Justine Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers

"Stark!" Mikhail exclaimed when the phone was answered. He was always glad to talk to the vampire because in spite of what happened to him, he was never bitter and accepted full responsibility.

"Mikhail you son of a bitch! How the fuck are you?"

"I am well my friend! How are you?" Mikhail asked. He wasn't going to rush this phone call; he counted Stark as a true friend.

"I'm good, cooling my heels." Stark replied and then laughed.

Cooling his heels was impossible as he had no legs from above the knees having lost both of them when he was caught by vampire hunters over a hundred years ago.

I can't blame any one but myself." he told Mikhail one day. "It was my own stupidity, arrogance and carelessness that got me caught so no pity alright?"

That simple admission was what drew Mikhail to the vampire and gave him such respect for him.

"So what's new in the world?" Stark asked.

"I have a mate." Mikhail announced proudly.

"Do tell!" Stark said.

"Well, her name is Zoe and we haven't been mated for very long." Mikhail said, "I hope that you will meet her soon."

"I would like that; I have a piece of news of my own." Stark replied, "I also have a mate."

"You found her? Stark that is wonderful news! Tell me of her."

"Her name is Sarah and she's a fourth grade school teacher. I would love for you to meet her."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mikhail asked. Stark was the one person before Zoe and Justine that he would have dropped everything for and gone to if he was in need.

"I didn't know what you were doing and you know me, I just wait until you call."

"It has been a while hasn't it?" Mikhail asked.

"Yes it has so, what do you need help with?" Stark asked.

"Let me make sure that I heard you right," Stark said, "You work for the new queen and king?"

"Yes, are you able to help me?" Mikhail asked.

"Do you have to ask?" Stark replied. "Just give me the info and I'll start watching for messages. Will you have a phone dedicated just to me?"

"Yes and here's the number. Call it at anytime day or night."

"You got it, I'm glad to help."

Mikhail hung up and answered another phone.

"Mikhail, it's me Auggie, send that pic when you're ready, the website is set up and I took the liberty of adding a designated phone line for those who aren't computer savvy."

"Thank you Auggie, you'll have the picture in a few minutes. Has the alert been sent out?"

"It hitting all of our websites, television and radio stations as we speak, I'll put the picture up on the news and in our papers too."

Satisfied that all of the fronts had been covered, Mikhail went to give Justine and Quinn an update. For the time being, all they could do was talk to the guests who had stayed at the hotel and those who had been on duty. His hope was that once Josephine's picture hit the news and website that she would be found quickly.

*******************************

"What's happening?" Jeremiah as he was taken to the showers. The air of excitement hadn't escaped him.

"The hunt for the queen mother has begun in earnest." the guard replied.

Jeremiah's heart sank; he was really hoping that Josephine was dead.

"Hurry you have visitors." The guard added."

Jeremiah looked over at Olivia as he passed her cell. He wanted to say something to her but what? That he was sorry? But he wasn't and he wasn't going to pretend that he was. When she looked at him, Jeremiah averted his eyes. He didn't need to see them to know that while she hated him, she still loved him.

"Too bad for her." He muttered as he began to prepare himself for whatever woman was going to punish him.

By the time he came out of the shower, Olivia and the other women were gone. A guard volunteered the information.

"They left a few minutes ago."

"Where were they taken?" Jeremiah asked.

"One of the queens prisons and then they'll be separated."

Jeremiah looked at the empty cells with envy; once again, he was alone.

**********************************

Freddie looked at Josephine willing her to spare his life. He didn't want to die even if it meant spending the rest of his life in prison. At least there, he would have a chance at freedom. His gaze went from her face to David's and then back. There was no point in asking him to spare him; it was up to Josephine who was still staring up at him.

"Sweetheart?" David said, "What do you want to do with him?"

"I know that you wan to kill him," Josephine said looking up at David, "and I would be less than honest if I said that there's a part of me that wants the same thing but ....I can't. An hour or two ago maybe but not now, send him to where he can't hurt anyone else.

Freddie breathed a sigh of relief and started to speak, he clamped his mouth shut when David looked at him with eyes filled with fury.

"The queen has a prison on the other side of the city, take him there." David said and then led Josephine away.

A few minutes later, they were home. While David ran her bath, Josephine examined her eyes in the mirror wondering why David hadn't seen the change in them. As she looked, she understood why, they were her normal shade of brown. She didn't understand it. She didn't have time to think about it because David was standing behind her rubbing her shoulders. They needed to talk but now she was so relieved to be home that she decided that it could wait.

David pulled her back against him and hugged her for a long time before helping her into the bathtub and then getting in with her sitting at the opposite end of the tub but close enough that he could catch her if she slipped under.

"Why are you sitting there?" Josephine asked confused, she wanted him where he usually sat which was behind her with his arms around her. "Are you angry with me?"

"No sweetheart, I'm not angry with you but I am angry with myself. If I had been honest with you, this wouldn't have happened. I can't tell you how sorry I am but I have a friend looking for your family."

"David, I'm tired and I need you. We can talk about this when I've had some rest but can you come sit behind me like you always do?"

He didn't have to be asked twice. Before she knew it, David was sitting behind her and holding her tight against his chest. It took her several minutes to realize that he was crying but trying not to and then she started crying too. David helped her turn around so that she faced him; she closed her eyes as he kissed her tears away and told her that he loved her.

When she opened her eyes, he stared at her.

"Josie... your eyes... they.. What happened in that place?" he whispered as he held her head still.

"I don't know... they just changed." Josephine replied.

"I always thought that your eyes were beautiful but these are exquisite." David breathed.

"You aren't afraid?" Josephine asked relieved.

"The only thing that I'm afraid of is losing you because of my selfishness and stupidity." David replied "But I am curious as to what this means."

His response was a soft snore from Josephine telling him just how exhausted she really was. David lifted her out of the tub and carried her to bed, tucked her in and climbed in behind her. He sighed in contentment when Josephine pushed back into him seeking the safety and warmth of his body.

Instead of resting, he began to think about how he was going to explain his actions and thanking god and the fates that she was safe.

"David?" Josephine said softly.

David jumped; he thought that she was asleep.

"Yes love?"

"I'm mad at you but I love you." she said and fell back to sleep.

******************************

Justine was in a deep sleep when her eyes snapped open. The flames surrounding them burned brightly as the black centers glittered.

"Jussie?" Quinn called, "Are you alright?"

Justine didn't answer; she didn't hear him. A few moments later, she relaxed, closed her eyes and went back to sleep snuggling back into Quinn who remained awake.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers