Let the Courting Game Begin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Remember girls," Wally said wisely. "You'll win your games on the chips and puts but you could demoralize your opponent by the length and accuracy of your drives. Much of the game is mental."

CHAPTER 2

On Wednesday as the squad set off, three members of the A-team arriving to go out and practice waved the B-team off on its quest.

Wally was annoyed thinking well okay, it was 7:30, but a college that didn't support its team didn't deserve to have success in sport.

"This lack of interest really pisses me off," Annie yelled, thumping the back of the seat in front of her.

A few mouths dropped open because such demonstrative behavior had never been witness from Annie in the almost three years she'd been at the college.

They swung around the final bend to the main gates and Wally braked and stopped. "What the fuck?"

Everyone came forward for a better view.

"Jesus, there must be 150 students assembled, guys as well," Eve called.

"And staff and look, there's the chancellor."

Suddenly the crowd moving back from the road, exposing a string quartet comprising two professors, an assistant professor and a senior lecturer. They began playing and Wally called, it's Handel's 'Arrival of the Queen of Sheba'."

"Coach, that's your outfit, pinning their hopes on you." Joss laughed, slamming a hand between Wally's shoulder blades. He coughed and drove forward, flashing the van's lights in acknowledgement. He called, "Everyone back to your seats. Open your windows and wave. We need to show we appreciate this send-off."

They drove slowly through the accolade-shouting throng and were stopped by the Chancellor Moses, with her hand held high.

She entered the van accompanied by the chief coach and spoke very briefly. "Miss Nelson has convinced me you guys have committed almost beyond belief and you'll bring back something for our main trophy cabinet in the main entrance lobby. I called for volunteers to assembly here with me this morning and what a turn out we received. Good luck everyone. She stepped out and Head Coach Nelson said, "Well girls I have been watching and believe you all have responded to your temporary coach in an extraordinary way and it worried me he was worked you so hard. But there you go. If you want to win you must prepared to go for it and you're now as ready as you ever will be as a team. Very good luck."

Joss rose. "Miss Nelson. We believe we have a winning coach and no way will we disappoint you. Thank you for your support."

The cheering drowned the music as the van went through the gates.

"Only the football team gets a better send off than that," Crystal said proudly.

* * *

The coach of the Somerville Heights College team met the arrivals from Carlton Valley College outside the accommodation wing at Barnes & Owens Memorial Golf Course. "Hi and welcome. I'm Lil Grafton. We are dining together tonight so you'll meet our squad then. I just wish to say enjoy your stay and I trust you will pull something out to be worthy opponents and we go for our third Minor golf trophy in succession. We heard that you lost your coach two weeks out in the vital build up and had to make do with Mr Curtis here, a music teacher. Ah well, these things happen. Just do you best; that's all you can do."

As Lil walked away Melissa said, "The bitch; she's talking as if the trophy is already back in Somerville Heights' trophy cabinet."

Joss silently lifted her hand into the air and her team pressed in to hold on to her arm.

After a light lunch the squad went out on their practice round. Somerville players were several holes ahead of them. They played as two fours. That made it easier for Wally to keep a very close eye on all players.

The girls came off the course, most of them rather disappointed. They were in the showers bitching when Wally walked in.

"Joss!"

She came of her shower smiling.

"Wally, get out of here," shouted Eve.

Some of the women attempted to cover up but Joss said, "Relax girls, Wally has probably seen almost as much tits and pussy than we have."

"That's right Joss but that's not what I'm here for. I could hear you guys bitching in my room. You cannot allow that Joss. We have momentum going and no way do we want it diverted. Look, the greens here are unbelievably fast, faster that what I remembered. I should have come here and checked them out yesterday. I've let you down and for that I apologize but enough of that; we have to look ahead. Look go back into your showers or keep on dressing those of you who are out. I'll take louder so you can all hear. You all know how you played today so will not be surprised to hear me say I'm about to make two changes."

Everyone, partly undressed or nude in the showers came out and gathered around the coach.

"You all attempted to adjust to these greens and two of you failed to adjust. I'm telling you in the morning they will be cut hard so will be even faster. Rain is expected tomorrow night so we may be able to go back to the original team as the rules allow that providing we give the opposing coach the notice of changes at least one hour before play commences. So we'll do that on Friday morning."

Most of the squad appeared to be shrugging.

"This is one of the tough things a coach has to..."

"Melissa takes my place," Annie said firmly.

Sobbing, Amy said, "And Crystal goes in for me."

"Yes, b-but how...?"

"Joss pulled us into a team talk while you were greasing up to Miss Grafton," Eve said. "We also think you ought to be in for a win with her tonight."

"Eve," please.

"All right back the team. Annie and Crystal were honest enough to own up they had been unable to cope with the speed of the greens – Annie with her chipping, me with my putts," said Amy. It's as they say, horses for courses. If it's wet Friday Annie will be out on her own with her approach shots."

Wally blew his nose. "I-I'm so proud of your guys, thinking and acting like a team, believing in what I've been telling you the team can be only as strong as the support it receives from each member. I shall be writing a report to the assistant chancellor on this aspect of your team spirit, explaining how members stood up to be counted and knew what had to be done to remedy it. I shall ask that Annie and Amy be awarded term bonus marks because of their courageous action and also you for your quality leadership Joss."

Everyone clapped and pressed up against Wally and kissed him in appreciation of his decision. Nude Annie who pulled a towel around her before she stepped forward. Shy Crystal found her towel had fallen on to the wet floor so whimpered "What the hell?" and red-faced pressed up nude against Wally.

"Thank you ladies. That's an experience I never expected to endure."

"Endure – what an insult girls," yelled Eve. "Strip him and into the shower with him."

Screaming in laughter the girls pulled off Wally's tracksuit and pushed him into the shower and the undressed ones soaped him.

The opposing coach appeared in the shower room.

"Well really? Is this the true level of behavior of Carlton Valley when on tour?" said Miss Grafton. "Members in the clubhouse are complaining about the noise."

Looking at Wally wiping soap from his eyes Miss Grafton said, "Well Mr Curtis, as you are not sporting an erection I feel obliged not to report this as behavior unfitting for a college coach. I assumed you were lured in here?"

"No."

"Yes," said the squad.

"Well who am I not to believe ladies Mr Curtis? Girls get him rinsed, dried and dressed and sent out of here. And please keep the noise down."

Back in his room, embarrassed at some of the girls jerking him off after getting his cock erect, Wally dressed appropriately for the clubhouse and slunk off. Lil broke away from her group with her drink and came up to him.

"Lil, I must apologize..."

"Wally, shut up. I can scarcely be critical of your behavior when I'll be taking you to bed tonight. Now please allow me to buy you are drink. The president and ladies club captain will be here to join us shortly."

* * *

Next day Joss, Katie and Melissa won their morning match over 18 holes, with the other three losing. In the afternoon Katie and Juanita won their matches, Joss halved hers and the others lost. That left Carlton Valley down by one game Gathering the players around him Coach Curtis said, "That other team must be worried. I bet they expected to cream us."

"Is that what Miss Grafton told you in bed last night," Katie said quite forcibly.

"She told me that but I'm not going to say where I was and nor do you have any right to make that accusation. I can confirm that I gave nothing away about our team's tactics."

It didn't rain overnight but the skies looked threatening next morning. At the team meeting Wally said, "Well guys, what do you think?"

The squad expected Joss to speak first.

"It's your call Wally. It's a hell of a decision to have to make."

Wally called the number of local weather. He sighed and put his phone away. "A high pressure tail is taking its time to clear. It could rain this morning and it will be raining by nightfall. What sort of forecast is that?"

"As good as you're going to get," Katie said tersely.

Joss snapped, "Cool it Katie."

"No, he should have been with me rather than the enemy."

Joss said angrily, "Katie I said..."

"Look guys, you know I crossed enemy lines but I'd call it a scouting mission and yes, I did fraternize. But would you believe I did it for you?"

The looks Wally received were less than encouraging. He looked up at the departing Katie and said, "Walk out of this team meeting Katie and you'll not be named to play today. I don't pick quitters."

"I hate you for what you've done to me. I was..."

"Shut your mouth Katie unless you comment is about golf."

Katie remained silent and returned to her chair.

"Right, although I did get very close to Miss Grafton last night around midnight her team captain called her and I heard her say they were worried about the prospect of rain. I heard Miss Grafton say to her captain to get the team into a mindset that if it rains they must play their chips and putts with restraint."

"So?" Crystal asked.

Joss smiled. "It offers us hope if it rains their players will be in two minds, and you know what that does to your golf?"

"So I'm backing the A-selection," said Wally. "If I'm wrong it could end in disaster for us."

Wally went off with the team list, his players looked apprehensive.

"This is no good," Joss said. "Some of you already have us losing. We have an hour and a half before we begin to tee off. Now just go off and walk in twos. Take a club and just swing it and think. Don't hit any balls. Katie, when Wally returns I want you to go up to him and apologize. Unless you do it will prey on your mind because saying what you did in front of us was out of order, and you know it."

Katie hung her head.

Wally came back in cheerfully. "All done. She looks tired for some reason."

Everyone laughed including Katie.

"The clouds are really rolling in now and the good news is no changes have been made to their team. The other good news I was speaking to the chairman of the course committee. He told me they've only had light showers for more than a month and very infrequently. That means our opponents have been playing on fast greens for weeks. If it rains we've got them. Melissa and Crystal thank you for your contributions yesterday. That half-win you secured yesterday Melissa could prove costly to them. Good girl.

Melissa said, "Boss you know we are growing in confidence. You are just trying to build moral and that is unnecessary. We are women, not dopey men."

Everyone laughed.

Katie walked over and stood in front of Wally.

"Boss, I was out of order earlier. I apologize. Please understand I was jealous?"

Katie then seized Wally and kissed him passionately on the lips.

"Jesus," Wally said, stepping back and wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

"Right off you go, except you Annie."

"Is Annie going to get a big kiss like Katie?" Eve said.

Wally gave her the fingers and everyone, eager to expend emotion, laughed.

"What do you want boss?"

"What's this sudden change to boss?"

Annie looked him in the eye. "We haven't discussed it. I should think it's out of respect. I have a boyfriend sir."

"Annie, this is not about sex. I just want to talk to you quietly so please calm down."

Annie drew several deep breaths and asked was that calm enough? They exchanged grins.

"This morning the greens will be fast like yesterday. I suggest you go down one iron after you have made your selection – don't prejudge what club to take as that could fuck you up. So if it's 7-iron distance you touch that club and then take out an eight and play it like an eight, no extra effort; resist the effort to give it extra. You may end up a bit short on some greens but it you are ending up closer to the pin at least 50% better than you did on our practice day here, then that's all I want. As for putts, I want you to putt the same as usual, only with a ball on medium or shorter puts two inches farther back than usual. Go through your usual routine and then reposition with the ball two inches farther back. If it does seem to be working I want you to adhere to that positioning. Do you understand?"

"Yes coach."

"And once it begins raining you gradually change back to normal with your approach shots and putts, but don't be in a rush to change unless it's a downpour. Right, off you go."

"May I kiss you?"

"Christ Annie."

"I won't tell the others. We all think you're so sexy now you are fitting into your role. You are keeping us all so calm."

They kissed and Annie was off to practice the routine for chip shots.

The players went off under threatening skies. Katie won her game while Juanita and surprisingly Annie halved their matches. That put their opponents two holes up, or three up for the tournament.

While the players where having lunch it rained and there was a downpour ten minutes before the first players were to tee off. The intercollegiate rules allowed coaches to alter playing order so just before the tee-off Wally spoke to Joss.

"Our opponents are so confident of taking the title I don't think they'll change playing order. I want to change ours."

"Okay, we have the rain on our side but we need four wins to take the title otherwise there will be a playoff between two nominated players on each side playing stroke play as teams. So we have to do something."

"Right, I want our strongest players mentally right now playing at the front. We go for our four wins straight up. If it fails we are gone."

"Okay, the bold are often rewarded. Name the playing order."

"Katie, Juanita, you, Eve Amy, Annie."

"Juanita against their Number 2 – are you mad?"

"I have been watching their Number 2. She loses it, just a little, whenever she's outplayed."

"Christ that's a huge risk. What say Juanita has a misfiring day?"

"I'll talk to her."

"And what if one of that first four has a loss?"

"Well, that's why Annie is in the back – to clean up."

"Christ – now that's the second time you have made me say that. Annie is even more capable of misfiring that Juanita."

"Joss darling, look behind you."

"Ohmigod that's a cloudburst heading our way."

"Yes, and who is Miss Duck on our team?"

Joss sighed and said Annie.

"And she will have the most holes left to play after play resumes after the cloud burst."

Joss snorted and said that was tactically very brilliant, even if it should fail. "May I kiss you? You are being such a good coach."

"Well just a quickie on the cheek."

"I'll give you a quickie but not now," Joss said, kissing his cheek.

All the team watched that exchange from a distance.

Joss went over the team and explained tactics. She said the cloudburst was probably at least an hour away.

Everyone nodded looking anything but confident. Joss sent Juanita over to talk to the boss.

"Why are you playing me at Number 2?"

"Firstly I must tell you something I want you to believe in. This is your chance to step up. You have, I believe, incredible talent in your Juanita, and I'm sure you know that as you see it emerge from time to time. You still have trouble putting it all together but today is the day to do that."

"Oh thanks."

"The second thing is I reckon their Number 2 is temperamental. If she gets outplayed she feels rising panic, even if it's the first hole. I'm sure of this. So smack her two or three holes running and it will be game over providing you don't yield. I want you to go out and flatten her."

Juanita was silent for a moment. And then, "You have belief in me so why shouldn't I? I have been slow coming to the boil. Okay, I accept it's time to step up. I saw Joss kiss you. May I?"

"Yes, just a touch on the cheek."

* * *

Katie went out like a well-oiled machine, winning her match 5-4 (five holes ahead with four holes to play). It was the biggest thrashing of the tournament.

Juanita put her drive on the first hole out of bounds with a vicious hook. Her second went a little straighter but also went out of bounds. She played her third tee shot straight and long but when her opponent put her second shot six feet from the pin Juanita announced she conceded the hole.

On the second hole she all but landed on the green on the short par-4 and birdied it, with her unsettled opponent finishing with a bogey. Juanita won the next four holes and they halved the remainder of the holes they played, giving Juanita the second win.

Joss inexplicitly lost form when play commenced after the cloudburst and was beaten 2-1. She was devastated but Eve won her game. Amy lost her match. It was now up to Annie to come home a winner and to secure the trophy.

With five holes to play Annie was three holes down when the cloudburst led to a halt in play. After the deluge the greens then had to be scraped clear of surface water. Annie clicked into her game and they were all-square on the seventeenth, her opponent showing signs of stress. On that final hole their drives stopped only a yard apart. Annie put her approach shot to rest four feet from the pin to huge applause. Her opponent over-clubbed and put the ball on to the terrace in front of the clubhouse where it stayed, out of bounds. She played another shot that landed on the edge of the green but it was all over. The woman's putt went halfway to the cup. She marked the ball, hoping for a miracle, and indicated to Annie to putt. Annie putted straight and true and ended with a birdie and the biggest win of her career to date.

About forty Charlton Valley parents who'd been following the afternoon's play clapped the victorious Charlton Valley team to the showers. Wally was standing at the doorway. His players went to rush him but he yelled, 'Stop. Form a line in A-Team playing order."

He then kissed and congratulated each player, watched by the opposing team.

When he kissed the last player, Joss, he said, "Be a captain Joss."

Joss walked out in front of her team and then shouted, "Charlton Valley, three cheers for our tough-ass opponents."

The cheers rang out and then their opponents ran over and a big hugging melee followed.

The two coaches shook hands.

Lil Grafton said, "The rain beat us."

"The rain and tactics."

Lil sighed, "The rain and tactics, yes. Let me buy you a drink before we all gather for the end of championship dinner and awards."

Late that night there was a knock on Wally's door. His cock thickened as he thought Joss? Perhaps Juanita? Very unlikely Annie?

Katie slipped in the opening, wearing a short nightdress. "Sorry to disturb you so late coach but there was a quick team talk tonight. We thought you should be rewarded in a way you'd remember for a while. So there was a vote and I, well, um...I swept the pool. They all though I was the woman you eyed the most."