All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 07'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
beezlebubbeezlebubover 6 years ago
Welcome Back

I check almost daily for a new Lady In Red story. Thanks. Happy New Year to all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
As always...thank you!

Given all that has happened together with real life, the fact you find time to write another amazing chapter in this wonderful story, is truly mind blowing.

And we thank you!

C

Storm113Storm113over 6 years ago
I am a retired vet

I agree with freedom of speech/expression. That being said, there isn't an employer in this country that doesn't have things their employees cannot do. In the military I was not allowed to exercise freedom of speech while in uniform,period, and some things out of uniform. I wouldn't have just been fired if I had, I would be in jail. If they can restrict my freedom while in and out uniform, so can another employer. That said, I find it interesting that nfl ticket sales are dropping. Maybe these whiny millionaires will stop kneeling when it hits their paychecks.

Storm113Storm113over 6 years ago
One more thing

Anon ur a hypocrite! You whine about their rights and ignore HDKs. He has the freedom to write what he wants and express his opinion too.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
So glad to see another great chapter in this best of series!

Like beezlebub, I check daily for a new story from you and stayed up this early morning to read this. I was not disappointed. I also fully support your position on those who think "Freedom of Speech" means they have a right to insult, degrade or cast aspersion on this nation. We may not be perfect, but I for one do not want to live anywhere else!!!

CSD2CSD2over 6 years ago
Interesting

Now that we know your feelings on NFL players kneeling...would the Queen also say that the Neo Nazis that overran Charlottesville VA were "good people", too?

And once the Queen and her Warrior finally get down to business of herbeing President, if they truly care about the troops, fuck the kneeling issue and fix veteran care. All this crying over respecting the troops is Fox News lip service while our veterans are killing themselves and dying without the health care they deserve.

If you're going to have your Queen fix an entertainment problem, why don't you just have fix them all, then have a concert for orphans and widows while Steve plays guitar while killing a rabid Justin Bieber fan who stormed the stage?

Seriously, if you are going to touch that subject, touch em all. Piss off the world, encourage debate, and entertain at the same time.

oshawoshawover 6 years ago

A new LIR chapter is always like a Christmas present. Thanks HDK for continuing the best serial ever.

oshaw

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 6 years ago
I have to admitt that this is third reading of this chapter....

I look forward to every chapter...they just seem to get longer in between. I like the addition of the subtitles to match the Sparta Trilogy...I guess LNR Pt. 04 will be the Queen's Ransom? It just reminds us of the mess that is Washington today and makes me long for a fantasy of real leadership in our government. Agree with the stand on the national anthem and wish the owners would follow that policy. Sitting or knelling during the national anthem is disrespectful to our nation and our veterans. Please keep them coming and God Bless You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Fuck HDK!!

bobabcdbobabcdover 6 years ago
Love every new chapter.

Am a Nam era vet and really appreciate the position stated in your story. Sounded like a clear breech of his contract. His new club may have a different policy / contract diving him a continued chance for a career. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another great chapter

Anyone who feels that an athlete has some special privilege to voice his own political opinion at his workplace should check with any employee in one of the many major corporations. They absolutely have a first amendment right to their opinion, but the workplace seldom permits it.

Re LiR Ch 7 - I love to see how the story embraces real issues prevalent in today’s world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 Stars –OLD_CROW

Harddaysknight,

I thoroughly enjoy each new installment of Lady in Red and look almost daily for new chapters. Your story makes me feel good in a world where politicians and the direction they want to take this country seem to defy logic. It’s nice to read how things ought to be.

I am another Nam era vet who lives in California. I’m the son of an immigrant who entered legally through Ellis Island and became a naturalized citizen so I’m not insensitivity to the plight of immigrants. I served 21 years in the military, initially enlisted, and then as a rated officer. My son was a police officer in a crime intensive city until he retired and never had to shoot anybody. If I were to ask, I doubt he’d agree that “Black lives matter”. He’d probably tell you “ALL LIVES MATTER”. That’s the way he was raised. I agree with the right to protest, but don’t believe you have the right to shut down a freeway or destroy others property.

I’m totally disgusted with the lack of respect shown by the NFL. No more tickets bought -even as gifts. I hope the Federal Govt. comes down hard on the legalization of marijuana, sanctuary status for people here illegally and any other attempts to defy the laws of this nation that the rest of its law-abiding citizens are held to.

This is by far the best series I’ve read on Literotica. Thank you for your contribution.

Stormydog4516Stormydog4516over 6 years ago
Wonderful story

What can I say? MORE MORE MORE.....SOON SOON SOON. Please...

msocaltimemsocaltimeover 6 years ago
Luv your story, period!

Any naysayers who use anonymous are cowards, stand up be heard as YOU! Stop hiding in the shadows, bet money you have never served a day in uniform. I have, and I enjoy each and EVERY chapter of this story. Please keep up your amazing talent by sending us more of these characters lives, as others I check daily for any updates from you. Thank you for your commitment to these stories and your gift of telling them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great stuff

Thank you HDK. Trouble is, you leave us wanting more!

Storm113Storm113over 6 years ago
Oh yeah, 5*

Got on my soapbox and forgot. Thank you for your work and thank you more for this great story. Love reading this!

fickfroschfickfroschover 6 years ago
Bigot

1 Star for not accepting the kneeling during national anthem

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
LOVED IT

Love the story, love their stance on the anthem, love the way you write . Keep up the good work!

FabGMxFabGMxover 6 years ago
Willing Suspension...

Of Disbelief.

This whole saga only works if people do that. Its fun mostly of the time, but sometimes gets dull, nevetheless this chapter was fun. Minor points, your spanish was correct most of the time:

-Tu Reina quiere que todos te levantes y disfrutes del espectáculo... if youre referring to a single person should be tú, if rather (as i suspect) were adressing to a group the correct form was Su and se (plural), again if plural then it should be levanten y disfruten... but plural forms.

But aside of that, it was a good chapter.

crystal_mummyx2crystal_mummyx2over 6 years ago
Haha bigot

The point made in this story is clear why its considered unpatriotic 2 not stand for OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM. so u r saying, Olympians should kneel if they win the gold? Proper tme and place for protests. If u r so ashamed of ur country u have 2 kneel during the honoring of it, then u know how 2 leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Saga Continues - Thank you HDK

I seems like such a long wait for this chapter.Writing a long story like this is a lot of work. Please accept my thanks for writing and sharing with us. Now I will try to be patient until Chapter 8 is released.

Thank you HDK.

MuledriverMuledriverover 6 years ago
Great chapter

It sucks that we have to wait so long for you to write and edit, but when we get it, it is awesome!!!!

Yes, your story is rather "hokey" and "over the top", but you warned us in the beginning. LOL

I really enjoy that you write a patriotic narrative, and have your characters as true "ideal nice people, doing the right thing, because it is the right thing".

I am one of those people that have stopped watching the NFL this/last year. I served in the Army for seven and a half years. I have done funeral Honor Guard for fallen military.

If the players were SO CONCERNED, they can have ALL the press conferences they want. They can spend THEIR OWN MONEY to make a difference. (Like Lady In Red does.) They want to go cheap, and claim they care. From what I have heard, it may not be cheap for them too much longer. Tickets and gear sales have plummeted.

I Have heard that it IS IN THE NFL STANDARDS THE THEY STAND FOR THE ANTHEM WITH THEIR HELMET IN THEIR LEFT HAND during the Anthem. AREADY in "the rules". The OWNERS and the LEAGUE had the power to discipline them from the beginning. They failed to do their jobs correctly.

WhatsupCologneWhatsupCologneover 6 years ago
Most boring scene repeating over and over again

Being fascinated by your serial story up to now. Was, as Terry88 wrote, rather disappointed this time. Not being american and not living in the USA the hole theme of kneeing during NFL plays or not isn't really important to me or to exagerated in this chapter.

Less political correctness and more real action or story line would be appreciated!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great chapter

Wrapped up the World Peace Tour, for the most part, and prepped the scene for the showdown in DC.

Found it amusing about the intolerant lefties having to immediately go into name calling mode over the kneeling-for-the-anthem bogus protesting: those mental lightweights have no coherent response, just their puerile epithets.

Keep up the great work, HDK. This has been, and IS, one of the great stories.

stonegrey

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years agoAuthor
I would like to addess the anonymous Vietnam veteran that made a comment.

I very much appreciate your service. I agree that you fought for the right to peacefully protest, for the K.K.K. to march peacefully and for people to kneel during the anthem. Americans have those rights. The point in this story was that people are not guaranteed to be able to express themselves at work. Football players, and everyone else, can kneel all day, every day while on their own time. Many employers will not allow personal opinion or expression about political and social issues while at work. Some companies would not allow it even on their employees time off. Teachers and professors are examples of professions where people have been fired for placing something in social media that was deemed inappropriate by their employers.

I would ask what most of these players do on their own time, when they are not being paid for their services? That is the time for them to express their concerns about social issues. They can appear on TV and radio and talk about it all they want. But make no mistake, the anthem is about the flag, the constitution, and those that have served the country. That is what the national anthem is all about. A person may want to protest the speed limit and kneel, or protest the school dress code by kneeling. The only reason to do it during the anthem is to annoy and goad enough people to make some sort of news program.

The characters in this story would have been out of character if they allowed players to kneel during the anthem. The only option I feel that I had in this story would have been to ignore the issue entirely. I do not believe this is a black issue, or a white issue. Police brutality is wrong. I would hope no one would argue that.

Sir, thank you for your service and for taking the time to express your opinion. I respect that, as well as your sincere feelings. That is very American and you have made your nation and its citizens proud.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 6 years ago
At a loss

Is kneeling not a form of deference? Why is it considered protest?

For the rest, still a very good story, although i tend to agree that there was some repetitiveness in the concerts, the kneeling for the 'queen' and dealing with this.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
Still loving it

Another great read. I 100% support the flag kneeling position you have illustrated. It is not about black, white, or any other color. It is about struggling for attention from the bizarre media we have in this country. Keep up the great work. Maybe a little faster? Thanks TDW

mithanialmithanialover 6 years ago
Love the stroy

I am. Really enjoying your story a lot. I appreciate your characters views on kneeling for the anthem. I have a few close friends in the military, and as long as it isn't a governmental edict then they support whatever rules a employer subjects their employee to. For instance if the players took a knee at a non team related event I think that would be an interesting one. I could see Steve supporting that players right. Then again I could see him against it as well because publicly they are his players. (and by extention the presidents.) Either way it adds to the a Troy and keeps the characters grounded. I love that there are many strong characters here. I find it odd that people are complaining about the female lead taking the forefront. Steve had many chapters that were all about him. I fail to see the problem and am enjoying the story here very much. Carry on. And love to see more!!

SteellordSteellordover 6 years ago
Fantastic Story!

I have read all the chapters so far and I really love the story! I am in total agreement with your take on the kneeling controversy. I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

PhysicallyImpossiblePhysicallyImpossibleover 6 years ago
I agree with Anonymous

Kneeling during the anthem has nothing to do with the flag itself and everything to do with the unfair standards of discrimination many people believe it represents as a reflection of our current government. Being able to kneel, while seemingly disrespectful to some people and understandably so, is objectively speaking, a form of protest. Something that is enabled to all citizens of the United States by the Constitution.

ROCKY60JOHNROCKY60JOHNover 6 years ago
always about me me me

how stupid can you get, of course the anthem is about the flag, did you ever listen to the words. have to make everything about them they should leave and go to another country for a few years to see h0w good they have it in spite of everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I believe

our founding fathers were trying to draw attention to many injustices and inequities when they did what they did which was far more drastic. Pointing out that we as a nation are not living up to our ideals is something I respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very glad to see a new chapter.

Thank you. That being said, will soon go into withdrawal. I think...I am a LIR addict now. Thanks again for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Kneeling

Whether kneeling during the anthem is intended to disrespect veterans or the military or not the fact remains that it does. Playing the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events started as a tribute to the military in the aftermath of WWI. It’s popularity as a result of being played at sporting events influenced its becoming the national anthem years later. Honoring the sacrifice of the men and women in the military is the reason it’s played. If players want to protest unrelated issues, there are other and better forums for that. I feel Steve and Gwen are handling it appropriately. While on the field, the players represent the team, owners, and league. If they feel strongly about something, it’s their prerogative to do something about it. Take meaningful action as opposed to symbolic action. It’s like helping register people to vote or donating to disaster relief vs changing your profile picture on Facebook to support LGBTQ rights.

ms904191ms904191about 6 years ago

Any update on the next Ch?????

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 6 years ago
Bummer

Caught up, now have to wait for new releases for the 2nd best story I have read on lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Jumped the shark

I love HDK. However I think that he has lost control of this story. The storylines are getting more outrageous as the submission intervals get longer. What's next - Steve deactivates a rogue reactor assisted by Saint?

Maybe it's just time to move on.

mithanialmithanialabout 6 years ago
No shark to be jumped

This story is great! We all know there is a special supernatural element to the story. That makes it cool he's establishing a modern day mythology based on his hand crafted world. Pulling in modern elements to tie it and give us reference. That makes it a lot more fun to read and speculate on. Damnit man if you could out out a couple 30k word count or better chapters a month you could seriously make a living with this story like Tefler is doing with his!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 Stars OLD_CROW

Keep going in the same style, I'm loving every minute of it. Wish you could crank one or two chapters a day (from someone who can't write).

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Interesting Twists and Turns in This Chapter

Fascinating and addictive series. From a political standpoint, one of the NFL players was asked by a reporter if the kneeling would stop if Kaepernick was hired again; the player replied, "Yes, that is what this is about." My family and I stopped watching NFL games this year and really don't miss it (we sure like watching college football, though).

Will be interesting to see where HDK takes his Queen and her Warrior. Hopefully no more bullet holes in Steve, please - poor dude has been shot too many times already!

myassisdraginmyassisdraginabout 6 years ago
Hoping

That the next installment is out soon.

I agree with Gatorhermit, poor Steve has had enough leaks plugged. He probably has enough scars for two people....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I believe that Marines can not wear fatigues off base. I believe that they must wear class A uniform or dress blues off base.AE17

mikecflmikecflabout 6 years ago
I just

Read through all of the 44 comments and I have seen just about every side of different opinions on several issues brought forth in this series. I want to state right now I am a very big fan of LIR, love the patriotism, caring for Vets and the desire to try to do good in the world. I look at this story as a whole, not just chapter by chapter. It may make me less critical than others but I'm not going to change my outlook. If it were up to me this would be the only storyline HDK would write at least until he ended it. There are always views from both sides of an issue whether in a story or real life, I never served but have family that did and personally think kneeling by NFL players is wrong ( also stopped watching NFL ). I don't think any opinions are going to be changed here and feel anyone who doesn't like the story should stop reading. The comment that surprised me the most was the one saying that the strong female characterization and character in the story must be a lesbian. I have known a few strong women who did their jobs, pulled their weight so to speak, took care of the family and have never felt threatened by it. I respected them for what they accomplished and still do. Respect is earned, they earned it and it's a shame that a woman is not respected sometimes just because she's a woman. I know women I don't respect but it has nothing to do with gender and I don't disrespect a woman because of gender. I look at them as individuals and just to be clear there are plenty of males I don't respect because they don't do their jobs or are just assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
As good as the rest of "Lady In Red"

I enjoyed this last episode, as well as all the other chapters of this great story .I have just re-read the whole story once more,

I'm a true believer of warriors and their loved ones.

Looking for the next instalment.

Many Thanks

jaymesdeanejaymesdeanealmost 6 years ago
Great Story...

While I could comment on the social commentary that I read before deciding to weigh in myself, I won't.

This is a great story. Throughout this story, I've been intrigued, captivated, moved to tears(the high school shooting hurt me to my core), and most importantly, stuck like glue. This story was detailed and thought provoking. While suspending my disbelief, I've been taken on a glorious ride from a high school football game to state dinners with foreign dignitaries. You've actually said so many things about this country that I've even said myself.

This is a great story. One I'd gladly pay for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sorry I'm gone

I'll not wait 4 months for s chapter to come out, it was fun as it lasted.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years agoAuthor
I was trying to come up with a good excuse, but

there is none. I was wrong to be distracted by other projects at the expense of this one. I apologize and am back working on this again. I understand the frustration expressed by readers, and how some have bailed on my story. My thanks to all who read this far and especially to those that will read my next installment. I will try to do better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More

More please! The long wait is killing me!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Will read as long as your still writing!

I've never been very good at writing but still love the creative people that can invent a story world all their own that can keep me coming back for more. I don't mind waiting a little for the next chapter so I'll keep checking for new updates whenever they come and when I need a fix I'll either start over from the beginning or just pick a favorite chapter or two to tide me over. I'm amazed people can complain someone isn't writing quick enough for them on a free site, get over yourselves and go buy a finished book that actually supports the writers if you need a resolution to a story that bad. Keep trudging on HDK, there are still plenty of us still with you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
When the next chapter, I have withdrawal systems!

I have been reading from the beginning again as I cannot wait for the next one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
People that bailed

It is disappointing we have not had a chapter in....years but the people that bailed will be some of the first that read the next chapter especially if the Senators get spanked a little.

Hoping it will be out soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks and Keep Going!

I’ve been an avid and loyal reader since you first posted years ago, this is still one of my all time favorite stories and love where you have taken it and the journey you’ve led us on! I’ve been reading Literotica for over 10 years and have just finished my very first try at writing my first story since I started reading. The relationship between Steve and Gwen helped inspire my own story. Thanks and can’t wait for the next chapter. It’s been disappointing and tough going this long without an update, but it’s encouraging hearing you are back at it and we will hopefully have another update in the near future. Keep it up! - Irish

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years ago
Terrific Story and Thanks For the Inspiration!

I’ve been reading this story since you first started on it years ago and it’s become my favorite story on Literotica! I’ve read it from start to finish over a dozen times if not more and it is such a great journey! I absolutely love the relationship between Steve and Gwen and how in love and devoted and loyal they are to each other! I know some may claim it’s not realistic and all of that but my own wife and I have a very similar relationship so I can say with certainly that while rare, it does in fact exist in the real world. I’ve always wanted to write my own sorry but have never felt that I could. Recently I decided to finally try and I can say that I have done it. Book 1 is now done and self edited (still trying to find an editor lol) but at 135K words and 200+ pages I was pleased with my first effort. I have submitted the first 19 chapters and am getting ready to submit the final 15 today. Within a few days my first story of The Silver Guardian will be on Lit here and the relationship of my main hero and heroin is much like Steve and Gwen’s and it really helped to inspire me. Thanks for all you do and you have an impact more than you may think on many of us! I would love it if you took a chance and read my story and told me what you think.

-DaddyIrishman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Waiting

Still waiting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
How dare you!

How dare you choose to work on projects that you enjoy, rather than on what we demand for free!

Seriously though, this series has been amazing so far. When (If) you bring out another chapter, it will be just as good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
dead?

I guess this is a dead story. oh well it was dragging on and on anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Update

Can you give us a update when you think the next chapter will be coming out?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Keep going

I've re-read the entire series twice now and am checking daily for new chapters. I really hope you take the encouragement from all the posts and ignore the haters.

Thanks for the series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'm somewhat worried this epic adventure is almost dead

It's been well over six months since HDK has released a chapter. He's released a couple of other stories, so I suspect he's either suffering a bit of writers block where this project is concerned, or this project has lost its draw to him and has become a chore rather than a joy. He did pop in a couple of months ago to say he'd let other projects distract him, so there is hope anyway, but he's never gone this long without a new chapter. I hope all is well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ready for more.

On another site I read the reason for the delay. I have read the entire series multiple times. I recognize these characters are not real. But I really want to know what is going on in their lives. Generosity and integrity are too rare in real life and especially in government.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes look like it's dead

Seems it is dead, author can't even stop in say hi and give update. He did once I saw. Worst thing I hate is unfinished work. Turns me off on a author so fast.

g912493g912493over 5 years ago
I see the Anoms are at it again.!!!

As much as I want another chapter, I know there are 100s of reasons they can take longer then wanted. Hell, you've been on this story since 2013 and you just may need the characters to marinate around your head for a while. These fools who make vaguely insulting comments think that will inspire you to post more quickly ???? I just bet that's working.

I really enjoy your work. I am waiting for the next chapter but know it will come when it comes.

Thanks for all your work

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
This is

Another reader who loves this series and hopes you continue it. I like it above all your other postings. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW!

I just spent several hours reading from chapter one of part one to the end of this current chapter. All I can say is WOW! This entire series (all three parts) is exceptionally well written and edited. Thank you so much for writing such an entertaining and epic adventure. I hope there will be more in the future but understand if there is not. In my opinion this is the best written story on literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Want more!

I've enjoyed your story very much. please finish the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
?????????

Left us hanging there dude.

Would love to read the end of this tale if that is possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
List of Characters

This has been going on for so long and there are so-o-o-o many characters. Could you post an addendum/chapter that lists all the characters and who they are, relationships, etc.

This is really a great escapist, makes-me-feel-good piece of literature. Keep up the great work.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not World Tour

I am disappointed that four continents (Africa, Antarctica, Central America and South America) were omitted along with only one city in the whole Southern Hemisphere. For South America I would recommend 'La Paz, Bolivia' as the official name is 'Nuestra Señora de La Paz' which in in English 'Our Lady of Peace' which would be very fitting for Gwen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ottawa Concert +

Confederation Square (which in reality is a triangle) is way too small, a much better venue, two blocks away is Parliament hill, the stage being setup just in front of "Peace Tower" with the audience on the east and west lawns and adjacent streets. The equating of 'kneeling during the national anthem' with 'disrespecting the flag' is a distractionary made up concept for the sole purpose of DIVIDING as opposed to uniting our nation by an overweight politician who never had a family member serve in the military. I am disappointed that you would buy into the concept.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Respect

I think that Steve misunderstands the focus of the silent, yet very public, protest involved when we kneel for our anthem. As the son of generations of Marines, husband of a Marine, brother of an Army officer, I can assure you there is no disrespect to our flag or our military involved - it actually involves our genuflecting to the symbol of these and other privileges. We kneel in respect, as supplicants, beseeching that the promises made and protected by such sacrifice be fully realized - that the laws and protections be applied to all Americans equally, that justice be blind to race, color, or creed.

As far as additional actions to actually materially make the improvements our country deserves at personal cost, these happen, but are not known - just a Steve had to point out the personal activities Jared was doing; no one was aware of them except those they impacted. But our actions during those 60-90 seconds are impacting to a far wider audience, and, due to a (willful?) misunderstanding, potentially personally very costly. Even so, many of us here in America subscribe to a creed which mandates that we let our light shine before men, to the glory of God.

MankeyMankeyabout 3 years ago
About Respect

Some of the key themes is this whole story are about honour, loyalty and respect. Nothing displays those qualities more than showing respect for one's national flag and their national anthem. As a veteran of 17 years service who saw service in many countries, and who still suffers from the after-effects of that service, I find it both uplifting and emotive that a writer would bring these issues to the surface as much as he had and address them head on. To read of such characters addressing these issues in the way that they have actually makes me proud of my individual service and my time in uniform.

As a brief aside, I a the Standard Bearer of the local branch of the Royal British Legion, which means that I have the honour of leading all parades with our flag. This story more than any other reinforces the ides that truth, honesty, loyalty and courage are traits that we should all strive towards, and I for one feel better for having read it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7124 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories