All Comments on 'Know Nowt Nigel'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments (Page 2)
B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Difficult

If a person is a willing enabler to infidelity, are they innocent as portrayed in this story? Maybe Pat got what she deserved, maybe not. One really never knows until faced with that type of problem for themselves. Only part 2 can answer why, what and any other questions that Nigel has. Trust and respect and honesty will prevail. Honestly, I have no clue what I would have done. I only know what I have done in the past.

IMSmutIMSmutabout 7 years ago
Oh, boy...

Yeah, not good.

If a reconciliation was originally intended you should have layed alot more groundwork for it. Maybe drop the completely unnecessary part on how they met each other and actually explore the reconciliation.

The wife's story is so incredible and her actions so vicious that even if there was no cheating, reconciling after three dates in the epilogue come across as an extreme case of Stockholm Syndrome rather than a natural consequence of their love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written story - as usual

And as the author of a fictional story you can end it anyway you chose. But for Christ's sake! How could Nigel believe a single word coming out of Pat's mouth? If he does, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell him. She concocts such a convoluted whooper of a tale to excuse her actions that nobody in their right mind would have believed her. I hated the way he got treated in the divorce. I don't pretend to understand British divorce law but it seems unlikely Pat would just get to retain everything, not giving Nigel a penny of their bank accounts or other assets. And since he lost his job who could he be asked to maintain the home? That made no sense and neither did Pat's whale tales and their reconciliation. Nicely written, horrible ending. Thanks for the effort but I would have preferred a different ending. One that was a little more plausible.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Ugh.

Good writing but ending was rushed.

Pat had a hell of a lot to answer for!

Allowing her boss to use their marital bed to fuck around with a married woman?

She sounds like a fucking piece of trash!?

Not dealt with at all.

Disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I had

Some trouble when you didn't have them discuss why should would allow this kind of stuff to go on in her families home.

It felt like to big of an unanswered question.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bad ending.

A nice stoy, but the ending is pure abortion

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago
Meh

It seemed fatally flawed. She was aiding her friend in having an affair, and allowing her to do it in her own bed. And the wife was mad at him? And she was trying to garner sympathy for the cheating tramp? And somehow he overlooks this fact and takes her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
u let someone use our bed to fuck in ? ? ? ? ?

dumb dumb dumb

that is the one point you did not cover, why........ 5ssss

still a good one,

bill

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 6 years ago
I thought it was funny

So over the top! Didn't see the end coming, had to look up push bike, didn't think it could be a stride bike. Characters were well drawn, dialog excellent. I really liked it

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

She let two people, not married to each other, use their house and their bed to have an affair?????? I'd have spit in her face and told them all to stay away from me!

She was complicit in someone elses affair so she might as well have been guilty of one herself! Results are the same!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bollocks

Good until the utter bollocks ending,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Words and actions

Thank you for writing, this was an entertaining story. I did have some difficulty with the ending though.

There are words, and there are actions. For the 1st year post separation, it sounds like the family was actively trying to punish our hero. If Pat knew that her actions, allowing her friend to use their bedroom, caused her marital problems, why would she want to punish her husband? She had to know that he was unemployed, and her response is to freeze his assets, and make sure he is alienated from his kids? Bravo.

Maybe she wasn't trying to punish him, but was just caught up in the moment? If so, then why do we go a year before we bother to tell him it was all a mistake? Let him miss his daughters graduation, because she was what, upset that he was upset?

I would have a *very* hard time letting go of that.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 6 years ago
I'm not sure I believe Pat's story

I'm not sure I believe Pat's story. Seems pretty far fetched.

And if it is true, why would she enable cheaters?

GatorRickGatorRickover 6 years ago
Outstanding!!!!!!

A great story. OUTSTANDING . . . SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
if this were true why did she wait a year and why bleed him dry with separation?

no it smacks of manipulation not love

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
what da fuck!!

You don't buy wine at a supermarket. Holy dumb fuck! I don't know what the FDA calls supermarket "wine," but I call it "disgusting". You buy wine at a liquor store or wine shop. Shit!

I like the work done for the back story.

And if what Pat said was true, which is what I think the author wanted as there wasn't exposition of changes in the wife...and Nige was "blind" as in never saw Pat there at the house, although it is odd the shower singing and screaming didnt ring any bells, nor the unfamiliar clothes, it is a very entertaining story to read; well done. But there's a problem.

I just don't buy how Pat didn't send letters weekly for months until he read it, or used a court summons (if even possible), or something until the one year anniversary. And I guess the financial sanctions kept were for his benefit somehow? Shit, she would be addressing me as Sir for that one. And he kept the cum stained sheets for evidence, but it was just a rhetorical device as nothing of the sort happened. And didn't come back to pick up his laptop. It was probably the dumbest thing possible to file for divorce/separation. And then fibbed to the kids, which made them hate Nige, when the truth would have made communication easier, and they never tried to contact him afterwards... And in one story, 2 marriages were broken up because the wife loaned out their house for adulterous purposes...but here it doesn't mean anything.

The story is basically about a hot headed insecure man, or a lesson on staying within your social class.

So after finishing the story, which was entertaining to read, which I already said, a sour note started to sound after the music stopped...too much was contrived to let it slide.

PaulFellyPaulFellyabout 6 years ago
Supermarket Wine

This story is set in Britain, where shops selling only alcoholic drinks ( Off Licences or Offys ) are now virtually extinct. However, larger supermarkets over here sell a range of very good wines as well as the cheap plonk only any good for cooking.

jesemmojesemmoabout 6 years ago
Good

Good story, but could have been don't in three pages instead of five. Much too wordy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Implausible

I detest "It was all a misunderstanding, but the innocent spouse doesn't really try too hard to correct things" stories. An innocent spouse doesn't move forward with a divorce, and try to financially rape their partner for leverage.

Here's a counter-explanation: The wife *was* fucking around. I mean, c'mon, she was okay letting friends have an affair in their marital bed; that doesn't scream someone who cares a lot about fidelity to me. However, the affair cooled down after the husband left, and when the husband didn't go after the lover, the wife realized that he only knew about Janet, and growing to miss him, like a favorite dog, she figured she could lie her way out of it and get him back.

His first reaction after being told the story was correct.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Anon on 2/18 is an idiot

First, not everyone is as inbred as they are in your small little dry county township.

Log off the computer, get off your ass, see the world, go to places like California where Hard Pop booze is sold in grocery stores. Go to Washington State- they've since done the same thing.

Is this story plausible? Yes. The math is roughly 8 billion people. There's 6 basic emotions (Happy, sad, disgust, anger, fear, surprise) 35 secondary emotions, and 72 tertiary emotions. Look up english Teacher Kaitlin Robb's who created a vocabulary wheel that helps narrow down the exact word that best describes your feelings.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
STORY TIME ABOUNDS

now who gets to be the recipient, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
2* Reallly? I call bullshit.

Hubby has to make all of house payments plus pay college tuition for his adult children while she can afford to hire a P.I.???? Not believable even in the neo-commie country of Great Britain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sorry mate you can make chicken soup out of chicken shit

🐓

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 6 years ago
About the wife..

She's OK with adultery. She enabled it. She hid it.

They raised three kids in that house. I'm sure they kept the kid's rooms when they had each left home. Why not have her buddies mess up one of the other beds instead of her husband's? Logistically, it would have been easier for her. Why give him sex on the bed right after the others had finished? Hmm...?

Pauline, Gemma and Evie know that Nigel was being fooled regularly, did they find it funny?

She hired a PI. She knew where Nigel was for a bit, his situation had to be in the PI's report. Still, she kept him broke for her own purposes.

He was estranged from his kids. She could have sent one or all of them to Nigel at any time for reconcilation. She sent Evie instead to trick him. Was he meant to misunderstand Evie and make a big move on her? He thought about it. The whole scene could have gotten ugly, fast

Just looking at the whole thing from another angle is all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pat needs some pain.

For all the good reasons summarized by others.

She is a lying manipulative bitch. Uses her kids and sister against him.

He lives in abject poverty paying for ungrateful kids education and separation money.

No thanks.

Pain is the answer. A necessary plot device to make this story work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

While I understand the attempt by the author to create a cute and funny tale, it didn't work. This was cluttered, overburdened with unnecessary filler and details, as well as being twice as long as it should have been.

coredencoredenover 5 years ago
They're all guilty of something

He's guilty of arson, she's guilty of faking an insurance claim, her pal's guilty of being an accessory and the claims adjuster is a moron as well as an accessory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I liked it

Fun.

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago
T

Excellent story loved the twist, however still,wonder why no one contacted him earlier, replies Ed the money and cancelled the separation. That would have gotten his attention faster. What about Janet there is nothing in the epilogue that about how he makes amends to her. Despite her cheating his going crazy was over the top. No wonder she was still suffering from ptsd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wife aided and abetted cheaters

and he's supposed to trust her why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pat needed to kick hubby to the curb

What sets him off next? Denting the car?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Very well told.

But a depressing story. The husband is a deeply wounded man. The wife assisted a friend cheating on her husband. That would be hard to forget.

That was intense, but very good.

trandall9991trandall9991about 5 years ago
Nice

Very well written. What I am having trouble with is this: why did Pat wait so long to stage the intervention? And she obviously had no respect or love for him to hold up the money for that whole time. But a nice real nice story about two cheaters who tried to push the envelope on two others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good writing but

Several unanswered questions about the weird year long disaster and an ending that just felt flat without a little dialogue.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 5 years ago
Her explanation might be true

But who cares? She, without any input or agreement from her husband, loaned out their home and marital bed for an adulterous affair. Any spouse that has the mental state to do that obviously has two deeply disturbing beliefs.

1. Cheating is okay as long as you are not caught.

2. It's perfectly fine to disrespect and disregard your significant other by turning your home into an extra-marital flophouse without even asking their opinion on the matter.

Now, beyond that, who's to say he simply caught the wrong woman on the wrong night? Possibly they had a threesome. Belief number one that I listed means that you can't rule out EITHER of those possibilities. Not can anyone prove they did or did not happen. So in addition to the troubling mindset is his wife, now TRUST is out the window as well. He would be well served paying for another year and getting really far from his wife after the divorce went through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
VERBOSE

Wordy, with unnecessary details about the printing business and its building, that could have all been summarized with one sentence, "Due to a fire and the damage it caused, I left work 3 hours earlier than usual."

This was followed by wordy, irrelevant backstory of how they got together, that was not needed for the plot. I abandoned the story before I completed page 1. Did not need another 4 pages of tedious reading.

Did not rate what I did not read.

Paul in Oklahoma

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Agree verbose edit morbrand also correct she cheated by aiding and abetting cheaters

He has no fault his house contaminated by wife and cheaters

Why so many stories date and marry above themselves if really believed that run opposite direction and spending everything first date really !

Dated beautiful women in my youth never felt out of my comfort zone

If I felt too high maintenance I didn't bother with them

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Bit on the boring

Did I use the right English dialogue there? Quite long for the content and improbable in the execution. One year to figure out it was all a big mistake from the git go? Naw, can't buy.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Go through with the divorce.

She should never have let someone use the house for infidelity.

Shows how she thinks.

She never told clueless because it wouldn't fly.

She's deceptive and entitled, and left him in a bind afterwards.

Not worth it. That's how I'd feel, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Was so good until the end

This was a great series that unfortunately fell flat at the end. He would have been smart enough to have set it up so she couldn’t find him and if she did, he would have an exit plan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Dam that was good

Yes there was a few bits I didn’t agree on but hey I didn’t care . At the end of the day it was a tongue in cheek thing it was just an enjoyable story. Just some people just need to remember it was a little bit of fun story. Nothing more or less yes it had its faults but for what it was worth it was a decent story. And it also teaches people a lesson called never cheat we got the BTB gag by hearing that the cheating wife is now on pills to help her and her lover ends up black and blue . Just if it was me I was expecting pat to be the one that was cheating . But hey look what I know that’s when I realised that this was a tongue in cheek story. That’s why then I started to enjoy it

Buck1974Buck1974about 4 years ago
Brilliant

Yes there was a few little things. But I do like these sorts of stories they are so much fun . This sort of stories remind me of the old classic films . Where presumption screws everything up so as I agree with that other person it was a tongue in cheek thing. That makes this story fantastic it was just to silly to get irritated with it . Because it clearly shows what presumption does if not careful it can also be dangerous. But this was a fun story so have to say please write more stories like this. You clearly got a talent for this sort of stories. Anyway you should have plenty of time to knock out a few of these stories. Since being locked away for another 3 weeks ( I know it’s not now it’s about another 2 and a half weeks now but hey . ) And remember I’m proud to read your stories just look after yourself and family but don’t forget my stories lol .

RanDog025RanDog025almost 4 years ago
5 STARS

VERY WELL WRITTEN! THANK YOU.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Great Story

Really cool. He should have a little better opinion of himself, but I know the feeling. No average guy thinks pretty girls are in their grasp. The Bear approves. Kept me entertained , though.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Didn't end the way i expected...

I thought we would see an outro featuring him leaving this place behind after having spent the afternoon in bed with his ex. Of course, the only clue we readers would have for his departure would be the sounds of his ex's "joyous post-coital singing" as she shower and he heads out the door.

But seriously, that is the only point that isn't covered and gives me pause when it comes to the conclusion of this story. He seemed to recognize the singing as a known habit of his wife's. Very enjoyable read otherwise. Thanks for the story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Seriously

He believed that load of happy horse shit? Took them quite awhile to cobble that tall tale together

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
I really thought

He was going to ride off on his bike and narrate in his head why he knew her story was bullshit. THAT would have been a strong ending.

moblanemoblanealmost 4 years ago
Disappointing but Fun!

As a story it lacked, and I'm not exactly sure what! The 'Hercule Poirot' expose at the end was poorly put together and much less than acceptable. I see one commenter described it as cobbled -together horse shit! I am not in total disagreement with that. For it to be appropriate some inkling of this 'cobbled-together' confusion should have been weaved into the story. It was well told , if a little confused. I followed it well and expected a thoroughly different conclusion and the end was interesting at least. It is only a short distance from great but it would take a really good editor to properly unwrap it! 4**** Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
And I thought

He would insist on the divorce anyway since because, even tho she "allegedly" didn't cheat, she facilitated, thereby approving, two other married people to cheat.

ltpw

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

Big big big miss that never was addressed and should have been the catalyst for Nigel to finalize the divorce. "Pat condoned by allowing Janet to commit adultery in Pat's house/bed with a married man." Nigel surely was not party to this conduct in his home! Pat is as guilty of adultery as Janet or does the UK culture not find fault in this type of behavior? Pat's arrogance to facilitate adultery caused this whole mess and is very telling of her true nature (and desires).

*

Plus Pat (and kids) after the PI found Nigel, let Nigel suffer a malnourished poverty existent life insuring Pat/kids got the support money for a whole damn year - with obvious NO regards to his health. Pat knew the logical actions of Nigel within two weeks of the confrontation and waited (think kitchen table). Even after Pat realized her complicity in this adulterous acts that created this whole damn mess she waited to insure Nigel was properly punished for Pat's transgressions. Evie was appalled of how Nigel looked and he could only afford a bike.

*

Nigel needs to stay away from that family of ingrates (his adult kids took her side and never sought truth) - let him enjoy a life of solitude! Just STOP with the financial theft of his meager and very hard earned wages!!! For 24yrs Nigel loved and trusted a conniving deceitful amoral bitch.

*

3* Hooyah, salute!

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
DOES THIS DO OVER TALE SOUND TOO CONTRIVED

especially with all the family witnesses changing their minds and legal being dismissed with no explanation for his treatment causing him to miss all functions. TK U MLJ LV NV

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Weird story

Can you say cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Another terrible and unrealistic misunderstanding story

It is the author's story, but I am not a big fan of stories based on misunderstandings because people did not talk to each other. The husband was an asswipe who deserved everything he got. Instead of confronting the facts, he played games and destroyed his home based on his assumptions.

The story's facts were unbelievable. There is no way that family could not have found him for a year. Why didn't the sister immediately tell Nigel that he had his facts wrong. Why did the kids turn away from him, if it was all a misunderstanding.

There are just too many contrived facts at way with each other for the story to be enjoyable.

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

If Pat was covering for Janet, then it begs the question of if Janet was covering for Pat in the same way?

That question was not addressed in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Divorce the Bitch Whore

Pat lets Janet use he marriage bed to cheat on her husband. How Nice. she is just another manipulative slut herself. she goes for a legal separation and drains him dry of money as well so he would talk to her. Bull shit. What a piece of shit she is. Her whole life she manipulated the dummy. Just another whore tease.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
how can he forgive her?

...she may not have cheated...but she was helping cheaters cheat and that too in their own bed.. so that shows her own values..

why would he want to remain married to a woman who sees nothing wrong in extramarital affairs and actively helps in them????

the writing was good but this left a crater sized hole in the whole story logic

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Cover

Don't like the idea of Pat covering for her cheating friend, but I did like the story. Pat and Reggie didn't fare too well after their innocent tryst.

fishgetterfishgetterover 3 years ago

"lee54564 months ago

Weird story

Can you say cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" >>>>>> I AGREE Lee. This is just weird and he should kick her to the curb. Period. End of story !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not for me

I've read 2 of your loving wives stories that are pretty much the same plot with this one. The wife is either a stupid or selfish slut who is at fault, the husband is a wimp who runs away and the kids are stupid and side with their stupid mother. The wife eventually finds the husband and gives him a bunch of bullshit and the husband eventually gives in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No. It makes no sense. Why would Pat "let her married friend use their marital bed to fuck random guys"

That is your entire plot. They have hotels. They have cars in parking lots. They have secluded parks. She LET HER FRIEND CHEAT, and did NOT tell her husband. That means she condones cheating. Not just condone, but ENABLE it. This is such a deal breaker. This is such a red flag.

I understand you, the author, saw a twist here. Thought it would be fun in a cynical way. But it fails to launch. I'm left feeling no sympathy for Pat. I'm left feeling no consistency in the logic of the story you have created. I get that uneasy feeling you get when you see something out of place.

This story needed to address the elephant in the room, at the very least. I'm sure someone far more clever than I could make your story work. But in it's current state, it makes zero sense.

green117green117about 3 years ago
Coming in way late...

Well...

A story for a locale and a time...

My time in England leads me to believe that they are less... Nazi about matters matrimonial and romantic than Yanks like me... and so I cut such stories a break.

A long intro about the romance of them getting together a waste of time? I thought it was to set up the romantic cute denouement... which is French in origin and means ending... Lasagne and Sherry Trifle? Excellent...

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The guy is a dipshit. After being wrong for all that time he should be the one apologizing and asking for forgiveness. Dipstick.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 3 years ago
Unlikely Premise

Most good fiction stories depend on some degree of ‘willing suspension of disbelief’’ (WSD) by We-The-Readers! Those tales which require none are likely to have little WTR interest. Only Obviously Satiric tales can get away with too many and/or too extreme WSD.

For me, the idea that a happily-married, empty-nester female (Sweetie) would support a married female colleague (& friend) in ANY affair seems very unlikely … even if they were roomies in college*. Then, add to that that the affair is with Sweetie’s and BFF’s boss … a man with more than average finances. Can’t Boss afford a good motel? WTRs see Sweetie allowing Hubby & Her house and marital bed be despoiled. The consequences of her even suggesting this arrangement to Hubby, let alone the potential compromise the unveiling of this could have on her employment, and with her boss is daunting. The cheaters are unprofessional and have drafted Sweetie to accept that same status. As just suggested, Sweetie made herself more vulnerable to join the cheaters as well. Getting your honey from the same place you get your money is a very bad idea, even among peers. WTRs do not know who initiated the affair, but Boss shoulda prevented it in either case. Since he did not, he is exploitative … which means Sweetie was very likely to eventually be impressed into the tryst, if not already.

Bottom line … Hubby did the right thing for the wrong reason! Get back on your bike.

* That suggests a continuous friendship of over twenty years!

three stars.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

I like the story. It was somewhat slow paced but I'm a sucker for reconciliations.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

I quite liked it and the reconciliation (wish it was tagged as such) but the story has some problems. The fact the wife was happy to let her boss sleep around at her house is just plain strange and I'm shocked it wasn't all a lie to excuse her behavior. Even if he knew it wasn't his wife with the boss that still looks really bad her boss sleeping with some woman at their house. Overall a good story, 5 stars.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

So she covered her whoring by a lame excuse of facilitating her house even her bedroom and marital bed as whorehouse to her colleagues

And.....

Our action hero turnedout as wimpy cuckold husband, accepted all blindly neglected bright shiny daylight true facts, without any reliable proofs except her liar sister's alibi.

Why so immature and unacceptable forced RAAC ending

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - It was a very weird story, but it worked out in the end - sort of.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

If you had worked it in a way that could somehow have made sense for her to loan her and her husbands bed out to two cheaters that would have helped. But frankly if my wife loaned our bed out to two worthless shits to fuck in, there would be hell to pay. Not only from the grossness of the situation, as described, but her helping two other people cheat on their spouses would make her NOT be a candidate for a life long partner.

So with that in mind it really fell on its face.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

Nowhere do you say why the fuck the wife was fine letting her boss screw some other woman in her house and in her marriage bed. That's pretty much the single most important question of the reconciliation, and you left it unanswered.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Interesting story. But, there are, for me, a couple of issues. 1) Why is the Pat letting her friend, Janet, use their home as the location for her trysts? That would piss me off. 2) Seems that their 3 children turned their back on Nigel, without trying to hear his side. His son saying he never wants to see him again. Nigel should tell him to honor his statement and to leave him alone. 3) Pat goes nuclear on him and impoverishes him, even though it was her actions/decisions, re:Janet, that lead to the situation. So why go back to her. Better that he continues to avoid his ungrateful wife and brood.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"But if it was all such a misunderstanding, why did everyone in my family tell me to bugger off?"

"Well, Nige, that's my fault." Pat said, "I couldn't tell the kids that you thought you'd caught me having an affair. I ... I thought if you could think that badly of me so easily, that you were probably thinking of having affairs-"

.

And with that bit of completely illogical bullshit, the story went completely off the rails.

.

If it was all just a huge mixup that could have been resolved quickly with explanations…then why his who.e family refused to telll him for a bloody year is just completely incoherent.

.

Plot devices like this really hurt a story. And besides…Nigel was a twit.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story: 1. Much too long, too drab. 2. The history- nice to know a bit about it but not for over a page.

3. Takes that much time for his wife to tell him everything's a mistake, a misunderstanding? After she froze him out & set the kids against him? 4. Why the fuck did she let her friend/ co-worker use their bed? Use their house, for that matter? If it was me, there'd be some huge confrontations that might not end well. Again, letting her friend have an affair in their house, in their bed? Even with clean sheets, etc., total grossness.

4b. Also, afterwards, why did he have sex with her after all the hurt she caused? Why would he even want to? Is he that weak of a man?

5. She lied to the kids about what happened, putting it all on him while not admitting what he was led to believe, because it would look bad for her. No worries that it not only looked bad for him, but turned out horrible. She froze all his funds putting him almost into the poorhouse, not releasing the funds until a year later.

6. Why wouldn't any child l high school/ college, who should have a working brain, not reach out to him to ask his side of the story, instead of only hearing one.

7. A totally unbelievable story & flawed characters. Should've been edited nicely to 3 pages at most. 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An entertaining, if bizarre, combination of a BTB and reconciliation story that has just enough dead pan humour to compensate for the unanswered questions in the plot and one of the most idiotic husbands in Literotica fiction. The real problem I have is why would any woman in her right mind want to reconcile with such a childish, petulant, vindictive, unapologetic dickhead.

LA

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - for a really bad idea.

I mean the telling of the story was interesting and well done, but the plot and subject matter was crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't work for me. Ditto previous comments. Very well written, as usual.

LWlurker

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Husband and his entire family are retarded..

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

Even if her explanation was true, it brings into question her attitude to cheating, if she’s happy to give her friend the use of her bedroom, could she be trusted to resist temptation if an opportunity presented itself for her. Janet would be more than happy to offer a quid-pro-quo in location provision.

It would play on any reasonable spouse’s mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unnecessary drama…added nothing to the story…it was childish overall!

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 2 years ago

How the fuck do you not seriously analyze this so called wife’s morals and values? She condones having a co-worker and her supervisor hooking up at your home, and in your marital bedroom, to secretly have an ongoing adulterous affair???? Why would you want to be around such a person? If they are ok with doing that then what else has she done, and what else is she capable of doing??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well it's in unnanimous!!! Well written, but bullshit!! No one cares how long they were married, and to let others fuck in their marriage bed meant two things to me. One, she had no respect for her husband, and two, she had used it to fuck other guys. Just changing the sheets means nothing. Impossible ending.

XYZ

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

why doesn't anyone seem to care that the little wifey Pat loaned her's and hubbie's home out to a work

acquaintenance for her fuck rendezvous? and that the whole thing was OK just as long as she could get

home before him and clean up the house? WTF?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but…… too easy on Pat

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He really did "know nowt", didn't he? Suddenly, the wife wants to come clean and the family want to reconcile! Why now? Oh, yes - the end of his financial obligations is looming: divorce; no more house payments; no more education support; no more opportunities to sponge off Nigel - so they all conspire to dupe him. Was the fleeting meeting really with "Janet"? Did "Janet" ever exist? If she did, why only now? Oh, yes - he has been stiffed well and good!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

I remember the story because of the leaking roof! Good story by a good writer.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another assnomeous person comments.

You seem to be well read by the comments.

Struck a raw wound or scab pull.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

Good story. Well written.

But …

The MC Nigel is the consummate pudding-for-brains prat who goes on a violent and destructive rampage while possessing little to no actual facts. Why Pat still wants him back is beyond belief.

But I would assume that was exactly what you were going for. If so you succeeded quite well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two stars generous mood.

Reasoning

Job knew about roof etc

Why did he stay/look for another place

. So tired of cliche "she is too good for me" if so find one who isn't. No men I know would marry anyone who they felt were too good for them.

She was covering up for cheating slut for how long?

She is guilty of aiding and abetting

Etc

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@nixroxabout 1 year ago

5 stars - It was a very weird story, but it worked out in the end - sort of.

@nixrox10 months ago

1 star - for a really bad idea.

I mean the telling of the story was interesting and well done, but the plot and subject matter was crap.

Your comments seem to sound like you are a bit wishy washy. 5 stars the first time you read the story then only one star the second time!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

A brilliant and entertaining yarn which I enjoyed reading. 5 stars and added to my favourites. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have pushed the divorce through, and stayed away from his so called family and friends. The wife was enabling an affair, which meant that she was a cunt hair away from having one herself. The children and friends believed the worst about him, and never asked for his side of the story .

As for the woman who is now a basket case, choose to play slut games, win slut prizes!

ZK

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 1 year ago

The whole reconciliation at the end was a fantasy.

Nigel gets screwed over for one year due to a misunderstanding facilitated by the wife enabling two cheaters to use his home as a hideout including his bed? He is impoverished (she had to know how much money she was costing), living in an unsafe hovel, no car and no good job. She comes around a year later to fix things? The wife's explanation for her delay reeks of privilege and disrespect and the grown children were no better. He paid for their education and they have no contact for a year to get his side of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For sure the wife has serious explaining to do about allowing two cheaters to use her house and bedroom to meet up and have a sordid affair. But a lot of commentes below seemed to muss the comedy of errors. For the husband: when Pat appeared he didn't tell at all why he didnwhat he did to the house and clothes. He just walked away. Besides how did she get out of the bathroom? She thought he went insane and destroyed a bunch of house. She fled in fear as she saw his face before leaving. Janet was in shock and taken to the hospital. Thr kids initially sided with theirnmom because (a) she did not cheat and (b) she thought thr MC had lost his mind. Pat and Evie didn't start to get an inking of why until they heard of the fire, saw the confrontations, and talked to Janet who was actually clueless as to what happened and who. Only when she went back a little over a week did she see his gifts and what must have been his intentions and then what must have happened. It took weeks. He was well gone by the and refused all contact and went practically

off the grid. She froze the assets in separation, and not filing for divorce, to get him to answer her and reach out. Nothing. His economic struggles were self imposed. He could have gotten a lawyer and fought things. He did zilch after he got to his new location. People complain why a year? Because the author wrote it that way. But seriously they used PIs and without him using credit cards and no car to register, he was practically off grid in a urban area! Took a long time to find him. Then Evie started to approach. The MC clearly has major insecurities. He admits to this when he speaks to his wife. No one could reach him or knew where he was. He had gone underground for all intents and purposes. Findable but not easy. He and such miserable year that he refused for a bit to forgive or get back together picking his dreary solo life. Remember he severed all communications. Anyways it was clearly set up a string of tragicomedic errors. The only big one for me.is that why let cheaters from her workplace fuck on their marital bed. That is something his wife must answer for. But not worthy of divorce. Another case where a rapid -drop the mike" approach goes off the rails.

gopher25gopher25over 1 year ago

Really stupid. He didn't recognize it was not Pat when June was screaming to get out of the bathroom? None of them told him early on it was June not Pat having the affair? Get real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really stupid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Husband's who do not confront and just exit stage left without a word, are passive idiots. It is your marriage and your family! Fight for it until you know it is deaf and buried.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I get the comedy of errors bit, I do, but the wife's logic behind allowing the adulterers to fuck in her marriage bed, the place where she sleeps, where her husband sleeps, is beyond me. A guest room, okay, sure, maybe, I guess, but not her own bed. Also, the husband is just gonna accept that his wife was totally okay with her friend/coworker fucking around on their marriages?

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Nicely done, kept it going right to the end, nice idea, nice character set, maybe just a bit more sex?

Xzy89c1Xzy89c111 months ago

She supported someone else having an affair in her bed. Odds are high she had affairs,as it did not bother her at all.

BigDee44BigDee4410 months ago

Lots of fun confusion. However, why was Pat OK with helping a married Janet have an affair? Seems likely to be out of character for her to do that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...