Lindsey and Rob and...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The blond grinned and held out his hand to me. As I shook his hand, he wrapped his fingers around my palm and held it, saying, "Lindsey, my name is Tom and I am very glad to make your acquaintance." There was a slight accent to his deep voice, maybe Australian I think. There was also something familiar about him but I couldn't think why.

"Suzie, I'm Ned," said the other one. "Excuse for me for a moment." He left and shortly returned with two more chairs, sliding one over to Tom who snatched it and placed it next to me.

I nervously glanced at him and he smiled taking my hand in his. "Lindsey, hope you don't mind my saying but you're an extremely beautiful woman." Blushing, I demurely said, "Thank you." He rubbed my hand and I became self-conscience that he was stroking my ring finger, bare since I removed my wedding rings before leaving Suzie's apartment. I peeked at my left hand, captured in his, and tried to see if there were any tell-tale evidence on my finger from my rings. I couldn't tell but didn't believe there were. Why was I so concerned? I wasn't going to do anything more than maybe dance with him.

Ned took over the table with his banter and jokes. After a few minutes, he had us both in stitches from his stories and antics. Suddenly, he grabbed Suzie's arm and said, "Let's dance!"

"Let's do it," she cried and they boogied their way onto the floor.

"What do ya say, Lindsey? Want to twirl a bit on the floor?" Tom looked at me with those crystal blue eyes of his and all I could do was nod. I found myself twisting to old Tina Turner piece with Tom dancing circles around me. This was what I needed, Rob no longer on my mind.

The next number was a slow jazz by Warren Hill, the saxophone softly stirring the ambiance with promises of romance and possibilities. Tom pulled me into him and held my waist. His other hand took mine and held it close between us nestled against the soft curve of my right breast. I rested my head on his shoulder and could feel all the tension and anxieties from the past couple of months slip away. Yes, this is exactly what I wanted.

"Lindsey?"

"Ye...?" I didn't finish my question. As I turned to him, he kissed me and...I returned his kiss. It was a long kiss. He gently pulled away, staring into my eyes and I anxiously looked around. I saw Suzie watching us and smiling. When she caught me looking at her, she nodded and winked. I flushed and turned away...back into his lips. This time, he softly slid his tongue between my lips, against my teeth. For an instant, I thought about pushing him away but surprised myself when I allowed him entry. His tongue slipped over mine and caressed the surface. Soon, I was sliding my tongue between his lips. The soft romantic music, his caresses, our intimate kiss, I quickly became drenched between those traitorous thighs of mine. I had to stop this.

"Uh...Tom, I'm sorry but...but I would like to go back to our table. Okay?" I moved away from him, his face showing disappointment and, strangely enough, almost satisfaction.

"Okay," he simply said and escorted me back to our table.

While we walked off the floor, Rob was back in my head. What would he do if he knew I was here, with Tom? I didn't want to think about it. I loved Rob so much but he just wasn't there. But, Tom was here and was obviously interested in me. I had to admit, I was very attracted to him. It would be so easy to be with him but...he wasn't Rob.

"Lindsey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for asking. I just...have issues I guess."

"No problem. You need to talk to someone about it?"

"No...yes, I...I don't know...maybe."

Tom laughed and shook his head. "Girl, you do have issues. What are you drinking?"

"Uh...how about a Vodka Collins?" I asked.

"Comin up," he grinned and left for the bar.

"Hey, girlfriend...where'd ya go?" Suzie came bouncing up to the table, Ned in tow.

"I...I had to take a rest, how you guys doing?"

Ned smiled and said, "Great! God, she's a live wire, ain't she?" He wrapped his arms around her kissing her neck from behind.

"Oh yes, that she is! That she is!" I quipped.

Tom returned with drinks setting mine in front of me. We spent the rest of the evening drinking and dancing, my misgivings slowly dissolving into liquid courage. After a couple of hours, Suzie was the first one to say it, I could have killed her.

"Hey, let's move this party to my place!" she exclaimed.

Both Ned and Tom glanced at each other smiling. When he turned to me, I would have sworn a flicker of sadness shown in his eyes.

Ned said, "Brilliant! We'll ride with you guys."

"Excuse me a moment, guys, I have use the little girls room." As I moved from the table, I turned to Suzie who was ogling Ned. "Suzie? SUZIE!" Suzie snapped out of her reverie and glared at me. "I need to go to the bathroom, now!" I emphasized once more for her benefit.

"Okay...okay," she said and followed me, the guys chuckling.

Once in the restroom, I spun on her and demanded to know what the hell she was doing?

"What? What's wrong with going to my apartment?"

"Come on Suzie, you can't be that dense. I'm married or did you just conveniently forget that little fact?"

"No, of course not. You don't have to do a thing, Lin. But, I do and it would have been rude to exclude Tom. Your car's at the complex so you can leave any time, okay? God, what's with you? Don't forget why you came in the first place, to have a little fun and get away from that dunce of a husband! Remember?"

"Yes, I know...but that doesn't include leaving with another man and...Rob is not a dunce of a husband!"

"Bullshit, Lin! If he was a loving husband, he would be paying more attention to you. Did you ever consider he may have something on the side?" "What the fuck are you talking about, Suzie?"

"Get real, girlfriend. Rob is cheating on you! He's been seeing another woman."

"Rob would never do that and you know it. Rob would never, ever cheat on me. Go to hell, Suzie!"

I turned to run out but she grabbed me and swung me around. Staring into my eyes, she said, "I saw him."

"Wha...what do you mean you saw him?"

"I mean, I saw Rob with another woman, a sexy looking brunette and they seemed very friendly with each other."

"You're lying, Suzie...Rob would never..."

"Okay, don't believe me, makes no difference to me." Suzie turned and left leaving me standing there, shock on my face. He couldn't, I thought. Rob wouldn't do that to me. But, he has been gone a lot, always working late at work. Sometimes, he would be away for a few days, supposedly at a job site. No...no, stop thinking that way, I thought angrily.

When I returned, Suzie, Ned and Tom were waiting for me. Reaching for my drink, I swigged down the last few drops and followed them from the club. I did not like where this was going.

***********

Rob watched as the four left the Boogie. He knew where they were headed, heard every word spoken. The small transmitter he placed in Lindsey's purse was working perfectly. He wanted to kill Suzie right now, telling those lies to his wife. He knew she was trying to get even with him for refusing her and taking Lin away.

He was still smarting from watching Lin dance with Tom. Oh, Rob knew Tom; he knew both Tom and Ned. After all, they were friends and co-workers with him and it wasn't a coincidence they were at the Boogie. He arranged for them to be waiting at the front when Suzie and Lin arrived at the club. Tom recognized Lindsey right away. He had met her once with Rob at a company social. Tom was at first worried she would remember him but Rob assured him she wouldn't, and he was right...she didn't.

Rob had specifically asked Tom to try and make a play for Lin but to only go so far. He left it up to Tom to decide how far to take it but no further than close to actually fucking her. Rob wanted to see if Lin would really go for it or would her love for him keep her from doing something stupid.

Tom was willing but said, "Rob, you're my friend and we work together. I remember Lindsey as being a beautiful woman and envied you. Now, you want me to seduce her but...not all the way. Rob, that's going to be very hard for me, I'm just warning you, understand?"

Rob recalled numbly nodding and said, "Tom, do what you have to do, let her decide. At least I know she will be safe with you."

But, he didn't figure on what Suzie told Lin. That might change things. Starting the car, he headed for Suzie's.

***********

I sat in the back with Tom as Ned sat next to Suzie while she drove. Tom was ever the gentleman but Ned was unquestionably having fun up front. I could see between the bucket seats as his hand would travel over to her and settle on her thigh. Suzie would giggle as he caressed her stockings upwards until his hand disappeared beneath her skirt. Soon, her hand was exploring the rather noticeable bulge of his jeans.

As I watched these front seat Olympics, Tom slipped his arm around my shoulders and stroked my arm. Damn it, it felt...good. It wasn't long before his fingers were trailing up and down, every now and then grazing my breast. I shivered when his thumb delicately graced my hardened nipple. I looked up into those eyes and he leaned down and placed his lips over mine, his other hand gently touching my cheek.

When I moaned, he gently cupped my breast, tenderly squeezing it. I felt him slowly unclasp the first three buttons pulling aside my blouse revealing my lacy satin white bra. His fingers slid under the cup and palmed the smooth flesh of my breast, a finger pressing against my nub.

My mind couldn't function. All I knew was the building lust from within and Tom recognized my longing. By now, his tongue was exploring, twisting inside my mouth. He slid his hand from my bra and moved to release the front clasp when Suzie yelled out, "We're here!" Tom quickly removed his hand and, still holding me, pulled away. As Suzie pulled into the underground parking, I buttoned up my blouse and trembled with fear at how close I came to surrendering myself to his desire. I had to get home; I had to get back to Rob.

Suzie was really enjoying herself with Ned and would send sultry looks to me and Tom. "Mmmm, you two look so good together," she crooned and beamed when Ned laughed and said, "You guys do make a sexy couple."

I knew she was right but I frowned at her and shook my head. Suzie would only laugh and, holding Ned, sauntered up the walkway to her apartment. I had to follow; my other clothes were at her place. Once inside, Suzie immediately asked if anyone wanted some wine, both Tom and Ned saying yes.

"Come on, Lin, at least have one glass of wine with us," she said.

Tom had moved up behind me and wrapped his arms around me kissing me on the neck. "Please, Lindsey...don't go. Have a drink with me."

Nestled within his arms, his lips on my throat, I could only nod in agreement.

"Great! You guys just relax while I get some glasses and the bottle." Suzie ran into the kitchen, Ned in pursuit.

Tom continued to run his lips up and down my neck and onto my shoulders. "Mmm...god you taste so good Lindsey!" My hands held his over my waist. I'm sure he thought it was to hold him but actually I wanted to prevent him from seeking the more intimate areas of my body. I groaned as he nibbled on my earlobe and pulled his hands free from my grasp.

He turned me around pulling me tight against him, his lips seeking mine. His left hand moved over my skirt kneading my ass cheeks as his right stroked the back of my neck. Damn it, Lindsey! My mind screamed as I felt the heat build inside my sex. His hand dipped past the hem of my dress and up onto the bare flesh of my upper thigh.

"Oh yes, I knew the two of you were good for each other!"

I jumped and pushed away from Tom and turned to see Suzie and Ned standing in the room watching us. Suzie had a knowing smile on her face and I ran into the bedroom, closing the door. I found my other set of clothing and pulled off my dress. As I stood there, in my bra and panties pulling my jeans from the bed, the door opened and Tom stepped in.

"Tom, please...leave."

"Lindsey, I don't think you want me to leave...do you?"

I didn't say anything as he slowly made his way over to me. I closed my eyes and prayed.

************

Rob sat in his car just outside of Suzie's complex. "Christ, why am I sitting here," he whispered. I should head home. Tom and Ned will call to tell me their results with the girls, he thought. Thinking of Lin with Tom caused Rob to close his eyes and swear, "Son of a bitch, why is she doing this to me!"

But, he knew why. Lindsey had warned him over and over again. They both understood all the hard work necessary to succeed in the company but, now, he realized he failed to consider their time together. Wasn't that what marriage was all about, give and take, loving each other? But, she should have demanded...with crystal clarity, Rob realized she had demanded he pay attention to her. That's why she's in that fucking apartment with that bitch.

His shoulders slumped; Rob decided he should just leave...head home. He started the engine and angrily jammed the gear shift into drive. As he began to pull onto the road, he slammed on the brakes. "Fuck this," he roared.

Rob parked and got out of the car. He marched into the complex stopping at Suzie's door. He could hear music and laughter from inside causing his anger to grow. He knocked on the door and waited. The music grew louder but he didn't hear anymore laughter. He knocked again but still no answer. Finally, he slammed his fist against the door pounding against it hard enough to rattle the windows. The music ceased and he saw a face peek out through the blinds, Suzie's shocked face, the word 'shit' formed on her mouth.

"Go away Rob, Lin's not here!" she yelled.

"Fuck you, Suzie...open this god damn door or I'll break it down!"

"I'm calling the cops, Rob!"

"Like I fucking care...either open this door or get Lindsey, one or the other...now!"

The door cracked open, the security chain still in place. Ned's face appeared. He whispered, "What the fuck you doing, Rob. I thought this is what you wanted?"

"Not anymore, Ned. Get Lindsey!"

"Can't, she's not here."

"Don't fuck with me, Ned; I know she's in there. I saw her go in with Tom."

"I swear, Rob, she's gone. She ran out of her no more than five minutes ago. Tom tried to stop her. He was worried because she was so upset. I stayed with Suzie. Shit man, you didn't tell me what a hot little number she is!"

"Fuck her and fuck you. Get Lindsey!"

Ned moved away and Rob heard the two of them yelling. "We gotta let him in, let him see she isn't here," pleaded Ned.

"Fuck him," said Suzie. He's not coming in here and Lindsey can do what she damn well pleases with Tom."

"What the fuck you talking about, Suzie. They both left. Lindsey's not here and neither is Tom. What's going on with you?"

Rob could hear the rage in her voice as she screamed at Ned, "Fuck all you assholes! Get out...get the fuck out of my apartment, now! I already called the cops; they'll be here any minute."

I could hear rustling and movement and suddenly the door opened. Ned, holding his shoes, his shirt still unbuttoned stepped out. Looking at me he said, "Jesus Christ, she's a fucking loony-toon! Maybe it's a good thing you showed up. What's her problem, Rob? It's obvious she hates you."

"Ned, you telling me the truth? Lindsey's not here?"

"No man, I mean...yeah, she's not here and I was telling you the truth. She took off. Tom only followed her to make sure she was okay, she was pretty upset. Uh...Rob, Tom really tried to put the make on her. I almost thought he was gonna succeed. But, then, she suddenly went kinda nuts, started screaming and Tom came running out of Suzie's bedroom. A minute later, she ran out with Suzie yelling for her to come back. She stopped, ran back and I thought she was gonna beat the shit of Suzie. Suzie backed away and Lindsey screamed for Suzie to never call her again, they were through. Then, she hauled ass and split. I don't know if Tom ever caught up to her."

Rob was confused but breathed a sigh of relief. "We better get out of here in case that bitch did call the cops," he said.

Rob thought...why didn't I see her leave. She should have passed me. As he and Ned left the complex, they found Tom waiting by Rob's car.

"Hey bud, give us a ride back to the Boogie?" Tom had a worried look and nervously glanced at Rob.

Rob stared at him before nodding and said, "Yeah...sure, hop in."

As they drove to the Boogie, Tom told Rob what happened. "Rob, I'm sorry but I really tried to get into her pants. God, Lindsey is one of the most beautiful and sexy women I've ever met. For a moment, I thought I had her but then she freaked. I should tell you about the club."

"Don't have to, I was there. I saw it all."

"Fuck, look Rob...I'm sorry. We still friends? We going to be good at work?"

Rob stared ahead, watching the road. Finally, he said, "Yeah, we're good. I can't blame you. She had that effect on me too. Don't tell me anything else, please.

Tom looked at his friend and could see the anguish in his face. "Rob, at least think of this. Just when I thought I was home free, she stopped me and said three words, 'I love him.' That's when I stopped and she left. I chased after her only to make sure she was alright. That's all. She loves you Rob, she loves only you."

Rob pulled up to the Boogie and dropped both of them off. Before Tom walked off, he turned and said, "Talk to her."

"I will, thanks Tom. I may hate you tomorrow but...thanks."

Tom smiled and as they walked away, Ned smacked him on the back. "Pay up, I told you she wouldn't."

Rob pulled away from the curb and started home. He had some serious thinking to do and before he went home, he stopped off at the Hole in the Wall, a local tavern. The bar was quiet tonight as he claimed the bar stool farthest away.

"Hey Rob, long time no see," said Jake from behind the counter.

"Hi, Jake...how's things tonight?"

"As you can see, pretty slow. What'll ya have?"

"Just give me a beer for now, later who knows."

Jake stared at his long time customer and shook his head. "What's wrong? Lindsey?"

"Yeah, we had some issues come up. Jake, let me ask you something. She and I both agreed years ago, it would be rough for the both of us. I put everything into my work so that we could succeed and have the things we always wanted. Now, she's not satisfied, I'm not paying any attention to her, I'm always leaving her alone at home and I'm always working when I am home."

Rob looked forlorn, lost as he watched the foam fade from his beer. "Now, tonight...she snuck out with an old girlfriend that tried to get him hooked up with some guy. They went out dancing and drinking after she told me she was going out with her sister for the evening. She ended up going back to her girlfriend's apartment with a guy from the Boogie."

Jake listened to the heartache in Rob's voice. "Where is she now?"

"I...I'm not sure but I think she's home."

"I thought she was with this guy."

"Seems she left. I decided I wasn't going to just stand by and let her slut herself out, not while we were still married. When I got there, she had already left. But, who knows what happened while she was there."

The bartender looked at him and pondered what to say next. He looked away and said, "Excuse me a minute, got another customer to take care of."

Rob finished his beer and was about to ask for another when Jake came back with one and said, "From a customer down the other end of the bar. Good lookin one too!"

Rob turned to see who bought him the beer but the counter was empty. "Where?"

"Ah...well, she was there a moment ago. Hell, where'd she go?"