Katheryn's Baby

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You weren't meant to see."

"But I should have! It shouldn't have been so easy to hide it from me. I was your wife."

Was. Something inside me falls.

"Well," I smack my lips for moisture, still going for bravado. "I'm very good."

"You're lying in the hallway with red eyes and pressure marks on your face."

"The mark of a true champion."

"Don't," she insists, crouching down to help me up. "Don't deflect. Not anymore."

"Ok."

"All those things I said to you. I thought I was praising you, in my own sick way...acknowledging your kindness and patience. But I was just stabbing you in the back, over and over again."

"The heart."

"Sorry?"

"Nothing."

She lets out a moan. "I fucked him while you were in the house." A shudder. "I bragged about how good it made me feel. I feel sick."

"Are you...I mean did you come here..."

"For you." Her arms wrap around me. "I came for you."

I hang on tightly. "I can't stay here," I say at last.

"I know you can't. I can't either. We will have to move. Start somewhere fresh."

"Ok."

"You'll have to tell me everything. I won't be lied to any more. Not even if you think it helps."

"Ok."

"And we're going to talk about the things you wrote. You need to see a doctor about your depression."

"We'll talk."

"Damn right we will. We both need clarity on some issues."

I don't look forward to that. "Ok. But not right now."

She doesn't respond at first. "Don, do you really want a baby?"

"I said not right now."

She stiffens. "Yes, right now."

Honesty time. "Yes."

She squeezes into my shoulder, sobbing. We don't move right away. It sounds suspiciously like joy.

"Are we going to make it?" she asks later.

I take her hand, finding more strength than I can ever remember having had before. "We already have."

She smiles. I stand up.