Ivy Pt 02 (aka Jasmine)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was surprised with her response. She thought I was talking about Ivy her mother, not Ivy her daughter. But to confuse Ivan...?

As they started to wheel her out of the room, Jasmine said something that I'd never forget for the rest of my life. Something that would throw my life back into a world of turmoil.

With one last look and smile at me over her shoulder, Jasmine told me, "I'll see you tonight, remember you promised. Love you, Daddy."

...Daddy?

*****

I had time to let it sink in. Daddy? She called me Daddy.

"Rose, for crying out loud she thinks I'm her father! She called me Daddy. She obviously doesn't know that she was married to me! She also thought that Ivan was a boyfriend of your mothers. She doesn't even remember her own children! Did you know about this? What am I supposed to do?"

"Dad, slow down," Rose replied by putting her cup of coffee down and then putting her hand on my shoulder. "The doctors told me she had memory loss. It's common in accidents of that magnitude. I didn't know that she had lost that much of her memory."

Rose looked concerned as well. I could see the worry on her face and the sadness in her eyes. "I'll talk with the doctors, but it's hard to tell how deep amnesia can be, and what she does and doesn't remember. I am really so sorry. I had no idea either."

It was hard not to leave my head hanging but I tried to keep it up for Rose. "I know I should be grateful that she is just alive. And I am, don't get me wrong. I'm extremely grateful. I could do back flips right about now."

Rose laughed a little. "If you even try a back flip right now, you'll just end up in a hospital bed next to her, you know. You're not as young as you used to be."

I laughed in return. "Hey! First of all, I'm not that old. Secondly, being in a hospital bed next to Jasmine wouldn't be that bad of a deal so don't tempt me."

She laughed and shook her head. I continued, "I'm just worried. Not just for her, but for the twins, too. I mean, she views me as her father, just like she used to when she was younger. Ok, obviously her feelings did change for me from father to soul mate somewhere along the way," I felt creepy saying it like that, like some kind of pervert even though I knew Rose would understand what I meant, "but her memory loss obviously goes back far enough to when she remembered me as her father figure."

I sighed. "Well, I love Jasmine, and will do whatever it takes for her. I can't imagine never being intimate with her again, or loving her as a husband loves a wife, but," I choked, "if she never gets that part of her memory back, I'll still be there for her. As a father, as a friend, as whatever she needs."

It looked like Rose was tearing up. "Hey, don't doubt her too much. She fell for you before, she'll do it again. Just give her time."

"Thanks Rose, but I'm a realist, and with exception of the last few days my luck hasn't been that great. We both know there's a chance that will never happen. And the last thing I want to do is force her to feel something that isn't genuine."

I smiled. "But the most important thing is Jasmine is back with us. All of us need to focus on her for a while, remind her she is loved and do absolutely whatever it takes to care for and comfort her."

*****

It was amazing how quickly Jasmine started to heal and progress through physical therapy. She was already walking with a walker; she could take a good ten steps before she had to sit and rest. And even then she refused to sit for long. Jazz would be right back up again to try and conquer another ten steps. I don't know if she was progressing so rapidly because she was surrounded by family and friends or if it was because her body had so much time to heal during her almost two year long coma. I'd like to think it was the former, but either way I was grateful. We all came together to help Jazz. Even her mother and I got along well as we bent over backwards to get her better. I guess hell was in the process of freezing over.

There were a few bumps along the way, of course. Like the twins, her children. When she was discharged from the hospital, Jazz insisted on coming to stay with me. Obviously I wasn't going to complain, but I didn't know how to explain Ivy and Ivan. What was the best way to explain the two young ones, who didn't even remember their mother since they were barely five months old when the car accident happened and hadn't seen her since? It wasn't fair for Ivy and Ivan to not realize their mother was back with them. It was even less fair to Jasmine to explain that I wasn't really her father figure but I was much more than that.

Reluctantly, I would have to explain Ivy and Ivan in a not so truthful manner. The easiest road would have been to tell her that they were her brother and sister. With all the kids that her mother, Ivy, had along with the problem of closing her legs, it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch. I considered asking Rose if she'd pretend to be the mother of Ivy and Ivan, but that would be too hard to pull off and it wouldn't be fair to Rose anyway. I'm still not sure what the best decision was, but I had to choose something.

Well, no matter what I would decide, the fact was Ivy and Ivan knew I was their father and would treat me as such. Not like I'd want it any other way.

Another major speed bump besides the twins would be our husband-wife relationship. What I really wanted to do was confess to her that I was her husband. The doctors told me it would be best for Jasmine to give it some time and try to let her memories return normally. But that was if they would return at all. In a normal amnesia situation, various methods of jogging one's memory could normally help restore memories of the past and was an encouraged method, but they were worried that it could be too much strain for her if her perception of me suddenly jumped from father figure to husband. The last thing I wanted to do was set back her healing process.

Of course, I began to think the worst. What if she never viewed me as a husband? What if those memories never returned? What if, even worse, she'd get better and fall in love with some other guy and want to marry him? I tried not to think about that, because if I did my head would start spinning. But right now, Jazz needed me.

"Careful now, watch your step." I held the door open and held Jazzi's arm as she carefully walked through the door and into our house.

"Mi casa es su casa, hon. Make yourself at home." I smiled as I said it, but honestly it made me sick I had to even say that when the truth was it was already OUR home. "I've made up your room downstairs."

Before I could even get inside the house, Ivy and Ivan came running up to me. "Daddy, Daddy!"

Jazz smiled as I bent down to pick them up and give them a hug and a kiss. "They're adorable. I still can't believe you have two children, let alone twins." I thought I saw a flash of sorrow cross her face for a moment. It was probably because I told her that their mother was out of the picture for the time being. Yes, it was my first bald faced lie and I didn't feel good about it.

"They certainly grow up quick," I said.

Ivy, Jazz's mother and today's babysitter for Ivy and Ivan, ran up to hug her. "Jasmine!"

As the two embraced each other, it did warm me up a little knowing that the two of them were on much better terms than they used to be. I could see them both crying, especially Ivy.

"I just finished making up your room. I wasn't expecting you two this soon. You must have made great time from the hospital. Let me help you to your room."

"I'm fine, Mom. The last thing I want to do right now is lay down. I'm tired, but its great just being in a normal home right now and out of the hospital. Besides, I have two children I need to get to know." Jasmine bent down slightly, smiling at Ivy and Ivan.

It was as if she never left. I almost cried right then and there. While Jasmine was looking at the twins, I looked over at Ivy and could tell she was thinking the same thing; I saw tears forming in her eyes, too.

"Ivy, Ivan, can you say hi to the pretty lady?" I wanted to instead say, "This is your mother," but didn't.

Ivy was a little bashful. She didn't say anything but looked at Jazz, burying her head against my chest. Ivan on the other hand gave her a big smile and said "Hi!"

I put the twins down and thanked Ivy for watching them. I knew Ivy still had mixed emotions about me and Jazz, but ever since we found out she was alive, Ivy did everything she could to bend over backwards for her oldest daughter. Like me, she took days and days off of work until there wasn't any more to take off.

"Take care of her, Tim," she whispered to me as she started to head out the door. She turned to me one last time and said with a sad smile, "I already know you will. Thank you for that." Ivy closed the door behind her.

*****

"Ok, Jazzi, you have to be starving. Now that the kids are down for their naps, why don't you let me make you something? I know, how about waffles?"

Jasmine smiled. "Sure, waffles sound great. Why waffles though? It's the middle of the day."

I laughed. "Well, I'm not sure if you remember, but the first time you came to live with me and help out as my assistant, we had waffles. Well, technically we picked up a pizza and ate it here, but that doesn't count."

I could see her desperately trying to remember. "So you're saying I lived here at one time?"

I was a little heartbroken that she didn't remember. It wasn't surprising, but it still wasn't easy to take. "You did. For a while, actually." I smiled, thinking of our happy times together. Pulling the frozen waffles out of the freezer, I began to tell her about the waffles she made for us the next morning and how I braved trying the near-expired maple syrup. How I acted like it was poison and threw myself on the floor convulsing. She laughed as I told her the story.

"So, when did you get married, then? I mean, I assume you were married when you had Ivy and Ivan. Quite honestly I'm surprised you named your little girl after Ivy, especially with all the pain she caused you."

I cringed a little. We were tackling questions that I didn't want to answer. I thought for a moment that I noticed a look on her face of concern, not just mere curiosity, as she asked her questions.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed at Ivy for what she did to you. And me, even. But I'm grateful everyone -- including her -- was at my side this entire time." A look of concern crossed her face. "Please tell me Ivy and Ivan aren't my mother's. I know the affect that woman has on you."

I laughed. "No, no, trust me. She's old news. Have a little faith in me."

Jasmine still waited for me to explain as I put the waffles in the toaster oven. She crossed her arms as if waiting for some kind of explanation.

"Um, well, their mother, like I told you, is out of the picture."

"Are you two still married? Divorced?"

Fuck, I can't believe she's asking me that. If I said divorced, I'd be a liar. If I said married that would open up a whole different can of worms and take me down a path I didn't want to go on. I figured I'd try to turn the tables on her so I could avoid answering. Answer a question with a question and hope it worked. I couldn't win by answering that question.

"Why are you so interested?"

I think I caught her off guard with that one. She came off the offensive and sunk back into the couch a little. "Well, I don't know. Ivy and Ivan are so cute and adorable. Clearly they get it from you. It's hard to believe anyone could leave them behind." She sighed, "Plus you've been through so much. You deserve someone special in your life to help you raise them and care for them."

It was hard not to choke up. Still, I managed a smile as I started to pour the syrup on the waffles. "Well, in that case you'll have to help me for a little while. Don't think just because you're doing physical therapy that you can duck out of helping me around this place and earning your keep." I winked at her.

She looked indignant, at least in a playful kind of way. "Oh really? Well when I get better and start making more meals around the house and cleaning up and changing diapers, don't be surprised if you get a weekly bill from me!"

I laughed. "Well clearly the accident didn't sap out your fiery personality." I brought out the waffles, milk and orange juice. I went to the couch to get Jazz and escort her to the table so she could eat. Gently I took her arm. As I helped her to stand, I looked into her eyes and told her, "In all seriousness, though, you just focus on getting better, ok? I lost you once. I'm not planning on losing you again."

She looked at me with those beautiful eyes. She opened her mouth as if to say something, but instead only nodded. Jasmine leaned forward to hug me, squeezing those amazing breasts against my chest. I didn't want the embrace to end. I breathed in deep as I smelled the sweet scent of her hair.

Even if she didn't love me as a husband, I could still love her as a wife, even if she didn't know it.

Breakfast was like heaven. It was simple and cheap, and the waffles weren't exactly made from scratch. We didn't really talk that much at the table.

But without a doubt it was the single best meal of my life.

*****

Several months went by and Jasmine was getting better. She had small parts of her memory return, but not nearly as much as I had hoped nor as fast as I wanted. We did manage to visit Ken, Mary, and Breanne a couple times. The funny thing is Jazz and I completely expected them to be angry with us. Here they had what they thought was their daughter, recovering in a hospital that had just survived a horrendous accident and began to emerged from a coma. And then with a cruel twist of fate, they soon began to learn that it was someone else who looked almost identical to their daughter. But it wasn't their daughter. As nervous as we both were, they somehow put us both at ease and were at peace with what happened to Katrina. I always thought it should have been the other way around.

I still don't know how they did it. They showed so much grace to us and found peace that their daughter was up in heaven. Their strength was amazing. When I thought Jasmine had died, I never found a shred of the peace that they had.

In fact, Jasmine and Breanne had become good friends. What amazed me the most about all of this, was that even when Breanne found out that Jasmine really wasn't Katrina, she still worked with her in therapy as if Jasmine really was her sister. Even when Jasmine was released from the hospital, her and Breanne kept in contact through email and facebook almost every day, and even managed to visit each other every one or two weeks. Rose would often join them. It was like the three of them became close sisters. I'm not saying that Katrina could be replaced, but it did seem to me that even though Breanne lost a sister, she gained two more.

Jasmines mobility was also getting better. She could walk a lot further without getting tired. She wasn't exactly doing P90X, but Jazz did a lot of swimming, did some walking and light jogging, and even took up light weight training to strengthen her body. She would even try to help around the house but I thought she was overdoing it. Our first argument since she'd been back came one night when I came home from work to find her surprising me with a homemade dinner.

I could smell the salmon before I even entered the house. It smelled amazing. When I opened the door I expected to see company, but it was just Jasmine in the kitchen.

"Jasmine, what are you doing?" I didn't think before I blurted it out. No hellos or "it smells good but" or anything. Of course it didn't even dawn on me how rude it sounded until well after our argument.

She looked shocked at my reaction. "I'm making salmon and wild rice for dinner, one of your favorites, you jerk."

"I'm sorry, it's just, well, I thought it was your Grandmothers turn to watch Ivy and Ivan today."

"I know. I sent her home early. I'm feeling a lot better, and besides I can't just sit on the couch all day. I can take care of Ivy and Ivan and even make dinner. Not bad for a 'little girl', huh?" She stuck her tongue out at me.

I wasn't amused. The last thing I wanted was for her to relapse or hurt herself. "Look, Jasmine Marie, I don't mind if you do some of your exercising, only because the doctors said it would help you recover, but they also said you also need your rest time and you're not doing that."

"Oh, so we're using my middle name now?" she snapped back. "Yes, Daddy," she said with oozing sarcasm and anger. "Forgive me for taking care of the twins and trying to do something nice for you, like making one of your favorite meals." She slammed the wooden spoon in her hand onto the counter and it bounced up and flipped over, falling on to the floor.

I cringed as she said "Daddy" again. My temper, combined with the use of her middle name, led her down a bad path. I was hoping she'd come to see me as her husband and have memories return of her married life with me, and now I'd just set us back I don't know how many months by acting like her father. Fuck.

Jazz started to storm off to her room. "Rice is done. Salmon has a few more minutes. Make it yourself. I have some 'resting' I need to do." She put an emphasis on the word resting.

"Wait...wait." I chased her down to apologize. I lightly grabbed the back of her arm and turned her around. "I'm sor..." I choked as I tried to apologize. She unknowingly had distracted me. Now that I was on the other side of the counter I saw how she was dressed; I already knew that she had a white, tight little tank top on because I could see it when I walked in. But what I didn't realize she was wearing only panties until now and the tank top was more of a midriff, so I got to see a lot more of her flesh than I thought possible.

I felt like I was staring at her sexy flat tummy and tight little white panties. Well, I was staring at them. I closed my eyes and lowered my head to the floor, hoping that she didn't notice. And so I could concentrate on the apology. It was bad enough that I also had to strategically move my hands in front of my crotch so she wouldn't see my tent poking out.

"I'm sorry, honey."

I raised my head and opened my eyes to see that her entire demeanor had changed. She wasn't angry anymore, but she did have a perplexed yet amused look on her face that I couldn't figure out.

I tried to pretend that my faux pas had never happened and carefully continued with my apology. "I really mean it, I am sorry. I just, well, I guess I'm a bit on edge. I lost you once, Jazzi. I don't EVER want to lose you again. That was the worst thing in the world that could ever happen to me, and as you know I've had a few bad things come my way, to say the least. I don't want you to overdo it and end up back in the hospital, or worse. I love that you love taking care of Ivy and Ivan, and that you love cooking and cleaning and everything else."

I even had to slip in what was on my heart. I said "Believe me. You'll make the perfect wife some day. But like I said, don't overdo it." That statement was just vague enough, but to me I already knew she WAS the perfect wife. My wife, even if she didn't know it.

I think I was saying the right things, because I could tell by looking into her big doe eyes that she was melting a little.

"Hey, you're not gonna lose me. Even if you do act like an ass," she smiled.

I laughed and nodded. "I know, I know. Just be careful." I held her face in my hands gently; I wanted to communicate how serious I was feeling. "Remember what the doctors said about your brain trauma and loss of memory. I don't need you getting a stroke on me."