Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"After seeing how you manhandled poor Sybil, I'm glad I made the break," teased Stephanie.

"Is she married, or engaged, or anything?" asked Tyler quickly.

"You finally get your hands on a girl and you immediately want to marry her?" joked Jordan. "Seriously, she's very single, and available if the right guy comes along."

"That pretty much leaves Tyler out," laughed Lisa. "We're far too fond of Sybil to let her get tangled up with a guy like him. I remember that you were almost as big a perv as Billy."

"Yeah, it sure didn't take you long to take advantage of Sybil. The poor girl was suffering and all you could think about was getting a handful of boob," joined in Jared.

"He was a perfect gentleman!" insisted a fully dressed Sybil from the doorway. "I can't let you team up on the guy when all he was doing was helping me. I thought he was a friend of yours!"

"Sybil, you've been around us enough to know that we like to tease and joke with each other," responded Gwen from behind Sybil. "He is our friend. Do you think he'd still be in one piece if Steve and Jared really thought he was taking advantage of you? Believe me; he'd be in a world of hurt by now.

"Tyler, would you help Sybil into that recliner, and then get a nonalcoholic drink for her? She's on medication for her injury," added Gwen.

"You were just teasing Tyler about taking advantage of me? You didn't think he had 'manhandled' me as Stephanie put it?" asked a contrite Sybil.

"Make no mistake, you were manhandled," laughed Jordan. "But the key is that you didn't seem to mind it, so none of us were upset. Tyler's one of the good guys, or at least he used to be. We haven't seen much of him since high school, but I doubt he's changed very much. He dated Stephanie for a few months before he went away to college and they're still friends. He was recently dumped by a girlfriend, so he's vulnerable, and available."

"I have to hand it to you, Jordan," cracked Naomi. "You covered all of the important stuff in a few concise sentences."

The friends spent the evening getting reacquainted with Tyler and sharing memories of the 'glory days'. It was evident by the end of the visit that Tyler and Sybil were getting along very well.

Gwen quickly abandoned her reminiscing and returned to the task at hand. "Tyler, all the owners are going to be extremely busy in Washington. I'll be taking advantage of Charlie and Jordan's talents quite often and I have major plans for Kate, Lisa, and Steve. That means that you'll have more decisions regarding Lady in Red Productions left solely on your shoulders. We'll help when we can, but we're confident that you'll be able to pick up any slack created by our new careers.

"Sybil, you'll need to coordinate with the Secret Service people regarding security here at Asgard. We trust you completely and have no doubt you'll be up to the task of keeping us safe."

"Madam President, I am speaking for both Tyler and myself when I tell you that we are greatly honored by your faith in us and we will do our jobs to the very best of our abilities. We'll make you proud," promised Sybil earnestly.

"You always have. I don't expect that to change," smiled Gwen before moving on.

"Ashley, as you already know, I want you to serve as my press secretary. Sometimes, it's a thankless and difficult position, but it's one you're well versed in and qualified for. Never lie to the press, or to our constituents. That rule goes for every single person in my administration. We do not lie. If the truth is a problem for some reason, say nothing. Do not lie to protect me, protect my image, or for any other reason. Everyone in this room understands my feelings on this, I'm certain."

Gwen then turned to Lisa. "I'm asking you to be my Chief of Staff. I need someone that I can absolutely trust to advise me, and to tell me when I'm wrong. That would be you, Lisa, if you'll take the job."

Lisa's eyes were very moist as she looked at her sister. "It will be an honor to serve in your administration. I'll always do my best and help you any way that I can. Your faith and confidence overwhelm me. Thanks, Sis!"

"Jason, if you're willing, I want to place you in charge of FEMA. That agency has been floundering far too long. You did an incredible job for Lady in Red's disaster response. I want you to use that experience and knowledge to forge FEMA into the rapid response and rescue agency it was intended to be."

"Madam President, I will gladly undertake that task, and may I express my appreciation that you would consider me. I will not let you down," replied Jason with emotion.

"Jeff Wilson, I'm going to nominate you to be the Secretary of Veterans Affairs. I don't have to tell you how poorly that agency has been performing for as long as any of us can remember. Use your service experience and your success in business to make the Veterans Administration into what it was meant to be," urged Gwen.

"Madam President, I will not fail you! Thank you for the confidence," croaked an obviously emotional Jeff Wilson.

"Madam President," interrupted Lisa with some trepidation. "Some of these appointments will need approval from the senate. I don't want to be negative, but Jeff isn't a member of the 'good old boys club'. The senate will also have to confirm Jason's appointment. He isn't exactly a household name in D.C. either."

"Thanks for pointing that out, Lisa. I understand how it's supposed to work. Let me say this. I'll do everything in my power to get my appointments through the confirmation process. I'll vacate these positions by executive order if need be, although I fully expect the people currently in these offices to submit resignations when I ask for them. That includes our bumbling Secretary of State," added Gwen.

"Which segues us into my next appointment. Naomi, I want you to be my Secretary of State. I know you have the two boys that keep you very busy, but I would very much appreciate it if you'd consider the position."

"If you feel I'm qualified and if it'll help you straighten out the mess we're in, I'll be honored. I know you'll have a fight on your hands getting me approved by the senate, but if you're willing to fight for me, I'll support you every step of the way. This is an honor I never expected.

"Jared and I knew you wanted me to be prepared to travel with Steve. My bags are packed and they're in the big closet in Valhalla right now. We agreed that I would serve any way possible, but we both assumed that Steve would be your Secretary of State.

"Jared's working through an injury right now, but he hopes to play football a couple more years. He can make sure the boys are well cared for when I'm traveling. The child care system Lady in Red has in place pretty much frees up all of us to pursue our careers."

"My plans for Steve go beyond any single position in government," revealed Gwen. "He'll be my go-to guy for a host of different and difficult issues. I realize that since he'll have no official position, members of congress will question his ability, his credentials, or his right to represent me. However, there are no laws that prevent me from asking for assistance from citizens, and I'll be asking a great deal from Steve. You can be certain of that.

"That brings me to the last appointment I'll make this afternoon," continued Gwen. "Kate, I would very much appreciate it if you would agree to serve as my Attorney General. I'm going to see that the current AG, Atkins, is gone from that position before the end of the day. Your name will be submitted to the Senate by this time tomorrow. President Kennedy appointed his brother, Robert, to the same position, so there's precedent for this. Will you take the job?"

"Sis, I mean Madam President, it would be a great honor to serve in your administration. I would remind you, however, that I'm not quite thirty three years old and there will be those that feel I'm too young to handle the job. I'll do my best to prove them wrong!"

"Bobbie Kennedy was only thirty seven when he became Attorney General, but there's another issue I want to bring up this afternoon," continued Gwen. "I recently turned thirty five. Steve is only a few weeks older than I. Naomi is our age and Jason's not yet forty. Jeff Wilson will be the old guy in my cabinet at sixty three, and he'll be a member of the same cabinet as his daughter, if we manage to get these appointments approved.

"I'd like some opinions on how we should proceed. By that, I mean are we suddenly going to change the way we've done business for the past fifteen years? Do Steve and I stop performing totally? Does Naomi give up her film career? How about Lisa and Kate? Do we become more like the traditional administrations of the past?"

"My personal feeling is that we continue on as we have been, as time permits," opined Lisa. "You didn't become president in spite of your acting, charitable actions, or love for your family. Those are the very things that caused your rise to the top. You need to be yourself, which will probably scandalize the old guard in D.C."

"I agree with Lisa," offered Steve, who had remained silent up to that point. "You weren't elected. You didn't make any promises, or make any deals, except for your promise not to run for the office. You've reached the presidency because you're different than the politicians that infest Washington. Your honesty and sincerity is why you're now our president. Don't change a thing!"

"Anyone else care to weigh in on this?" asked Gwen as she looked around the room. "I agree with Lisa and Steve. I'm not going to change and try to be more 'presidential', whatever that might mean. We'll do our best and let the chips fall. I thank all of you for your unwavering support of Steve and me, as well as your support for each other. My greatest strengths are sitting in this very room. I'm the president because I'm privileged to have such a giving and intelligent circle of friends and family.

"Naomi mentioned that she's already packed her bags. Steve is also prepared to leave immediately. My first act as President of the United States is to send Naomi and Steve to meet with leaders of Russia, China, Britain, France, Germany, and North Korea in an attempt to find a solution to the current crisis. I feel that President Crawford handled the entire situation poorly. Consequently, we're in a very precarious position at this time. I've tasked Steve and Naomi to find a path to peace. That's no easy request, but I'm confident that if anyone can manage it, they can.

"I've scheduled a news conference for this evening, a few hours after Steve and Naomi depart. I'll give a brief statement on how much we'll miss President Crawford and what a great guy he was. Then I'll get down to brass tacks and reveal what I've asked of Naomi and Steve. I expect some difficult questions. In an hour, I want to meet with Lisa, Kate, Mom, Dad, Jeff, Julia, and Grandfather Patterson to go over what my responses should be. That'll give me time to say goodbye to Steve," grinned Gwen.

"Madam President! We all know what saying goodbye will entail. You're already diverging radically from the standard farewell handshake," quipped Kate. "What sort of example will you be setting for the rest of us?"

"I would hope a very good one. My administration will expect all spouses to be supportive in any way possible," grinned Gwen. "Please remember this meeting is being videoed for history.

"I want each of you to create a list of names of people you feel would work well in my administration. We'll meet again tomorrow at this time to discuss them. The vice presidency is probably the most pressing, so be sure to give that some serious thought."

It was exactly eight PM that evening when Gwen stepped up to the podium at Valhalla. The room was filled to capacity with reporters and cameramen.

"I will make a brief statement. Then I'll entertain questions," stated Gwen as the first news conference of her presidency began.

"Steve and I offer our condolences to the family and friends of President Crawford. We were saddened to learn of his death. He loved his country and always served it to the best of his ability. He will be greatly missed.

"In light of the tenuous situation with Russia, China, and North Korea, I've asked my husband, Steve, along with my nominee for Secretary of State, Naomi Wilson-White, to enter into discussions with leaders of these nations in hopes of finding a peaceful solution. They have already departed for England. They will be stopping in London to meet with Prime Minister Blake before continuing on to Paris, Berlin, Moscow, Beijing, and Pyongyang.

"I've requested the resignation of numerous cabinet members and staff. Frankly, I have no confidence in them and feel compelled to replace them. As I've already mentioned, I'll nominate Naomi Wilson-White for the position of Secretary of State, my sister, Kate Martin, as the next Attorney General, Jason Hunter to head up FEMA, and Jeff Wilson as Secretary of Veterans Affairs. I'm not going to cite their qualifications at this time. Suffice it to say that they have my complete trust and confidence. I'll expect quick approval from the senate.

"I have asked my sister, Lisa Hunter, to serve as my Chief of Staff. I thank her for accepting that role. I will rely on her heavily. Finally, it is no secret that I lean on my husband for support, assistance, and solutions. I will continue to do so. I know of no person more capable, more dedicated to family and country, or better able to find a way to avoid war in these difficult times. I will take advantage of his knowledge and skill as much as possible. Now I will entertain questions," concluded Gwen as she pointed to Amber Stahl in the front row.

"Thank you, Madam President. There are so many questions I would like to ask! Do you feel that war can be averted? Have things gone too far to find a peaceful solution?"

"Maybe I'm an optimist, but I believe that we can wage peace and be successful. I have absolute confidence in Steve and Naomi. I expect them to find a way back from the brink of war."

"Madam President, aren't you placing a great deal of faith in a football player?" asked a reporter from a cable news network.

"A football player?" repeated Gwen. "Try a two time league MVP, a three time Super Bowl champion, and two time MVP of the Super Bowl. He led Navy to the National Championship in his senior year."

"Okay, he was a very good football player," agreed the reporter before pressing on. "Even if he excels at a sport, should you place the fate of the nation in his hands? Doesn't this situation require more experience?"

"This situation is extremely serious. It demands that I select the very best people available. That, in my opinion, is exactly what I have done. I think the people of this great nation are feeling hope for the first time in a very long time. The inspiration for that hope is flying across the Atlantic at this moment. I absolutely stand by my decision to send Steve and Naomi on this difficult mission."

"After serving as vice president for only ten days, do you feel qualified to serve as President of the United States?" asked a tall woman in the third row.

"I asked Steve that question immediately after taking the oath of office. He told me that no one was more qualified and that he would do anything I asked of him to help me. I can honestly say that I've never had reason to doubt Steve's assessment of a situation. That would indicate that the answer to your question is a simple 'yes'. I am qualified to lead the United States."

"Will you seek the presidency when your term is up?" asked another reporter.

"I never have, and I never will run for any political office, at any time" replied Gwen emphatically.

"Will you continue to wear red now that you're president?" asked a reporter in the back of the room. "Wouldn't that seem like you're promoting your company while serving as president?"

"I was the 'Lady in Red' long before I held any office. I see no reason to change my wardrobe. As I have stated in the past, brave men and women have fought and died to support my right to dress as I please. To feel forced to stop taking advantage of the freedoms that so many fought so hard to achieve and defend would be disrespectful. I honor those who now serve, and have served in the past, by exercising my rights."

"Was it wise to change horses in midstream, so to speak?" questioned a network reporter. "Secretary Carlton is familiar with every aspect of the situation and the negotiations that have transpired thus far."

"That is precisely why I am nominating Naomi to replace him," responded Gwen calmly. "I believe that the United States needs to demonstrate how determined we are to resolve this situation. Sending the same people to repeat the same stagnant position won't further our cause. We badly need fresh insight and ideas if we're to avert war."

"You honestly believe that sending your husband and best friend to negotiate for the United States is in the best interest of this country?" pressed the reporter. "Doesn't this situation call for considerable experience and total understanding of the events the led up to this impasse?"

"I cannot state this more clearly," responded Gwen. "Naomi and Steve are two of the most capable people I know. No one understands the background, the nuances, or the seriousness of the situation better than those two. This issue demands the very best America has, and it is my absolute belief that I have selected exactly that.

"My husband is often referred to as 'The Warrior', and for good reason. If it comes to war, he'll be one of our greatest assets. But, as a true warrior, he has experienced firsthand the suffering and pain that war creates. He's been in battle and understands that no one really wins.

"It's been said that the truth is the first casualty of war. My husband speaks the truth, even when it isn't convenient. Other nations are well aware of this. They respect it. Sometimes they fear it. Steve has proven that the truth is a far better negotiating tool than lies. He and Naomi are the people I want representing me, as well as this great nation."

"No one has addressed the elephant in the room. How will having our first woman president change the way things are done in Washington?" asked an older lady reporting for a Washington paper.

"Gender will have little to do with the changes that I'll initiate. For example, the press will be given videos of all high level meetings as soon as it is determined that doing so will not compromise national security. I expect my administration to be totally transparent and truthful. That alone will be a huge change from how things have been done in the past."

"Autographed copies of the Maxim issue you appeared in while still in high school are selling for fifteen thousand dollars a copy," began a younger reporter in the back. "Do you now regret posing provocatively for that publication?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong," countered Gwen with a bright smile. "The United States has never had a woman president that hasn't posed for that magazine. I became President of the United States just ten days after turning thirty five. Are you suggesting that I would have become president sooner if I had not appeared in that publication?"

"Of course not," responded the reporter stubbornly. "But we now have a president that has appeared in various states of undress and even nude in movies and publications. Do you feel that conduct is acceptable?"

"Yes, I do," responded Gwen immediately before pointing to another questioner.

"Even before your very highly publicized wedding, you were referred to as the Queen of Valhalla, the Queen of Asgard, and Queen of Sparta. More and more people have been bowing, genuflecting, or curtsying to you as time goes on. Does this make you uncomfortable, and do you think it should stop?"