Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The First Couple wasted no time approaching locals and greeting them as friends. For their part, the diners beamed their pleasure at being addressed by name by President and Steve Hammer. Jordan and Charlie moved to different tables and greeted others, as did Gwen's sisters, their spouses, and Ted and Paula. Those that weren't locals were not left out of the greetings as Gwen's group worked the room like old friends saying hello. Minutes were spent taking pictures, many of which were selfies.

"Please excuse us," announced Gwen as she moved to the center of the room. "It's great to be back home! You're all very kind and we appreciate the warm welcome. Sandy Johnson Turner is celebrating her birthday in the other room and we were invited to attend."

Sandy Turner had tears of joy streaming down her cheeks by the time Gwen hugged her. "Happy birthday, Sandy! I'm so glad we got home in time to come to your party."

"Gwen! I can't believe you're here. You've made this the best birthday ever!" managed Sandy as she returned Gwen's hug. "I watched all the news and internet stuff I could find about your World Tour. You prevented a war and performed miracles!"

"Don't believe everything you hear," chuckled Gwen as she smiled at her friend.

"Okay, but I do know my brother Dave was going to be shipping out to Korea until you brought an end to that tense situation with Russia, China and Korea. He's here tonight with his wife. Would you like to meet him?"

"As I recall, he's a Marine and I'd love to meet him," replied Gwen as her eyes settled on a man in fatigues standing rigidly at attention near a pretty young woman.

Steve watched as Gwen's tension seemed to fall from her shoulders as the night went on. She was finally back home, surrounded by family and friends. She began to relax more and enjoyed the interaction with the people of her home town. As he considered all she had endured, and had accomplished, his appreciation for his wife's strength and character increased.

Steve made slow, gentle love to his wife in their own bed that night. Gwen was purring like a kitten by the time he rolled off her and laid his head on the pillow next to hers. She kissed his cheek before resting her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes, and quickly falling asleep. Steve held her body close as he considered how fortunate he was.

The next day was the premier of 'The Queen's Ransom' and Sparta was rapidly filling up with tourists and sightseers. Steve and Gwen met with reporters in Valhalla at noon to allow time to prepare for the evening's festivities.

"My Queen, Senator Lancer is calling on the House of Representatives to begin impeachment proceedings against you," began Amber Stahl. "He states that your claim of now being a queen underscores your compromised mental state. He accuses that you are not mentally fit to serve as President of the United States."

"Senator Lancer is entitled to his opinion," replied Gwen with a smile. "I am now asking those voters that support the efforts and sacrifices Steve and I have made for them never to cast a vote for Senator Lancer again. That's a tangible way people can show support for us."

"That response seems pretty mild," stated a cable newsman. "Does this mean your husband won't be trying to harm Senator Lancer's career in some way?"

"You seem to think my request for voters not to support him will have little or no effect on his career. You may be surprised. As for Steve's reaction, he's been quite clear about his plans. Once I am no longer in office, Senator Lancer will be facing the full brunt of Steve's ire. I can see it on his face right now.

"Senator Lancer has insulted me. You must know that my Warrior will see that he regrets it. Senator Lancer has effectively ruined his political aspirations. From now on he won't be able to get elected dog catcher in his own home town."

"You're actually threatening a sitting Senator?" asked another reporter.

"I'm making no threats. I'm simply stating the future as I see it. Time will tell if I'm wrong. Next question?"

"Madam President, several members of both parties in the House have announced they'll begin the impeachment process," stated an internet reporter. "They say once you began referring to yourself as Queen, you crossed the line. The President of the United States cannot accept any titles of royalty."

"That would be titles conferred by other countries," replied Gwen. "Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution makes no such restriction about the will of the citizens of the world. Again, I don't care to discuss the inconsistent behavior of Congress. I find it a waste of my time."

"Madam President, the DC Spartans traded Jim Vance yesterday to Cleveland. He was your starting quarterback yet never played a down against the Eagles in the first game of the season! Did you trade him because he knelt for the National Anthem before the first game?" asked a network reporter.

"Jared White has total control of all things football for Lady in Red," replied Gwen. "You need to direct your questions to him. That said, no one will kneel for the anthem more than once while in our employ."

"He's asking the NFL and the Players' Association to investigate the situation. He claims you're trying to deny him his Constitutional rights," continued the same reporter.

"That's his right and we support that right. It's our right to determine who will play for us. Teams are not required to cite reasons for any trade they make," pointed out Gwen. "Jared obviously felt the team would benefit from the trade. I understand we picked up a very good receiver."

"Does trading your starting quarterback mean Steve will be putting on the cleats for the Spartans this year?" asked the persistent newsman.

"As a fan, and an owner, I hope so. As a wife, I want him to follow his heart and be happy. I hate to see him bruised and bleeding after a game, but he's the best player I've ever seen," beamed Gwen as she gazed at her husband standing next to her.