulder as he adjusted to my throw and ran under it. I raised my hands high in the air as he caught it and continued on to score again for the third time tonight.

I turned to coach as Jordan got to about the ten and started begging right away. The roaring of the crowd almost covered my voice as I ran closer to coach and called.

"Coach, go for two."

He looked at me and started thinking.

"Come on coach," I called again. "Go for it. We got this coach. That just about killed them."

He sighed. "This is the season Owen. You better make sure you guys get this."

"I got it," I assured him.

"What do you want then?" he questioned.

"Play action with a fade to Jordan in the corner," I said confidently.

"Jumbo," he yelled. "Jumbo package. Z, HB slash, PA, J fade right."

I turned and headed back out on the field. I started waving the offense back onto the field as they were still cheering with Jordan in the end zone.

"We're going for two," I called. "Come on, huddle up."

"What's going on?" Bobby asked.

"Two points," I called. "We are going to win this thing right now."

I knelt and looked at Jordan. "You fresh?"

"Shit," he chuckled. "That was nothing. I could do that about ten more times tonight before I get tired."

"He's going to play you tighter now, cut in then turn to the outside for a fade pass. I'm going to hit you right in the back corner."

He gave me the thumbs up as I gave the official play call and broke the huddle. I lined up behind Bobby, went through a quick look at what the defense was doing then took the snap. I turned and stuck the ball out for Mack before I pulled it away and set my feet. Jordan was making his turn against tight coverage but I had the confidence in him. We had done this a thousand times before in all the years we had played together. I knew he would make the play if I gave him a chance.

I lobbed it gently to the back corner and watched him extend his arms and pull the ball into his hands. He was just like a pro as he dragged both of his feet in the green before the corner plowed into him and forced him out of bounds. He slid across the grass at the back of the end zone with the ball still securely in his grip. The ref raised his hands in the air, giving the signal that we had scored two.

The home crowd roared loudly again as I jogged over to Jordan and hugged him. We turned and started back towards the bench and took in the sights of our home town cheering us on. I broke my usual calm manner and started waving my hands up and down to get them louder as we reached coach.

"You changed my play again I see," he half smiled.

"I ran the fade," I offered, knowing he wasn't referring to the last play.

"Owen," he chuckled a little.

"I saw something so I made the change," I smiled.

"Only you," he smiled back. "If you didn't have such a high football IQ I'd wanna kill you sometimes."

"A student of the game," I chuckled a little. "I know coach."

"That was a great throw anyway," he smiled. He slapped my back before turning away and focusing on the kickoff then the defense.

I worked my way to the bench and got another shot of water before returning to the sideline to watch the defense. The score we had just put up against them made them fold. They went four plays and then turned the ball over on downs. All I had to do was head out there and knell down to run the clock out. I did just that then tossed the ball to the ref before heading back towards the locker room.

"Owen," Courtney called over the crowd.

"Yeah," I called back as I worked my way to her.

"Good job out there," she cheered.

"Keeping the dream alive," I smiled. "Me and my boy."

"Sure," she smiled. "What's the plan for tonight?"

"You know what we do on a Friday night after we win. Let me get cleaned up and I will let you know when I am going to be at your house to get you."

"Scrub yourself good," she sassed.

I leaned in and kissed her a few times before I moved on. She smiled and waved as she went off to the parking lot. I found Jamie a few steps later and took her into my arms.

"What are you going to do tonight?" I asked.

"I have a date with Erik," she smiled.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked.

"I don't know dad," she giggled. "Out, I guess."

"You're not coming out with us?" I asked.

"I don't know what he has planned."

"Just be careful," I warned. "Call me if you need me."

"I will," she smiled at my concern. "I will see you later." She gave me another kiss on the cheek before she took off too.

I ran into my next visitor but this was an unexpected one.

"You looked really good out there," a guy with a Texas Longhorns hat said. I assumed he was a recruiter from Texas or he was really confused.

"Thank you," I said.

"I see you have quiet the fan base with the girls," he joked.

"Yeah," I laughed. "Something like that."

"The girls in Texas are a dime a dozen with those kind of looks," he hinted.

"Is that a fact?" I asked.

"Sure is," he smiled. "Do you think we can talk about your future sometime soon?"

"I'm open anytime," I smiled.

"I will be in touch," he said. He shook my hand before working his way back into the crowd.

"Mr. popular tonight," Jordan joked.

"What can I say?" I laughed. "When you look as good as you play it happens."

"You're so full of shit," he said trotting into the locker room with me.

Coach gave a brief speech about the game. He dismissed us and let us get cleaned up. I showered and got cleaned up before texting Courtney I was on my way to get her.

I pulled up to her house and headed to the door. I gave it a soft knock and waited until her dad answered it.

"You played a good game tonight Owen," he said, letting me in.

"Thank you sir," I said.

"You ready for the start of regionals next week?" he asked.

"We have a long week of practice ahead of us but I'm sure we will be ready for it."

Courtney came around the corner and smiled when she saw me waiting on her. I smiled back. She looked really good tonight. She wore a loose skirt that stopped at her knees and a yellow halter top.

"Try to have her back by midnight will you?" he said.

"Yes sir."

We climbed into my truck and took off to the meadows as we called it. It was the local hangout spot way out on the edge of town. There were only a few houses around so we could have a good time if we didn't get to loud.

We bounced down the dirt trail until it opened up into a grassy field. There was already a crowd there and a fire was blazing. We both started towards the fire where I knew Jordan would have a spot saved for the both of us. I could already smell the pot as we got close to the fire.

"Well look who showed up," Jordan laughed.

I smiled as I sat in one of the empty chairs. Courtney took the one right next to me.

"Who the hell is smoking a joint?" I asked.

"Probably Ronnie," Kelly answered.