Life on Another Planet Ch. 14-18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,601 Followers

"I'm just lucky I have a nice young man living nearby that I can borrow," she smiled, looking over at Jesse.

Jesse had listened to the conversation and wondered if there wasn't a solution for this store's problem. Full service was always more effective than hiring random outfits to do simple tasks. In the meantime, he had his hands full of screws and table legs and almost had the table top ready to put on the dolly.

"Excuse me, Mr. McCurdy. Would you have some cardboard I could use to protect the table?"

"Yes, of course. Come with me. I know I have some in the back of the store."

A few minutes later, Jesse had the table top shrouded in cardboard and taped to hold it in place. He was able to lift the top onto his dolly and they gingerly moved it out of the store to the parking lot and into the SUV. Jesse lowered the back seats to give the necessary room for the top, placed the legs and a package of screws in the hatch under the floor in the back, and they were on their way back to the apartment building. He made a quick pit-stop at the local hardware store to purchase a larger Robertson head screwdriver before returning to the apartment building.

Within a few minutes, they had arrived at the underground parking spot, unloaded the dolly, then the table top, and were on their way to the elevator. Fortunately, it fitted in the cabin with enough room for the two of them as well. The worst of the effort was done. Jesse installed the legs and set the table up in Mrs. Coultard's kitchen/dining area and made sure it was steady.

"There, all done," he grinned.

"Thank you so much, Jesse. You are such a big help to me. Here," she said, handing Jesse a fifty dollar bill.

"Oh, no, Mrs. Coultard, I couldn't take that from you. We're neighbours and where I come from, you don't charge neighbours for doing a favour. Maybe the next time you make a cake or some of those really great chocolate chip cookies, I could be bribed," he grinned.

Ellen Coultard was shaking her head. "Jesse, you have the same values that my husband had. When you helped out a neighbour, you didn't expect anything in return expect a thank you. I wish those days were still with us. Thank you again. I'm so lucky to have a nice young fellow like you as a neighbour."

"I'm pretty lucky to have a nice lady like you for a neighbour," he grinned. "Good neighbours are hard to come by sometimes."

She nodded, "So true."

To Be Continued

coaster2
coaster2
2,601 Followers