Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Senator, it's my belief that Steve Hammer is the embodiment of what a man, a husband, and a father should be," responded Naomi. "When Gwen first made her observations about Steve, I was as surprised as anyone. But then I began thinking about her statement. Consider his history: Why is he called the Warrior? Who in Washington, or anywhere else can compare with him in any meaningful way? Gwen wasn't boasting. She's a brilliant woman. She's a very good physician. She's been with Steve for seventeen years. She's seen him do things no one else could ever do. I'd think twice before disagreeing with her."

"Did you have any firsthand knowledge that President Hammer's husband would even consider mounting some sort of raid into Iran?" asked the politician irately.

"I have to admit that I did not, nor did that possibility ever occur to me. But then I'm not Steve Hammer. I realize now that I should have considered that very scenario. What does a true warrior do when a person or a group tries to kill his family? He does whatever is necessary to protect his loved ones. If the United States hadn't taken out that terrorist cell, it still would have met an untimely end, sooner rather than later."

"Are you telling this committee that you believe that President Hammer's husband would have terminated this cell on his own if the United States hadn't? Do you also believe that Steve Hammer is some kind of deity?" demanded the incredulous Senator.

"What I'm trying to tell you is this," replied Naomi. "That terrorist cell became destined for elimination the moment it attacked the Warrior's family. I realize now that there could be no other outcome. Do I feel that Steve is a deity? That's more difficult to answer. Everything he's accomplished since high school points to one obvious conclusion. Simply put, he's incredible. I defy you to name one other person that could have possibly done what he's done over the years and survived. This country was founded on the belief that all men are created equal, and Steve truly subscribes to that belief. That said, Steve has no true equals, and that's what President Hammer was telling us."

"You're saying this with your husband sitting right behind you?" asked Senator Kelley. "Such a statement indicates that you believe Steve Hammer is a better man than your husband. That must be a bitter pill for him to swallow."

"You're trying to tangle me up with my husband?" gasped Naomi with an incredulous chuckle. "Senator, in the vernacular, that just ain't gonna happen. Jared is an alpha male, secure in his position and secure in my love for him. Jared feels the same as I do; he agrees that Gwen is accurate in her assessment. In our group, most of the men are alphas. They're extremely intelligent, powerful men, devoted spouses, and wonderful fathers, accustomed to making bold decisions and sticking to their guns. Even in such a crowd, Steve stands out. Steve's an alpha who draws other alphas to him. He's an alpha to other alphas. I don't know if this is an accepted term, but I once heard him referred to as an alpha prime.

"He and Jared are beyond friends. They're closer than brothers. They share a bond that only true alphas can experience, and their trust in each other is absolute. You won't ever hear Jared disparage Steve for any reason. There's no jealousy in our marriage, nor in our relationships with others. I might add that if Steve had deemed it necessary to take a personal trip into Iran late some night, Jared would have gone proudly by his side. My husband is the guy who once deliberately placed himself in the way of bullets intended for a high school student, Steve's girlfriend at the time, who has now become the President of the United States. None of us has ever forgotten that he saved Gwen's life, and I've only disclosed the tip of an iceberg here, so if you're attempting to sow dissention between any of President Hammer's closest friends, I suggest you give it up as a bad job."

In the face of that total response, Senator Kelley yielded the floor to Senator Williams of Arizona to take up the questioning.

"The United States knowingly violated Iran's airspace and put boots on Iran's sovereign soil. Do you see how this may be construed as an act of war, Ms. Wilson-White?"

"Senator, the administration sees Iran's support of a terrorist cell intent on killing the President of the United States as an Act of War all by itself. You can use whatever terms you want, but the fact remains that President Hammer moved to protect herself, her family, and many other innocents. She's very interested in Iran's response. That will determine her next step. There will be no apology and no equivocation. The actions of Iran were solely responsible for our measured response. The Hammer administration will allow Iran to posture and bluster, but any direct military action it takes will be met with deadly force," promised Naomi.

At the same time, Kate was facing questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee. This time it was Oregon's Senator Ridd. "Ms. Martin, I'm sure that you are aware of the rather bizarre statement your sister, President Hammer made this morning in regard to her husband. Would you care to clarify or comment on it?"

"I apologize, Senator Ridd. I did watch her news conference, but I recall no bizarre statements. I'm afraid I can't help you there."

"So you intend to support your sister, even at the risk of not receiving the endorsement of this committee?" glared the Senator.

"It really should come as no surprise to you or anyone else that I'll support my sister to the gates of hell and beyond," quipped Kate.

"So it's your position that President Hammer's husband is more than human, perhaps the son of a Greek God? You've been nominated to be the next Attorney General, and yet you hold such foolish ideas? How are we supposed to take you seriously?"

"In ancient Greece, a man such as Steve would have been considered the son of a God at the very least, whether that was his true ancestry or not," replied Kate. "I'm certain that most politicians are more concerned about this because it's true than because they think it's a ridiculous claim. I only recently left President Hammer's tour so I could take part in this hearing. For seventeen years I've seen that man do incredible, and at times, unbelievable things. Steve Hammer is far more than an average man. To deny that fact is to deny recent history."

"This attitude is not helping your chances of being approved by this committee," countered Senator Ridd. "I'd advise that you consider your words carefully."

"Senator, you appear to be advising me to deny the obvious. Instead, allow me to state what my sister Gwen is too modest to tell the press," responded Kate with passion. "Gwen is first and foremost the Queen of Peace, next the Lady in Red, and lastly the President of the United States. She told everyone that Steve is the most powerful man in the world, but she failed to mention that she's the most powerful woman on the planet, and will continue to be exactly that long after she leaves the presidency. That power comes directly from the love and support of an overwhelming majority of the citizens of the world. It's beyond anything Congress has ever seen, or that you can control, which is the part that drives you control freaks nuts. Together, the First Couple have no limits. You can defeat my nomination, but your pathetic political machinations will have no effect whatsoever on my sister and her husband, nor on what they will achieve. You have no idea what you're dealing with."

"Did you hear what Kate just told the committee?" marveled Stephanie. "She doesn't leave any room for doubt about how much she supports you, Gwen. Your sisters are your biggest supporters, although Naomi was right up there with her."

"It's very humbling, but I'm afraid they're getting even more carried away than I did when I compared Steve to the ancient Greek Gods. When I listened to Kate and Naomi try to defend me, I realize how far out I must have sounded," admitted Gwen. "I may have just ruined any chance they ever had to be approved by the Senate. On the plus side though, this is a difficult, thankless job that I really don't need and would be better off without, especially if it places Vickie and Saint in danger.

"But right now I need to concentrate on giving Berlin the best show they've ever seen. Steve and I are going to take a short nap before we have to go to the concert site. These shows are really quite tiring," admitted Gwen.

"You make sure Gwen manages some sleep," admonished Paula to Steve. "I know what she really means when she talks about taking a nap with you. Both of you have been pushing extremely hard on this trip. Please get some rest. You're going to need it. I've heard that they're expecting a huge crowd tonight at Potsdamer Platz and everyplace close."

Later that afternoon in Washington, as Kate, Naomi, Jason, and Vince Rosen were wrapping up their testimonies, Gwen and Steve were making their way onto the temporary stage. Potsdam Plaza was packed with adoring fans eager for the music to begin. Steve and Gwen spent a moment taking in the incredible sights surrounding them.

"This stage was erected where the Berlin Wall was located all those years ago," pointed out Gwen to the entire band. "This is an historic plaza in a very historic city. We need to give these fans our best, since they've been brave enough to show up after all the terrorist activity in Berlin recently."

"Personally, I think you and Steve are demonstrating some major nerve by showing up tonight," insisted Jordan. "You guys came that close to being blown up by that truck bomber. Steve still looks like hell, no offense."

A few minutes later, Gwen strode to the front of the stage to greet hundreds of thousands of adoring fans. Before the massive crowd could react to her appearance, Gwen dropped to one knee and bowed to the fans. Within seconds, every member of the huge audience was on one knee, all while cheering and applauding Gwen's homage even as they returned it. Smiling, Gwen stood and motioned for the audience to do the same. The din increased as people yelled and whistled their approval. Flashing her trademark smile, Gwen strode back to the band, grabbed Steve's hand, and pulled him to the front of the stage where he stood alongside her.

The huge screens placed around the plaza filled with the faces of America's First Couple as they waved to the crowd. Steve's face still sported many hues of black, blue and yellow. Several small bandages still covered places on his face that had received stitches. Knowing what Steve had risked while receiving the bruises, cuts, and contusions he displayed, the crowd yelled and screamed in support. Steve waved again before pulling Gwen close and sharing a smoldering kiss as the audience yelled its approval.

As the din began to abate, Charlie signaled the band to begin its opening number. Gwen was stoked by Steve's passionate kiss in front of the huge audience, as well as the extremely warm reception the fans were still giving her. Once again flashing her best smile, she began strutting across the stage as she sang We Will Rock You and invited the crowd to join in.

The rest of the evening was a prolonged blur as every musician performed at their highest level for over five hours. The crowd somehow grew larger and the enthusiasm seemed to increase steadily. When Gwen was joined by Jordan and Kathy Perrine as they danced and sang across the stage, the huge crowd went into a frenzy. Three of the sexiest, most beautiful women in the world performing right in front of them in sexy, tight leather outfits was almost more than they could endure. By concert's end, the audience was as exhausted as the performers. Five hours of standing, dancing, cheering, applauding, and whistling had taken its toll.

Once the final song had ended and the stage was in relative darkness, everyone in the band looked to Charlie for his expert assessment. He looked around at the assembled musicians and broke into a huge grin.

"That may have been our best show yet. Gwen really brought her A-game, but Jordan and Kathy turned their performances up a notch or two and the fans loved it. Some of those moves you ladies made had to cause some serious discomfort in the jeans of every straight male watching, including band members. It wasn't just great music, but it was incredible entertainment. We're giving complete performances now, and it's amazing to see and hear," proclaimed Charlie proudly.

Gwen and Steve slept a little later than usual the next morning. The terrorist attack and the following days had been extremely stressful on the couple, and the extra sleep was well deserved and much needed. They were scheduled to depart for Paris in the early afternoon, so Gwen and Steve dutifully appeared in the press room in the hotel before heading for the airport.

Gwen nodded to Heather for the first question. "My Queen, your nominees for Secretary of State and Attorney General possibly lost whatever committee support they may have had yesterday when they demonstrated unwavering support for you and your warriorWarrior. How did you feel about their testimony yesterday?"

Gwen studied Heather's face for several seconds as she mulled over Heather's salutation before breaking into a smile. "Thank you, Heather. It was humbling to listen to one of my best friends and my younger sister voice such strong support for Steve and me. I would think that such loyalty and honesty should advance their chances for committee approval. They are remarkable women.

"I need to be honest, however. Kate and Naomi will be at my side and helping me every day, in every step of my presidency, regardless of the actions of the Senate. I am not going to spend any effort or waste any time twisting arms, cajoling, or pleading with Congress. My oath was to protect and defend the Constitution and the people of our great nation.

"The United States has been saddled with party politics and personal agendas in Congress for far too long. The American people deserve better. We all know that. The plain truth is that they will not be getting anything better until they take a more active role in their own government. They need to make their desires known to their elected representatives, and to replace the ones that don't reflect their ideals. Americans have to stop blaming Congress for its poor performance and accept responsibility. Demand better. Let them know what you require if they're to remain in office. Don't accept mediocrity and cronyism."

"Madam President, can you effectively function as President of the United States without the support and cooperation of Congress?" questioned a newspaper reporter.

"You probably have a better grasp of that than I," replied Gwen calmly. "It appears that we'll be finding that out, doesn't it?"

"My Queen, do you care to respond your sister's statement that in terms of importance and power, your titles of Queen of Peace and Lady in Red surpass even the position of President of the United States?" asked Amber Stahl.

Once again, Gwen looked at her questioner slightly longer than usual before smiling. "Thank you, Amber. The Queen of Peace title is very real to a great many people around the world. I would never disrespect them by making light of it. I treasure the fact that so many people feel I have earned such a title. It simply demonstrates the respect some people have for me as well as the respect that I reciprocate.

"Lady in Red is the company that Steve, Jordan, Charlie, Kate, Lisa, and I have nurtured and developed into an extremely successful business. That business has spent billions of dollars in service to less fortunate people around the world. When I attended that first dance with Steve dressed in the red dress I'd borrowed from Lisa, I became known as the Lady in Red. I'm the face of the company. Other than my personal relationships with family and friends, my children, and my marriage, it's the single accomplishment in my life that I am most proud of and least willing to let go. Lady in Red does far too much for far too many people for me to ever allow it to fail in any way.

"President of the United States is the most prestigious title a person could ever have, in my opinion, but it isn't the most important position a person can ever attain. An extraordinary chain of events catapulted me into this office. I'm extremely proud to be your president, but I'll be quite satisfied when I no longer am. I'll do my best to fulfill my duties to the American people so long as I hold my Office. You can be sure of that, but it doesn't mean so much to me that I'll surrender my principles to retain the office, or to convince Congress to do the job the American voters should expect of them."

"Madam President, you were just addressed as 'My Queen' by two reporters. You smiled and expressed your thanks. Are you now encouraging reporters and others to refer to you as our Queen?" demanded a cable news reporter.

"I simply thanked them for the obvious respect they were showing me. You may feel free to address me in almost any polite fashion, and I'll be happy to return the respect to you," responded Gwen.

"Warrior, sir? May I ask you a question?" asked a middle aged reporter for an American West Coast paper.

Steve gave the woman a big smile and nodded to her. "Would you have attempted to neutralize that terrorist cell in Iran if the United States hadn't?"

"I don't deal in speculation," replied Steve. "That mission was handled extremely well by Special Forces from both nations. I will state only that anyone who tries to harm my wife or my family should know that I will not rest until the threat they represent has been eliminated."

"Madam President, have you been surprised by the apparent lack of retaliation by Iran?" questioned a silver haired reporter from a Canadian station.

"Not really," admitted Gwen. "There really isn't much they can do, other than release more terrorists into civilized society. They've recently seen how serious we are about putting an end to terrorist training cells, and they can expect far worse if they send out killers to commit crimes in other nations either openly or clandestinely. The United States takes these aggressive acts very seriously and will respond accordingly. Now that Germany and we have broken the ice so to speak, I suspect other countries will decide to follow our lead if they are similarly attacked.

"We have to prepare to catch our flight, now. Thank you for your questions. We'll do this again in Paris," promised Gwen with a bright smile. "Have a great day!"

A few hours later in New York City, Tyler and Sybil were attending a press conference with the NFL commissioner. Its purpose was to announce the transfer of ownership of the Washington Redskins to Lady in Red. As COO of the company, Tyler was there to represent the otherwise preoccupied owners.

Once the Commissioner finished his comments, the questions began. "Mr. Smith, are you going to keep the same coaching staff? What about general manager? What are the plans going forward for the team?"

"That's pretty simple to answer," replied Tyler. "The new owners of the team have decided to place all decisions in the capable hands of Jared White. He'll serve as director of football operations and will have complete control of all aspects of the team concerning personnel, coaches, administration, schedule, and so on.

"Jared has been very close friends with the owners of Lady in Red ever since high school. He was in the same graduating class as Jordan, Gwen and Steve, along with myself. He played alongside Steve in high school, and again since they first entered the league together to play for Washington. We've promised Jared he won't be second guessed from above, and he won't have to worry about keeping his job," chuckled Tyler. "He's a close friend with an astute football mind. In the eyes of Lady in Red, he's golden."