JJ and Ashley Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ashley joined JJ at the back of the truck. "There's nothing to be worried about. Everyone is excited to see you again."

JJ exhaled smoke away from Ashley and shrugged. Her hair fell forward when she looked down, casting a shadow across her face. "I know it's probably stupid but I always assume people aren't going to accept me. It's one thing to be a child who may be confused about herself. It's another to be a gay adult. Ya know?"

"Not really. I think I understand what you're saying, that some people aren't tolerant or accepting of the gay lifestyle. They think it's abhorrent. They judge you and even persecute you. I've yet to experience that myself though." Ashley smoothed back JJ's hair, running her fingers over the silky smooth fade. "I can promise that sort of hate is not something you'll ever encounter with our friends. Rebecca and Amy are engaged, for Chrissake! How hypocritical would it be to accept them but not you?"

JJ took another drag of the cigarette, exhaling slowly. "Very. I'm okay, really. Just nervous. It's been ten years, Ashie. People can change and I have experienced that. I'm not saying your friends won't be sweet and welcoming like they were before. I'm sure they still are, or you'd have found new friends. These nerves are just a conditioned response to meeting people."

Ashley studied JJ's brown eyes, so beautifully dark. They were filled with JJ's usual calm, but Ashley could see the nerves. They tightened JJ's shoulders and kept her empty hand balled into a fist. "Technically, you're not meeting them. You're just seeing old friends after a long time."

JJ flicked ashes from her cigarette, paused, and then dropped the unsmoked half to the asphalt. She ground it out and smiled at Ashley. "You're absolutely right, my dear. Ready?"

JJ and Ashley walked towards the entrance hand in hand. Before they reached the red double doors Ashley squeezed JJ's hand and waved to a group of young women standing around a bench to the right of the doors.

"Ashley!" A tall curvy redhead separated from the group and sauntered over, eyeing JJ.

"Rebecca, how are you?" Ashley let go of JJ's hand to hug the other girl who was still giving JJ an appraising look.

"Fantastic, now that I'm not sweating every time I step foot outside. I forgot how nice the summers were here. JJ, is that you?" Rebecca stepped back from Ashley as the rest of the girls joined them.

"Yeah, same old JJ." JJ grinned, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

Rebecca raised one sleek eyebrow and pursed her lips. "Girl, there is nothing 'same old' about you." She looked up at the tall butch who stepped in close to wrap an arm around her waist. "Amy, this is JJ. JJ, this is my fiancé Amy. Play nice." the redhead added, bumping her hip into the taller girl.

Amy rolled her eyes and extended a hand with a smile. "Nice to meet you JJ."

JJ grinned back and shook the tall girl's hand firmly. "Likewise."

Their handshake was interrupted by a short and very petite brunette slipping under their hands and hugging JJ tightly, so tightly that JJ almost lost her breath. Another brunette came up and hugged JJ from the side, squeezing just as tightly.

"Don't you ever leave us again." The shorter of the brunettes looked up at JJ over the rim of her glasses.

"I don't plan on it, Sarah." JJ freed an arm to wrap around both girls.

"Since when do we have group hugs before food?" A new voice asked from behind JJ.

"Since JJ is here." Brenda, the taller of the brunettes told Chloe, who JJ recognized. Her pale blonde bob had lost its purple streak, but she was definitely the same bartender from the club.

"No shit? Oh my god I forgot you'd be here! Move it ladies, I need a hug." Chloe playfully pushed her friends aside and smothered JJ in yet another hug. A hug that went on for too long.

"Okay, down Chloe. I thought you wanted food." Ashley stepped in, prying Chloe from JJ.

"Food, yes, sorry." Chloe made as if she had to tear her eyes away from JJ and led the group to the door, eliciting giggles from the girls when she batted her eyes at JJ. Ashley laughed along, knowing her friends were doing their best to welcome JJ back. She had no fear that Chloe might flirt with JJ with the real intent of stealing her. In fact, it was fun to watch JJ relax and enjoy the fun.

Dinner was a loud, long affair. Everyone seemed to be talking at once catching up and reconnecting. JJ was more than a little relieved that no one hounded her with questions about her last ten years. She relaxed and laughed along with the girls, thoroughly enjoying the laid back nature of the conversations.

Drinks and food were ordered amidst the verbal chaos, their server flirting heavily with all of them. JJ figured he felt like he'd won the jackpot, scoring the table full of pretty young women. She'd have felt the same way in his shoes.

Once the food was eaten and leftovers were boxed Brenda brought up their summer camping trip. "I think we need to go over who brings what again." The practical brunette pushed her braid over her shoulder and pulled a short stack of notecards from her jeans pocket. Chloe sagged in her chair and rolled her eyes at Brenda's organization.

Ignoring Chloe, Brenda cleared her throat and read off the first card. "Rebecca and Amy, you are in charge of games, bug spray, and sunscreen." Amy leaned across the table to take the note card.

"Sara agreed to do food. This does include desserts and s'mores." Sara took her card and read it over, pushing her glasses up her pert little nose.

"Ashley you get to bring the camping equipment. The grill, the dishes, pots and pans." Ashley took her card, folded it and tucked it in her purse. JJ wasn't sure how this system worked but she sure hoped Ashley already had these items.

"Chloe you landed drink duty. This means water and coffee along with the alcohol you're no doubt already planning." Chloe took her card and shot Brenda an evil grin, her prickly mood eased by a full belly.

Brenda held up her card, "I will supply the tent, the air mattresses and several blankets. Feel free to bring extras and your pillow along with your clothing and personal effects."

Sara looked up from her card. "When and where are we meeting?"

Brenda blinked, her face blank for a minute. "We hadn't settled on either the last time we discussed the trip."

That revelation started up a new round of verbal chaos. JJ sat back and sipped from her soda, listening to the logic of starting early combatting the late risers. No one could pick the best place to group up their caravan.

"You could all meet at my place. 'Bout 8 in the morning? Not super early, but not so late we miss a day at the campsite." JJ suggested quietly, everyone falling silent to listen to her.

The girls all looked at each other to gauge reactions, then back at JJ. Rebecca slapped a hand on the table and leaned back. "Sold."

No one else had any objections so JJ found herself giving out the address and basic directions.

With their camping trip delegated and planned, the conversation lulled. Everyone was full and satisfied. Take out boxes were gathered and the bill was paid. The girls made their way outside and said their goodnights under a starlit sky.

***

8 am found all seven of them outside on JJ's driveway packing up cars and calling dibs on seats. Brenda had her parent's Jeep Liberty for the trip, the back already full of equipment. JJ's truck bed was filled with the rest, and five out of the seven personal bags. The last two bags were secured in foot wells, one in each car. Brenda led the way out of town, Sarah, Rebecca and Amy riding along in her car. JJ followed with Ashley and Chloe.

It was a pleasant drive, just an hour and a half north of town through wooded land. Ashley and Chloe spent the drive playing mad libs with JJ and playing dj with her music.

The camp grounds were not the same JJ remembered from childhood, but looked just as cleanly rustic. Trees covered the grounds with relatively flat areas cleared for camp spots. Trails were marked clearly, with directional maps every 40 to 80 feet. As they drove from the Ranger Station to their spot they passed several empty sites.

"Maybe we'll have the place to ourselves" Chloe sounded hopeful, but almost instantly they rolled past a family already set up with an RV and multiple small tents. "Damn. We'll have to keep a lid on our drunken mayhem." the pale blonde pouted.

Brenda finally pulled into their site, a large circle of dirt with an empty fire pit offset from the exact center. JJ parked behind her, reversing in to make unloading easier.

Once again, JJ helped the girls set up camp efficiently, everyone pitching in and working until everything was done. The tent was a large 10 person monstrosity with two door on its longest sides and windows at regular intervals. Bedding and bags were arranged inside while food, already in coolers and on ice, were set into the bear safe. The camping cookware was unpacked and tucked into the safe for easy access. Cloth chairs were set up around the unlit fire pit, everyone picking a seat when the camp was finished.

"Now what should we do? I could use a few hours in the sun. Get a sweet tan to make all the boys drool." Chloe slouched in a chair, a leg dangling over the arm.

"Don't they already do that?" Sarah asked, adjusting her baseball hat and glasses.

"The lake is within walking distance. We could swim first before it gets too warm." Brenda offered, stopping Chloe from answering Sarah.

Rebecca stood and pulled her shirt over her head, revealing a green bikini top. "Sunscreen first. Everyone." the pale redhead looked at everyone sharply, opening her fashionably short cutoffs. Amy raised an eyebrow and took an appreciative look when her wife-to-be bent over to remove her shorts completely, leaving her in bottoms that matched the top.

"Well damn, don't you come prepared? Anyone else gotta use the tent to change?" Ashley asked, wishing she could have thought ahead and worn her bikini under her shorts and tee.

Everyone else needed to change, so they took turns using the tent, then applying sunblock and gathering towels.

JJ waited her turn, going last. She found it interesting that the swimsuits matched the girls and the personalities she remembered. Rebecca wore a stylish bikini that worked with both her fair skin and bright hair. The little wooden beads on the strings implied it was more for wearing than actual swimming. They actually matched the beading on the floppy sun hat Rebecca wore.

Sarah, so conservative and demure, wore a lilac one piece with a fun shape cut out in the back. It fit well and showed off her curves while containing them.

Brenda wore a bikini as well, but hers was definitely for swimming. It reminded JJ of sportswear, which it probably was given that the stocky brunette played both lacrosse and was on the diving team. It's navy blue and white stripes with their red accent stripe just seemed like it belonged on a jersey too.

Chloe's bikini was almost indecent. Tiny lime green triangles barely covering the necessities, thin strings keeping it on her, but only just. JJ hoped it was strictly for tanning purposes and not for swimming. She couldn't imagine it staying in place.

Ashley wore a bikini that was a pleasant mix of sporty and stylish, plastic beads clacking happily at the ends of the wide strings that secured the baby blue suit. JJ found herself enjoying the way the bottom covered Ashley's round cheeks completely but left almost nothing to her imagination.

Amy emerged from the tent, her tall and thin frame surprising JJ. Blue hair secured into a tiny braid, the taller butch smiled at JJ. "Tent's all yours." She wore a black bikini that almost matched Rebecca's, but was without the beading.

"Thanks" JJ returned Amy's smile and stepped into the temporary structure. She opened her duffel and pulled her swimsuit out before undressing.

Ashley was rubbing sunscreen on Brenda's wide shoulders when JJ stepped out of the tent. She may have seen JJ naked quite a few times now, but her mouth still watered and her hands paused. Black men's swim trunks covered JJ's powerful thighs but the simple black bikini top showed off her muscled belly and strong shoulders. Ashley blushed when she spotted what looked like a love bite on JJ's bicep. She remembered putting it there, but hadn't realized it would still be visible.

"Am I covered?" Brenda asked, bringing Ashley back to the task at hand.

"Almost. Just need a little more here." Ashley squirted more lotion on her hand and smeared it over Brenda's lower back, between bikini top and bottom.

Chloe skipped over to JJ who was carefully putting sunscreen on her face. "Need help getting your back?"

Before JJ could answer Rebecca stepped up. "You need your back done, missy. JJ can do that while I help do hers, since I'm already done." Rebecca took the bottle JJ was using and squeezed out a generous amount before handing the bottle back. She scooped some up and started smoothing it over JJ's right shoulder blade.

"No pouting, Chloe. It's not becoming at all." JJ spun the flirty blonde and methodically applied sunscreen to her back.

With Brenda's help to cover her back Ashley was done with her own sunscreen before Rebecca had finished with JJ's back. A nagging need to claim JJ as hers swept over Ashley, followed by embarrassment. These were her friends. She knew they wouldn't take JJ from her, so there was no need to 'claim' JJ. But maybe she could just gently remind them.

JJ watched Ashley approach with a handful of sunblock. She wasn't sure how the blonde was taking all the attention the girls were giving her. With other girlfriends, this kind of situation would have ended with fighting and arguing. JJ had never seen Ashley handle this sort of thing before.

"I've got extra. Have you done your arms yet?" Ashley asked, showing JJ the white lotion in her palm.

"Nope. Just my face and back." JJ could see where this was going. Ashley was marking her territory, but not by force. Clever girl. "Feel free to do my entire front if you want."

Ashley rolled her eyes but started working on JJ's arm. "I'll let you do your legs. Don't forget your neck and ears. Those always burn."

Rebecca stepped back and patted Ashley's butt as she passed, "Cover her good. It would be a shame for such beautiful skin to burn. I'm almost jealous. Of course the butches have better skin than me."

Amy turned from the chair she'd been sitting in and clucked her tongue at the redhead. "Your skin is perfect. How many times do I have to tell you this? You have nothing to be jealous of!"

Rebecca pushed the wide brim of her hat back and pointed to the bridge of her straight nose. "Freckles, my dear. They only show up when I get too much sun."

"What's wrong with freckles?" Sarah asked indignantly, her own nose and cheekbones sprinkled with the cute brown flecks.

"There's nothing wrong with yours, Sarah. You have them year round. They just add to the adorable librarian look. Mine are from direct exposure to the damn sun. There's nothing cute about burning my skin till it spots." Rebecca sat next to Amy, her towel rolled up and set on her lap.

Amy leaned over and ducked under the floppy sunhat to kiss Rebecca's nose. "I love you, freckles or no freckles. Burn yourself as red as a lobster. I'll still love you."

Ashley squirted more sunscreen onto her palm and began applying it to JJ's belly, half listening to Brenda and Chloe discuss whether boys were cuter with or without freckles, half distracted by the muscles under JJ's creamy pale skin, the way they flexed under her touch. Her fingers followed the v shaped groove that she knew led right to JJs delicious pussy, skimming along the low riding waistband of JJ's swim trunks. Maybe they could find a private spot to enjoy each other away from curious eyes and ears.

A warm hand on her elbow pulled Ashley out of her fantasies. She looked up at JJ, who seemed to be waiting for an answer. "Hmm?"

"I like your swimsuit. Looks good on you." JJ touched the plastic beads.

"Oh, thank you. I'm kinda amazed it still fits. I've had it since high school and I definitely went through a growth spurt freshman year of college." Ashley moved her hands to JJ's sides, making sure she was completely covered.

"How much taller did you get?" JJ asked.

Ashley blushed, and shook her head. "I gained a cup size and my hips actually showed up, didn't get any taller."

JJ chuckled and after a quick glance to be sure no one was peeking, cupped one of Ashley's breasts. "I love them." Her thumb found a turgid nipple and swiped over it a few times till it stood erect under the baby blue material.

"You two coming, or should we go on ahead?" Brenda called across the fire pit, the girls all ready and waiting.

"Not yet, but there's time." JJ quipped, dropping her hand after a farewell squeeze.

Her joke got some giggles and after one more swipe, Ashley declared her job done. JJ tucked the sunscreen into her towel and followed the group down the path.

The lake was within walking distance but only just. Right about the time JJ was feeling grumpy, sweaty, and hot the trees gave way to a gentle slope of grass and brush. The greenery formed a scraggly line along the sand of the narrow beach. It looked blissfully empty.

Towels were arranged and Rebecca and Chloe settled on the beach while the rest of the group charged the water. Ashley hit the water first but Brenda reached the floating dock way ahead of everyone else. The five of them took turns diving off, competing to see who could get the farthest leap, biggest splash, and best original dive.

After a few hours everyone was pleasantly worn out and made their way to the damp sand of the beach. Rebecca met them with towels and sunscreen, insisting everyone reapply.

Sandcastles seemed the obvious next step, given the damp sand and empty beach. It was a group effort, Rebecca walking the water's edge to find shells and rocks to decorate with while the construction took place. A smooth base soon supported a classic four turreted, drawbridge bearing, castle. A moat was dug, windows were carefully added. Bricks were detailed, as were pavement stones. Flowers became the flags, seaweed and other long grasses from the lake became banners and a long piece of bark served as a sturdy drawbridge. An iridescent seashell made an excellent coat of arms. Rocks lined the banks of the moat to deter any enemies with halfway decent swimming skills.

About the time phones were making appearances to capture their creation, Chloe meandered over.

"Nice. When I'm filthy rich I'll call you guys to build my dream house. Anyone else feel like lunch? I'm fucking starving."

Sarah sighed and rubbed her nose, forgetting her glasses were on her towel. "Language, Chloe."

"Yes, Mother. But seriously, anyone else hungry?" Chloe adjusted one of the flower-flags so it stood upright again.

Brenda dusted sand from her hands and stood. "Swimming always makes me hungry, and it is about time for lunch." She added, consulting the sports watch on her wrist.

The group trekked back to their campsite and made a quick lunch out of a pre-made club sandwich and chips.

After lunch was cleaned up everyone split up. Brenda wanted to go for a hike, so Ashley tagged along, both girls donning their clothing over their suits and putting shoes back on.

Rebecca lounged in one of the chairs with a book and her floppy sun hat.

Sarah, Amy, and JJ sat at the bench and played a card game while Chloe sat with a sketch book, muttering and drawing.

The atmosphere was one of relaxed enjoyment, something JJ had missed. Her friends in the modeling business and back in San Francisco were always moving. Things were fast paced, you hopped on the wagon or you missed out. JJ laid down another card and sighed happily. This was what she needed. What she wanted.