All Comments on 'Know Nowt Nigel'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dumb fucking story. Who the fuck would allow people use their bedroom to cheat and fuck?! Unrealistic story. Furthermore, too much unnecessary writing at the beginning.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

The plot was on such thin ice that the heat through the bottoms of my shoes melted away the last of it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Clever but some of it doesn't hang together that well. Like of tortuous circumstances. But at the end of the day she letter s pair of coworkers use their marital bed each Friday to have an affair. It comes off as believable that she has zero inclination to cheat and loves the MC, and some of the hardship that year that seemed onerous was to try to get him to come out of hiding, though it isn't clear when in the year separation the PIs found where he lived and worked. And while what she did is maybe not worthy of a divorce and his reaction was violent and over the top and really scared her, what she did setting up their marital bed as a location for two cheating lovers is reprehensible. Top that off with the misunderstandings, the time gaps, his kids' reactions, the freezing of the assets and you can see how his insecurities came out in the open and he turned first violent and then later distant and cold and miserable, enclosed in his pain. Fortunately they were able to get past that. She saw a savage side to him that shocked her. He learned that she was a virign and has only ever been with him. She used the courts to try to smoke him out, not realizing with his lost factory job and reduced pay that the financial hardship had devastated him. Surprised that one of thr kids did not re-approach much sooner. Even if by him/her self. Also not sure why it took a year. Again when did she know his location from PIs? Couldn't be right away. I get that the first 6 weeks or so.werr chaos. She left scared to stay with Evie. Gets back and has thr adjuster see thr damage. Notice the flowrs and candy. Finally realized what he thought happened. Figured he would show up again at home. He didn't. Went to facfory. Saw was closed. Stonewalled by his mates. Thought he had assaulted her boss. Didn't know about the car arson. All of that was what maybe a few weeks? Six weeks or so tops? Filed for separation and wanted. But why a year? Couldn't the PIs once engaged find him in a couple of weeks. He had not assumed a new identity of fled the country. Nah seems like yoo.big a time gap. Evie was a good character acting as an intermediary. Didn't understand the part where the wife though he was having an affair given his reaction and probably told the kids as much. Huh? So yeah some creative story elements and glad they reconciled but one big issue and then lots of weird contrivances and miscommunications thar lead to a year long separation. 3-4 mo ths seems more believable. She was s art to use Evie as a go between.

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

I liked it a lot, probably because I share a lot of Nigel's insecurities, not to mention how well you write. I hope you're just taking a sabbatical and will resume posting stories for us.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Creative and crazy but completely ignores the hold problem where Pat was letting other people use their marital bed for an affair. That is bonkers and is virtually impossible to defend. Also ending was a bit rushed with regards to reconciling. Hence 4 stars.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny7 months ago

None of this explains away why she allowed her work friend, and the Boss she claims she despises to use HER marital bed for illicit sex? Especially when she has other bedrooms in the house vacated by her children at college and their own places. What would be the reason to allow her scumbag boss to leave his nasty cum stains on her husband's marital bed and even his pillow? That alone would earn the car burning.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean7 months ago

Why did he take back the woman who thought it was fine to let her boss and a fellow employee use their house for an affair? The bullshit I couldn't get in touch with you for a yr, private detective 2 hours tops? The kids could have called right at the start but the cheater/enabler didn't want to be embarrassed so dumped it all on him and the kids went along with it??? That toxic crew of ew. Other than that it was well done, something unusual well written other than the afore mentioned plot holes the dialog well mostly monologue was great not really plot holes more continuity issues i think a good read got me pissed off in the right spots well done

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

Why not use the guest room or something.. She did wrong by letting the lovers use their bed and cheat on their spouses

H. JekyllH. Jekyll5 months ago

My oh my are people picky! Sure I have problems with the story, just like anyone will have problems with this or that story. But really? My issue would be this: why oh why would she try to get back together with a person who was such a short distance from love to World War III? Plus, it was a bit convoluted. But whatever. It was a nice change of pace from most "cheating" stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cliche after cliche. Yet another cliched LW husband who is essentially a child: impulsive, unthinking, out of control of his emotions, morally rigid, self-pitying and unable to talk to his wife of 20+ years. How someone this immature gets through life I can’t understand. Plus, this story dragged on and on - why say something in one sentence when you can write it in 4 full rambling paragraphs that add nothing to the story? Completely unbelievable actions and responses from every character in the story. 1*.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The wife's clearly not right in the head, why would she let the Lovers use their house and their bedroom for that matter? She did wrong. Any husband would have assumed the same thing. While the husband reaction was over the top, and the way the author writes there's clearly big plot holes, like we don't even know how much time passed during the separation and the kids were bastards as well clearly cutting him off, granted it was because the wife lied. But if the wife didn't cheat why so scared to tell the truth and let the adulterous use their house. Clearly she was cheating as well. If the author clears all this up could have been a nice reconciliation story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The whole premise of the story is beyond stupid…it defies common sense!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I am pretty sure I can see what the author was trying to do. Husband f$cks (wrongfully) assuming his wife is cheating, but is wrong, despite all the apparent evidence, identity mishap, wife has never cheated (author all but absolutely spells that ouy in the story), severs all co tact with family, long separation, frabtic search, and then reconciliation.

But the author messed up the execution. The massive plot hole really makes it unbelievable. Namely that his wife does not confess to her kids that it was someone else in their marital bed (what is up with that anyways?) and their father thought it was her. Not Evie even knows and does not tell her niece and nephew. By NOT doing that, it created the final rift where the kids disowned their father and he severed all contact and vanished. Hence the one year or so gap. Th author wanted the long painful gap. But to get there from the altercation to the separation required actual malice on the part of his wife. That would be very hard to forgive. NOT to mention the other hole of WHY is she letting two people at work cheat in their marital bed on a regular basis? Wtf?

So laudable idea, but botched execution going from A to B. Regardless 4 stars for thr creative attempt.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...