Life on Another Planet Ch. 14-18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers

"You've talked me into it. I'd like to stay in the local area if it's possible, but if nothing shows up, I'll have to spread my net a little further."

"This is a big city. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone looking for an ambitious, clean-cut young guy just like you."

"Hey ... you should be in sales," he kidded.

"It's easy to sell something you believe in. I just happen to believe in you," she smiled once more.

"Thank you. That's very flattering considering we don't know each other that well."

"Jesse, I think I know you better than you realize. I've seen more I like about you in the last week than I have in any other guy I've known. I'm amazed that some girl hasn't swept you up and kept you for herself."

"Hah!" he laughed. "I think you're getting a little carried away. I'm not perfect, believe me. If my parents were alive, they could give you chapter and verse about my imperfections."

"Maybe, but from where I sit, you look pretty good," she said seriously.

Jesse decided to turn the subject back to her.

"What was your plan when you came to Vancouver?"

"Well, to be honest, my first plan was to get out of Penticton. I didn't see a future in a small town, and the unmarried male population didn't impress me. So, I thought Vancouver would be a much better place to find a career and someone to share it with. I found my job fairly easily, and it could turn out to be a career. As far as someone to share my life with, it wasn't going very well until a certain Sunday when a guy stopped to help me. I'm feeling much better about my future now," she grinned.

"You have it all worked out that we are going to be a couple, eh?" he said, this time not in a light-hearted way.

She shrugged. "I know it's early, but my woman's intuition tells me you might be a serious candidate. I hope I'm not being too aggressive, Jesse. You kind of bowled me over when we first met. It took me a while to get my feet on the ground. I'm trying not to have rose-coloured glasses, but I am hoping," she said seriously.

Jesse almost laughed aloud. Three clichés in the same breath. Instead, he smiled.

"I think that's the wise thing to do. If we have a chance to get to know each better, we'll both be better able to decide if we have a future. I'm in no rush to set my future goals yet."

The subject changed again to a less serious topic. When Jesse looked at his watch, he was surprised.

"I may have kept you here too long for us to see a movie," he apologized. "Sorry about that. I guess we got talking, and sometimes I don't know when to shut up."

"That's okay. The meal was wonderful, and I really enjoyed the company and conversation. I feel like I've been talking with a mature adult, and that's a nice change all by itself."

"I'm glad," he said simply as he paid the bill, leaving a reasonable tip.

"Why don't we go back to my place? Marlie is staying over with her boyfriend, so we won't be disturbed." There was a sly smile on her lips as she made the suggestion.

Jesse smiled and nodded. "Sure."

Fifteen minutes later they arrived back at the older home. Jesse parked in the empty driveway and held the door for Joanna as she got out of the car. He was wondering where this evening was headed, but he didn't want to get his hopes up that it would turn out the way his first date with Sue had gone.

"I've got a little bit of wine if you'd like a glass. I'm going to have one," she said, stepping out of her shoes as Jesse took her coat.

"I guess I should be alright. We only had the one glass and that was more than two hours ago," he said with a smile.

Jesse took a seat on the sofa as he waited for Joanna to return with the wine. She wore a warm smile as she passed him a glass and took a seat beside him, curling her feet up under her.

"To us," she said, leaning in to gently clink her glass with his.

"To us," Jesse replied cautiously, still wondering what might come next.

Joanna had hoped she could stretch the dinner beyond the start of the movie. She really didn't want to watch a film if she could entice Jesse back to her apartment. Marlie was gone ... probably for the weekend, and that would give her plenty of opportunity to spend some "personal time" with Jesse.

She had spent quite some time talking to Sue Chen and Sue had given her a pretty good insight into her former boyfriend. He was, she said, somewhat shy and cautious around women in general, and was amazingly naive and inexperienced as well. Sue said he told her that the only other sex he had had was with a former high school girlfriend and that it was only twice, both times in the back seat of a car.

Sue explained that she spent a good part of their early days teaching him what pleased a woman ... and it had nothing to do with money. If Joanna and Jesse hit it off, she said, she would be a very lucky gal. He was everything he seemed to be. In the opinion of Sue, that kind of guy was rare and should be guarded carefully against raids by other females. Joanna completely agreed with her.

Joanna smiled to herself as she sat close to Jesse on the old sofa. They'd pretty well talked out all the usual topics of conversation. The challenge for her now was to steer Jesse in the direction she wanted him to go ... toward her bedroom.

"Jesse, I'm no virgin, as you've probably guessed. I've had a few boyfriends whom I've had sex with. I don't want to turn you off, but I don't want to pretend I'm a virgin or totally a 'good girl,' if you know what I mean. But ... I want you. I want to find out if you're for real. I want to find out if you're as amazing as Sue said you were. Does that bother you?"

"Uhhm ... no, I don't think so. I mean, I'm a little surprised that Sue has been so ... open about us. But it doesn't sound like she was telling you I was no good."

"Oh ... no ... hah," she laughed. "She was definitely not telling me that. She was too busy bragging about you. You don't get it, do you? She thought you were the best. I mean, the best! I want some of that too. I'm a greedy little bitch, if truth be told. I want a guy who will make me feel like a real woman. Not like that thug, Eric. I want you, Jesse. I want a man, and for the first time in my life, I want the real thing."

"Oh ... okay ... I guess. I hope I don't disappoint you. You make it sound like I'm something special, though. I'm not, you know. You already know I don't have much experience with ... you know ... sex."

"There's only one way for me to find out, isn't there?" she grinned. "Now, come with me. It's time to take this to the bedroom. I don't want you to think of me as a total slut, but ... don't plan on leaving any time soon."

Jesse was past being surprised at the language and sexuality of the females of this era. He'd heard enough and seen enough to realize that sex was commonplace among young people ... far more common than it was in his time. But he was an adult now, and able to make his own decisions. Joanna was also an adult, so it was her decision to make as well. Besides ... he was looking forward to spending some intimate time with her.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 9am

Jesse awoke at his usual time of 6am, but with it having been a very short night, he fell back to sleep, his arm over the naked hip of Joanna English. When he awoke once more, he lay on his back, thinking about the night before ... including early that morning. Joanna had introduced him to what she called an "all nighter," and it was only the fact that both of them were too sore to continue that they surrendered to sleep somewhere after 2am.

She proved to be an energetic lover, completely different from Sue, yet very satisfied with Jesse's performance. They had tried a number of different positions and although they weren't anything Jesse wasn't familiar with, Joanna was very demonstrative and active when they were joined. She left no doubt that she not only enjoyed sex, but had a surprisingly large appetite for it. He doubted she could get a rise out of him more than twice, but she proved him wrong ... both times.

She was also quite vocal. It was good thing that her roommate Marlie wasn't in the next room and all the windows were closed. He was also surprised and somewhat taken aback with the crude language that she exhibited during sex. A lot of Anglo-Saxon four-letter expletives were a regular part of her commentary, urging him on. He wondered if he'd ever get used to just how crude she could be as she approached her climax. He had to admit, it did take something away from what was otherwise and exciting and stimulating evening.

He slipped out of bed, taking care not to disturb Joanna, and headed for the bathroom. By the time he'd finished showering and improving his breath with some of her mouthwash, she was showing signs of waking. It looked like it was going to be a slow process. As he sat on the edge of the bed, she reached for him and slipped a hand inside his briefs.

"I thought you were too sore," he said softly. He knew he was.

"Just bringing back good memories. You're a hell of a stud, Jesse. That was a night to remember. I can't wait until next Saturday," she said with a sleepy smile.

"Sorry, but it's my only free night ... especially a night that lasts as long as this one did."

"I guess I'll just have to suffer until then," she said with a pretend sorrowful look.

Jesse was uneasy as he drove toward the apartment. First of all, he needed to apologize to Eve for not letting her know he wouldn't be home last evening. It wasn't planned and by the time Joanna let him know he was expected to stay, it was too late to call her. However, Eve did know he was out on a date, so perhaps she'll understand when he explained what happened. And he would explain.

The cause of his uneasiness was Joanna. There was something about her that worried him. She was definitely uninhibited and very demanding when it came to sex. There were no tender moments. No cuddling or petting. It began and ended with sex. She had a generous supply of condoms in her bedside table drawer and Jesse assumed they had been for his predecessor, Eric. There was no need to use the three he had brought with him. He originally thought about not bringing any, since he didn't expect what happened to occur quite so soon. As it turned out, it didn't matter.

So, as he drove, he realized last night was just a physical exercise. There was no element of romance that he could remember. He wondered what Eve would think. He shared some intimate details with her when he was dating Sue, and knew that she wouldn't share that information with anyone. That was the great thing about Eve. He could talk to her, telling her about his hopes and fears. He could discuss intimate matters with her and not feel he was upsetting her. They had developed a rare relationship. She wasn't his mother, whom he loved unreservedly; she was someone quite unique and trusted.

"Good morning," he said sheepishly as he entered the apartment. Eve was sitting on the sofa, reading the morning paper.

"Good morning," she smiled knowingly. "Have a nice date?"

"Uhhm ... well ... I'm not sure. I'm sorry I didn't call and let you know I was staying over at Joanna's. I didn't expect to and by the time she suggested it, it was too late to call. I apologize."

"That's alright, Jesse. I was a little worried that something might have happened, but I was pretty confident that I would have heard about it by the time I went to bed."

"Yeah," he said. "If it happens again, I'll call anyway, just to let you know."

"Do you think it will happen again?" she smiled.

"Possibly, but I'm not sure I want it to," he admitted. "I was wondering what you will think about what happened with Joanna last night."

She put down her paper and curled her feet under her on the sofa. "Tell me about it."

Jesse stammered and stuttered before beginning. "We never did get to see a movie. We had dinner and talked for a while. It was all very nice and we got to know each other better. When it was too late for the movie, she suggested we go back to her place. She made it known that her roommate was away for the night. I kind of wondered if she was thinking what I thought she was. I was surprised. I didn't expect that on a first date."

"I assume you weren't expecting her to offer sex, right?"

Jesse nodded. "I mean, she dressed very conservatively ... not sexy, you know. And our conversation wasn't at all about our sex lives. Then, when we got to her apartment, she offered me a glass of wine and proceeded to get very affectionate. I didn't have to be hit upside the head to figure out what she planned. The next thing I knew, we were in bed and having sex. No foreplay or anything, just ... just right to it," he said with a frown.

"She was pretty wound up by the sound of it," Eve commented.

"It was more than that. We just went at it like a couple of rabbits. I'm ashamed to say I was right there with her too. It was a pretty wild night, Eve. She just wore me out. When I woke up this morning, I realized it was nothing like the sex I had with Sue. Joanna was very physical and very demanding. She didn't want any of that lovey-dovey stuff. She just wanted sex."

"Oh ... I see. And you're not very comfortable with that?"

He shook his head. "No ... I'm not. I feel like I was being used. I'm not sure I want to go through anything like that again. At first it was exciting, but now ... thinking back on it ... I don't feel good about it."

Eve smiled. "You keep surprising me, Jesse. That's a very mature attitude for one as inexperienced and young as you. I think you're right, too. I don't think Joanna is right for you if that is her normal behaviour. She has some issues about self-worth to work out if I'm reading it right. I'm not trying to tell you who you should or shouldn't date, but it sounds to me like you understand what you do and don't want in any relationship with the opposite sex."

Once again, Jesse nodded. Eve had summarized his situation quite accurately.

"Yeah ... well ... now I'll have to think of how to go about telling her I don't want to see her again."

"My suggestion is to be honest with her. Tell why you are uncomfortable with her. At least then your conscience is clear."

"Thanks, Eve," he sighed. "That's what I'll do, but I'm not looking forward to it."

"No ... I'm sure you aren't, but it's the better way," she said with a sad smile.

Monday, January 23, 2012 7:30pm

"What do you mean you don't want to see me any more?" Joanna spat angrily. "What's the matter, aren't I good enough for you? Don't I fit well with your penthouse lifestyle?"

"It's not that, Joanna. I just don't think we are right for each other. I didn't get any strong feeling from you, either. I got the impression I was just there for the sex."

"So what! It's what every guy wants, isn't it?" She was almost shouting into the phone.

"No ... I mean ... not that way. Not for me. I wasn't expecting to have sex on our first date. I really wanted to get to know you better first. You surprised me and when I went home Sunday morning, I kind of knew we weren't really right for each other. I'm sorry, but that's the way I feel," he said sadly.

"Well, you are one for the books, Jesse. I give you everything a guy could want and it isn't good enough. Well let me tell you, Jesse Peterson, it was plenty good enough for the other guys I've had. I don't know what you think it should have been like, but I thought I gave you everything you wanted. You sure as hell didn't turn me down that night."

"I'm sorry, Joanna. I don't want to argue with you. I'm sure you'll find a guy who is just right for you. But I don't think it will be me. I'm sorry you're unhappy with me, but I guess that's the way we'll have to leave it. Goodbye," he said sadly, hanging up.

"How did it go?" Eve asked a few minutes later as he wandered into the great room.

"Not very well. She was angry and let me know it. I tried to be polite and explain, but she wasn't listening. I guess I'll have to find myself another girlfriend," he said, showing a wrinkled smile.

"You won't have the slightest bit of trouble with that," she smiled. "You may not have been right for Joanna, but I know Sue thought you were something special and you thought the same about her."

"True," Jesse agreed. "I guess I was expecting another Sue, but that's not what I got. My girlfriend radar wasn't working properly with Joanna."

Chapter 17 Discovery

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7pm

"Jesse, I have something to tell you," Eve said as they finished up putting away the dishes from the evening meal. "I believe I've found your sister, Roberta."

Jesse looked at her in surprise. "You have! Is she still alive? Where is she?" he asked, rattling off the questions before Eve could answer.

"She's in Scottsdale, Arizona. Her name is Roberta Turner and she is married to a man named Kevin Sullivan. Apparently she kept her married name from her deceased husband, the doctor. I think we should talk before we make any attempt to contact her."

"Okay," he said, absently. The shock of finding someone from his previous life was more than he could absorb immediately.

"Why don't we discuss this when Mica has gone to bed? We won't be interrupted then."

"Okay," he said again, still trying to grasp that his sister was alive in living in the United States. But when he spent a few moments thinking about the situation, he realized why Eve was exhibiting cautiousness. How would he approach Roberta after all these years? Would she even recognize him? And more importantly, would she believe that it was really him, and not some impostor. He had no idea how to go about reintroducing himself to her.

"I want to see her," Jesse said as they two sat on the sofa later than evening.

"I understand, but we have to think about how to do this. I'm convinced she will recognize you, but I don't know how she will react. I think she might believe you are just a look-alike ... or perhaps a distant relative that she was unaware of. It's going to take some planning to keep this from becoming a bad situation."

Jesse nodded, thinking that it will be difficult to make his sister understand what had happened to him.

"I'm hoping she has some pictures and things from my old life, especially my parents and grandparents. I really need something to hang on to from my past ... and maybe for my sanity," he said, not looking at Eve.

"I'm sure she would have that at least," she reassured him. "I'm wondering how we should go about this. I will need to be there with you to verify who you are."

"Yeah ... yeah ... that's right. You will be important in convincing her. What about her husband?" he wondered.

"I don't know. I'd rather he was not involved, but I'm not sure how to separate them. I need my investigator to do a little more digging into them. I've asked him to find out their usual habits away from their home. They live in a gated community for people 55 and older, so he may be able to find out more from the people who run the place. I'll leave it up to him to decide how to do it."

"I'm glad he's found her," Jesse said with a smile. "I didn't think I'd ever be able to make a connection with my family again. I want to talk to her about what happened when I got sick. What happened to our parents? What kind of life did they have after I died? So many questions I want to ask her."

Eve smiled. "I'm sure there are. But first, we have to find a way to meet her on her own. Once we know how to do that, we can plan to go there. Okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah ... sure."

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8pm

"I had my investigator call me at the office today," Eve said. "He sent me a report on your sister's activities over the past ten days and it looks like there is a pattern we can take advantage of. Apparently, she and her husband play golf each Sunday afternoon at their club, but Kevin plays with a men's group each Thursday mid-morning until about three in the afternoon. That would be the ideal time to approach her."

coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers