All Comments on 'Jack Bell: Redux Ch. 02'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 148 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A winer

Nicely done, You've succeded in redeeming Karen's ending. Expect to read more from you in the future.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Predictable

It was an interesting tale and you told it well. Unfortunately it appears that these two chapters were nothing more than a vehicle to get your characters back together. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with a reconcilliation. Its just that in my opinion it was a much more powerful and memorable story before these two chapters.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Pretty good

Would have been better without the all the criminal activity & longshot coincidences though. I think Karen getting raped was too much. I personally would have liked it better if Jack had arrived in time to save her from that (after he had already decided to see if they could get back together that is). Having him come in during makes it seem too much like he she was being punished for previous actions and makes it seem like his empathy and desire to help her effected his decision to reconcile.

It was still a pretty good story even if I think a more straightforward approach would have been better in this case. I understand the desire to have something different but in this case, it seemed to me that the coincidences, cons and rape were all contrivances that detracted from the underlying story. I think that telling a story well (especially this type of story that is more about characters, personalities and emotions) is all that is needed. IMO, having intrigue, heroics, outside subplots, and other machinations mostly just detract from the characters.

My personal preference would have been a story about them getting back together rather than a mystery/action/adventure story with a one sentence reconciliation at the end. Still a good story even if I thought it wasnt as good as Karen and the first part of Jack Bell (you shouldnt write to please the critics anyway). Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What average-joe said, ditto

Average-Joe's comment summed it up nicely.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
All's well that ends well...

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. You delivered!

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
I liked the whole thing

Well done. I was one of those who felt after the first story was complete that there was room for more story to follow. I'm glad the author agreed and gave us this very good follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Poor Karen

The prose and punctuation looks good.

You do need some editing: the paragraphing describing the rape was jumbled. It would've made more sense to completely separate those sentences into paragraphs.

I find these coincidences a bit annoying. Apparently, the population of Philly is around 8 or so.

What I don't understand is that rape sequence. I mean WTF?

Frank's experienced at doing this, so why rape her at HER home. He'll find a hotel or something, maybe even bring her to his home and do the deed there.

The only reason you chose her place is so Jack can find them.

Secondly, I don't think you grasp how Federal agents work. If they were waiting for Jack's encounter with the sinister duo, why didn't they bust them after the meeting?

If they had to wait, they'd then tail Frank to make sure they know where he is, or to see with whom else he works,

and I'm sure they notice at least him giving her a mickey. Additionally, if the cops had to wait, they wouldn't pick up Margie immediately due to lack of evidence.

(I also think one shouldn't write about things one knows nothing about, or at least watched Cops or such programs. Heck, even alot of those fake cop shows get that bit right.)

I just don't know why you did this to poor Karen. She's suffered enough, now you have to go and do this to her.

I gave the previous chapter a 100%, but doing that to Karen makes me think you didn't think that rape bit through, which is why I'm not givingyou that 100% you'd otherwise deserve.

I do have to admit you almost got me on this ending. I did pick up on why she decided she had to give him one, but I thought you threw in that real O bit to make her realize he wasn't just a mark. I also crossed reference that with Jerry's conversation, and since you glossed it over with that "tale of woe" I thought there was only cheating.

Oh well, please continue writing, but please, please think your outline through.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Good ending

I was hoping things would end well and it did. Good job.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Very complicated path

but it finally led to a happy ending.

Realizing how badly she scerewed up and sincerely loving only Jack you really couldn't leave her flapping in the wind. At least , I didn't think so! Good story.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
writer's

prerogative to write their story as the envision it. as long as it is in the realm of possibility, it's writer legal. i agree on the rape, but i didn't write the story. my personal feelings at the start of the rape, were, if jack sees this and walks away, i give up. this marriage would never stand a prayer of a chance. glad to see this story close, now i no longer have a hole in my chest (see comments, chapter1). good job author, a fan always.

noone269noone269over 18 years ago
Good Story!

The thing I really didn't care for was the fact that Jack didn't get there in time to stop the rape. That would fit better into the story, and poor Karen had already suffered enough. As far as the feds, well you could have written their actions a little better. Also they would have had Jac, Frank, and Mariah under visual surveillance as well. The chances of Frank getting away with drugging her drink with agents watching would have been slim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I enjoyed it

I liked them back together and I have no issues with them back together. The rape happening and Jack's response by not leaving shows he cares for Karen and will keep her. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Needs more of an ending

Great story, but the last paragraph should have been about a page long. You spend all this time in getting them back together and don't spend any time explaining what its like when they are back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
great overall story and ending.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
ty

Ty for a beautiful story.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 18 years ago
At the end...

Nice build up and delivery on the story, wrapped things up and set us on their future course.

Unfortunately I agree with another poster in that the last paragraph could have been a long segment or even a new story...but it was, shall we say, out of the context of your story.

well Blue, you really have set the bar for yourself on your first tale.... what else do you have up your sleave?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
by the skin of one's teeth!

except for the extremely rushed conclusion, i have to agree Blue saved herself from her own seemingly aimless wondering there for a while (e.g., the Cookson angle's a rather small clever one to bring up to "save" one other strong character in the story: Sarah, whom Blue didn't spend too much time with but whom the author made into such a strong character only to be seemingly throw away)

having said that, i must also say she's made the Mariah-Frank scam into a story that's much more interesting to follow --- even if just for cheap, "Amirica's Most Wanted" thrilling ending --- than to merely hear/see Jack busting Karen's door open to rescue her, almost in time, from her drug-induce sex performance on Frank!

the reconciliation was a given, once Blue made Karen changed back into a thinking woman, someone like the person Jack fell in love with so many years ago, so that's no suprising.

i'm glad Jack went to San Diego (or there about); from San Diego to the Napa Valley region up north, it's a big more of a distance than Blue made it sound (the driving is actually quite a couple solid hours, not to be done within one night, if you plan to do a 2-way travel) --- San Diego ("south of San Diego" is Tijuana, Mexico!, a stone throw away, literally) is an extremely beautiful place, beautiful enough to drawn yourself in, if you have both cash and time to spend, to run away from problems!!

very well done for a first time Literotica writer, so congrats's in order!

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Another good one!

Another good story Blue 88, A good ending also. Keep up the good work, I enjoy your writing.

DG Hear

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Nice Story! But a couple of questions.........

Why does every time a husband is faced in these stories with the decision of whether or not to leave the wife, after she's been caught cheating, does the writer chooses to have someone ask the husband a line similar to this:

"Why are you chosing to throw a way a good marriage after 'X' amount of years over my/her cheating. She was always a good wife before this"

It usually thrown out whenever the writer has the husband thinking about walking away? Usually it's either the wife or a close friend that ask him this question. I'm just curious what the author(s) are thinking when they use this.

To me having other characters asking the husband this, really kinda stupid question, is like having someone you know walk up and punch you in the nads as hard as they can. Then while your curled up in pain they ask you if your mad, and if you are then why are you choosing to get, and stay, mad over something that is now out of your hands. Your already in pain, you've already been hit, so getting mad and staying mad about something that has already happend in the past serves you no purpose. And if you choose not to be friends with this person, why are you thowing away your friendship over this act that you can't change? Maybe so you don't get hurt anymore? Maybe?

Having your wife cheat on you and ask you why "your" choosing to throw away a marriage is basicly the same thing.

The other thing that confused me was the nubmer of times that was considered acceptable. Sara in the story was trying to convince Jim that because her husband cheated on her more times than Karen did him, he was being too hard on Karen? I mean when I got married I think I may have missed that in the vow's. You know the one vow that allows me (or her) a freebie or the option of using a single do over.

Now I got to go and watch the tape all over again (^_^)

But other than that, it was a very good story. I figured out how it was going to end because of the middle of story one, but you threw some twist in there I wasn't expecting. So that made it really worth reading. Just confused by those two items though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Skillfull and Entertaining Reality Author

Really nice work! Your efforts in this arena of marital consequence is very much appreciated as you can see by the tone of the comments which I echo.

Constructively, I feel that in time you will look back at this strong first effort and smile knowing more then from the additional experience.

I think you and I will question the quick cumbersome close, the need for two more chapters, the visible help an editor could provide and most of all how much you will have grown.

Your imagination and skills promise much more to come which is very much looked forward to. My hope is that the theme stays your focus as reality is much in demand here for us semi-normals.

Again - Thanks Author - with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks for bringing them both back home

Reading through the first chapters of Karen, I was already in full agreement with Jack’s unrelenting reaction. Divorce her. With a heart so badly shattered, humiliated and hurt a man couldn’t have more choices to take, but turn his heart as hard like a stone. But, a love so deep and years invested in a happy marriage could also soften him to accept the other side of his feelings, especially when he learns that the other party has also manifested sincerity of accepting her error and also desperately wishing for their reconciliation. Human frailties...and his decision for a reconciliation makes Jack a real man. Thanks for finally bringing them both back home.

I only hope that you indeed devote more paragraph of their reunion, as what your other readers have commented.

With high regards…

Benhur726

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A bit weaker than the other chapters

I liked the fact that you brought Karen and Jack back together. But it was too brief. Most of the build up in previous chapters was the split and then to reconcile within a paragraph seemed like you just got tired of writting. I would have liked to see a complete chapter on just getting them together...

Also the fact that Frank went after Karen and Mariah was Jerry ex-wife and Sara married Jerry, seemed too contrived. It was almost plausible until the Frank/Karen segment and then it was just too much. The Frank/karen segment wasn't really relevent to the story as a whole.

All in all though a good story. But please expand on the reconciliation. These type stories have 3 parts, break-up, anguish, and reconciliation. The first 2 were handled great, the last got a paragraph..

fdkmanfdkmanover 18 years ago
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Same old, same old. Why do cheated upon husband's even bother getting upset at the old lady getting a little strange? It seems that no matter what the woman did, no matter how much she threw her affair in his face, no matter how much the husband protests this affront to his manhood, give him enough time and he 'forgets' all that and HAS to take her back because he 'just can't live without her'. Yeah right.

It seems that what Karen told Jack was right, she was going to have an affair and he'd better get used to it. She did and, though it took him a year or so, he did get used to it so what was the problem in the first place?

Are all men so stupid as to put up with this crap or only the ones in stories on this site? It seems that every cheating wife story that doesn't involve a wimp husband from the outset turns him into one by the end since he forgives and forgets everything that supposedly upset him about his wife's infidelity in the first place. As another commentor said these stories are becoming too formulaic. Give the husband enough time, add in some therapy to make the wife understand how 'selfish' she was, stir in some time passing so the poor schmuck husband forgets his anger at being screwed over, add a dash of celibacy for the slut wife and Katey bar the door because you better get out of the way of the reconcilliation!

This last chapter, like the last chapters of other stories of the same ilk also fall into the trap of wrapping up things too quickly. The author has spent pages and pages setting up the infidelity, the catching of the spouse and the divorce and then BAM all's well in less than a chapter. It just doesn't feel right and thus my dissatisfaction with the story and the ending. I MIGHT accept the couple reconciling if the author spent as much effort getting the couple back together as they did breaking them up but that is probably a futile wish since taking time putting the couple back together obviously isn't near as much fun. Either that or the author gets bored with the story and wants to end it quickly.

Ray

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Jack is weak

I'm tired of husbands that "just can't live without" this "one woman". What do they do if she dies? Jump off a fucking bridge? Bullshit, not believe-able reads like a fractured fairy-tale. After what she did and told him about her affair, any normal man would have put a foot in her ass, he may have definitely felt empty and betrayed, but thru no fault of his. With any luck, Frank gave her aids and she and her wimp ass husband will be rotting to death soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Should have let it lay

The first 6 chapters should stand alone, other than making Sara's character weak toward the end of Chapter 6, the story was really good. These two "jack Bell" chapters screw the whole story up. I wish I wouldn't have read them, now the entire series is tainted! What the hell were you thinking? Or was someone else thinking for you? Go with your first instinct, keep second guessing and everything gets fouled up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bleeding Heart Awful

The story is great. The reality of the ending isn't

Face it people, sometimes in life there is heartache that just has to be left as it is.

You adore the troubador obviously

Read Hildy

No one in this world would be able to forgive what that bitch did to her husband yet the troubador makes them live happily ever after and they even have the guts to say they have a stronger marriage.

Yeah right, so lets have every wife go out and fuck the husbands friends right in front of them and almost choke their husband to death with dirty clothing.

Then in the real world we would all say oh yes I love you so much I cant live without you and our marriage will be stronger. Hey why not do it two or three times and really make us strong.

Go on, keep listening to the troubador and you won't write anything good again.

This bitch deserved to live an unhappy life, and you know what? Jack can find a hundred women who will love him and not be self centered and not be a cheater and make HIM happy. Fuck Karen and Jack is a fool.

Otherwise, I loved the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Majority agreement

I agree with the majority of your readers in that I think you write an excellant story . I would offer the following;1 I could have done without poor karens rape;2.I thought your conclusion was hurried with all of your characters thrown together in one big finish;3 I disagree with all the readers who consider Karen a slut- one stupid screw up in 24 years does not a slut make and I agree with Sata's comment that Jack rush to divorce was too hasty. I still think that you write a wonderful story. Thanks 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wimped out

There were *four* stupid screwups: (1) lying to him about lunch; (2), the cheating itself, especially after she suspected he was already suspicious; (3) expecting him to roll over and play dead when she proposes her affair; and (4) couching the proposal as something yet to happen, in essence, lying again.

Jack never heard the declaration of self-understanding that she told Kate, so as far as he knows, nothing's changed on that front. And even if she'd told him the same thing, why should he believe her words, when her previous actions spoke so much louder? So as far as he knew, his going back to her was a declaration that he'd roll over and play dead, if she should lie and cheat again. Hardly the same guy from the previous story.

Nope, shoulda ended it with at "Karen."

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Artificial End

Very well told story, but the plot sucked.

The end was rushed. It was weird to have all the characters come together somehow. I doubt the reality of being able to drop the powder unnoticed like that. It would not dissolve either. There was not enough substance for Jack to reverse his decision. Karen's mistake seemed imposed upon her character. It was like her brain took a vacation. I doubt that that happens in reality. The explanation of her mistake was offered to her sister not to Jack. Therefore, it cannot have any effect on Jack's behavior.

These inconsistencies make it hard to judge the end. I would not be comfortable taking back someone who is mentally or emotionally unstable regardless of how much they love me as long as this love does not comply with common sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Another good'ne

As engrossing to read as its forerunners, it has alll your good characteristics except pacing. The first part of "Redux" was fine but the second was too glib and rushed. I could see Karen being involved, I could even accept her rape, but to coincidently brin Jack back home in time to Complete the plot was the straw that overwhelmed the dromedary's anterior. A little more greattivity in between could have achieved the same results with actions being more plausible, logical, rational, or acceptable.

Even were he to have been sent to her place to work in the PR for the sham evterprise would have more validity. And these comments are from one who just loves your work.

MacDukeMacDukeover 18 years ago
Fake Plot

I loved "Karen" and Redux One, but the ending was a ridiculous jumble. Mariah has thus far committed no crimes nor taken any actions that would interest the Feds. The Treasury investigation is absurd and really had nothing to do with your story of reconciliation. The coincidental employment/rape/rescue scheme is even worse. Why not instead spend the last chapter justifying the reconciliation, which is a good result and foretold by Redux One?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bit of a let down

After the "Karen" arc. I'm no expert on the financial/legal side of this, but the way you got Karen and Jack back together seemed...forced, and more than just a little contrived. Smacked of deus ex machina. Also a bit fast - sure, he's had time to reflect on things and settle down from the initial shock/hurt, but going to instant forgiveness like this seems a little off.

Looking forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
question

i wonder why authors make the wives do atrociously foolish things making them very unsympathetic and then force this reconciliaton on us readers. come on!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
YOUR WORST STORY YET

Please no more endings...

Jack bell happens to come back to philly... to see his ex

wife and busts the down the door when he sees his ex wife being raped....

I am glad he saved her but so what? how does that erase what happened?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
you make the hubby the one at fault

he didn't have an affair,she did.she wanted more of her lover.now the speak by the lover wife was b/s.

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
Second Time Around!

I read all of the "Karen" chapters and "Redux 1 & 2" when they were first posted and did not comment because I could not make up my mind whether or not I actually liked the story. I just finished reading it a second time, after quite a few months, and I think I know what was wrong with the story.

First of all, the story was well written and plotted throughout the "Karen" episodes. I thought then, and I do now, that an excellent story was being posted. I can find no real issues up to that point. The problem begins with and carries through both of the "Redux" chapters. It is not that they were unnecessary becuase they most certainly were needed to complete the story. Rather, it was the highly unprobable, and unrealistic, nature of the last two chapters, particularly "Redux 2". First of all, the meeting and subsequent relationship of Jack and Mariah did not make sense. Secondly, It was not obvious what violations of Federal law Mariah had committed, unless it was fraud or tax evasion. (One whould almost invariably lead to the other). But it was not really clear in the story.

Third, Karen's rape and Jack's miraculous appearance at just that time, after how many years, was completely a fabrication of a fabrication. Not believable or acceptable at all. I guess Blue88 was getting tired of the story and had to force an ending, no matter how absurd.

The latter part of the story could have been devoted to developing the process of reconciliation between Karen and Jack, including Kate's role in helping the process along, instead of the rediculous drugging and rape scene, with Jack as Superman, arriving at the last minute. So much of a great opportunity was missed. But an ending is an ending...don't you

Cheers!

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
Second Time Around!

I read all of the "Karen" chapters and "Redux 1 & 2" when they were first posted and did not comment because I could not make up my mind whether or not I actually liked the story. I just finished reading it a second time, after quite a few months, and I think I know what was wrong with the story.

First of all, the story was well written and plotted throughout the "Karen" episodes. I thought then, and I do now, that an excellent story was being posted. I can find no real issues up to that point. The problem begins with and carries through both of the "Redux" chapters. It is not that they were unnecessary becuase they most certainly were needed to complete the story. Rather, it was the highly unprobable, and unrealistic, nature of the last two chapters, particularly "Redux 2". First of all, the meeting and subsequent relationship of Jack and Mariah did not make sense. Secondly, It was not obvious what violations of Federal law Mariah had committed, unless it was fraud or tax evasion. (One whould almost invariably lead to the other). But it was not really clear in the story.

Third, Karen's rape and Jack's miraculous appearance at just that time, after how many years, was completely a fabrication of a fabrication. Not believable or acceptable at all. I guess Blue88 was getting tired of the story and had to force an ending, no matter how absurd.

The latter part of the story could have been devoted to developing the process of reconciliation between Karen and Jack, including Kate's role in helping the process along, instead of the rediculous drugging and rape scene, with Jack as Superman, arriving at the last minute. So much of a great opportunity was missed. But an ending is an ending...don't you

Cheers!

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Incredible story Blue

Blue88 i thought Karen 1 and karen 2 was really exciting to read it kept me on my toes i wished there was more of Jack and Karen redux in the press keep writing your great.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Weak

Yes, weak, and contrived.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
no

maybe fuck again but dont live with or ever marry ..as one said very made up

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Wimped Out

Couldn't let it end on a happy note. Couldn't leave well enough alone, had to go an ruin it! Dint JA? Had to have wimp out redux (1&2)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
You couldn't quit while you were ahead!

You had nailed the story then you had to come back and blow it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story

Love is always a difficult subject, as is forgiveness. You dealt with both subjects with good timing and good character development. You answered the question: Am I happier with her or without her? by allowing the husband to say, "yes." While not everyone would agree to forgive, some do. Jack grew up too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
sucker

poor jack built up as a smart man by the author is just another sucker, she screwed a low life and he took her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
re read this again...same conclusion

The piece that makes this work is time. If you ever love someone, you always love them. Pain, hurt, go away with time. Great story. I am anonymous only because I can't find my login and password. Mac

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 15 years ago
Once again a finely written tale

Sadly it's fucked up with the Author's hatred of men, and his unbending need to have a reconciliation at all costs. I second the opinion of the majority of the commenters on this one. Jack has no idea that Karen has changed and no reason to go back to her. Their feelings for one another at the end of Redux 2 is as much the product of shared trauma as anything else. Again sort of a white knight syndrome on his part. For her, she plays her cards right and gets a second shot at her meal ticket. Blue your a great writer that really cant write. Your technical skills are washed out by your obsession with wimpy men who HAVE to for give their cheating wives.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Couldn't Leave well enough alone!

Just had to turn Jack Bell into another wimp out story. Should have quit while you were ahead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Forgiveness

Forgiveness exists. Redemption is possible. The story addresses both concepts. I was glad to find Redux as I had just finished reading Karen 1. You answered the question I left that story with - what happened a year down the road. Thanks for a good tale well told.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 14 years ago
Like a parachute...

Good story. Perhaps a few too many convenient coincidences (Jim's ex hooks up with Jerry who used to be married to Marge, aka Mariah, who tries to scam Jack, whose ex somehow crosses paths with Frank, who is Marge's lover and is trying to help scam Jack, making it possible for Jack to rescue his True Love, etc). But a good story nevertheless. I can't figure out why so many commentators think that any man that ever forgives a woman is a wimp, no matter what the circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
BRAVO!

You done good. Thanks. Rich

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
One of the good ones

I don't know how many times I've read this one. I've read everything you've ever posted on this site. As always, your story grabbed me, both "Karen" and "Jack Bell." Emotional, well done, tugged at the heart strings and you gave readers a happy ending. i can't see anything posted in the last couple of years. Wish you would come back.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
One of your best

Great story glad you didn't kill off the ex wife before they reconciled sorry just thought Jenny shouldn't have died in the other story

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Good stuff

I've now read all your stories, very good, all of them. Look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

WELL DONE! My compliments to yet another very good writer. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

This is a very dispiriting chick lit sequel to a good story. Jack leaves and goes to CA, a wealthy man . . . and the 1st woman he meets somehow catapults him back to Philly; not only that--she turns out to be a scammer of the worst sort, so he boomerangs right back towads his two-timing wife, Karen? Huh? You mean there's no other women in the world besides Karen and Mariah? This is a very depressing idea.

Not to mention that the sequel is chock-a-block filled with coincidences. Mariah just happens to have been the prior wife of Cookson whom Sara marries. And Maria's conferate ends up working with Karen? Huh?

I think the 1st story, at least the Karen-Jack main plot was sort of interesting--and Jack had the courage to follow through on his convictions . . . the sequel should have explored this further.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WTF

After reading all the pages to this saga and it ends with him going back to the same lying,cheating,whore who's still mentally unstable. WTF ?????give us readers Break.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
BS ending!

Crap!

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Grow old with me

The best is yet to be! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
he had balls till you cut them off

I don't get the RACC ending. It was a gret story till you added this crap.

roscovichroscovichover 11 years ago
This is one of the most superb and excellently written story on this site.

It just couldn't get any better. Judging from anon responses it seems that some of them cannot read, and if they can don't understand. That is what happen, with their double digit IQ !

It really is throwing pearls before swine ! Thank you for sharing your genius with us.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Blue 88's masterclass on how to turn a real man into a macho wimp!

Take a bow blue88 for making a man turn into a wimp. This shit was not required. He left her and that was perfect only till the time you decided, hey wait a minute, i want a wimpy ending so changed it. You should hate this effort.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Great Story

The ending was extremely rushed and curt. The story flowed nicely and the results of the Mariachi/ Jack Kemp con wasn't described.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Incredible wimp story....

Well a two-bit slut get redemption. Whoopee. Gosh gee whiz. Now we all can sleep at night because order in the (cuckold) world has been restored.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
What?

Was a fairly good tale till the end then ..... thud.

It (ending) reads like you were tired of writing it and just closed it out.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
As I wrote before

Cuck wimp writers gotta write cuck wimp endings. It's in their DNA

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A good device to get them back together. Love how you waved these different story lines into one.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 10 years ago
I do not often agree with your stories...

...but this one was exceptionally good. Very well done, in my opinion. Thank you.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Cuckboy couldn't live without his creampies after all

Why'd he bother with the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wimp cluck story.

Wimpy boy. Redeemed slut wife. Bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Damn

I didn't even read the last chapter,but damn you had to make a cuckold out of him after all.

I didn't read it because the thematic gave it away

It ruined the story for me.You had to turn him into an emasculated man with a few platitudes to make it okay.

pumpop201pumpop201almost 10 years ago
Great Story

Great story. Thanks.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Really a great story...

Really a great story...Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The reconciliation was entirely too fast

There should have been much more about Karen vs Jack in the reconciliation. Just to find her being raped and all the sudden they are back together? Didn't work for me, though I enjoy this author immensely.

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago

Came back after a year and reread this series.

Great start, great middle, where the hell is the "real" ending?

I got to the end and commented to myself; "WTF!?! What the hell was this? Did I accidentally page flip?"

Needs a real ending. Not this heavily abbreviated appendage you tacked on.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
Pathetic

When you develop some well reasoned characteristics and plot and come to one conclusion, I find it disgusting and pathetic that as a writer you sell out everything you have done to have a happy ending. This is not a social comment ie, you didn't burn the bitch enough, it is a literary comment where reason and logic are totally discarded. If you want to do plots like this you should give up writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for rescuing the couple in your story.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
IF YOU WAIT LONG ENOUGH

the lie is given the chance to catch up. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Truly to bad

To bad you had write a sequel just to take away Jacks self respect.

She is still the same woman that thought he would be a willing cuckold.

just another RAAC.

You should try not to be influenced by Troubador he/she knows only RAAC.

You may think living with a woman who wants to cuckold you is romantic ,but you are wrong.

Now if she had come to him and said i made a mistake and I won't do it again,maybe he could give her a chance.

I assure you even in storyland there are all kinds of women out there who are faithful,and even more who won't expect you to be a willing cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
RAAC to rushed

ruined what could have been a real reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nothing wrong with happy endings :)

Perhaps all a little rushed and not as intense as the original but Karen was never really bad. just a bit silly and infatuated, so reconciliation fine with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Anny loves these LW stories. He reads every one of them

When he is don't jerking his clitette off and cumming his eye dropper full of cum he bitches and cries about how bad it is. Well we are on to you dick face. I gave this a 5 to help offset the asshole annony!

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 8 years ago
Things that make you go, Hmmmm...

Frank is looking for a PR person for a small job that's a scam anyway, in a largeish city like Philadelphia, and he just happens upon Karen? And the guy Sara finds to rebuild her life with just happens to be Moriah / Marge's ex? A little much on the coincidence, perhaps? Yes, I know it worked for Dickens, but still Hmmm.

Of course Jack is miserable after he leaves Karen -- he's grieving the loss of a long-term relationship. So naturally he still has feelings for her, and naturally he rescues her. But none of that means that the only, or best, course for him is to reconcile. As far as we can see, Karen has given Jack no reason to believe he can trust her, and plenty to believe he can't. So yes, see her, talk with her, give her some closure, but reconcile? Hmmm.

And then we have Sara's nice bit of hypocrisy: it's OK for her to move on and find an upgrade; but Jack needs to go back to Karen? Hmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really good story.

She had a problem. She made it her husband's problem. He suffered. She suffered. She redeemed herself by denying herself. Fate brought them back together, neither having gotten over the other. They lived happily ever after. A little smarmy, but makes the reader feel good. What's wrong with that? After all, you see I really do have a heart and an asshole despite what another commenter said about me regarding my comment about a MM story earlier today. I just can't sympathize with a woman who either shares or gives most of the best of her for years and years to a man other than her husband, and then wants the husband back for her down slide.

FenixreignFenixreignabout 8 years ago
Not Bad

This was a decent ending to the story. I tend to prefer the BTB endings, but she made a one time mistake and had no real malice to her reasoning behind her affair.

My issue is that you rushed the end of this last chapter. If only you were burned out on the story by the time you wrote this chapter, maybe you should have left it open with an invitation by other writers to finish it. The reconciliation would have made an entire chapter on it's own with the 1 Lit page average you have maintained. And the wrap up in that last chapter could have brought everyone together since you decided to link Sara with Jerry.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Good story

A bit rushed at the end but overall a good read.

George - Read the story. Sara said her ex had many affairs and Karen had one. She gave her ex a number a chances before ditching him so asks Jack to do the same. That is not being hypocritical.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I liked it but..

I really liked this chapter but you rushed the end! Should have taken the time to truly tell the ending and then it would have been a 5 in my book. A solid 4 never the less.

Thanks for the story.

"Buckeye Fan"

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

I think someone said smarmy.

Good word for it.

Efficient way to tie up the loose ends.

It also changed my mind about the reconciliation here. You turned it completely arse on its head and got some maturity and redemption for the cheating cunt, so I guess it made the reconciliation ok. At least you let him have some pussy during the time apart rather than having him wallow in self pity blaming himself and not even dating. Like some cuckloving arsehole authors do.

Over all score for the FULL story, hmmm 3 , 3.25

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
I agree that Sara's righteous indignation

over Jack divorcing Karen was a bit out of line. Sure, she had forgiven her husband numerous times over his infidelity but, how many times are too many times to screw around. How much more disrespect Jack was shown when Karen wanted to continue her little affair under his very nose, and probably in his house? The fucking was bad enough but the in your face, blatant disregard for her husband and her marriage had to be a deal breaker. She just might be able to keep her legs together but I would be willing to be that only a little time would pass and Karen would throw something else in his face. She just can't keep her lips together, that's her problem and it is more than a man can take, in real life. Obviously her whole world revolved around her, we didn't need her to reveal this in her talk with Sis. It was there to see in her words and deeds.

That all being said, if Jack was willing to take her back because he was such a sad sack that he couldn't have a life without her and her shit, then more power to him. He's the one that has to live with it, not me. Gave you 4 stars anyhow.

pappy

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
Gross!

Unrealistic reconciliation, ruins the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You hurried through the ending shortening it and not giving it a more complete finish.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Not very satisfying . . .

. . . too many weird and unrealistic coincidences. And the ending seemed abrupt and rushed. Guess you got tired of writing. Appreciate the effort, though.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Another read

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
one of the most stupid reconciliations I read

That says it all. Rushed. Unbelievable. All the issues they got were still there and none of them were worked on the story. Why writers think that raping an ex makes her bettter of what she was? Good effort, but no thanks.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Damn

Ruined the entire series for me. Enough said.

tigger119tigger119about 7 years ago
In the tradition of JPB.....

The ending was way too rushed and incomplete. A lot of loose ends were left messily strewn all over the place. Just like a lot of JPBs stories. 4* for a well written story with a few ID switches here and there. -1* for being completely incomplete(try saying those two words together 10 times very fast).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
too much....

Of a stretch to be believable.

Would have been better not to write this addendum for KAREN story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Grow old along with me, the best is yet to BE.

Way to wrap it up. People who don't know how to love will never understand and are to be pitied. It is not unusual for feelings to last 40 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rushed and nonsensical ending

The EMTs took a small blood sample...then left her there, didn't take her to a hospital? Come on, get real. Then nothing happens with the blood sample - wouldn't they find the drug that Frank gave her?

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
A helluva long row to hoe.

The twists and turns in the storyline of Jack's Redux were dizzying at times. I was glad to see you finally put a lid on the Karen series, despite the unexpected ending, a finale that is rare in life and fiction.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous