Life Changers Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He won't sign if you're not there," Connor said in frustration. "And if we lose enough deals out there then there won't be any need for a deal here."

"Is there something I can do to help?"

"Convince Connor he can go to my place or go with me," he said before he kissed her. "Hell, we'll be back by Friday."

"No," Connor said. "We're not leaving her alone in a new place with these kids and two feet of snow on the ground. If she wants to help she can take over the bacon or the pancakes."

"Oh sure," Ella offered as she stepped out of Ryan's embrace and right into Connor's. "But where will Scott be?"

"See that?" Scott asked as he lifted Danny from his high chair. "You two are fighting like little bitches and she asks for me. I'll be in Miami, sweetheart."

"Miami sounds nice this time of year," Ella said as she poured the batter on the griddle. "Sunny and warm."

"There're better places for that," he responded with a wink. "Give us a chance and you'll see it for yourself. Unfortunately, I'll be splitting my time between a bank asset manager and a builder, who was just awarded a huge government contract."

"Somebody needs to sell something that somebody else needs to buy?" she asked as she moved the pancakes to a platter and started another batch.

"Very good," Connor said as he moved around the kitchen. "But neither of them leaves until tomorrow and both will be home by Friday so we have today and then the weekend."

"For what?" she asked in anticipation.

"To present our proposal to you," Connor answered. "We know you have to make plans and we want you to hear us out, take a few days to decide and then, either way, trust us to help you with whichever road you choose."

Ella thought about his comment as they set the table. Admitting that she had had little experience in the interview and job offer the world, she still could not ignore the feeling that something would be odd with their proposal.

"You just met me," she said as they sat to eat. Although Josh had eaten breakfast, he insisted on sitting beside Ella and helped consume some of her food. "You hardly know me. Why would you offer anything to me? A million people would have left me on the side of the road yesterday."

"That's true and yet still painful to hear," Ryan said between bites. "Any yet you fail to remember that I never miss an opportunity. I'll admit that I wasn't planning on putting you in my car, bringing you home, or..." he left off as he motioned around the table.

"Or?" she repeated and waited but no one volunteered to fill in the blank.

"We have five offices across the U.S.," Scott finally said. "But when we're in residence we have offices on the estate where we can work, meet, whatever we need. Our parents keep the kids, well, have kept the kids for the last little bit."

"Fourteen mouths," Connor clarified.

"Yeah, time flies," Scott agreed. "Anyway, we'll pack up the kids, drop them off and head over in a few minutes. We think it would be a good atmosphere to discuss our proposal with you."

"For a job?" she asked and waited while the brothers looked at each other.

"For a wife," Connor answered.

Ella stared at the three men waiting for a wink, smile, chuckle or anything that would betray the joke they were playing at her expense. When she realized they were serious, she searched the room for the easiest escape. If she ran, she would have to leave her purse and suitcase, which held almost everything she owned. If she ran, where would she go? To the B&B which was managed by the mother of these guys?

"Does your mom know about this?" she playfully demanded. "Oh god, I shouldn't have left my car."

"I'll agree that you shouldn't get in a car with a stranger," Connor said. "But I would have killed Ryan if he'd left you out there."

"Why?" she demanded. "Why me? Is this what you do? Find a damsel in distress and then...what exactly would this be? Kidnapping?"

"Damn," Scott said with a laugh. "Ok here goes. Why? Because we need you. Why you? Because you fit...us. Just like that. You fit. Our first wife left us fourteen months ago and you are the only person we've considered since she left. And," he paused. "What the hell was the other question?"

"Kidnapping," Ryan and Connor answered together.

"But maybe we should wait to continue this," Connor suggested watching Ella fight panic. "Ella, yesterday, last night, this morning...you know you want to hear us out."

Glancing at her plate, Ella was relieved to see that she had finished her breakfast. Now she prayed she could keep the food in her belly. The next few minutes were surreal as she was helped into her jacket and followed the brothers into Connor's SUV. It was not until they were moving through the estate that she realized she had foolishly allowed them to put her in another car to a destination unknown.

Sitting in the passenger's seat, she looked over her shoulder to find only Scott in the backseat as Connor was behind the wheel.

"Ryan took the boys to Mom's," Scott offered when he noticed her confusion. "Please give us a chance, Ella."

The previous night's weather slowed their progress so Ella took the opportunity to observe the surroundings. In the light of day, with the sun glaring off the snow and the bright blue sky providing a bit of color, the estate could have been the scene used in a nostalgic painting. It was certainly more beautiful than anywhere she had ever been and even more than she had thought existed. The elegance was breathtaking but also a reminder that she was so far out of her league with these brothers. They stopped at a small house located beside the bay.

"It's a restored hunting cabin," Connor explained as he opened his car door. "Although I have no idea if they ever hunted anything on this land."

Watching him exit the car and walk around the hood to escort her, Ella tried to process what she had learned. They wanted a wife but why and for which brother she had yet to discover. Maybe one of them needed an American wife. Connor had explained last night that everyone had something of value. Until this minute, she had never considered her citizenship very valuable. When Connor opened her door, she studied him for a second. He appeared to be American. Certainly he would not need the benefit of marriage to stay in the states.

"Ah, sweet Ella," he said to break her reverie. "How I would love to know what you're thinking."

Accepting his hand, she was grateful for his assistance as he guided her from the car to the house. When they entered, she smiled at both the warmth and rustic furnishings of the cabin.

"Our executive assistant will be working from her home today," Scott said as he motioned to the sitting area and the several plush chairs and sofas filling the space. "So we can talk without interruption. Have a seat. What can I get you to drink? Water?"

She must have nodded because he walked toward the small kitchen adjoining the room. Sitting on the small sofa, she leaned back lost in her thoughts. They had said they needed a wife but they never said for which of them. Maybe the proposal would be a match between her and another man she had yet to meet. She groaned at the possibility but had to admit that she had easily led them to conclude she was a woman with loose morals.

She stared at the window not seeing the view. Searching for the regret and fear that should be overwhelming her by now, she silently admitted that she had been more worried about crossing the bay than she was being with these men. After seven years of struggling on her own to get through school, Ella was amazed at how quickly she had let her guard down in telling Ryan everything he needed to know to put her in this predicament.

"Do you drink, Ella," Connor asked. "Wine or something stronger?" When she merely shook her head, he smiled in returned. "Ryan just pulled in. Just give us a chance, baby."

When Ryan walked in the door, he looked around the room and lifted his eyebrows. Apparently, she was not the only person feeling the tension. Scott handed her a glass of water as he sat beside her. After she had taken a drink and placed the glass on the side table, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to his side.

"Kidnapped?" Connor finally said as he walked into the room. "No. Definitely not. If you listen to our proposal and decide to decline, then we will not only let you leave but help you financially. In return for your silence, we would compensate you enough to provide for all your needs for one year until you decide what you really want to do with your life."

She turned to look him in the eye. If hearing the proposal was worth a year's salary, what would agreeing to it be worth? "And if I agree to it?"

"If she agrees," Ryan repeated with a smile. "See? I told you she was perfect."

"If," Scott reminded him. "But you're right, she is perfect."

She wanted to run. She wanted to stay. She wanted to cover her ears but she wanted to hear. In the end, staying and listening were the winners.

"If we all agree to the terms, we would have a trial, or maybe we would call it a transition period," Connor explained. "Am I correct in assuming that you would need time to adjust to us?"

"Uh...us?"

He smiled at her and she nearly fell off the couch. "Have you ever been with three men, Ella?"

"Uh...no, actually."

"Adjustments," Connor confirmed. "In the beginning, we would provide a bank account for your personal use and later, you would be added to our household management accounts. Like we said earlier, housekeeping and landscaping services are outsourced but all other chores, such as shopping and cooking, are shared by us. Still with me?"

"Yeah, but wait...so you're talking about you...the three of you?" she asked.

"Who did you think we meant?"

"I was almost convinced there was white slavery or some sort of illegal immigration scam going on."

"Joshua and Daniel need a mother, not a babysitter," he continued. "You seemed comfortable with children. What kind of experience do you have?"

"My little sister but she died with my parents," she said. "I helped take care of younger cousins and I had several long term babysitting jobs. Obviously, I don't have any children of my own."

"You said you'd want children but do you think you could start with two you didn't birth who still need a mother? Could you accept our two little boys as your own?"

"Yes," she agreed quickly. "Yes, definitely but which one of you is their real father?"

"You mean biological?" Connor snapped. "We don't know. We were all in a relationship with their mother. I was legally married to her but she had three husbands who equally took care of her."

"Where is she?"

"Denver," he answered. "With no parental rights. We require prenuptial agreements with a clause that states if a spouse leaves, then he or she forfeits everything including children."

"How long were you married?"

"Ten years."

"How could she just leave? I mean, even if she wanted out, how could she just leave her babies?"

"Again," Ryan said. "I told you she's perfect."

"Yeah, Ry, you did well but she asked a serious question and I don't know what to say other than if you want out, Ella, taking the kids, and that means the two we have now plus however many we would have in the future, is not an option. You really need to understand that before you continue."

"Can you tell me why she left?" she asked and waited while the brothers looked at each other until Connor took the lead again.

"We understand that what we're suggesting is a sexual deviation from society's norm but we started the relationship for a good reason. It's unorthodox but not illegal. Unfortunately, searching for a wife to accommodate our lifestyle led us to a woman with more liberal sexual preferences than even we understood. Gloria was comfortable with multiple partners but not with fidelity. I believe she loved this life but she loved her career too so she was away from the house quite a bit on business. On a trip to Denver, she met her soul mate, a woman who understands and satisfies everything Gloria needs."

"What was the good reason?" Ella asked.

"What?"

"You said you started the relationship for a good reason but it doesn't sound like Gloria was part of the decision. What was it?"

Connor actually appeared uncomfortable for a second before looking to his brothers for assistance. When they failed to rescue him, he leaned forward and said, "It goes back to our childhood so it's a long story."

"I don't want to pry but then, I think I need to," Ella said looking at each man. "I would want to know why you chose this life before I agree.

"Tell her Connor," Ryan said. "Gloria didn't ask because she didn't care. We can't make the same mistakes again."

"You're right," Connor agreed. "This estate belonged to our mother's family. She was an only child and therefore, offered every luxury imaginable. When she married our father, our grandfather had the house she lives in now built for them."

"You should go back to the beginning," Scott interrupted as he rubbed his hands over Ella's arms. "Explain how she ended up with our dad and why that house was built."

"When our mother was eighteen, her father caught her with three men," Connor said watching Ella's reaction. When she only pursed her lips, he continued. "One was the stable manager's son. Another was Jack, who was just a local kid born on the poor side of town."

"Which was pretty much anywhere off this estate," Ryan said with a laugh.

"And the third kid was the son of our grandfather's best friend who happened to own the local bank," Connor continued. "The old man was furious. Mom won't go into detail but the stable manager and his family were sent away and Jack was actually paid to leave town. She was forced to marry the other kid and the house was built nearby so her father could keep her on a short leash."

"Was her husband your real dad?" Ella asked and then quickly corrected with "I mean biological father?"

"Since I born almost seven months later, I can't confirm that," Connor answered. "Fast forward a few years where grandpa died and the bastard inherited both his father's bank and our mother's home which he then used as collateral to cover bad business. When the chicken shit hit rock bottom, he took the coward's way out with a .38 and left a wife with three kids and no home."

"It was bad," Scott whispered. "For a few years anyway."

"The FBI was investigating the bank so arrests and seizures were big news," Ryan explained. "We were homeless and social outcasts because the bank, well, our dad had heartlessly seized homes and businesses from the locals, so no one wanted to help. Then Jack read about it and contacted Mom. Unfortunately, he was married and living in Baltimore but he arranged for us to live with his aunt and he sent money as he could."

"That's why he's Daddy Jack?" Ella asked with a smile.

"That's why he's Daddy Jack," Ryan answered. "And then the stable manager's son shows up. His name was Greg and no, he was never Daddy Greg but he took care of Mom which was good enough for us."

"The property was divided and auctioned off," Connor explained. "Greg and Jack bought the stables which have apartments over the stalls so we had somewhere to live. Greg called in favors from only God knows who and why, but he built a business and made it work. Jack would visit and eventually he bought back Mom's house which became the Bed and Breakfast, another good business."

"We were kids and didn't understand why Greg and Jack, who were total opposites, were helping Mom," Ryan added. "And then one day, we committed the ultimate childhood faux pas and walked into her room without knocking on the door and there they were...together. All three of them."

"And that's the reason?" Ella asked. "Your Mom had three lovers so you want a woman who will also?"

"No," Connor answered quickly. "We want it because it worked. If Mom had been allowed to be with the men she chose, our old man could have left and we would have adjusted to being one dad short but not homeless."

"Kids have to adjust every day to losing a parent in a divorce or to death. I lost both of mine in one car accident."

"But what if you'd had someone else waiting at home? Wouldn't your life have turned out better?" Conner countered.

"Well, I wouldn't be sitting here so I don't know. Actually, I don't know anything right now. The last twenty-four hours have been like a dream. I still need to call and reschedule my interview."

"Did we lose you?" Scott asked laying his head against the back of the sofa.

"No," she whispered. "And that's kind of freaking me out."

"So you're still listening," Ryan asked hopefully.

"Yes," she answered and then paused trying to find the right words. "Married and together. I don't understand how it works. Do we rotate days on a calendar or what?"

"And she jumped right to the sex!" Ryan exclaimed. "Damn, she's perfect."

"Hold on Ry," Scott said as he sat up and stared at Connor. "Ella, baby, do you understand what we mean by all of us together?"

"Suddenly, I'm thinking I don't," she answered. "Sharing a room?"

"Sharing a bed," Connor clarified. "At times. At other times, it would be the traditional one on one."

Ella chewed on the inside of her cheek before she answered, "Ok, I don't understand."

"Not a porn fan?" Ryan asked with a wink.

"So how did you get the big house back? You told me about the stables and B&B."

"And just like that, she jumped off the sex," Scott muttered.

"Careful negotiations," Connor answered ignoring his brothers.

"But Ryan said something about a foreclosure."

"I never said we negotiated with the owners," Connor explained. "I learned at a young age that everyone has a pressure point and pressure points require more skill than strength."

Ella watched his expression hardened as he spoke. Last night's dinner conversation and revolved around the antics of a mischievous child. She understood now how he had grown up with the same skill but with the advantage of an education combined with money, he would be the wrong person to cross on any battlefield.

"Three men, Ella," Connor said as he redirected the conversation. "One has your mouth, another has your pussy and the third has your ass. At the same time. And then if you're still conscious, we might change places and have you again."

"Jeez, Connor," Ryan groaned. "Are you trying to scare her?"

"Does she look scared? She's sitting here listening to our proposal but trying to make us believe she's the only person who never sneaked a peek at porn," he said in exasperation. "What next? Is she a virgin, too?"

"What if I am?" Ella responded and then froze when all three men straightened in their seats. She now knew how it felt to be the lost prey surrounded by hungry lions. She wanted to erase her last words although not sure why she should. "Uh, deal breaker?"

"No!" Ryan said with a little too much volume. "Definitely not."

"Not for me," Scott agreed pulling her closer.

"But it is a game changer," Connor said. "How long have you been sitting there with absolutely no clue what we've been discussing?"

"Including this very second? The entire time. When you explained how the three of you needed a wife, I assumed you wanted someone who would always be here for the children while one of you got a better tax deduction."

All three men were lost in thought stuck somewhere between her confession and the absurdity of revealing their lifestyle to a complete innocent. After a few moments of deadly silence, the room erupted into laughter

"So, Ella," Ryan finally said. "Do you want the B&B or is the meth kitchen calling your name?"