All Comments on 'Know Nowt Nigel'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well...

Well...That sucked!

SpacemansaysSpacemansaysover 9 years ago
meh

I'm cold on the story. She might not have cheated but she was happy to allow others to cheat at her home. So still morally lacking

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not entirely plausible, but still ...

Enjoyed the characters and I'm fine with the ending. Please continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really Liked it!

Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm just way too sick and tired of the dumb husband cliché that it is just not fun to come here and read anymore. Even the good authors can't seem to get away from the dumb husband slant. I guess it is the easiest plot device but it gets old story after story after story....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thanks

Enjoyed reading about a straight guy for a change, hope you write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a well written tale , worthy of 4 stars

entertaining story , very well written , interesting & intriguing plot .

the ending really surprised me , the explanation / outcome was totaly unexpected.

really enjoyed reading it , was enthralled & captivated from start to finish.

i guess the one problem i have with the tale is that i can't see someone as devoted to thier family & committed to thier husband ever letting others use her house & bed for an illicit affair .

maybe she would ignore the knowledge of others infidelity , possibly even provide excuses or cover for them . but to let them use her house , use the bedroom she shares with her husband ... i really struggle to reconcile that.

the good quality of the writing deserves 4 stars ,

if the plot inconsistancy was not so worrisome , i would have considered it worthy of 5 stars .

xxxhugsxxx

p.s

using her house would have been slightly less of an issue , more plausable if the fucking was taking place in a guest bedroom / suite .. after all... the son has left home , both girls are at uni. not unreasonable that they would have redecorated / updated one of the spare bedrooms into a guest bedroom / ensuite.

p.p.s

i don't see a dumb husband in this story .

i see a dumb wife , for letting her house be used by others

i see a dumb wife for not finding a way to let him know what happend much sooner.

i see some dumb kids for not finding thier father and explaining things to him , once they were aware of the true events .

ok, everyone wants to wait until he has had time to cool down /cool off....

but a fucking YEAR ..... lol ., some serious issues here remain unresolved

not to mention the "trust" issue ... how do you get over the fact that your wife has been letting other pple use your house , your bed , for several months , and she hides that fact from you . thats a BIG omission / deceit ... and would leave me wondering if she is capable of that , then what the hell else has she / does she hide from me ??????

yeah i can forgive her (maybe) ... but i am always going to have doubts as to what else she hides from me / neglects to tell me / deliberatly deceives me about.

still , great story well worthy of the 4 stars i voted , really wish i could have given it 5 stars , but not quite

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It DOES seem like a straight-forward moral in this story....

Enabling OTHERS to cheat is JUST as bad as doing the cheating yourself.

Here are the things:

1)IF you are going to let someone else have sex at your house, then WHY

a)let them use the marital bed?

b)not tell your husband about it?

c)not tell your kids, after the mix-up became understood?

d)not offer ANY sort of apology, even when trying to explain things AN ENTIRE YEAR LATER?

2)Why get the sister involved in the ruse to get him to "talk" WITHOUT coming straight out at the reason why they are there?

3)Why be so strict with the separation paperwork, if divorce isn't part of the agenda?

a)her explanation is that it was a way to get them talking, but when it didn't work, then it took six more months or more to get around to coming up with the sister/son/ambush-at-the-restaurant plan?

b)why not agressivly pursue him at the new copy shop, like the epilogue states, MUCH MUCH SOONER? (she did hire a PI firm, afterall....Why not use the info she paid for?)

Again, My biggest problem with the RAAC in this story, is that there NEVER was an apology, not even from the children.

Here is the good thing about this story.

It WAS technically well written, in the interesting English voice, with solid character development of the narrator. That said, even with the twist edging towards cliche', it absolutly did seem a bit of the "same-old, same-old".

No matter what, your contribution here IS very appreciated. And I thankyou for your time and effort.

moandickmoandickover 9 years ago
Just too much coincidence to accept.

Most of the story was plausible and could have led to a really satisfying finish - not necessarily "burn the bitch" stuff - but some well conceived plan. To my mind, the author lost interest in this story and just used any old plot to finish it off - and again in my view, totally and completely ruined what could have turned out to be a real winner of a story. What a shame!

Dick

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Lot's of Fun

This an excellent story and I am suprised that it does not have more comments.

It is a case of it is not what you think being true. Coincidents are the underlying structure of out lives. I think of a time when I realized that there had been a cock-up and that I needed to speak to the gentleman who was looking after our grant, turned the corner and there he was...

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 9 years ago
what

a load of BS, a loving wife incorrectly accused of an affair does not act this way and attack her dumb ass husband, she tracks him down and explains every thing with the kids help. Just another stupid plot. T

WriteOnGuyWriteOnGuyover 9 years ago
Could have been a classic!

I don't usually find myself in agreement with the anonymous crowd, but this time a couple of them have some very valid (and itemized) points: I won't repeat them. I thought the first three, out of five, pages were great. And at that point it was a five* story, but (IMHO) it went south from then on. What is with the completely unbelievable RAAC ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Trite BS

It's well written, but the plot is overused and unbelievable. The main problem is would a faithful wife set up an evenening in her mertial bed for two cheaters? Speaks poorly of her character and respect for a place that should be reserved for her husband alone. It would have been slightly easier to take if she had set this up in a spare bedroom, but best to have nothing to do with helping others cheat on their spouses. Makes one wonder if she has benefited by a similar exchange in the past. Nigel was right to leave her and a fool to trust her again

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Trite and silly. *

The letting another couple commit adultery in your marital bed, one of them being your boss. Plus identical cars, etc. Why didn't the author just make the wife have forced sex with aliens from the planet Urzod. That would have been just as believable. One star.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
I have to agree with others...

I have to agree with other's comments about how flowery the story is...But 3* because it amused me...

avidreader123avidreader123over 9 years ago
I agree

Letting them use your marital bed was bogus. Was her friend helping her cheat too? Sounded like a good size house so they could have used a guest room.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 9 years ago
I think your mother had forced sex with space men

dear annomy!! That's why you're so fucked up!!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
This author's a right rum bastard , he is !

By any means necessary that's the working motto . There's aforementioned, by other comments, holes in the plot that a locomotive could vector thru with ease. But I really enjoyed the upbeat ending paired with wry cynic humor after poor bastard got himself entangled in the divorce mill. Who's to blame . Everyone , no one - its just life which is hard when you weaken.

Nice cross-up of expectations baiting me with expectations of a tryst with younger sis. That would have been the easy way. The author opted for a far more complex and plausibility stretching route . Did it work ? Well that all depends on one's inner romantic. I also greatly admire the hard work needed to back up the convoluted explanation as well as it did. Believe me, I've read far worse .

Color me a sucker for a happy ending. Full marks. *****

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

The writing is well done. A bit of a screwed up story. However, not too different from the usual LW. That was the point, Eh? I'd have lost my cool as well. Probably ended up on "death row" instead of a dumpy flat. Bono fortuna!

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
I always say...

A writer should write in his own native language but that comes back to bite me when it's british english. Definitely needs a translator for the rest of the english speaking world :-)

Awesome writing and amusing on many levels. I've enjoyed a few of your other stories. One of the better writers on Lit!

rjordanrjordanover 9 years ago
Good start

After an interesting start, it bogged with all the 28 year old dating background, then got a little too weird and convoluted.

I like the writer's style, but this story just didn't do it for me at all. I think he might consider one of Elmore Leonard's writing tips, "Try to leave out the part that readers tend to skip."

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
I Admit I Haven't Read This Yet, But...

Going through the comments, and one fact strikes me:

Someone who would condone/enable others to cheat gives serious doubt to their own commitment to fidelity.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Good plot

A bit poorly executed. The rambling discussion of how Pat and Nigel met was too long and unnecessary, and the time frames were all wrong. No one would have waited a year to have that heart to heart.

@Gordo12 - the language was fine, ~grin.

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Twist

An amusing sad and entertaining story with an unexpected twist on the last page, this story reminds me of the old adage, "look before you leap", looking forward to more from this writer. Oh yes, to a previous comment made Gordo, it is not illegal or shameful to be ignorant but one should be mindful of opening ones mouth and telling the world. I am very aware of the great sacrifices Americans have made on behalf of the U.K. and Europe but I do not like ill mannered comments.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 9 years ago
Loved the story!

Nicely told, pleasant (fun) to read and paced just right. Needed the long intro and discussion about their first meeting to make the ending have some resonance. This was a "5" and well worth it.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
How a couple met years before

the dispute in their marriage matters not. I really wish that writers would get over the urge to spend a page or two on information that does not relate to the story in any way. That was the big problem with this story; that and no one figuring out the truth sooner and helping the poor bastard out of his self imposed exile. I did not understand why she bled him dry for so long. It actually seemed more cruel than funny. If it had been a few days, or a week, it's amusing. This guy was tortured for a very long time and really did nothing wrong. That drained most of the humor out of the ending for me. He suffered far too much for a happy ending.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Wha?

She was letting her friend use her marriage bed to cheat in with her boss? WTF? She didn't bother to clear that with her husband? Sounds like a disrespectful POS to me. How much did she respect her own marriage if she let other people fuck in her bed? Disgusting. She treated her husband without any respect. Why she'd want to get back with him is a mystery. She was at fault, it was up to her to straighten it out, a YEAR later she finally decides to straighten it out? Who was she fucking for the last year? Did she get it out of her system? This story has a lot of holes.

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
2 * good idea but very poorly executed

These "its all a big misunderstanding" type stories require the explanation to be somewhat believable and follow some sort of logic but this story was totally lacking in any of that.

No one is just going to willing let someone else, repeatedly have sex in their bed as the ick factor is just to much for any normal person. You would have to be a gigantic scumbag for this not to bother you. Wifey admits after seeing hubbys car in the driveway the shit's just hit the fan but is then baffled by the trashed bedroom and him leaving her. How fucking stupid is this woman that it takes months for her and her sister to figure out what happened?

His kids never asking him WTF happened to cause him to destroy the bedroom and leave their mother when he rang them? 3 kids just telling him to fuck off without any of them asking why is just not plausible. Him making no reference to his wife's cheating not getting mentioned either would just not happen either. The kids must have single digit IQ's to not make a connection that a wrecked bedroom and burnt bed = cheating not midlife crisis.

The year later meeting was just pure bullshit for so many reasons. Why didn't hubby get a lawyer and push for an earlier resolution to the divorce? No one would accept such dire living conditions for such ungrateful kids who want nothing to do with you and a wife you believe has cheated and you want to get away from. The wife could of told his friends what happened or tried to get word to him some way. An innocent woman would not act in any way like the wife in this story did if she was trying to get her husband back.

The RACC ending was utter bullshit as no apology or much needed explanation for letting workmates fuck in the marital bed and allowing their kids to believe it was all hubbys fault were given. Reconciliation tales require some remorse shown by the offending party but there was none of that shown here. The entire reason the misunderstanding took place not being explained is just piss poor story telling. I agree with the poster who said the ending felt like the author just got bored with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You'll get there

You have good ideas (maybe not a great one here). As you progess, plots will tighten up and become more believable. There's no doubt of your talent - you just need to further hone those skills. ****

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
Well presented

good story and well written. I ENJOYED IT!

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 9 years ago
Ouch

You tortured that poor plot to fit the final twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This story deserves 5 stars. Its not the greatest story, but this story deserves 5 stars, next to all the other pathetic stories that I have with no plot. I have been ripped off on giving story plots to erotica authors on her stating that they would give any reader a comment back to them if they were giving a story. I was not only ripped off on a story idea, I never heard nothing back, either! This same woman had incest with her son, and showed her nude pic. Well, so then I commented back to the readers, I was being truthfull, I wasnt going to state that she was a prettiest woman alive, and I stated what publicly on here of my thoughts on her incest. Here is a good idea for a story. A woman is in court divorcing on the grounds of cruel treatment, by her husband being gay,. but her husband said that her grounds were not true. That she wasnt telling the court the truth of the fact that she initially encouraged the sex, and enjoyed fucking both of them. She didnt deny his version, but she said that she wanted a divorce because her kids came home crying, that the neighborhood kids were telling that she was fucking them both. She didnt prove her grounds, and initially instigated the fucking, so if she could fuck, her husband could, too.Andwas denied a divorce. Years ago a judge could deny a divorce if grounds werent proven. It wouldnt bother me, if my neighbors gossiped approved of me, of my wife bringing another woman to me to be fucked. So why should it bother her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 star

Entertaining whodunnit

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bollocks!

The whole lot! Bloody Bollocks! Nice twist. Ruddy, bleeding story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
first time comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this story and I liked the side comments that gave it a sort of authenticity together with set up and accurate description of his job details. Great, I will now read the rest of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

lol damn.. that nigga got problems

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 9 years ago
Shades of Denham Forest!

Very nice story about very stubborn people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What is wrong with the Brittish?

You're all wimps.

But here's something; why was the wife letting a co-worker and boss use her bedroom in her house for their affair?

That wasn't explained, had the wife NOT of opened her bedroom to be used by co-worker adulterers, then NONE of the mess would have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
spencerfiction... there's only one word... MORON

your a fucking moron. Seriously, you spent the time writing this utter garbage? None of it makes ANY sense... it is just complete contrived crap to back-up a bad author's poorly thought out plot. If you're going to post, at least put some time and effort into your story. Re-read it and ask yourself if you believe anyone would do any of what you wrote about. If not, THEN DON'T FUCKING POST IT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The story was good, enjoyable,

Why was the wife the party to someone's else adultry. I would have lost it if I knew. Now we have a reconciliation .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved your story

I find it hard to believe anyone didn't enjoy this well-crafted tale. I don't know what kind of sheltered lives the haters have been leading, but I've seen a lot of strange shit in my lifetime, and this story is very believable. I encourage you to keep on writing. I read stories here for the sex. There was none to speak of in this intriguing tale, but it was so good despite the lack of sexual play that I had to rate it as 5-stars.

JusttooldJusttooldover 9 years ago
good

Just love the way you Brits can spin a tale and come up with the unusual. keep the stories coming.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
wtf is with all the 5 stars

this was total bullshit. first his wife lets her boss have an affair with a married coworker in his bed. then when he gets angry she files for separation.then she rapes him financially leaving him with nothing. then she lies to their children causing them to cut him off. then she waits a whole year with him twisting in the wind while she does who knows what. then she finally tells everyone the truth and he is bending over backward apologizing to her. what a total fucking loser. he shouldve told his wife and kids to go fuck themselves.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
What HDK Said

Also, I don't believe the wife's story. I think it was her in the shower.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I have a question about the financial terms imposed during the separation

Based on her income, and her position with her firm, vs. his lower initial wages, and losing his job. Why was his monthly contribution such a high amount? And why would he just accept it as fact and not petition for adjustment? Till the daughter gets her masters? No car, no cell, no savings, no life, but he hides and sulks in the dark saying woe is me waiting for her to file for divorce. Especially when you consider his perception of her cheating/betrayal, and the total rejection by the children.

I am not current on divorce settlement protocol in the U.K., but in some instances in the U.S. he might have been awarded spousal support.

I agree with the many comments about her enabling the cheaters, in the master bedroom, and the whole long list of issues.

But mostly I can't see not once dealing with the devastation of his finances.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 9 years ago
Implausible but well written...

I enjoyed reading the story even though I agree there are at least three implausible things within the story lines. First the wife, sister, and kids had the whole story within two weeks but the wife chose to file for separation. Second, the wife had access all along to her husband's whereabouts. As he continued to pay her week after week the court ordered amount, his loving family conveniently refused to research where his payments are coming from. This would have let them find him quickly him and clear all this up. Third, the wife gets turned on by allowing, or better yet inviting and supporting, other adulterers to fuck in their marital bed in a way that turns her on so much, she pictures herself banging hubby all weekend long on top of the other couples' wet spots. I look forward to the real story coming out. CLUE ending: It was the wife, in the bathroom, with the evidence being washed from her body.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Well let's see.

HDK's points were good. Then the idea that Pat let her colleague use their house for her tryst was an obvious mistake, that the whole end of tale explanation might have been contrived did get in the way, and alas we all want the happy ending though we know they prevent believability.

I was out this evening with my wife with friends and we discovered another couple had split after maybe twenty-five years. They'd raised their kids, and then the wife had found someone else and had moved on leaving her husband high and dry. They both still live nearby, they certainly see each other, what a sad state of circumstances. It's a sad tale; there will be no reconciliation and no happy ending.

Too bad isn't it? You want reconciliation, you know it can't happen, but you contrive one anyway. You'll be damned if you do; you'll be damned if you don't.

This wasn't your first story. I'll read some more. The way I see it we can't have what we want, but having what you gave us is better by far than leaving our protagonist alone, poor, and desolate. And again, he wasn't some happy cuckold eager to watch his wife with another man or eager to slobber up another man's sperm from his wife's used vagina.

Keep writing. Stay away from the semen slurper stuff, and you'll always get a five from me. I did enjoy it.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Let me add...

You got comments from some pretty stable people; that's a testament to the story. I wished Karen E. had read it and left something; she's always thoughtful.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
ANOTHER dumb fuck idiot british writer

same old awful boring plot. Loser shmuck husband marries up and gets treated like shit. Then guess what? It was alll just a misunderstanding

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Unlikely

I agree with those who doubted the good wife; the old boy was played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Must be a British thing.

So,lets get this story straight. 1) The wife(Pat) and the "Real" adulteress drive the same car. 2) His wife admits to him that she let's her married boss bang his "side" trim,not only in Hubby's house....but in the bed he sleeps in every night.Very convenient,all that. It might just be me,but I call Bullshit! So....at the very least,his wife not only condones adultery,but actively takes a hand in supporting it. English guys must love being Cuckolds if that shitty explanation is enough of a reason to call a halt to Hubby's legal proceedings,and renew their old relationship...with NO proof....other than matching stories from the people involved in this fiasco..stories they've had a year to sync up. -BGunns

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
A good read

I enjoyed this one a lot, not because of any sophisticated plot or writing, but mainly for its fairly basic humour, something you Brits handle far better than the Yank writers.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What type of woman...

Loans out her marital bed for her boss & co-worker to have an affair on??? That's just sick. Or, is it a normal Brit thing to allow other couples to use your bed? story sort of unravels there.

Also, Bodily fluids tend to soak in deeper than sheets; or, did they use plastic mattress covers?

And, then her boss spent the weekend in a motel anyway???

I think you lost a lot of readers with that line of BS.

But, I gave it a 4; it made me laugh.

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 9 years ago
Something's Not Right

I have to agree with Anonymous regarding the wife supporting the adultery in their house and bed. I am also surprised that the husband didn't say anything about it, and just accepted his wife's story and subsequently got back together with her.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
A delightful tale!

I had a lot of fun reading this one. The scene of the bust up bedroom was spellbinding! Keep up the good work. *****

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
He deserves prison for being a complete fuckwad.

Why anyone would want him is a mystery to me. He is a violent sociopath with no regard for anyone else but himself. He destroyed the house, an acquaintances Porsche and terrorized a woman he believed to be his wife. He did all of this without regret or remorse and cast off his entire family simply because they refused to behave in the same irrational manner as himself.

He needs psychological help.

JackallsJackallsover 9 years ago
Nice

Nice story although not a very original theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
i liked some of it

Not 5 stars worth though . Like others have said .The loaning out the house and bed was just too much . I would divorce my wife for that one alone . That is if i had one . Sent her ass packing years ago .

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Well, okay, I guess...

... Liked the way you sort of whitewashed the reconciliation but you left a lot of unanswered questions about Pat's character or lack thereof. First and foremost, why would she not only sanction but actually facilitate an affair between two co-workers? Seems to me that since she wasn't particularly bothered by that fact, she would probably not have much problem carrying on an affair, herself, if the right opportunity came along. I'm just saying.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
DIFFERENT!

You have your usual anon naysayers, but you have a very good score for a LW submission. Just checked your Bio and see you are no stranger to Lit., even if is this is the first story I've read.

Once again, I really liked it, however, since I hope people who comment on my stories will make suggestions that would help me write better, I'm going to practice what I preach; do what you will with the following, it's surely worth exactly what it cost you.

#1 It's awfully hard to hold my attention for five pages of erotica. While many have done it and had me hanging to every word, this story didn't. I found myself skimming over paragraphs of color searching for the meat, and yes, I do realize the need for background and color to develop the characters. I think it could be improved by writing a little tighter.

#2 This one is petty and might be a result of our two great nations being separated by a common language, but still it pulled me out of the story for just an instant. You had him working the 4pm to 1am, or something like that, graveyard shift. Over here that is the "swing shift" while 12 to 8am is the "graveyard shift." As I say it's a very little thing, but it's sort of like the time I put a 350 cu inch engine in a chevy three years before GM started doing it. I REPEAT---YOU DID A VERY GOOD JOB!

ken philipsken philipsover 9 years ago
I am with Whack Doodle

Just did not work for me. Why would she have such an irrational violent fool back??? A little bit of calm communication on the initial night and....

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Ugh, Lame RAAC

Various comments -

“Flat-chested”?

Cup size isn’t given, but small-breasted handfuls isn’t exactly the same as flat-chested.

“I guess if I am honest the majority of the consequential events are pretty well down to my actions at the time.”

If your actions are in REaction to some wrong done to you, then you aren’t really to blame.

Far too much time wasted on their dating history.

Um, if it wasn’t Pat, why was nothing said a year ago? Her excuse is lame – if it was all a misunderstanding and she “loved” him SO much, why did she destroy him so totally, both financially and in his relationship with his children?

And as I said in my earlier comment, how can you trust someone who enables cheaters?

Why in the hell is he apologizing? Couldn’t Pat put 2 and 2 together and see what he saw? She had NO reason to think that he acted without presumed cause.

KNOWING that he planned a romantic evening, how could they believe that he had any unprovoked evil intent?

And the separation was just to get him to talk? Well, I’m unsure of the timing, but what about when he tried to talk to the kids? And didn’t he have to go to court for the separation? There MUST have been SOME sort of contact to resolve all the legal issues!

Just not buying the reconcilement. She had to be brain-dead to not realize that he thought she was cheating on him, and THAT'S why he did what he did, and could have EASILY straightened things out long before things got further out of hand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too many holes.....

....too much introduction......and not original or even very interesting.

And suddenly all is well? C'mon, bodger! Make a story that works.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
This was okay,

but I skipped the past 30 years part. It also took me a bit of time to become accustomed to their conversation while he made the two sets of copies she obviously did not need. I believe both of them first talked about the copy job then their past. Then it was the other person's turn to do the same. I was pleased they got back together, but it was told, at least in several places, where too many coincidences were the only things keeping the story together.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 9 years ago
Pretty much the same.

I have to ask why everyone has to go on and on with back story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay story but some questions persist

After going crazy and walking away he does nothing when she supposedly freezes their assets? Why didn't he get an attorney. There is no way she could have filed for a legal separation, frozen the assets and had him maintain the house at that time. Unless things are different in your "storyland", he wouldn't have been legally responsible for the kids college education. And had he gotten an attorney he would have been advised of his rights and gotten money released. How did she have money to hire an attorney and file? And how did she find him to serve him separation papers? She doesn't know until much later - after hiring a PI, where he is. Why didn't he go back or take all of his clothes in the first place? Why would he agree to dinner with the sister? It was an obvious trap and he saw that from the start. And what man his age doesn't have a credit card that he could have paid for dinner with and then left before Sis returned? Even at the end he walks away. Why? That seemed like an odd reaction considering the way you ended the story in the epilogue. And why would she want such a crazy, violent man back anyway? Just get divorced, split the assets 50/50 and move on. This could have been a very good story, but given all the holes it ended up being just okay. Thanks for the effort.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 9 years ago
I liked it!

I thougt that the writing, flow, and lot were well done. I also enjoyed the story and the way Nigel handled the situation in general. But there were sme things that didn;t ring true and bothered me.

One was the amount of time it took Pat to try talking to him about what happened as well as the way the kids reacted. Unless they thought he was a violent and dangerous person, why not talk to him about WHY he tore the place up?

The bigger issue for me was that Pat allowed her home to be used that way. That really seems to suggest some things about her view on marriage vows. She had no problem aiding and abbetting the cheats. Not what I would want to discover about my wife.

textosteronetextosteroneover 9 years ago
She doesn't cheat but she helps others cheat???

So she allows others to cheat in her bed. Yuck! Disgusting!

I don't care about the legal holes others have pointed out. Her actions were still those of a deceit.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

simple fun. Thanks for the offering. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Must have missed the apology...

...for allowing her colleagues to use their home (and marital bed - ick!) for a duck-nest, for destroying his relationship with his kids (are we sure about this?), forcing him into poverty for a year? Where's the apology from the kids? And he goes back?

gdjohn52gdjohn52over 9 years ago

A very well written story and entertaining, After reading some comments, Some of these people are pretty high on themselves, After all its a fucking story. Well done Spencer

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Whackdoodle

I am ashamed to share a " doodle " with you. You obviously have never discovered a spouse that you dearly loved cheating on you if you think his actions were crazy or violent. When I caught my first wife and her lover, I came within the thickness of a knife blade of cutting both their throats from ear to ear. I had never manhandled her or even raised my voice to her in any way. When you are destroyed in this fashion; you are not responsible for your actions. The only reason I walked away without destruction was to prevent my 3 young children from having one parent dead and one in prison for life. Instead I took full custody of the children and raised them to never cheat or condone cheating. In this story everything is on the moraly bankrupt wife's head and she is fortunate to be alive. Adultery can be a dangerous pastime and promoting it in your life in any way is diseased. ---Hoppydoodle

spankfunforspankfunforover 9 years ago
Apologies NOT in her Vocabulary!

She lets Him Stew for a Year, files for separation and Divorce, Lies to Their Children to cover her tracks for letting cheaters use Their Marriage Bed and gets the whole Family involved to make it All go away! She Fucks up Royally, gets Mad at His Destruction, Alienates Their Children and not ONE Apology! Calculating Bitch!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
I'm a fan

Entertaining numerous story with excellent character development. Yes there is necessary suspension of belief, but that is the essence of 95% of all stories, and this was in the normal range.

I was amused at anon' s complaint of the dumb husband. The great majority of the LW stories, the wife is simple minded. It just male readers many the male to be the pure, simple nice guy, and are upset when he's not.

Chilley

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago

To me it is a disquieting story that for some reason made me uncomfortable.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 9 years ago
Disappointing Ending

Let me get this straight - wife Pat allows a couple of cheaters to use their bed while he is at work while she hangs out with her girlfriends. Pat never let her husband know about this arrangement because? So when he could home early he would find them fucking in his bed? He gets upset by drawing reasonable conclusions and leaves after Pat just walk up to him not explaining anything or trying to correct what any husband would think finding evidence that two people had been fucking in his bedroom. What gets me is after she got the separation, he fails to show as expected, he loses his job none of his family tries to reach him for a year. Even allowing for the court action and other pieces to tell his side to this mess to take 3 months Pat failed to act for a year. Basically, the whole family had continued on as if he had died except for one e-mail inviting him to his kid's graduation that he was paying the bills to make happen. Meanwhile, he was barely getting by financially thanks to her legal action, had lost his better paying job and lived in a dangerous hovel. This is a loving family?

deadseyedeadseyeover 9 years ago
GET A 1

YOU READ BRITISH = WEAK MALE CHARACTERS = RACC BECAUSE YOU CANT WRITE ABOUT MORAL SELF RESPECT.

ALL IS FORGIVEN LALALA UK THE LAND WHERE MEN HAVE NO BALLS. BET YOU WENT TO A PRVATE SCHOOL, ONLY PLACE WHERE EDUCATION MEANS PUSSY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm sorry I wasted my time reading this.

This story makes no sense at all. The excuses where rather feeble. Nobody in their right mind acts as stupid as these two. Sorry I wasted my time reading such a unbelievable tale.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
let's see...

She hangs with a wild crowd. (you are judged by the company that you keep, birds of a feather etc.)

She helps others cheat which means that she sees nothing wrong with cheating.

She turns his children against him.

She financially ruins him.

Now she wants him back?

And he's thinking of it?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
terrible ending

the author should rewrite the ending, she never apologized for the deceit, neither did the kids.

the Husband stands on morale ground, maybe he should let his friends have an orgy at the house without telling the wife or use it as a drug den why tell wife she is at work, or maybe rent it out to whores so they can take there johns there good economic sense. oh yeah don't tell wife why? BECAUSE she is the wife common courtesy, respect. Maybe he was right she had no respect for his position as the husband a partner.

Tux_No_TieTux_No_Tieabout 9 years ago
Applause Applause Applause !

I do admit, it took me awhile to crawl through the beginning. Yes I skipped much of the family and shop history.

I was in Nigel's camp from the "anniversary diner".

Allow this yank to plagiarize with a Brit word.... Bloody good ole chap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
sorry the woman is a cheater, and a liar, her actions show it

she talked down her old boss but allowed him to use her home to regularly fuck a fellow employee that was married. By her actions, she approved of the cheating and actually enabled it. Her sister by providing cover for those actions, also approved the cheating and was involved in a conspiracy regarding it. She intentionally lied to her children and turned them against him and let that go on for a year. Showing no love or respect for her husband. He is right, he should have DNA testing done of his children. She closed his accounts and basically forced him to live in the poor house. And she knew it because of the PI finding him. This woman is basically scum and he needs to be rid of her. She has betrayed him, lied to him, deprived him of funds, totally disrespected him and their marriage by turning their home into a brothel. And wow he just accepts their spoken word for all of the actions. Damn no RAAC, sue the woman for fraud, and finish the divorce. He was right he should have stayed away from that family of defective genetics. I rated the story as a three for forcing the husband to go back to such a deceitful woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Don't believe a word of it

Jeeze, took them all this time to make up a story to cover up her cheating! I wouldn't trust any of them....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I agree with the others

She was cheating and needed a coverup story. Dump the bitch.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
really?

For an innocent woman who claims that she loves him she sure was willing to let him suffer for her "mistakes".

Letting other people have sex on her (and her husband's) bed?

EWW!!!

Women are generally too fastidious to do that.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 8 years ago
5* Really Fun Story and Twist

I really enjoyed the story and characters. I thought you developed them well and provided good background. There were some misspellings and grammar errors throughout, but it wasn’t difficult following the story and dialogue. I really liked the twist with the affair. It was surprising, though a bit unbelievable. None the less, it added a nice bit of intrigue and really changed the dynamic.

Thanks for the fun read! Please keep writing!

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
5 Stars

I have read this very good story three times it ending with Nigel and Pat on the road to reconciliation. I agree with a previous commentator that it could have been Pat in the shower and the explanation of events is a concoction between Pat and Evie, the children and others would simply believe what their mother told them . If her story is true it means she was aiding an illicit affair by secretly allowing her and her husbands bed to be used by the lovers. She does not come out of this as an honest and chaste woman. I would really like Spencerfiction to use his talent for another chapter, you can do it Spencer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

fucking plot-holes-filled idiocy. totally not believable. brit wimps suck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Souinds fishy.

I read the comments: They say it. Nigel is a pussy and he bought it. I too grew up relatively poor but was a lot smarter than Nigel. Nigel ain't too smart. And yea, there are some gaps and loose ends. I prefer violence and murder, but like I said Nigel is a pussy.

Having said all that, I read it and enjoyed. I finished it, when I don't like them, I usually don't finish them when they get too stupid. I'm American, not English, but I enjoy the English language and wit, although you folks are a bit different. I figured what the heck, 5 stars.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 8 years ago
***

Writing itself pretty good.

The plot was okay. The holes in it kind of killed what was a decent tale.

"It was Janet..." and he just automatically believes her after all the crap she dumped on him?

Yeah, right.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
but would she?

Would an innocent wife go scorched earth on her innocent but confused husband?

Or would a manipulative cheater do this to get her husband firmly under her thumb?

Why did it take so long until she made contact?

Did she need that long to get an alibi?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
good story

but yeah i think pat was "at it" for years and set out to destroy nigel (hence the time lapsed). only deciding to backtrack when she finally realised she'l get shafted in a divorce, prefering to instead keep him unknowingly humiliated and cuckolded as an amusement for her many lovers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not the right ending ....

I always like stories that include a runaway spouse, especially when someone tries to start a new life and remain in some secret site, or when someone moves around every few months in order to remain "hidden." However, this story seemed to be going down that familiar path when the plot fell apart. I, for one, would be furious and greatly unforgiving if my wife "loaned out" our bedroom for other people to have their trysts. This just seems to be unbelievable, something people just don't do, and far too risky, as described in the story. In addition, I was constantly waiting for the "other shoe to drop," to discover that the wife had been involved in cheating herself, and dreamed up this incredible story as a smoke screen. As others have said, there were too many "holes" in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
loaning out the bedroom for her friend?

I can't buy that. And he couldn't tell that Janet screaming in the bathroom wasn't his wife? But otherwise fairly well written and interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
funny

Enjoy a bit of mirth

Try your hand with true story as reference.

Serial cheating wife near Helena Montana. Details on Facebook profileof dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Also available on request cheater's biography-sexual as she told it to one of her lovers. That info cost her teaching position at 2 year college in Helena. See she was writing instructor-wanted student to journalize the affair which began when after 6 months her gave into her sexual demands after she threatenef him

payenbrantpayenbrantover 7 years ago
I liked it.

Problem is, it is not wise to carry on a relationship with a woman who allows a friend to use her home and bed for an affair. That she coukd do that...? Might be good to stay single

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
load of boring crap

pretty unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Strange.

How so many of the people who comment on this story know it better then the author and claim the wife cheated when the actual author claimed she did not.

The moronic btb trolls are so fucking stupid and filled with hate that they have to insert their demented bullshit into every story they read.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 7 years ago
did or didn't, not the real problem

Here's the real issue:

If she was okay with other wives doing it she probably wouldn't think twice about doing it herself.

Whether she was the one cheating or only enabling another married woman to cheat is less important than that she sees nothing wrong with it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...