All Comments on 'Jen's Big Secret'

by MrYowman

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
An online review of your services

"If there was a way to write an online review of your services, Jen, you would be five on a five scale."

Yes, these fora do exist and it is possible to post opinions of individual providers. Try searching for 'escort review board' and the name of your city, there's likely to be some sort of web forum - although these are infamous for taking paid ads from the very SP's and agencies they're supposed to be "reviewing". There also were a few Usenet groups, such as news:alt.sex.prostitution, although those are a dying breed.

Individual service providers vary in their attitudes to being "reviewed". Some see a favourable review as a free advertisement which is much welcomed; others ask not to be reviewed as the "kiss and tell" aspect of this puts them ill-at-ease. The quality of reviewers is variable and inconsistent (the new client who just lost his virginity to his first call girl is likely to write a glowing review praising her as a goddess from heaven, to which the next cynical and misogynistic poster who comes along will invariably reply "this is a fake review and I think she wrote it herself" - even if her client's IP address is two telephone area codes away from her). If there's something very obviously wrong ("cash and dash" or other scams, provider doesn't exist as advertised, drug abuse, illegal activity, sex slavery, people trafficking...) these forums can be a vital and useful warning flag. They're also good at spotting the same provider endlessly changing name, telephone number or other identifiers to pretend to be someone new.

Providers reviewing clients happens less often. There are "bad john" or "bad date" lists for dangerous clients, repeated no-shows, payment disputes and a few common hazards but a businesswoman keeps the list of her best clients to herself and only warns her direct competitors if there's something really bad that could cause harm. Rarely, it might be possible to get a reference ("You've already seen this person?") but that can be awkward as clients tend to hide behind anonymity while providers are direct commercial competitors with each other and operate pseudonymously

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous