Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Has Jared given up his hopes of playing another year or two since he's going to run the team?" asked a sports reporter from a Washington paper.

"You'll have to direct that question to Jared, although speaking as a fan, I hope he does play another year or two," replied Tyler.

"What about Steve Hammer? Will he play another year now that he owns the team?" asked the same reporter.

"Again, you'll need to discuss that with Jared. I'd imagine that he'll try to persuade his old friend to play another year or two, but that's entirely up to him. Right now, Steve Hammer has some pressing issues on his plate on national and international levels, so that may not be something he's even considering at this point," reasoned Tyler.

"Won't it be a public relations issue for President Hammer to own a team sporting a name that many Americans feel is racist?" questioned a female reporter with ESPN.

"Not at all," replied Tyler confidently. "A logo's already been designed for the team and its new name. Lady in Red has decided to rename the team the D. C. Spartans. You can guess where the Spartan name came from. Sybil will now unveil the new logo so everyone can see it."

With that, Sybil walked to a wall and tugged a string, allowing a cloth cover to drop to the floor, revealing a poster in an ornate frame. The new logo was a darkened silhouette of two well- muscled men, each holding a red, white, and blue shield to one side with their other arm over each other's shoulders. On the shield to the left of course was a D, and on the other a C. Each man was wearing a Spartan-like battle helmet, also in red, white, and blue. Between the silhouette of goalposts above and behind the players was the colorful name SPARTANS.

"In case you haven't figured it out yet, Jared and Steve posed for the artist that created the logo," revealed Tyler, "and the team colors are red, white, and blue. We believe the fans will be very receptive to the new owners, the new name, and the new logo. The NFL has already approved of the name change and logo design."

The new name, ownership and management of the local NFL team quickly became big news in the nation's capital. Some fans complained bitterly about the team's name change, but for the most part everyone was quite approving of it. Two days later of course, any news about the football team was relegated to the back page.

Three Senate committees reported to the Senate favorably for Jason Hunter, Senator Meredith Chatham, and Jeff Wilson. Both houses of Congress appeared to be headed toward approval of Vince Rosen as Vice President of the United States.

Both the Judiciary Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee reported unfavorably to the senate. Kate and Naomi had not secured the approvals of the committees reviewing their qualifications.

Gwen and Steve were attending the State Dinner in Paris when the news of the Senate committees' rejections of Kate and Naomi reached them. Steve led Gwen onto the dance floor so he could speak to her somewhat privately. "The full Senate still has to vote. My sources tell me that pressure from voters is really building in the Senate. If the votes were taken right now, Kate and Naomi wouldn't quite make it. By next week, when the vote is actually held, things may be a little different."

++++++

I thank Tex Beethoven for making this a better read!