Lindsey and Rob and...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
muirmadra
muirmadra
541 Followers

Rob grabbed the bottle and sucked down nearly half its contents. "Go easy there, Rob. Ya want to get home safe, don't ya?"

"Jake, with all due respect, right now I don't much give a rat's ass."

"Well, just think on this. She didn't go through with it, did she?"

"No, but she lied to me. She snuck out and took off with that bitch of a girlfriend. I don't know if I can trust her anymore."

"Okay, I can understand that," said Jake "but, put yourself in her place. How would you feel if the love of your life felt her job was more important than you? Would you understand if she decided she needed to put all her efforts in the work and not leave anything for you? I don't know about you Rob, but, I sure wouldn't like it and would probably do something to make her take notice." Jake snatched the empty beer glass off the counter and moved away, his eyes focused just behind Rob as he left.

Rob heard the stool to his right slide out and someone sit down. He downed another mouthful of the ale and when he placed the bottle on the counter saw a woman's slender fingers holding a beer. The ring finger was adorned with very familiar wedding rings. He followed the hand up the arm and to the face he had for so long cherished, tears running down her cheeks.

"I...I am so sorry Rob. I feel so ashamed of lying to you, of agreeing to go out with Suzie. Will you ever forgive me? I'll never lie to you again. I will tell you everything, I am so...so very sorry."

Rob just stared at her. He couldn't speak. Lindsey took his silence as a sign and moved off the stool. She reached out and touched his arm before turning away to leave.

*************

My life was over. I had lost him, all because I was stupid and selfish. I knew he would be at the Hole in the Wall and waited in the dark parking lot until I saw him drive up. I lingered in the car before going in, I was so afraid of what he would do, would say to me.

When I finally got up the courage to go in, I saw him sitting at the far end of the counter. Dear god, he looked so beaten, so lost. My heart ached seeing what I had done. The bartender was listening to whatever Rob was saying, probably about me. I moved to the opposite end and the bartender saw me.

When he arrived, I asked for the same thing Rob was having. When the bartender brought it, I also paid for another round for Rob. He raised his eyebrow and nodded. When he left, I slid off the stool and hid by the bathrooms.

I watched as he brought Rob the beer and they both looked for me. I was afraid. Before the bartender left Rob, I was able to hear what he said. Somehow, it gave me the courage to face my demons and sit next to my husband.

As I moved up onto the stool, I thought of what Suzie had said about him. I now recognized what she tried to do, to drive a wedge between me and my love. He would never cheat on me.

When Rob looked at me, I sobbed and said, "I...I am so sorry Rob. I feel so ashamed of lying to you, of agreeing to go out with Suzie. Will you ever forgive me? I'll never lie to you again. I will tell you everything, I am so...so very sorry." All he did was just stare, never saying a word.

Now, I knew. There would be no forgiving. I started to leave before I lost all control and had walked several feet before I heard him call my name. It was so faint, I wasn't sure I had really heard it. I stopped but didn't turn around, I was so terrified. Then, I felt his hands on my arms turning me around. His eyes were full of tears but he was smiling, his face glad. My hopes soared seeing that. He drew me into his arms and I started crying uncontrollably, my body shaking.

I felt his fingers glide through my hair as he whispered, "I love you Lin, more than you could ever know. I am so sorry for not listening to you. It seems we both have some forgiving to do."

I could only nod and sniffle as he gently wiped the tears from my eyes. He leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips. Oh god, how I loved his lips on mine. There is no comparison, I know that now.

Kissing me on the forehead, he said, "Let's go home."

muirmadra
muirmadra
541 Followers