All Comments on 'Lips of an Angel'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

CRAP!

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

At least she wasnt a cuck

Emotionally abused her husband for years, but that was his issue to confront

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

These stories just keep getting better and better, even if this one was emotionally difficult to get through. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No on really worth a damn in this story, least of all the harpy tart he was married to.

This was painful to read. So much stupidity.

SystemShockSystemShockover 2 years ago

Well, wasn’t that just a long, winding road to nowhere?

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

What a sad story. Two broken marriages with not one happy person between them.

-

The biggest mistake Scott made was staying with Liz after she suffered a post-pregnancy psychological breakdown. It wasn't her fault that it happened, but she refused all his attempts to get her to seek help. That put their marriage in a death spiral, leading to his affair with Monica. After that, an unloving marriage turned into open psychological abuse.

-

Everything that happened with Mallory was a distraction from the fact that Scott and Liz's marriage should've ended at least a decade earlier.

"I chose wanting her no matter what."

Loving someone unconditionally is stupid. The woman he fell in love with died twenty years ago... and cheating on Liz with her best friend only helped transform his wife into a vindictive monster.

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

I slept after the first page, and that is always a bad sign...2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too disoriented

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

A good story because there were no heroes or villains, just people who didn’t know what they wanted, or had or how to love one another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No one is interested in this miserable shit. Loving Wives is for real writers or cucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do you actually know any men? Or women, for that matter. No, I think you're the kind that has lots of cats and talks to them.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

This was one hell of an emotional roller coaster read. Well put together but truly all the characters in shades of grey.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

The complexities in this possibly will elude some readers, but it is an amazing tale of how actions have consequences, even if they aren't the consequences we envisaged. Amazing storytelling as always.

chastenchastenover 2 years ago

I love these interwoven stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your first venture into the LW category was a failed mess. You should stick to what you do well, if this pile of trash gets an overall rating of 2 I'll be surprised.

justwetwojustwetwoover 2 years ago

I give you points for trying something new. But I have to ask for them back because I could not keep track of which woman the protagonist was talking about at almost any given time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolute bloody shite.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Thank God that’s finished. What a load of claptrap. It could’ve been better

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it. What a shitstorm. I can see where all of the characters (except the best friend in the open marriage) can all think they are victims here. No heroes Don't know which character I dislike the most. I think this story could generate a lot of discussion in an open group in person setting. Thanks for the story and the warning at the beginning. I was thinking "oh...oh..."

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Wow, don't like your ending- it left everything unfinished after all the hints/foreshadowing you gave us. BUT, absolutely fascinating the way you wove real life dialogue into every part of the story. Without anyone ever saying what they really meant, we still got reminded of the stark reality of how women can talk circles around us cavemen. Gonna have to read more of your stories.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Too much left hanging so I didn't care for the end but good writing.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago

I thought the story was excellent. It's a bit of a departure from other stories you've written, but no less amazing.

Even though the main character (Scott)... and many of the others in the story... were not very likeable, you did a terrific job of showing how someone can become that type of person. In fact, I didn't completely hate him by the end of the story. I kinda felt sorry for him, actually... despite how much of a jerk he was to Liz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you fuck up, move on and don't make the same mistake twice. Lousy story about stupid people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the others in this series and almost skipped this one because of the intro warning. Glad I didn’t as it really adds to the whole set. Perhaps best not read alone to those who commented negatively?.. Must say I have enjoyed all your work as varied as it is!

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Beautiful job. Emotionally taxing, and no character to love, but compelling as hell to read. 5*. Now I need a donut or some rocky road.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You've gotten five comments as of now, and three are unnecessarily rude. That's typical of this category. What most of the (male) readers want are cookie-cutter, thinly-characterized fairytales about morally upstanding husbands with evil cheating wives they eventually "burn" and triumph over. Those are the fairytales that keep these incels warm at night. It's their safety blanket. They can't grasp complexity or nuance and that's why they get butthurt over any story that deviates from their favorite tropes. Kudos to you for deviating and doing it so well. Your story is beautifully written. It subtly but accurately portrays how grey the real world is and how flawed the main character is. Ignore the butthurt whiners. You're a talented writer and this is a great story. Here are 5 big fat shiny stars, and I'll check out your other work.

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Tough to read and absorb but I'm hopeful the power stays off for a while. It creates great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Superb writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
all over the place

you need better transitions between whose side of which story you're trying to tell. It was very difficult to follow what was conversation versus thoughts, versus chronology. I give it two stars because it's too hard to enjoy it, reading it as it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding story about dysfunctional people and barley held together relationships. Very different LW tale, well told. 5

rnebularrnebularover 2 years ago

I think if read alone this story would have been tough to get through. As a companion to the others it was a great inspection of more flawed and lifelike characters that I couldn't stop reading. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

Rnebular

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

An excellent story by one of Lit's best authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never read anything related to this story before... This was a mess. Throw in all that italicized wanderings and it was just bad. I thought all the character dialog was stilted and hard to follow. I take that back. The prick kid was Spot On.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Was so excited to see that you have a new story out. It's not the type I usually enjoy, but I loved the fact that none of the characters were that likeable, and love how it continues your series of stories. There have been some nasty comments from angry men today, upset that yours aren't the sorts of stories they want, but they are the stories that I (& lots of others) want. You're amazing. Keep up the wonderful writing, I love it. Xx

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Have to give a high rating as it is a good and complete story. There are parts I question and there are some I agree with, most of all it speaks to the predictability of the masses. Yes there are too many things that happens that never leave your mind.

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

I can't believe I actually stayed and read through this. Not a good read. Fucked up.

WTFOWTFOover 2 years ago

Thank you for the third installment of the WTLGO storyline. You’re one of the very best authors on this site and I thank you for sharing your incredible talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

THAT'S the take-away? Some sad sack simp husband saying, "I fucked up"

Not just no, but HELL NO. She was abusive to him for TEN YEARS. Yes, he's a trash human being for cheating on her. YES, he deserves to be divorced. But she didn't divorce him, and he didn't leave her. She strung him along for ten brutally long years. She lied to EVERYONE about their marriage. She was an emotionally abusive monster, and neglectful.

He fucked up by being a sad little bitch about things. He should have HELD HIS HEAD UP HIGH when he left her. So he thought his lover was some damsel in distress and not some hoe that got smacked in the head for cheating on her man. So he's a bad judge of character. That makes him a horny idiot. And of course he's horny and sad, his wife made him a shell of his former self.

He's a fuck-up, for sure. But the ONLY thing he did right....ironically...is leave his wife. So for this story to have the take-away that his ONLY fuck-up was leaving his wife....is to totally ignore the entire story. It's just self destructive thinking. OH....AND LET'S NOT FORGET this woman got fucked INSTANTLY after leaving the house. She's either been fucking this guy on the down-low....or planning to for a long time. She's a fucking manipulative monster. Not an angel.

Do you know what HEALTHY victims of cheating do? They LEAVE. Sometimes they try to forgive...and it takes a long long time. But you don't have a replacement partner on standby while you refuse counseling and emotionally abuse your spouse for ten years. Fuck his soon to be ex-wife. She's a trainwreck.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Especially after the others.....

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I too found it a bit tough to read, so, sadly, I gave up.

Glad others could get through it though.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyover 2 years ago

Wow. Superb writing about flawed but compelling characters. Almost every major character is so well fleshed out, with their own motivations, desires, and insecurities. The dialog sounds pitch perfect, and each character has a unique voice that feels true to their personality.

The intentional vagueness of the italicized passages did a nice job of creating tension, because it wasn't immediately clear about whom Scott was speaking. This worked especially well to set up the twist that Liz was Scott's second wife and the original "other" woman, when the story proper had already established in the reader's mind that Mallory was the other woman.

The world you've created feels lived in and the characters feel like real people. Fantastic work. I look forward to checking out the other stories in your When The Lights Go Out series.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 2 years ago

Flawed, broken people fascinate me, and one could write essays on the ones you bring to life.

Five points, easily!

On a side note, I can never get enough of how talented you are, I drink from your every sentence and the way they just flow from one to the next. THIS is true craftmanship, can I be you when I grow up?

69gman69gmanover 2 years ago
Just simply powerful.. WOW

Yes, we are all flawed. Your ability to bring up strong emotions in your stories is amazing. This story sure stirred up a lot in me, just too close to some of my own reality.

liquid_yellowliquid_yellowover 2 years ago

excellent story! totally appreciate the different POV’s along with the spectrum of grey

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This sucks ass. You should stay over in the Literotica corner where you can cheat on your scores easier. There are too many readers who vote here.

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

Hello Anonymous!

"This sucks ass. You should stay over in the Literotica corner where you can cheat on your scores easier. There are too many readers who vote here."

If you think that MsCherylTerra has to cheat to get the scores that she has, you're an idiot. If anything, her scores are lower than what they should be. She is one of the best writers on Literotica. I'm not putting up qualifiers, I'm straight out saying it. If you don't include her in the very top tier of people submitting stories to Lit, you don't know what you're talking about.

You know who agrees with me? Many of the best writers on Lit. Many readers in the various categories she posts in. The voters for the 2020 Readers Choice awards, where she won 10 percent of all the categories (and took second or third in others).

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 2 years ago
Welcome to LW hell

It's a shame, but this is a good story that will be trashed by the LW Taliban.

You're writing is too good for this cesspool of readers and voters.

You could write war and peace and they would say it's terrible because it didn't involve a husband getting even.

And you did the unthinkable. The husband cheated. In their myopic universe, that never happens. Hypocrites the lot of them.

I gave you a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't usually read this category. I support Ms terras stories here and other places though so came to vote because it's a well crafted story even if the characters are unlikable. But holy fuck wow these comments. It's bad enough people coming to conclusions when they didn't bother even reading the other stories. But Ive talked to Ms terra before and she is so fucking NICE. It's sad to see all these personal attacks on a person that Nice by people who didn't like a story on a sex website. Please keep writing Ms terra. Ignore these people who say these things. We need more stories like this where things arnt easy to figure out and the answers aren't jusnthanded to people reading. We need more stories where people need to think. This category seems to be full of abusive women haters who are getting away with harassment and horrible things. I promise you there's way more people who love your work. But Shittttttt some people are horrible.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Tough read, but very well written story from on of the best pure writers for LW. Not one of the most popular, but one of the best. Like many other commentators, I don’t care much for vague, unfinished endings to complex stories. Your stories aren’t for everyone, and some folks just don’t like them. Luckily, most of the LW riff raff can’t make it through a story this long and complex.

Kalimaxos, another good writer, has a real dislike for some of the LW commenters, and for good reason. But to call them the LW Taliban is going a little too far. Coming from a fellow Veteran, it stings even more. Although my service was in Iraq, I fought the same people as my many friends who fought in Afghanistan. Some of them died fighting the real Taliban. Like the “woke”Democrats talking about the Texas Taliban, this is ridiculous thing to call people you disagree with. Under the Taliban there would be no Literotica to argue over. A large percentage of LW readers seem to be Vets, and most of us wouldn’t be around to read anyway. The cheating whores and adulterous women you like so much would have short lives. No cucks, hotwives, bisexuals, lesbians, or gay men would be allowed to live either. Pedophiles ,goat fuckers , and rapists would be normal. That’s the Taliban, not just some LW reader who doesn’t share your opinion . I’m sure MsCherylTerra is aware that not everyone appreciates her work, but she posts it in LW for everyone to read. That means everyone can comment too. The best authors just accept it and move on. Kal, you are one of those really good authors who sometimes writes unpopular stories, so I’m sure you can find a better word than Taliban for your admirers. Sorry for using your story for a soapbox MsTerra.

icenzicenzover 2 years ago

My wife says I’m the kind of guy who would watch porn for the storyline. Not that I don’t love the sex, but the story and emotions are what makes it compelling. And this story is compelling. The characters and their flaws and their decisions were what kept me going. This is probably one of the most close to real life stories I’ve ever read on here. I loved it! For me, it was like watching a movie in my mind. Gave it a 5. Oh, and the sex was super hot too btw!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 2 years ago

Not surprised. This author never ceases to impress. She has a gift for interpreting the human emotion. Great story. Five stars.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Exceptional writing, as expected. I was a bit torn on whether to start it or not after reading the "disclaimer", as multiple timeline stories often annoy me. I'm glad my faith in MsCherylTerra's writing was upheld. Excellently done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lakeside Park was tough to stomach and so was this story but I enjoyed the flawed characters though I would have loved a longer ending with more detail…especially Liz

Striderian1Striderian1over 2 years ago

So many ugly comments on a great story. Nothing in life is simple or easy, and anyone berating a wonderful author for a complex story where nobody is the hero and nobody is the villain should sod right off.

I was left completely unsettled at the end and am very happy with it.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

A great bit of writing (as usual) from MsCherylTerra; too bad other authors can't just enjoy and have to clutter up the comments with their personal vendettas. Take your soapbox home, Kal-Max.

ATasteForTheEroticATasteForTheEroticover 2 years ago

Wow!!! This was well written!!! I love how you can tackle this level of complexity while equipping it with the erotic lure aka smut that I generally crave. Definitely one of my fav authors now !!

SeanGregorySeanGregoryover 2 years ago

First I've got to say... I hated it. I hated it because the story is too true for a lot of people, I'm sure. I hated the truth that the decisions made by the protagonists are all too common and ultimately destructive. Now for my actual critique: this just might be the best conceptualized, the best developed and best written offering I've read on this site yet. MsCherylTerra, I'm afraid you might've set the bar a bit out of reach from a large segment of the authors posting to Lit today. Bravo, *****

kca915kca915over 2 years ago

Fantastic writing with complex, human characters, as usual. Exceptionally done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant story. A thrilling set (of these three stories) with very three-dimensional characters in a relatable and all too common situation. Not a light topic, but your writing really pulled me in. Loved it!

AdamdavidsonAdamdavidsonover 2 years ago

Dammit MsCherylTerra, I read everything you write as soon as it is published and each one outdoes the last. I write too and aspire to write something somewhere close to as good as you., but you keep raising the @#$& bar, Dammit! That said, keep it up! I really love your stuff and anxiously await your next submission.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

The writing is extremely well written. But the story was very painful to read. The outcome makes sense but is awful. I look forward to reading your next story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Women find it easy to sideline a man, even for years. She should have let him had his freedom rather than torture him for years. Forgiveness is always an illusion

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic

Ynotnow69Ynotnow69over 2 years ago

thank you for creating a fantastic world for us to peek into. This story was very well written( as all of your stories are) and I, for one, really embrace stories with flawed characters and ambiguous endings. It was a great story about real life people.

orestes08orestes08over 2 years ago

I'm not sure if the flashback scenes are meant to be deliberately confusing as to whom he is with in each, but I for one had no clue. And it took something away from my enjoyment of the story, which was overall quite good, to not know what was going on. It felt, to me at least, that it would have been improved with a little clarity as to when and who these scenes were with. Otherwise, it was a well told tale, and I did still enjoy it.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

Hard to follow in parts, but OK for the most part

viranderevirandereover 2 years ago

Would have been 5* if flashbacks weren't confusing.

Craig1878Craig1878over 2 years ago

I get that this isn't a rainbows and unicorns kind of story. The time lines were confusing at first. But I for the life of me can't see why this story would deserve a (4.12) rating. Thank you for another enjoyable read Ms Terra.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

I didn’t mind the flashbacks, you’ve gave us enough to realise who it was. Scott was an arsehole who got what he deserved imho, really liked the series, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I figured the ambiguous flashbacks were an intentional part of the story's structure, and VERY well-executed.

Sure, I'd love it if we all were happy poly people, ready to share pleasure without asserting ownership. But most people aren't, or at least haven't been socialized that way, and some people are badly broken. This story is a remarkable study of several such people. It didn't exactly leave me happy, but I'm glad I read it, and I don't think it deserves any less than five stars.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Gave

Gave up after three pages as I never knew who was who.Everyone was referred to as she.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad and poorly written and way too much jumping around and really hard to follow.

We gave up trying to read and follow the story.

Two sick weird people that need serious help. They must have helped to write the segmented story that cause us to just give up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hated this. Perhaps I should have avoided it after reading the CW because I feel *really* unsettled/disturbed. But I'd have missed an amazing piece of writing, better than much commercially published stuff. 5*

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

Could have been a really good story, but the way it was put together made it difficult to parse. What was the point of the italics? Was it just to say this is out of sequence, or to suggest it didn't happen that way. I was never clear on that, and wasn't clear on why chopping the narrative up accomplished anything. I liked the parts individually, nevertheless, and tried to make sense out of it, but don't understand the author's motive for the disjointed presentation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good lord! After all the well-written favourable comments, one might expect a little moderation from those writing the negative ones. Both the writing, for its elegance, conciseness and perfect choice of word, and the observation of the individuals and their interactions are amazing. Whether

here or in the world of printed books it is rare to meet the capacity to capture the way Liz, most evidently, manages to close down an interaction, and in so doing stifles her own growth and potential for happiness, and shuts her husband down tiny cut by tiny cut. In this set of stories Ms Terra also manages to bring to life the way love and desire leave such a powerful image in the mind that even abuse is glossed over so that we do not have to face the loss of its departure. A brilliant set of stories, with this probably the deepest and best.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Amazing writing. This one reminds me of passages from Faulkner’s Absalom Absalom. Very dense journey into darkness. Like Faulkner once you decipher the fractal house of mirrors you are left with the silence of the desert, barren and eternally empty.

5 stars

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

Really liked this story...it felt rather real...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I rarely leave comments, but absolutely had to in this case.

I just finished the whole, addictive series, with this, the least happy one, last.

As dark as it was, your writing was excellent and the characters realistic, believable, complex, and unique in this story as they were in the rest of the series. I wish them all well and look forward to more about them and other denizens of Minwack Falls.

You are definitely one of the best authors on this fine site. I have no idea how much your team contributes, but I extend my appreciation to them as well.

And the name "Minwack Falls" intrigues and amuses me, for some reason. Google Maps does not recognize it (yes, I knew, but had to look anyway). A great pity, that . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yet another MsCT masterpiece. No heroes and difficult to read, but sounds perfectly plausible. We are all in many ways flawed and prone to behave badly if stressed. 5 stars.

norcal62norcal62about 2 years ago

Poor start to the story. Unlikeable MC. Enough. End not so good either. Middle ????

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

Roshomon.

No wonder you got exceptionally low marks on this one. You have demanded a lot from your readers. This is in its own way and journey into the heart of darkness. Folks who thrive on a merry romp are going to scratch their heads muttering WTF.

"Two sides to every story. Three if you count the truth."

joeoggijoeoggialmost 2 years ago

Brilliant. You have a gift for characters that is unlike others on lit. I couldn’t put this down. Each story has a well developed character that keeps me coming back. You have to write a sequel series that shows what happened to each character 2 weeks or maybe 1 yr later in a similar storm. Think about it these characters are to good to leave us hanging!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Whatever you are smoking, stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Layered. Deep. Woven. Extremely well written. Thank you.

LWlurker

fullchoketubesfullchoketubesover 1 year ago

Well, you're just a freaking outstanding writer. What you're doing here i have no idea. But we're all better for it.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

He got nearly what he deserved.

Getting a vasectomy to renege on a promise???? And keep it a secret from her...

Justice would have her get pregnant and silently smile at him.

What a sad, entitled, jack off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What an incredibly difficult story to read. It’s beautifully written and very real but hard to process. My marriage was very different from these but I have unfortunately witnessed these types of things while caring for the children caught in their parents struggle to solve their own issues. This story was entirely too real for me. Beautiful job on a difficult issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

to me this was very dark and deep. Well written but man what a subject. I found no one at all to care for or like. You have a cheating wife with an abusive husband and we don't know what came first - the beating or the cheating. We have a husband who cheats on a wife that appears to be suffering from post part depression and then that wife suffers trust issues as he cheated. Understandable. But the second that they break up she goes out and has a one night stand that somehow cures all her problems? So how does she go from a loving wife, with issues, to a slut like that? I think she may know exactly who the ONS guy is.

Good writing but not enjoyable at all. This is a non erotic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So it's really well written, but I have to say... Years of abuse from the wife, even before the cheating and he's still the bad guy?

She comes off like the biggest piece of trash but somehow gets the happy ending. The last but of this story made it feel.. wasted , it's not even that literally everyone involved had a bad ending EXCEPT the terrible wife/mother, it's that all the endings felt forced and pointless to be depressing.

DoctorAlanDoctorAlanover 1 year ago

Gracious, that turned dark pretty quickly. Very well done indeed. Unlike some of the commenters here, I do not find any of the characters in the last several stories totally unsympathetic. They all suffered from a bad case of being human, and there but for fortune go you and I. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good writing. Strong characterization. Altogether a very good story. And I hated it. Yes I know that's on me, but still...

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

OMG, I thought this story was going to go on til I offed myself. It was so incredibly complicated that after a while I couldn’t even tell who was speaking or to whom. You do like to hear your own voice. So much filler. I just couldn’t punish myself any more after about 4-pages. Gave it a 2 for effort, and the score was in my opinion accurate since I did not like any of it. Maybe a good editor could condense it by half and simplify it by another half. Just sayin’. Keep trying !

brucewinwoodbrucewinwood10 months ago

Wow... It is dark, it is not an easy read but it is amazing (not just this story; I consider all parts to be one big story).

I read it all in one go, could not put it down. People have so many dimensions, and you captured that extremely well.

I will be following your work very closely!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That was deep and dark. I commented on the last story and now am looking at things differently and was wrong in judging having only one viewpoint. Life is indeed about choices. We all do and not do things that affect our lives and the ones around us. Thankyou for this series it is brilliant. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One of my favorite writers on the site. I find myself wishing I could like the story, I truly do. But not this time. Doubtless that's on me, but the 1* reflects my analysis.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo6 months ago

Not a happy story. But whose life is? No one knows what really goes on behind the picture perfect scenes we see projected in the lives of others. But still there's hope. Or we hope there's hope. "We're all broken. That's how the light gets in," Earnest Hemingway. I thought Leonard Cohen was the source for that in his song "Anthem." He changed it slightly to "There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." But Hemingway said it first.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A gritty atmosphere, burdensome and jaded. Makes one almost feel MC’s defenselessness and incertitude.

Interesting. Should read some more .

Cheers,

Captcha

avp92117avp921176 months ago

Wow, what a ride. Kudos on weaving all of these stories together into one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Jesus Christ, all of these broken, worn-down people. I felt so much for them, faults and all. Excellent writing.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

Well written, but I'd really rather have some escape in my escapism. Reading about unhappy people with unhappy endings has no joy in it for me. soz.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
4050 Followers
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories